IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, theologygeek said:

It's a shame that she said the boy who helped her when she got locked out of her truck looked like a teenage bum.  I would have really liked her otherwise.  I HATE when people do that.  I don't even like to see those pictures on facebook where Walmart customers are made fun.  And it's always from the Christians who voted for Trump too.  Figures. 

And that's exactly why I call her Judgy.  The kid might have come from another job that was a lot messier than unlocking a car door.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the People of Walmart have given permission for their photos to be published on the blog. (I checked because I wondered why someone hadn't sued the blog owner yet.)

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

At least the People of Walmart have given permission for their photos to be published on the blog. (I checked because I wondered why someone hadn't sued the blog owner yet.)

wait....what?  People give permission for those awful photos of themselves? 

36 minutes ago, Curious said:

wait....what?  People give permission for those awful photos of themselves? 

What can I say? Some folks have an extremely high threshold of embarrassment. Otherwise, how would they leave the house dressed (or not) as they are? Some of them are even happy to pose for a photo. Their 15 seconds of fame, as it were.

2 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

What can I say? Some folks have an extremely high threshold of embarrassment. Otherwise, how would they leave the house dressed (or not) as they are? Some of them are even happy to pose for a photo. Their 15 seconds of fame, as it were.

So how does this work exactly?  They stop and ask these people if they would mind having their photo taken and being put up on a website to be mocked?    I mean I get they are out in public in various states of dress/undress/inappropriate dress so they probably don't find it all that embarrassing, but that is like Yoda level embarrassment threshold.

On the other hand, I guess I can stop my paranoid thinking that I will end up on the page someday with my pajama pants (that I wear everywhere because wheelchair, yo.  I wear what I want).  I won't be giving any permission for any publication.  I don't care if it's Vogue!

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

So how does this work exactly?  They stop and ask these people if they would mind having their photo taken and being put up on a website to be mocked?    I mean I get they are out in public in various states of dress/undress/inappropriate dress so they probably don't find it all that embarrassing, but that is like Yoda level embarrassment threshold.

On the other hand, I guess I can stop my paranoid thinking that I will end up on the page someday with my pajama pants (that I wear everywhere because wheelchair, yo.  I wear what I want).  I won't be giving any permission for any publication.  I don't care if it's Vogue!

The site owner will not accept any photo (submissions come from all over the country) unless it is accompanied by a signed, legit, release for their photo to be published.

I'm imagining people saying, "Hey, I represent People of Walmart, and I'd like to feature you on our website as one of our shoppers. Would you mind signing this release so we can make you famous on the internet?"

However! I just discovered a case where a woman in Michigan did discover her mom's photo on PoW and they were very upset, said she had not given permission to be photographed, and wanted the picture removed from the website. So, maybe that "signed release" isn't always legit.

1 minute ago, Black Aliss said:

The site owner will not accept any photo (submissions come from all over the country) unless it is accompanied by a signed, legit, release for their photo to be published.

I'm imagining people saying, "Hey, I represent People of Walmart, and I'd like to feature you on our website as one of our shoppers. Would you mind signing this release so we can make you famous on the internet?"

Interesting.  Well good for him.  I shall stop silently wishing a flea infestation on his genital area every time I go to walmart then.  Seriously, good info to know :) 

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

Interesting.  Well good for him.  I shall stop silently wishing a flea infestation on his genital area every time I go to walmart then.  Seriously, good info to know :) 

Maybe keep on wishing for those "fleas of a thousand camels". See my earlier edit.

6 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

The USA has very loose requirements for suing people, at least compared to some other places. I'm shocked that he requires a release form, since the people are being photographed in a public place. If someone did sue him, I don't think it would get far. If it did, it would only be because he makes money from ad revenue on the site from visitors.

2 hours ago, nomoxian said:

The USA has very loose requirements for suing people, at least compared to some other places. I'm shocked that he requires a release form, since the people are being photographed in a public place. If someone did sue him, I don't think it would get far. If it did, it would only be because he makes money from ad revenue on the site from visitors.

Just because you are in a public space when taking a picture doesn't always mean you have full use of that picture for certain things.  You notice that on tv a lot of times faces are blurred out or logos are.  That is because they don't have permission to use them. 

Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised Walmart hasn't tried to force them to take down the site for using the world Walmart in the URL.   Places much smaller than Walmart have gone after people (and won) when they use a URL with a trademarked name in it.

11 minutes ago, Curious said:

Just because you are in a public space when taking a picture doesn't always mean you have full use of that picture for certain things.  You notice that on tv a lot of times faces are blurred out or logos are.  That is because they don't have permission to use them. 

Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised Walmart hasn't tried to force them to take down the site for using the world Walmart in the URL.   Places much smaller than Walmart have gone after people (and won) when they use a URL with a trademarked name in it.

I think it’s because by the time they noticed it, it had gone viral. Getting it taken down would have been bad publicity, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually BROUGHT people to the stores to see what they could see. And not just any people, everyone’s favorite shopper: middle to upper middle class person with too much free time.

I know people who went to WalMart because of that site (not that they’d ever admit it). 

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

I think it’s because by the time they noticed it, it had gone viral. Getting it taken down would have been bad publicity, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually BROUGHT people to the stores to see what they could see. And not just any people, everyone’s favorite shopper: middle to upper middle class person with too much free time.

I know people who went to WalMart because of that site (not that they’d ever admit it). 

Ah that makes sense.  I'm not sure how I even found out about it.  It was years ago.  I went there once, was disgusted (for a plethora of reasons) and never looked at it again.

8 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I will fully admit that I've gone to Wally World to "people watch".

My husband had heard of Walmart , but coming from Germany, he had never been there. We never got around to going there when we vacationed to North America, but I think I'm going to put it closer to the top of my To Do list next time we go. He isn't really interested in going out of his way to see the sorts of stuff you can see on that website though, lol.

I wondered how some  of those "People of Walmart" photos got taken "secretly".. it would seem that the people would know someone was snapping their photo. But it's amazing how low some people will go to have a featured photo.. cover the child in the cart with boxes and plastic bags, drag them behind your electric cart on the floor, etc...

On 2/28/2018 at 6:52 AM, nomoxian said:

I will fully admit that I've gone to Wally World to "people watch".

My husband had heard of Walmart , but coming from Germany, he had never been there. We never got around to going there when we vacationed to North America, but I think I'm going to put it closer to the top of my To Do list next time we go. He isn't really interested in going out of his way to see the sorts of stuff you can see on that website though, lol.

The idea of Walmart as a tourist destination makes me throw up a little bit. 

(No offense intended. I can see why one might be curious or people watch. It's just, there's so much wrong with our society right now. Walmart feels symbolic of everything wrong with the US. People going out out of their way to visit one vs. doing literally anything else is a bit odd.)

Just saw this on her blogs comment section. Is this one of us or for real, it’s a classic anyway, especially the last line lol!

MegJanuary 25, 2018 at 8:41 PM

Go Chelsy!!!!!!!!! 

There they are 
In the snow
In love and barefoot
Is how she rolls

When they see her 
walk on by
They all just wonder
How she can fly!

But it is because
She has his heart
That boy named John
They'll never part

John and Chelsy 
In the snow
Together forever
Wherever they go

John and Chelsy!
Every day his hand in hers. . . 
and what happens then?
They wake up and do
It all over again

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Huh? I don't see Sarah mentioned? I also don't think Sarah will ever a graphic tee. Steve won't allow it. 

She took the photo.

I also noted that the clothing company seems to be run by Mormons who, according to their blog, celebrate Halloween. Steve would never be down with that!

On 3/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, Captain Obvious said:

She took the photo.

I also noted that the clothing company seems to be run by Mormons who, according to their blog, celebrate Halloween. Steve would never be down with that!

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but it's been bugging me for a while and I've been without power for 28+ hours so I'm a little crazy atm and just going to ask.

Is that the PM of Australia eating a raw onion in your avatar?

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/03/reunion-concert-tomorrow-night.html

In her latest blog post Chelsy writes that Mitchell&Bryn and Carson&Lina are going to visit them. Next day they'll join the rest of the B family in Texas for a concert and a four day family holiday. Interesting how much John and Chelsy seem to travel around. I would be exhausted to travel that much, but it's probably better to be on the run than to spend time in Steve's vicinity... It looks like John loves to spend time with the Bontragers, too, and who could blame him! Plenty of good food and fun games compared with two animal crackers and dusting the cabinets is not a difficult choice to make.

4 hours ago, Curious said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but it's been bugging me for a while and I've been without power for 28+ hours so I'm a little crazy atm and just going to ask.

Former PM. Now that weird kid no one wants to sit next to on the backbench!

6 hours ago, Curious said:

Former PM, I'll have you!

ETA: And here's a story containing a link where you can watch a video of it. Because of course you want to.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/03/12/folks-its-been-two-years-since-tony-abbott-ate-the-onion_a_21880538/

ETA #2: And we were at the standup show where John Oliver found out about Abbott eating the onion. It was a thing of beauty.

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/03/reunion-concert-tomorrow-night.html

In her latest blog post Chelsy writes that Mitchell&Bryn and Carson&Lina are going to visit them. Next day they'll join the rest of the B family in Texas for a concert and a four day family holiday. Interesting how much John and Chelsy seem to travel around. I would be exhausted to travel that much, but it's probably better to be on the run than to spend time in Steve's vicinity... It looks like John loves to spend time with the Bontragers, too, and who could blame him! Plenty of good food and fun games compared with two animal crackers and dusting the cabinets is not a difficult choice to make.

Agreed--it will get more interesting when the babies start to come how that will impact John's job and Chelsy's role as his assistant.  Will she be willing to stay on the compound while he travels for work, especially if all she has for company are the maiden aunties and Terified?  Will Elissa make life more bearable if Chelsy is home alone?  I don't see John changing professions if his irrigation business is solid. He's already established his separation from the family businesses.  John in his own way has already left the borg and will continue to do so thanks to the Bontragers.

I think Chelsy and John will still travel to see the Bontragers after they have a baby. The family will want to see the baby and Chelsy will want to see her family. It's only a five hour drive and hopefully a baby could nap part of the way. 

I also think some of the Bontragers will travel to see them. Like Allison and Liz once the baby is born. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived