IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

Let me try. I do not know if it is wishful thinking or truth but I read it like Jessica was way too strict, too conservative for him - at least in some things. I wonder how their parents fit into it, hers especially. I think if they thought Levi to be too out of their comfort zone Brigid would not be hanging out with him as frequently and freely as she does. I think Levi is , a outgoing, witty person who needs a voice of reason while being there in the thick of it. Jessica saw herself at home, tending to the Kitchen the Kirk and the kids. Not traveling wherever her Husband ends up at. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoalMiningGuy said:

I think Levi is , a outgoing, witty person who needs a voice of reason while being there in the thick of it. Jessica saw herself at home, tending to the Kitchen the Kirk and the kids. Not traveling wherever her Husband ends up at. 

I think Jessica should be grateful that she realized this. Jill Dillard didn't and we saw how miserable she was in Central America. 

• 2 weeks later...

The "girls" are once again revamping their blog. Their latest blog post on boyersisters.com is titled "When Life Gives You Lemons...The Boyer Sisters Are Back!"

So, the lemons that life has given them is their sister getting married? I know that Jessica's broken engagement (2 years ago!) could be considered a lemon, but what is Charlotte's deal? Maybe there's more that they aren't sharing with us, I don't know. These two confuse me so much!

So their new blog is going to be about more than just modest fashion. Wow, I'm amazed <yawn> I like how they're both wearing jeans in the latest post, after so many years of telling us that jeans were for hussies! Instead, they're going to focus on faith <yawn again> relationships (what relationships?) and lifestyle (what lifestyle? lol). I guess they must have an audience out there somewhere. Maybe tween girls would look up at them as role models? I don't get it. They're nearly as bad as the Maxwell girls in terms of having anything interesting to blog about. Now that they aren't singing or doing the whole vintage thing, they're struggling to come up with anything blogworthy. 

Yawn. Give it a rest please. The only thing re-starting this blog will do is show how much Brigid was always the only sister with any style or creativity.

"Refinement."  One of those tricky words that don't mean what the Boyers think they do.

Don’t worry, we’re keeping all the old content–it’s our history after all! 

Oh.  So they are putting back the content they scrubbed then?

There's only one way to handle life giving you lemons, and this sage advice comes to us from a Mr. C.J. not J.C.:

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” 

@Georgiana I love you. Random CJ quotes make my day. :tw_blush:

(For those who don't get it, Cave Johnson is a mad scientist/evil CEO from the videogame Portal 2)

8 hours ago, Mommit said:

So, the lemons that life has given them is their sister getting married? I know that Jessica's broken engagement (2 years ago!) could be considered a lemon, but what is Charlotte's deal? Maybe there's more that they aren't sharing with us, I don't know. These two confuse me so much!

I agree, what are they talking about?? What is this bucket of cold water dumped on their heads that broke the family (quote below)? Are they being dramatic or is there more to the story that we don't know? If so, why remain so enigmatic about it?

The brokenness we experienced as a family was that bucket of shockingly cold water. We girls were on a set course and then–sploosh! Down it came! There was nothing we could do to stop it!

7 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I agree, what are they talking about?? What is this bucket of cold water dumped on their heads that broke the family (quote below)? Are they being dramatic or is there more to the story that we don't know? If so, why remain so enigmatic about it?

I vaguely recall when Jessica first started courting there were multiple references not just to Levi and Gabe but also a third friend in a sort of trio of guys, wasn't there?

Because I also vaguely recall speculation that it might turn into the Boyer sisters each eventually pairing up with the three guys.

Trying to search I found comments at least in the other part of the forum where the fundie relationship status thread is that there were a lot of surprised reactions over there, at least, when Brigid and Gabe ended up together because of the hints at almost a 'package deal' thing early in the details of Levi and Jessica's relationship starting sort of alluding to more courtships to come.

All that to say, it makes me wonder if maybe Charlotte also was in the early (esp early stages due to her age) with that other friend and that ended also, thus her possibly also feeling like she lost a relationship and thus both Charlotte and Jessica feeling they "lost their course"?

Or maybe something else went down around the time of the move and that's what it's in reference to as far as the family (more broadly?)?

ETA: Yup! Found more posts going back even further, at least in that other thread about fundie relationship status, where when Jessica was posting her story a few of us said it was reading to us that they were possibly hinting at all 3 sisters ending up with the guys.

Anyone know if part 3 of Jessica's courtship/engagement post can be found on Wayback? I can never find anything on there! It was around January 20, 2016. That was one part it really jumped out to at least two of us that it was more than J/L alone they were alluding to (though obviously maybe it really was only also B/G and not C and...whatever the other guy's name is. I don't recall now)

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/17719-list-of-unmarried-fundies/?do=findComment&comment=1106989

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/17719-list-of-unmarried-fundies/?do=findComment&comment=1107354

@jakesykora that was some amazing investigative work. I'm a bit drunk from the J-Rod thread but how the heck old was Charlotte when this was going down? Iirc Jessica is my age (24) with the other two being two and four years younger than her respectively. 

Anyway I had a look at their FAQ page and came across this quote which demonstrates a stunning lack of self-realisation and growth:

Why did you change your style?

For many years we dressed in vintage/retro-inspired styles. This fit perfectly into our lifestyles as stay-at-home sisters pursuing a small career as an Andrews Sisters tribute group & vintage-fashion bloggers. After Brigid got married, we really began to re-evaluate our lives as individuals rather than sisters. As a result, we (Jessica & Charlotte) found that our old style as vintage fashion bloggers didn’t fit our current outlook on life. We have been having a blast bending the rules and discovering our own individual style + pursuits!

They re-evaluated their identities as a group of three and decided that once Brigid left they would merely be a group of two?

But seriously, these women need direction in their lives. They've idolised marriage as the be all and end all and rather than preparing themselves they're just wasting away until Prince Charming arrives. Ladies, if you want to be stay-at-home wives and mothers there are lots of things left for you to learn. Firstly, if you intend to homeschool, it's probably wise for you to do some sort of education training. How about something health/nutritionally related. Not just oils, maybe it's time to learn exactly how to structure a diet for a child? Mentor some young women in your community, perhaps about the dangers of pyramid schemes?Otherwise, read some books. Review them online. Learn, then add something to the font of human knowledge. C.S. Lewis has written wonderful books, I'd particularly recommend The Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce. I'll recommend you some others: Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred Taylor, The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth Speare, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Please. Sign up for GoodReads and expand your minds.

I'm a Christian, and my experience of God is not at ALL that he "dumps buckets of cold water" on my head. What kind of God are they following?

I change my style a lot, I'm currently rocking quite the Wednesday Adams meets Anne of Green Gables. (Braids but I'm a redhead so I defer to Anne!) However, I have never said "This is for hussies", so I think that Jessica and Charlotte need to reevaluate themselves as people before they reevaluate their style. Ladies, this whole blogging/essential oils thing is not working! Please play again! 

Jesus wept. Get a life gal pals, literally. If your God has blessed your “platform” then again it isn’t a ringing endorsement of your God.

I look forward to October when there will undoubtedly be a new redesign of the blog focusing on sisterhood after heartache, posing for the camera, prayer and hobbies, followed by the April 2019 edition focusing on baking, photography, forgiveness and MLM moxibustion.

13 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Seeing as Jessica referred to Brigid as a 'corpse' after she began courting, I lean towards hysterical dramatics. :pb_biggrin:

22 hours ago, CurlyWurly said:

@jakesykora that was some amazing investigative work. I'm a bit drunk from the J-Rod thread but how the heck old was Charlotte when this was going down? Iirc Jessica is my age (24) with the other two being two and four years younger than her respectively. 

Anyway I had a look at their FAQ page and came across this quote which demonstrates a stunning lack of self-realisation and growth:

They re-evaluated their identities as a group of three and decided that once Brigid left they would merely be a group of two?

But seriously, these women need direction in their lives. They've idolised marriage as the be all and end all and rather than preparing themselves they're just wasting away until Prince Charming arrives. Ladies, if you want to be stay-at-home wives and mothers there are lots of things left for you to learn. Firstly, if you intend to homeschool, it's probably wise for you to do some sort of education training. How about something health/nutritionally related. Not just oils, maybe it's time to learn exactly how to structure a diet for a child? Mentor some young women in your community, perhaps about the dangers of pyramid schemes?Otherwise, read some books. Review them online. Learn, then add something to the font of human knowledge. C.S. Lewis has written wonderful books, I'd particularly recommend The Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce. I'll recommend you some others: Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred Taylor, The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth Speare, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Please. Sign up for GoodReads and expand your minds.

Yeah I think you're close on ages because that came up somewhere in my digging last night also.

I think they were about 18/19, 20/21, and 22/23ish at the time - so yeah, Charlotte would have been especially young (not that the others weren't/aren't anyway, but not nearly as much so in their circles).

Actually, thinking about it, that's pretty close to Tori/Carlin/Josie and their respective ages early in their relationships, I believe, with Josie being even younger depending on what we 'count'. And we saw all those start at nearly the same time (though the depth of relationship levels they were at and how much we were even hearing publicly varied, obviously) . I wouldn't be shocked if we also see in that very close ('chunk' of the Bates family) sister trio we could also see marrying 'out of order,' as while obviously Tori has married first, there's definitely speculation that Josie and Kelton could marry before Carlin and Evan.

22 hours ago, CurlyWurly said:

Currently, Jessica is 22, Brigid 20, and Charlotte 18. Which makes Jessica and Charlotte's dramatics even more over the top, since they're barely into adulthood. I believe Jessica and Brigid were 19 and 17 respectively when they started getting to know the trio of boys, so that would have left Charlotte at 15. I know Levi was present at Charlotte's 16th birthday party, given her dramatic detailed retelling of the stressful prep leading up to the rained out garden party...

If Charlotte was in the getting-to-know-you stage with a *gasp* boy while her sisters were doing the same (with actual prospects of courting/engagement/marriage, given their older ages), perhaps the proper guidance wasn't there to guard her heart as well as she should have, AKA the courtship model fails spectacularly yet again!

Good on Brigid for having the fortitude to move on from that stifling trio and into a new life with her husband and baby.

Oh, and Charlotte entered the world of Twitter just about a month ago: https://twitter.com/ModdyApple

It's gems like these that she's retweeting: 

Of note, she's following Donald Trump (both his personal account and that of @POTUS), Tomi Lahren, her dad, most of the cast of The Office (US), a bunch of Christian style bloggers, a handful of actors that play superheroes, and about a dozen high fashion houses that that don't come close to this handy tip tweet from The Boyer Sisters: 

Oh my goodness, I was unaware of her twitter presence and I thank you for this gift. I've scrolled through and the thing that stands out (besides retweeting about how 45 ended the Korean War?!!11??!?) is that she's quoting pretty mainstream films and TV. She's got references to The Office and The Devil Wears Prada, which both portray pre-marital sex and women having real jobs. Not what I expected from a Boyer at all.

There's also a wonderful cross-over to my other favourite forgotten-fundie-satelite-wannabees, Bethany and Kristen from Girl Defined! 

Oh and then her re-tweet about everyone else being married and settling down? Girl, you're 18. Get off your arse, get a real job, help some people, learn something, and read a book. Good lord. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 9.25.07 pm.png

Charlotte needs to go get a job, enroll in college, and/or volunteer somewhere. 

Every time I think it’s impossible these girls could be any more of a hot mess, they prove me wrong. Jesus.

Delight in other people’s happiness you misanthropes. Heaven forbid other people have the cheek to happily engaged when they know a single 18 year old who is  wallowing in misery at their lack of a life rather than doing anything about it.

That god who apparently blessed your blog? Romans 12:15 - When others are happy, be happy with them. Proverbs 14:30- A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealously is like cancer in the bones. 1 Corinthians 13:4. Psalm 138:8. So very many passages for you to ponder if you’re so inclined.

Boyer social media caption mad lib:

GUYS, do you ever have one of those [period of time, plural] where everything just feels like [adjective]? The [noun] is real, y'all! Luckily, Young Living and God have teamed up to provide us with the miracle that is [noun] oil! It's the Bomb Dot Com! Link in bio!"

6 hours ago, Ali said:

Charlotte needs to go get a job, enroll in college, and/or volunteer somewhere. 

God yes. She has all that youthful energy and it's not going anywhere and so it just churns round and round causing anxiety and a complete loss of perspective. She also desperately needs to get out and socialize with some new people not already in her sisters' social circle. These women aren't Maxwell level fundy -- they drink wine, watch PG-13 entertainment, and wear jeans. None of her current religious beliefs are stopping her from joining a MeetUp christian singles group, a church's 20s and 30s group, or to volunteer with the Rotarians. 

It would be so healthy for her to hang out with other people her age. She'd gain so much perspective on these "problems" that seem so big since she's always in her own head and realize they aren't that big of problems (like not being married at 18!) and realize that other people her age are also grappling with how to build their lives and become adults. She'd have friends and experiences all her own, and hey, she might even meet someone while she's at it.

35 minutes ago, Kariina said:

Boyer social media caption mad lib:

GUYS, do you ever have one of those fortnights where everything just feels like an attack by Satan ? The modetsy is real, y'all! Luckily, Young Living and God have teamed up to provide us with the miracle that is employment oil! It's the Skinny Jeans of Life! Link in bio!"

thanks, Kariina; that was fun!

ok, her retweet above has been bothering me all day; it's the bit about white privilege not existing.  so here's a tutorial to help our dear Charlotte/ModdyApple get her head out of her ass:  when i walk my dog, i like to admire peoples' yards.  so my gaze is frequently turned to the right as i go past strangers' houses.  if i were black, i would be accused of being up to no good; but i am white, so no one notices me.  last year while on my way home from work, i had to go through a police checkpoint; they were looking for seatbelt compliance and valid registration/inspection stickers.  when it was my turn, i proceeded extremely slowly because 2 cars has already been pulled over, and i had a very narrow path between them and the cop.  but he smiled and said, "you're fine, keep coming," and then "have a nice day, ma'am"  as he waved me through.  even at the time, i couldn't help but think that he probably would have spoken far more harshly if i had not been white.  and that, Miss Boyer, is white privilege.  now take that knowledge and get yourself a fucking clue.

15 minutes ago, catlady said:

ok, her retweet above has been bothering me all day; it's the bit about white privilege not existing.

wut? like, seriously? how about...i'm pretty sure she'd get the passcode to a bathroom at starbucks without ordering and not be arrested...so...yeah, there's that. those 2 men just settled with my city for $1...and a promise from the city to set up a program for entrepreneurs. people of every kind are welcome in my coffee shop, they can even use the bathroom and free wifi. even the silly boyer sisters.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived