IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

What about Nathan and Melanie driving around while Melanie ate some yogurt (although Sarah expected that there were a few more kisses too)?? That was one of the bigger WTF bits for me. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d like to talk about Maxwell birthdays. According to the post, they were celebrating John’s birthday, and we know that the “extended family” doesn’t get birthday posts (rightly so, I guess. There are so many of them).
But. Let’s suppose for a moment that all the “kids” get married (I know, I know). Will it just be Stevehovah and Terrifying writing “you are such a good provider/helpmeet” posts at each other ad nauseum?
Or, do you think with the last marriage and final empty nest (again, suspend your disbelief with me) that the blog will cease to exist??

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Today's post is another festival of awful writing:

Is it too soon to nominate this for the next thread title?

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I bet he know has to leave the door WIDE open except for 2 or 3 minutes to don and doff!

Hey, that's all some guys need. Just sayin'. [joins johnhugh in the prayer closet and gets very cozy]

“This photo with Drew is pretty epic. If you look closely, he and Tina are playing tug.”

..............  if this doesn’t sum up how exciting the Maxwell life is, I don’t know what does.  

On 29/1/2018 at 10:21 PM, Odd1Out said:

For the Ft Smith conference:

Why are they not having the ‘running your own business’ talk given by Steve aimed at young people and dads only at the same time as Terie’s Scheduling talk for the ladies? 

Isnt it like-minded, not ‘like minded’?

why are they using photos of single John? He’s now extended family. Either take a new family photo or use one with Chelsy included too Steve!!

did you just question the Schedule?

off to the prayer closet!

4 hours ago, Rosie said:

I will only add that the sofa in John & Chelsy's house is the most modern piece of Maxwell furniture I have seen to date.  The furniture in everyone else's houses is extremely dated and the recliners (their form, not their function) make me wince.

That doesn’t surprise me. I assume the Buy Your House Debt-Free mantra also extends to buying furniture debt free rather than on credit or with a payment plan. So in the past,  they probably would have been limited to what they could buy cheaply.

I’d say J & C got lucky with the sofa, or it’s their splurge and they saved money elsewhere - like on the kitchen cabinets. 

Maybe Steve knows where he's going when he dies, but does he know the difference between Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus?

I don't mind buying outdated furniture when starting living on your own.

But I do wonder how much money Chelsy was able to save in her single years. Did she work at the motel like her sister does? Allison is all about budgeting and saving money and since they probably didn't pay any rent to their parents, Chelsy might have some savings to buy stuff for the house.

15 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Or, they may not have gutted the kitchen yet!

The kitchen has been completely gutted. The original had yellow walls, a white tile backsplash and dark wood cabinets.

I’m not feeling the kitchen-cabinet hate. They look like decent mid grade and complement the greys of the countertop.  Frankly, in some neighborhoods it makes economic sense to install top of the line cabinetry and stone (marble, quartz, granite) countertops and in others, mid grade and good Formica are investments on which the homeowner will get a decent return when they sell, and years of wear until they do.  I’d bet confidently that Chez John is in a latter type of ‘hood.

I will however happily snark on the milk glass tulip shaded light fixture over the foyer stairs. EeYUCK!

I wwonder if all Maxwell men automatically place two overstuffed recliners* side by side in their living room.  It's like they're placing the thrones in The Royal Court.  Perhaps they are hand me downs.  If they are, I'm glad someone gave them some nice furniture to fill the living room. If they are new, I can totally see John thinking that is just a standard need for a new home - like cabinets and flooring. 

I gotta say it irks me to see Chesly on the floor at John's feet.  I know they probably wanted to be side by side/on top of each other while opening gifts; but John could sit on the floor and let his new wife have the chair.  Maybe Chelsy likes sitting on the floor?? Just a pet peeve of mine - seeing a woman on the floor while the man gets the comfy chair.  It kind of sums up Patriarchy in one simple picture.  

*We had two La-Z-Boy recliners for twenty years and they were THE BEST napping chairs!  We gave them to our daughter and son-in-law when they got married and they just got rid of them a few weeks ago. Every time we'd go to their home for a visit, USMCDAD and I would say "We just want time to nap in the recliners.":pb_biggrin::pb_biggrin::pb_biggrin: We're gonna miss those chairs. *sigh*

We have has 3 La-Z-Boy chairs in the our house. 1 in my parents bedroom and 2 in the basement. It my parents favorite places to take naps. 

44 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I gotta say it irks me to see Chesly on the floor at John's feet.  I know they probably wanted to be side by side/on top of each other while opening gifts; but John could sit on the floor and let his new wife have the chair.  Maybe Chelsy likes sitting on the floor?? Just a pet peeve of mine - seeing a woman on the floor while the man gets the comfy chair.  It kind of sums up Patriarchy in one simple picture.  

I was thinking the same thing.  And in at least one picture it looks as though Nathan is in one of the comfy chairs and Melanie is next to him in one of those hard plastic white chairs they put around the living room.

Not at Nathan's feet, granted, but not comfy and spread out like her headship.

This is going to sound weird, but I was just on the Tits2 page checking out the photos and noticed only one picture with Elissa in it. She had Calia on her lap. The conspiracy theory side of me kicked in, and I started wondering if maybe she had her baby already and the Maxwells are keeping it a secret. Not sure why they would do that, but in Maxhell "logic" is probably a banned word. Plus, they've been so secretive already about her pregnancy (only announcing it when readers spotted a photo of Elissa, being very vague about her due date, etc.), it wouldn't surprise me that they pull something like this. 

I realize I am reaching Steve levels of paranoia here. 

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

But I do wonder how much money Chelsy was able to save in her single years. Did she work at the motel like her sister does? Allison is all about budgeting and saving money and since they probably didn't pay any rent to their parents, Chelsy might have some savings to buy stuff for the house.

On saving money--probably not much. She probably did the work as a member of the family. Real salaries are not necessarily part of the deal. Many hands make light work--remember?

1 minute ago, LimeKitty said:

This is going to sound weird, but I was just on the Tits2 page checking out the photos and noticed only one picture with Elissa in it. She had Calia on her lap. The conspiracy theory side of me kicked in, and I started wondering if maybe she had her baby already and the Maxwells are keeping it a secret. Not sure why they would do that, but in Maxhell "logic" is probably a banned word. Plus, they've been so secretive already about her pregnancy (only announcing it when readers spotted a photo of Elissa, being very vague about her due date, etc.), it wouldn't surprise me that they pull something like this. 

I realize I am reaching Steve levels of paranoia here. 

Or, sadly, perhaps she lost it? Or she could just not show that much?

The conspiracy theory side of me kicked in, and I started wondering if maybe she had her baby already and the Maxwells are keeping it a secret.

I had a dream once that she did exactly that! I fully support this theory.

13 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I will however happily snark on the milk glass tulip shaded light fixture over the foyer stairs. EeYUCK!

That light fixture came with the house, so it may yet be replaced.

16 hours ago, ophelia said:

I don't, either.  Steve and Teri's furniture is horrific, though, and they are not just starting out.

Then again, pretty much everything about them is stuck in an 80s time warp.

I like CND J's kitchen.  Looks fresh and clean.  Also, I like that Chelsy is wearing costume jewelry.  Even though she is very conservative, she never looks frumpy. She has some style which I hope she is "allowed" to keep.

The blog post was supposedly about C nd J but as I have noticed in recent blogs,  it really is  a montage of all the grandchildren (who are all beautiful children) but still.  I wonder if this is intentional--look at the number of blessings we have or coincidental--as in we got nothing else.  I would like to have seen more pics of j and chelsy's house.

On 1/29/2018 at 3:40 AM, Captain Obvious said:

There are more recent photos of Tami (2014) here, at Grandpa Rex's funeral. She looks more like Teri here, but also nothing like her. Almost like a hippie, even.

20140530_KMC_0122_copy.thumb.jpg.4a0e6e1aa698b5b064fa967fe4a6d498.jpg

http://memorycatcherbykmc.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/promoted-to-glory-rex-frazer-1931-2-14.html

It's also noticeable a. how much younger Teri looks even 3 years ago (is she wearing makeup?) and b. Gigi seems like an awesome lady. Probably because she is an actual Christian, instead of what passes for it in Maxwelland.

FYI the photographer is Kristina Cowan, whose sisters and parents helped set up the rehearsal dinner with the Maxwell girls. The Maxwell friend circle really is that small. 

Who the hell has a professional photographer at a funeral? I'm flabbergasted.

We took snapshots of family groups at the dinner after Dad's service but there is no way I would want a photo to help me remember how I felt when he was buried.

I really don't care what color someone's cabinets are. I'll snark on things that are more easily replaceable, but redoing cabinets is a huge project and it seems kind of silly to worry about what's "in" from one year to the next.

Right now that house is looking pretty bleak, but I assume they just need some time to hang pictures and curtains.

17 minutes ago, VVV said:

Who the hell has a professional photographer at a funeral? I'm flabbergasted.

We took snapshots of family groups at the dinner after Dad's service but there is no way I would want a photo to help me remember how I felt when he was buried.

She's not a professional though, and since she's a long-term family friend/neighbour I doubt they paid for the photos.

Ever since fundies figured out how to put watermarks over their photos, anyone can pretend their SOTDRT education is as good as actual photography training.

That said, the other photos on her blog show she has a decent level of skill, though she's not at Arndt levels. She's definitely 1000% times better than some other fundie photographers though *cough* Christopher Maxwell *coughs*.

There is a picture of Sarah holding one of Nathan's girls & it looks like she is wearing pants. Now I know that isn't about to happen, so has she relented and is wearing leggings under her skirt or are her socks and skirt the same colour?

16 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That looked super dusty to me. Like it was there when they moved in and got dust on it from renovations. I'm guessing they will be changing it out when they finish out the Reno. I think they registered for some lighting. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if Chelsy decided to paint the cabinets  in a year or two. They are fine right now but I can see Chelsy updating her home pretty regularly unlike Steve and Teri. 

25 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Right now that house is looking pretty bleak, but I assume they just need some time to hang pictures and curtains.

They haven't finished the trim yet so I'm sure that's why there are no pictures on the wall. Why bother putting any up when you just have to take them back down in order to hang the trim? It also looks bleak because they have those temporary paper shades on the windows. Chelsy can sew so I bet she will make a few curtains when she gets the time. 

I'm not expecting some gorgeously decorated home from Chelsy but I think it will be cute once they are finished.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived