IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

2 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

I just looked at Evan's IG story and he posted a picture of Carlin's figure with a ring and put "success" over the ring with a heart... I'd be really surprised if they are not engaged yet. I'm sure they are just waiting for the right time to announce it. 

if it was there it's seems to be gone now opps maybe he got in trouble announcing before the show could. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so I looks like it's just been over 24 hours since Evan posted that story (meaning it disappeared and he did not take it down).

It was a series of videoss of Evan going with Carlin as she got a manicure. The last success one was related to her nails being complete.

Just before we run away on the she was wearing a ring they're engagemed train!

9 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Okay so I looks like it's just been over 24 hours since Evan posted that story (meaning it disappeared and he did not take it down).

It was a series of videoss of Evan going with Carlin as she got a manicure. The last success one was related to her nails being complete.

Just before we run away on the she was wearing a ring they're engagemed train!

Evan is so weird :laughing-rollingyellow:

The ring is on her thumb. Just an attention grab.

Well hopefully those two should not have kids anytime soon.

Screenshot_2018-03-24-21-12-42.png

2 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

just a reminder that they are not just immature and bubbly, they're ignorant and disgusting too

Trust me, I’m very well aware about that and about the disgusting beliefs of the entire Bates family. No reminders needed.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I hope they will outgrow this and look back cringing at posing with poor children to get attention, but I have a feeling these two will remain this way. 

I agree, right now they seem to be a good match. I'm not sure I could stand being around either of them, though. 

I definitely wouldn’t be able to stand them for very long. 

And if there was a Bates/Duggar White Savior Fundie Olympics then Carlin would probably be a Bronze Medalist. I think she’s beat out by Silver Medalist Lawson (who has gone on more trips and fame whores slightly more than she does about them) and Gold Medalists the Dillards (who moved to another country to harass people, grifted like crazy for their lifestyle, failed, and are now grifting like crazy for more mission trips to harass more people through Cross Church.)

On 3/15/2018 at 5:04 PM, ophelia said:

What the actual fuck?
But damn it. Carlin is a beauty.

And all these younger Bates women really have awesome style and outfits. I’m jealous of that. 

And re: that photo above me - why can they never look AT each other or both at the camera at the same time? I don’t get this fundie stare at all.

the pulling at his clothing pose seems a little scandalous, no? Just rip his shirt off already, why don't ya? 

Not for normal people but for fundies that seems inappropriate. 

I guess I was curious with any slip ups after your comment @Casserole, especially because they've been courting since forever but then I forgot chaperones but then again whoever is taking the photo is more than likely one so I guess they're fine with that?

5 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I guess I was curious with any slip ups after your comment @Casserole, especially because they've been courting since forever but then I forgot chaperones but then again whoever is taking the photo is more than likely one so I guess they're fine with that?

I think it depends on the sibling that is chaperoning. the kids know which sibs will let it slide and which won't.  I feel like one of them said Tori used to be a really strict chaperone so some of her siblings gave her grief when she was courting.  but also the rules have been loosened so much since they first kids were courting. I mean Gil sent the three couples out on a triple date with no other chaparones. (OKay the camra's were there but still) do you really think two other courting couples will care that much. LOL. 

the duggars never would have sent Jostin and Joken out alone with just cameras that's for sure. 

laughing really hard at Evan's newest Insta video. and not even in a snarky way I just really found it funny. he has his moments. 

Carlin is a gold mine of unintentional comedy.  Silly, yes, but check out the entries for “thumb ring”’on Urban Dictionary.  She would be horrified. 

I am really hoping for a Carven sighting someday soon!!!!!

Carlin and the younger kids go out for ice cream I wonder if she's still doing a majority of their schooling. you know Kelly isn't doing it. and well Carlin has school she still seems the most logical with Josie working outside the home and everyone else but Katie married. 

I wonder what they will do once Carlin gets married. I don't see Kelly and Gil suddenly becoming involved parents who spend the days at home educating and caring for their children. 

29 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder what they will do once Carlin gets married. I don't see Kelly and Gil suddenly becoming involved parents who spend the days at home educating and caring for their children. 

They still have Katie (17, and referred to as one of the most intelligent Bates) and Addallee and Ellie are twelve and almost eleven, respectively. They are old enough to sister-mom the youngest three.

Jackson, Warden, and Isaiah are at that self-sufficient age. They're probably already helping Gil with the tree business.

Or they'll import an unmarried girl from somewhere else who needs to meet a husband.  Like they did with the Paine daughter who married the rapist. And the way the Duggars have Jana's friend living there. Some older unmarried girl will show up to tutor. 

We were discussing the Manor House show in the Lady Lydia thread and thinking about who is actually raising the Bates children made me think of the woman who was the wealthy Edwardian lady of the house. When the show started she was shocked at how little time she spent with her son, but by the time the show ended she wasn't as bothered by it and wanted to stay in that lifestyle. Kelly, Michelle, Jill Rod. and some of these other fundie mothers remind me of that woman. They see their children during portions of the day, but most of the actual child rearing is left to someone else. In fundie homes it is usually another sibling or an unmarried daughter of one of their friends. Kelly and Michelle sort of live the life of rich Edwardian mother. At this point they travel and do all the fun stuff they want to do while someone else cleans the house and raises the children. 

I doubt either of them started out thinking that they would have others raising their children, but it is the result of the mega-family fundie lifestyle and I doubt that they would want to go back to cleaning, cooking and child raising. 

On 3/29/2018 at 8:30 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Carlin and the younger kids go out for ice cream I wonder if she's still doing a majority of their schooling. you know Kelly isn't doing it. and well Carlin has school she still seems the most logical with Josie working outside the home and everyone else but Katie married. 

Addie is looking much older than I remember her in my head. For some reason Addie down to Jeb are in my head as a nebulous group of 3-6 year olds. Same with Josie Duggar, it dawned on me that she’s turning 9 this year. Like, soon neither of these families will have “little kids” anymore. 

On 3/30/2018 at 9:35 AM, formergothardite said:

We were discussing the Manor House show in the Lady Lydia thread and thinking about who is actually raising the Bates children made me think of the woman who was the wealthy Edwardian lady of the house. When the show started she was shocked at how little time she spent with her son, but by the time the show ended she wasn't as bothered by it and wanted to stay in that lifestyle. Kelly, Michelle, Jill Rod. and some of these other fundie mothers remind me of that woman. They see their children during portions of the day, but most of the actual child rearing is left to someone else. 

The thing that bugged me about her casting was that she was a doctor and was all about “finally, I can get some rest!” I thought that casting a woman who didn’t work outside the home would have made a better experiment in historical re-enactment.

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I like Carlins dress, but hate Lawson's face. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Carlin looks nice but I prefer Josie's look. interesting that Kelton isn't with them. does he go to a different church? 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived