IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I agree the girls may not know when their bfs are going to pop the question. However, they certainly know they are being filmed, because the crew has to set up and then is all around them, with their boom mikes and all.

Also, it's certainly possible to have a staged scene where Carlin pretends she needs to rush and change her outfit.

Well, yeah I obviously think they know the film crew is there, it would be hard to miss that. Brandon and Gil addressed this in regards to Michael’s engagement episode. They planned it around their filming schedule and the film crew said “oh, we’d love to film you surprising Brandon in D.C.” 

I know they’re fake AF but I genuinely think they do try and make their engagements and courtships pretty authentic. That said, I’m sure BUB helps foot the bill on some of these elaborate ones.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

But we know that Kelton asked Josie to court on some bridge based on the photos Taryn Yaeger took when they announced their courtship. I actually don’t think the girls know exactly the date/place/time of their courtships. The skating rink may very well be  part of their courtship date but I don’t think that’s the exact time or place of the courtship proposal, it was likely the lead up to it.

Reveal hidden contents

6E3069E0-A981-463A-B194-79C401251827.thumb.jpeg.c76d65f836eb0bc91b79666e54053d87.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

E08E1276-2BCD-4B42-9DFF-830D2D70C0A9.thumb.jpeg.b7def354dae912d3f7ada1d4a35200a2.jpeg

It definitely looks like the skating rink is part of their courtship date since they're being wearing the same clothes as on the bridge. They wouldn't get engaged the same day though it's anyone's guess why he's kneeling.

It looks to me like kelton asks for the courtship while skating and then the pictures are possibly taken on the bridge afterwards.  

Quick flashback... Nathan asked Ashley to court while skating. That one didn’t turn out so wel...

This is a video that Kelton's father made the day before his wife's funeral. If there was ever any doubt as to the family's fundamentalist beliefs, this should lay them to rest! 

Some observations: 

- he mentions a Sunday School teacher called Daniel Webster. Could this be Alyssa's FIL?

- the kids at the end: the daughter's frozen smile despite losing her mother a few days prior haunts me.

- I know everyone grieves in their own way, but I do find the emotionless delivery and the content of his tribute to his wife to be a little strange, for so soon after she's passed away. 

The father speech seems heartless, but maybe he was in shock? Also he makes it seem like his wife was much more strict and religious that he was. Like she was the one that got him to change jobs for example, i thought the male was the one that suposedly make the decisions?

The children, poor things, i think were too young to understand what really had happened. 

We didn't find anything really about his wife outside that she was a fairly strict religious mother who kept the children on a tight schedule. 

The frozen smile on the daughter's face was heartbreaking. The way Kelton slouched in made me think he was uncomfortable posing for the cameras. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Daniel Webster was the same one related to Alyssa.

Everyone reacts differently to severe stress.  This man reminded me of someone in severe shock who just mechanically said the words.  When my mother died, i spoke at her funeral, made all the arrangements and didnt shed a tear for several weeks.  That is why it is called a "grief reaction."

I can't knock him for his reaction, but I feel bad for Kelton in that video. He's just kind of staring at the baby with so much sadness. It makes me wonder how he'll handle Josie being pregnant.

8 hours ago, bal maiden said:

This is a video that Kelton's father made the day before his wife's funeral. If there was ever any doubt as to the family's fundamentalist beliefs, this should lay them to rest! 

Some observations: 

- he mentions a Sunday School teacher called Daniel Webster. Could this be Alyssa's FIL?

- the kids at the end: the daughter's frozen smile despite losing her mother a few days prior haunts me.

- I know everyone grieves in their own way, but I do find the emotionless delivery and the content of his tribute to his wife to be a little strange, for so soon after she's passed away. 

Well I just found out I’ve been pronouncing Balka wrong this whole time. 

What a terrible tragedy this family endured. 

I felt a little sad that the children had to make this video so soon after their mother’s death. It reminded me a bit of Prince Harry having to follow behind his mothers coffin publicly. I hope the kids were okay with making this video so soon after losing their mother.

I am sure that Kelton would insist upon prenatal care and a hospital delivery if and when Josie is pregnant. 

What struck me, besides the emotionless affect, is how similar his voice sounds to Jim Bob's or Gil's. The same slow, patient explanation in an almost soothing tone. It's very unnerving to me the way they sound the same and sound non-threatening, even when they're saying super super fundie things. 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Well I just found out I’ve been pronouncing Balka wrong this whole time. 

How is it pronounced?

1 minute ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

How is it pronounced?

In the video above he says Ball-ka.

I always assumed it was pronounced Bell-ka

so kelton got the courtship approval on the first try, what happened with bobby and zoolander? did we see (as in was it filmed) either of them getting a "no" from gil? I think i remember reading here that gil gave zoolander a hard time and was talking about slowing down...but did they get the go ahead to start courting during that conversation, anyway? 

I think with Bobby, he was wanting to start a courtship when he met Tori. He had no idea what courtship was to the Bates. So, I don't think he was a refusal, just Gil letting him no the rules for getting to talk to/spend time with Tori.

As for Evan, I don't think he asked Gil more than once to court Carlin. At least I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

so kelton got the courtship approval on the first try, what happened with bobby and zoolander? did we see (as in was it filmed) either of them getting a "no" from gil? I think i remember reading here that gil gave zoolander a hard time and was talking about slowing down...but did they get the go ahead to start courting during that conversation, anyway? 

From what was posted here, Gil seemed to want CarVan to take things slowly. Kelly, on the other hand, was practically salivating at the thought of another kid out of the house. Gil ultimately gave the ok during that conversation.

(I’m still not sure if Gil was being genuine here or if UP thought his hesitation would make things more interesting.)

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

From what was posted here, Gil seemed to want CarVan to take things slowly. Kelly, on the other hand, was practically salivating at the thought of another kid out of the house. Gil ultimately gave the ok during that conversation.

(I’m still not sure if Gil was being genuine here or if UP thought his hesitation would make things more interesting.)

I don't know if he's being genuine here or not either. I'd like to think so because CarVan aren't ready for marriage. But I can't tell if he really means it or hesitates because UP wants him to or he thinks its fun to make the couples think he's going to make them wait. Kelly its easy to tell given how eager she is to shove every child down the aisle. I'm honestly surprise she doesn't have Gil marry them when they start courting or something given how she reacted before.  

10 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Kelton and Josie said in the episode where Kelton asked Gil to court, that they had wanted to date a year or a few years (I don’t remember) before they actually got the approva but Gil and Kelly told them they were too young to be in a relationship. They talked about how it had been hard and Kelly said to them something about “knowing they had hurt feelings having to due with delaying the courtship.” 

In the advance of the episode they made it seem like Gil was going to say no to Evan, but in reality he did say yes the first time he asked, and they started courting months before Josie and Kelton. 

1 hour ago, llucie said:

In the advance of the episode they made it seem like Gil was going to say no to Evan, but in reality he did say yes the first time he asked, and they started courting months before Josie and Kelton. 

Gil probably knows that it’ll make a good teaser for the show and/or he’s just a jerk.

Also please excuse my ridiculous typos in my post above guys. I wasn’t fully awake. :content:

5 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I don't know if he's being genuine here or not either. I'd like to think so because CarVan aren't ready for marriage. But I can't tell if he really means it or hesitates because UP wants him to or he thinks its fun to make the couples think he's going to make them wait. Kelly its easy to tell given how eager she is to shove every child down the aisle. I'm honestly surprise she doesn't have Gil marry them when they start courting or something given how she reacted before.  

Kelly would put Mrs. Bennet to shame for sure. 

I don’t know much about Kelton. Did his father ever remarry? Were the children still homeschooled or did they end up going to school while the Dad worked? Ariana was very young to raise her baby sister and little brother. 

I imagine Kelton will want his children born in a hospital. 

Did Kelton's mother die when a home birth went wrong? I don't know much about his background since I don't watch the show and don't follow them as closely as I did once.

I don't think we have any details on her passing. Here is another video that shows her in the hospital with a newborn, I believe it's the second youngest. 

On 6/6/2018 at 2:58 AM, Markie said:

I don’t know much about Kelton. Did his father ever remarry? Were the children still homeschooled or did they end up going to school while the Dad worked? Ariana was very young to raise her baby sister and little brother. 

I imagine Kelton will want his children born in a hospital. 

Doesnt seem like he remarried since in all the pictures i have seen its him alone with the kids. No idea about homeschool, but he could have get help from the grandmothers or aunts for example.

5 hours ago, faraway said:

I don't think we have any details on her passing. Here is another video that shows her in the hospital with a newborn, I believe it's the second youngest. 

That me tear up. She seemed to really love her children. Seems like the youngest baby, since four older children are there at the hospital. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived