IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

As more of a Maxwell dabbler, can anybody explain why they try to hide Nathan's wedding on the blog now? Why was it scrubbed? TIA! :)

I don't know that we will ever understand why Steve, after years of us snarking on them weeping and wailing at Nathan moving across the street, suddenly decided to pull it. He removed it when we started discussing it during John's wedding. The general feeling is that Steve is still bitter and cranky that he didn't get to micro-control all the information about the engagement/wedding. If it had been up to him no one would have known a thing until after the wedding. 

Steven almost certainly keeps an eye on things here and seeing us discuss how ridiculous it was that they went into mourning because Nathan got married must have gotten under his skin. 

And now he is just going to pretend it was never there. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I don't know that we will ever understand why Steve, after years of us snarking on them weeping and wailing at Nathan moving across the street, suddenly decided to pull it. He removed it when we started discussing it during John's wedding. The general feeling is that Steve is still bitter and cranky that he didn't get to micro-control all the information about the engagement/wedding. If it had been up to him no one would have known a thing until after the wedding. 

Steven almost certainly keeps an eye on things here and seeing us discuss how ridiculous it was that they went into mourning because Nathan got married must have gotten under his skin. 

That's Steve's general MO.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Maybe even Steve realizes how silly some of that wedding report sounded?  The convoluted seating arrangement for the rehearsal dinner, and yet blaming serving issues on the Spanish speaking staff?  Every little detail of getting ready at the church?  The long, drawn out description of Steve and Teri's confusion over Christopher forgetting to get the ring out of his man purse?  Melanie eating yogurt in the limo?      The crying over Nathan moving across the street? 

Maybe Steve is really that self-aware?

:pb_lol:  Yeah, o.k., I don't know why the wedding report was moved either.

Hey Steve - lying is a sin. A pretty big one, actually, seeing as how God made it one of the commandments. Lying about Nathan and Melanie marrying before you all had a blog is a bad and unless you own up to it, God, by your own understanding of Him and the Bible, will not allow you into heaven. 

Here it is, by the way: https://web.archive.org/web/20020603150842/http://titus2.com:80/wedding/index.html

For the record, the Titus2 website has been around since 1999. You may not have called it a blog because the word blog had just been invented and wasn't popular yet, but that's what it was. 

Nathan couldn't sleep so he got up, had his quiet time, and then changed his oil while Steve helped him with a tune up

No wonder Stevie deleted it...

Sprite, Sprite, Coke, Coke

Poor Terri

The drama of the Kleenex! 

My mom pulled out her Kleenex, and Christopher, standing right in front of her, asked if she had an extra one that he could take. I am sure he wanted to be prepared in case Melanie needed a Kleenex.

we could see from behind that a Kleenex was being given to her 

Melanie dropped a Kleenex but Pastor reached to retrieve it. 

Ah, memories. The Maxwells were my gateway fundies. I first read this wedding report as a college freshman just discovering my love for fundie snark. My favorite line will forever be:

The Conference Center had a punch fountain that was used but necessitated a punch with no pulp in it.

I want my post count to be "Necessitates a punch with no pulp." :pb_lol:

I'm going to buck the trend: I can actually understand the crying after Nathan's wedding.

I'm a mom of young adult kids, and I've been thrilled and proud to get to witness their transition into their adult lives. But I was also a little sad at first. I loved being their mom and having them at home. When my oldest moved out, I had a hard time. It was the end of an era and a clear sign that we were moving into a new "season" of life. Our regular family life would never be the same again--and it hasn't been. Having a mostly empty nest has been wonderful in ways I didn't expect, but our family feels different now--just as it is supposed to. It was a milestone. I cried, just as I do any time I experience strong emotions.

When I first read the hidden blog post of Maxwell marital mourning, I got it. I thought the level of detail and control (in the wedding and in the blog post) was ludicrous, but I understood the sadness and the crying afterward. It wouldn't matter if Nathan were only moving into the back yard (which he practically did). The point was that it would never again be just them, all living under the same roof.

I had a nightmarish thought... what if Jesse has to stay single and at home to take care of Dad in old age? Can't have "maidens" taking care of a man....... Run, Jesse!

14 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I had a nightmarish thought... what if Jesse has to stay single and at home to take care of Dad in old age? Can't have "maidens" taking care of a man....... Run, Jesse!

He has his own room, let’s hope a box of Kleenex has been provided.

ok off to the prayer closet.

You know, the more I think about this, the more annoyed I get at Steve's outright lying about posting Melanie and Nathan's wedding. 

This is the man that is so holier-than-thou, he constantly asks people if they know where they are going when they die, and thinks he doesn't need to read theology books but is more than happy to write to get others to believe as he does, thinks it's okay to just outright lie like that. 

Steve, you are going to hell. There is no question about it, even within your own belief system. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The drama of the Kleenex! 

I am sure it’s been mentioned before, but it suddenly hit me... the source of Sarah’s writing skills have suddenly become obvious to me.

Oooo I missed the lying about the blog.  That’s especially bad because they JUST deleted it, what, last week? 

Did someone here set up that question? Lol

14 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Oooo I missed the lying about the blog.

I'm sure that he will say he didn't technically lie. He never said there wasn't a blog post, just that they got married before they started the blog. 

Steve deleting it just made us talk about it even more. 

ETA:

Then they found a room in the back of the Chapel to wait in - about forty-five minutes. That meant Nathan was free to come out and mingle with his guests as they arrived. He is a people person and this was the best party of his life! He didn't want to miss a minute of it.

It seems from this that Nathan is very outgoing and social. At that point it doesn't seem like Steve was as much into repressing every ounce of fun. 

Don't forget the cousins coming over to help move Crazy Eyed Nate's fridge, having to shorten the rehearsal early because of another function, Griselda Teri pointing out that all the wedding party were siblings of the bride and groom, Nate forgetting to take leftover cake with him.

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm sure that he will say he didn't technically lie. He never said there wasn't a blog post, just that they got married before they started the blog. 

I suppose knowing about the Streisand Effect would be too worldly for Steve.  :pb_lol:

OK, I'm confused now. Did Steve re-post the N & M wedding and then remove it?

Because there are no posts from before 2006 on the blog anyway, so if they deleted it then they deleted everything.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

OK, I'm confused now. Did Steve re-post the N & M wedding and then remove it?

Because there are no posts from before 2006 on the blog anyway, so if they deleted it then they deleted everything.

From what I understand, they had a website where they sold their products and provided family updates at the time Nathan got married. This is where the original story of Nathan's wedding was written. When they created the blog they turned it into a blog post. Steve has now removed the blog post and is going to pretend it never happened. 

He technically didn't lie since the blog wasn't going at that time, just the family website. And he didn't say there wasn't a blog post about it(because that would have been a lie), just that they got married before the blog started. 

It is still really a lie though because the implication of his response is that there was never a blog post about the wedding, and wording things so you make someone believe something that isn't true is still lying. Hi Steve! We know you lie even if your more recent readers don't. 

Today's post is another festival of awful writing:

"They invited some of us over for when they opened presents."

"This was my favorite one as far as the presentation goes."

Like something dictated by a slow 2nd grader.

19 hours ago, johnhugh said:

He has his own room, let’s hope a box of Kleenex has been provided.

ok off to the prayer closet.

I bet he know has to leave the door WIDE open except for 2 or 3 minutes to don and doff!

I know some will snark on J/C's 80s oak cabinets--if they are "new" I give them a pass. Some folks a) don't care what's trendy or b ) choose to start with what's cheap and upgrade later. Or, they may not have gutted the kitchen yet!

31 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I know some will snark on J/C's 80s oak cabinets--if they are "new" I give them a pass. Some folks a) don't care what's trendy or b ) choose to start with what's cheap and upgrade later. Or, they may not have gutted the kitchen yet!

Actually, I wouldn't mind those oak cabinets over my very light blonde wood cabinets.  They seemed like a good idea in 1995, what can I say?

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

ETA:

It seems from this that Nathan is very outgoing and social. At that point it doesn't seem like Steve was as much into repressing every ounce of fun. 

Wasn't it right after Nathan's wedding that Steve dragged his family even deeper into the rabbit hole?  Decided to home church?  

I’m ok with the oak cabinets; if they’re solid and in a good configuration, there’s no real point in getting rid of them.  

3 minutes ago, catlady said:

I’m ok with the oak cabinets; if they’re solid and in a good configuration, there’s no real point in getting rid of them.  

A few coats of paint and a few dollars of new hardware and it would look HGTV modern.

But that wood color is making a comeback, so maybe they're just design forward. 

PS the major Laura Ashley overstuffed 90's comeback on the horizon makes me want to barf. Y'all ready for some Hunter Green and cabinet ivy?!?!

27 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

PS the major Laura Ashley overstuffed 90's comeback on the horizon makes me want to barf. Y'all ready for some Hunter Green and cabinet ivy?!?!

I actually don't mind overstuffed too much, at least it's comfy, but everything had to be so ruffled and piped for some reason.  And bolster pillows as far as the eye can see. And gold tassels. So.many.tassels.

Oh yeah, and screw gingham and the horse it rode in on. 

17 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Don't forget the cousins coming over to help move Crazy Eyed Nate's fridge, having to shorten the rehearsal early because of another function, Griselda Teri pointing out that all the wedding party were siblings of the bride and groom, Nate forgetting to take leftover cake with him.

I know more details about Nathan & Melanie's wedding than I do about any other wedding I have ever attended (including in all probability my own).

52 minutes ago, catlady said:

Agreed.

I will only add that the sofa in John & Chelsy's house is the most modern piece of Maxwell furniture I have seen to date.  The furniture in everyone else's houses is extremely dated and the recliners (their form, not their function) make me wince.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived