IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

Iirc, Josie and Alyssa are very close. Josie seems to be like Alyssa. She's ready to get married and knows it. She works, Kelton works, and it's the only way to get freedom. Why wait?

Carlin needs to wait. She comes across as way to immature to marry right now, imo.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Wow. That would be a mess to see Josie go before Carlin. How would Carlin ever contain her anxiety and disappointment about the matter? Also, ruins my suspicion that Carlin is already engaged. lol

Regarding Carlin, she won't; however, she'll make her feelings known in a very passive-aggressive way. See her post on Tori's wedding, where she calls herself "maybe slightly jealous though."

It could make for some snark-worthy Instagram posts or reality TV.

Things that would make for some great TV:

Calling Josie's wedding a dress rehearsal for hers. 

Constantly telling people "at my wedding, it'll be this way instead" relating to decorations, flowers, food etc.

Saying things like "Oh they only had 500 guests but we're having 600". One-upmanship at its finest.

Trying on dresses at the same time as Josie to "get some practice in".

Basically trying to push her wedding ideas on to Josie (or steer her away from things she wants). Things like suggesting certain flowers or brisemaids colours.

2 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Trying on dresses at the same time as Josie to "get some practice in".

If I were Josie, and Carlin were to have pulled this shit, at least words would be had.

While attending my cousin's bridal dress appointment along with some other family members, one of my aunts (not the Mother of the Bride) tactlessly attempted to poach our sales attendant to inquire about jewelry for HERSELF. Thankfully, the attendant kept it incredibly professional; however, my poor, overwhelmed cousin was later moved to tears about the whole ordeal.

I think logically Josie may be in a better spot but it seems Carlin will get the family's approval, first, based on the fact they were dating a year (or close?) when they started courting. It's been about 6 (?) months  since then. I just think this relationship is ripe; ready to spill over. They didn't take breaks like Josie and Kelton did. I believe they're next.

However, it seems (in the name of irony), Carlin is leaving one family ball and chain for another. I think she is expected to add to Evan's singing family situation in a major way. I don't see as much independence with her union as the others. But maybe deep down inside that's what she wants.

I find it interesting that the Bateses and the Duggars are going to run out of daughters to marry off.  The Duggars only have Jana left, and Carlin & Josie will be married this year, I bet, then it's just Katie for a few years.

The Duggars have been better at finding 17 year old girls for their sons to marry...  I wonder if there's pressure on Lawson, Nate and Trace, or if that will come once Carlin, Josie and Katie get hitched?

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

I find it interesting that the Bateses and the Duggars are going to run out of daughters to marry off.  The Duggars only have Jana left, and Carlin & Josie will be married this year, I bet, then it's just Katie for a few years.

The Duggars have been better at finding 17 year old girls for their sons to marry...  I wonder if there's pressure on Lawson, Nate and Trace, or if that will come once Carlin, Josie and Katie get hitched?

I mean these weddings are literally their bread and butter, especially for the Duggars. I'm ashamed to admit I wonder what their shows plotlines will look like, sans courtships and weddings.  If JB actually shows enough respect for Jana and John David's boundaries to not pressure them into a courtship, I will have a crumb of respect for him. 

I have always thought that Jana and John David are deliberately not getting married young specifically to avoid having a large amount of kids. I wouldn't be surprised if Jana didn't court until after she's 30 just for that reason alone. John David I could actually see living life quite happily as the bachelor Uncle. 

I think they'll leave Lawson alone. He's trying to make that music career. But Katie will have a special friend if not at 18 like Josie, soon after, and Nathan and Trace won't be long.  As for Jana (and I know this is debated a ton on the Duggar boards) I don't know if its a conscious choice on her part. It may just not have happened. 

Already posted these in the Bates thread, but these comment makes me think these two could be engaged. 

Spoiler

IMG_20180507_084502_825.jpg

9 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Already posted these in the Bates thread, but these comment makes me think these two could be engaged. 

Hide contents

IMG_20180507_084502_825.jpg

I don’t think they are quite yet. I think it’ll happen this year though, possibly sooner than later. Kelton and Josie are both in a better place for marriage than Carlin and Evan are right now, so if Gil gives the ok to anyone I think it’ll be them.

I get the hand holding, but why is he clenching his other fist like that?   Looks so bizarre, I can't parse that photo.

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I get the hand holding, but why is he clenching his other fist like that?   Looks so bizarre, I can't parse that photo.

He looks so rigid. Based exclusively in his non-verbal communication, I would say he's the least nice Bates son-in-law. Of course, any of us know how really are them. 

It’s possible he just isn’t as comfortable around cameras yet, including photographs.  Bobby seemed to be a natural with the cameras. Chad still admits to feeling awkward around them. I feel like Kelton may just struggle with the thought that being with Josie comes with quite a big adjustment of becoming a public figure. That can’t be easy. 

On 4/15/2018 at 5:40 PM, TeaELSee said:

I can’t get over the fact that Keltons mom died in childbirth and his family still belongs to a religion that thinks birth control is a sin.

I didn't know that! How long ago was that?

32 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Have these two gotten a moniker yet? Can I nominate Kelsie?

I’ve been calling them JoLton. Not entirely sure why. I’m good with Kelsie or any other suggestion people have though.

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I didn't know that! How long ago was that?

I don’t know exactly, how old is his youngest sibling? I think if you google him her obituary shows up. It’s too morbid to look up today. 

Jolton! lol. I still think we'll get a Jolton engagement by the end of the year, and possibly a CarVan one, now that we've got Tobby-sprog on the way..... (i clearly get a kick out of couple names lmao)

Josie girl... Please wake up and leave Kelton... Lol

I can't stand him, the whole "stay tuned" screams fame whore to me, his body language is so strange. I smell an asshole and I have a good eye for these things, ugh.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived