IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

@Lurky I agree. Many of the Bateseseses are annoying, Carlin and Lawson head and shoulders above the rest, but they are the kind of people that would've benefitted from going to high school. Different groups of friends, figuring out what works socially, trying out different activities, being center stage for theater/music OR having to compete and make themselves better...They act so immature because they've had responsibilities but never that social learning experience and yeah I can't stand them either but I feel a little bad because they're the kind of kids who would've enjoyed it so much and benefitted so well from it. And instead Lawson was buying his family groceries and Carlin was raising babies. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, neurogirl said:

And instead Lawson was buying his family groceries and Carlin was raising babies.

Absolutely this.  Both of them seem pretty obnoxious from their social media, but what choice did they have in their lives?  Both had stupid levels of responsibility way too early, and if they're acting like 14 year olds with their first social media accounts, it's because their personalities have been deliberately treated like topiary by their parents, and now they have an outlet to go in a new direction, so they're pushing that way like crazy.

I can't blame Carlin for wanting to escape ASAP and being over-effusive about the fact she's getting out.  It's pretty painful to me that she's been brainwashed into thinking the first person to show an interest in her is The One, and she can't have a few years of living independently, making her mistakes and exploring who she is BEFORE getting married.  And when kids are one of 19, I don't blame them at all for being a ridiculous attention seeker, because what chance have they had of getting to be centre stage when they were growing up?

ETA I think it's really sad that the younger Bateseses/Duggars don't even seem to get more attention as their older siblings get married, because their parents are all about the grandbabies, so the Lost Boys/Girls are pushed to the side even more than before.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, candygirl200413 said:

How long can one go making staged photos for?! I'm scared to see what happens once they get married.

Psh! Haven’t you ever seen Jeremy and Audrey Roloff? Staged photos can last for years especially once you add a baby.

They seem so so immature. Like the equivalent of 7th grade going out with my first boyfriend! immature. My word. Their house is going to be filled with big portraits of themselves.  One time, my daughter went to a play date with a little friend from pre-school. We go in the house, and there are huge pictures of the mom hanging everywhere. Like really huge. Turns out she was a pageant winner of some sort. I can see this guy wanting decor like that. 

8 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Psh! Haven’t you ever seen Jeremy and Audrey Roloff? Staged photos can last for years especially once you add a baby.

Audrey legitimately shared a very staged photo which she later revealed was where their baby was conceived. They've also got some very suggestive Christmas poses and of course now they have a baby, beautiful staged photos of her (I'll admit, the latest one is ovary melting).

I'm sure Carlin and Evan can take it to new levels.

11 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm sure Carlin and Evan can take it to new levels.

Oh I'm sure Audrey will be saying ALWAYS MORE a lot more to compete with Carlin and Evan! :P 

I don't think their obnoxious posts have anything to do with them growing up sheltered or being on TV.

Many of my Uni Peers post equally annoying things and have a quite inflated sense of self importance.

Plus fundies seem to be very active on social media and well connected.

On 28/02/2018 at 7:36 AM, VineHeart137 said:

Just what we all need, more CarVan!

(My autocorrect changed CarVan to carbs the first time, which I would've been down with.)

Every single time I see this annoying little fuck it makes me think of Joey Tribbiani....#smellthefartacting

JT.jpg

Looks like Nashville above. 

Also, laughing at people who ask if they have chaperones... who do you think is taking the damn picture?

The skirts are getting shorter and shorter yet it seems like the beliefs stay the same. If only their ties to fundamentalism and patriarchy would start to disappear like their prairie dresses.

Agree that dress is shorter than I think I've ever seen. I wonder what the standards will be once Callie becomes an older teenager.

10 hours ago, Skeptic55 said:

Agree that dress is shorter than I think I've ever seen. I wonder what the standards will be once Callie becomes an older teenager.

Callie, Jeb and Judson seem to have Kelly and Gil wrapped around their little fingers I can see them getting away with a whole lot. 

okay this picture is a new level of WTF. also what is with Evan's new hair style is he trying to copy Kelton. :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

okay this picture is a new level of WTF. also what is with Evan's new hair style is he trying to copy Kelton. :pb_rollseyes:

I just.....nope. At least he's poking fun at himself though, someone mentioned in the comments that they should have captioned the picture "Squirrel...?" and he agreed.

Seems like Evan is trying to smarten up a little, he's looking a bit less "douche-bro" lately, a bit more "grown young-man".
And I agree, he's copying Kelton/Bobby/Chad, or whoever, they all look the same, but SOMEHOW, when there's a whole group of them, Evan always sticks out like a sore thumb (and when you think about it, he is the one with the least "skills", he's not a certified plumber/Chad 2.0 like Kelton (who is also a PCC graduate), he isn't going to be a youth minister like Bobby (who also graduated from PCC aka somewhere at all) and the list goes on....
I know that's why him and Lawson clearly get along like a house on fire, singing "talent", getting attention because of looks and popularity/being loud and in your face, etc. (seriously, if you want to see two divas fight for who pouts/speaks/gets attention from the camera more, watch the BUB Live with Lawson, his brother Ethan and him. It's gold.
Still not over it!

Evan seems to be trying to look more like he would make sense as a real-life husband, rather than Carlin's silly/attention seeking other half....it's ....sort of working?

NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you're not fooling anyone Evan!

Okay, I don't know what he thinks he looks like? Cool or something? But it's not working. He just looks like a complete dumbass in that picture. I'm sorry (not really though).

Carlin said Evan is going to electrician school on the live video. I’m glad he finally seems to be doing work of some kind. But at the same time it makes me think he’s preparing to sustain a marriage and family and stuff and it makes me cringe. I can’t even begin to imagine these two as parents

Oh ffs. For once a picture of Carlin that actually looks natural and lovely, and then of course Evan has to roll in and ruin it. So much second hand embarrassment. So. Much.

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh ffs. For once a picture of Carlin that actually looks natural and lovely, and then of course Evan has to roll in and ruin it. So much second hand embarrassment. So. Much.

Right?! They truly are gorgeous, and I've never noticed how similar their features are...but I just can't upvote the post due to Fundie Zoolander's ridiculous comment.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived