IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

Oh man, loving these mistaken texting stories! - @front hugs > duggs, you totally win!! That is the best.

As for Chelsy's mistake, that is also kind of awesome... I hope the BIL didn't shame her and they all had a good chuckle. (I bet John did.)

My husband has hugged my sister from behind, thinking it was me...but then, we are identical twins. :my_biggrin: :my_biggrin: And he was actually more freaked out about it than either of us were.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Oh man, loving these mistaken texting stories! - @front hugs > duggs, you totally win!! That is the best.

As for Chelsy's mistake, that is also kind of awesome... I hope the BIL didn't shame her and they all had a good chuckle. (I bet John did.)

My husband has hugged my sister from behind, thinking it was me...but then, we are identical twins. :my_biggrin: :my_biggrin: And he was actually more freaked out about it than either of us were.

Someone I know went into the kitchen where her boyfriend was bending down and checking something in the oven, and she grabbed him, um, intimately. It was his identical twin brother.

My mum once texted my dad saying that she was in a queue and the guy in front of her did a long fart... she THOUGHT she was texting Dad. Turned out she’d accidentally texted my old Guides leader (whose number she had from me going on residential trips/camps etc). Nothing ever happened since I didn’t have that leader anymore (I may even have left Guides at that point). I’ve not made any major messaging fuck ups, thankfully.

once well away at college my dad texted me something he meant for his GF. lets just say it was very intimate and I was very grossed out. 

I texted my husband a selfie with “like my makeup?” Except I accidentally sent it to a group text with him and a male friend of ours. Thankfully, it wasn’t worse! We do a lot of sexting, so I’m more careful now. 

My husband is very big on physical touch. Our friend was bending down getting things out of a cabinet in our church kitchen and as my husband walked past her, he sort of cupped her chin/caressed her cheek (it’s hard to explain, but easy to picture). He thought she was our daughter and was absolutely mortified, though our friend wasn’t bothered. We still tease him about it.  And to be fair, they are of a similar build with similar hair and were both wearing similar skirts that day.

On 3/14/2018 at 1:51 PM, theologygeek said:

Last summer my friend and I went to the beach which is about a mile from my house.  The corner store by the beach gets very busy in the summer.  So she was dropping me off at home and I told her to stop at the corner store because I needed milk.  She was waiting in her car for me.  I come out of the store with a gallon of milk, open the car door, plop myself in the seat, and...well...  The driver screamed.  I screamed.  She had all her money sprawled out in her lap for whatever reason.  She probably thought I was going to rob her.  My friend was falling over laughing in the next car over.  In hysterics.

I don't have a texting story but I have one similar to this - my great-uncle was waiting for a friend with a silver car to pick him up, and when a car like that pulled up in front of his house, his wife said "Oh your friend is here!" So he went down and didn't look into the car because the windows were tinted. He rapidly entered and started yelling in our native language, telling the "friend" where to go. He also used a cane at that time and was waving it around - it was not his friend, instead it was a random poor guy who started screaming "Don't shoot, don't shoot!" because he thought the cane was a gun. My great-uncle jumped out of the car and the man drove off. My whole family still laughs over that story!

My dad had an identical twin. When my mom arrived at their wedding venue, the twin - who’d been drinking - greeted her loudly and slurrily and she panicked and was ready to leave!  One of her SILs-to-be said the 1940s equivalent of “Not-the-groom, you are such a prick!” and my dad appeared and the rest is Junebug Family History.

BigMamaJB laughed about it when she told me.  In this case, however, it confirmed my opinion of my uncle (ie, I definitely got the BETTER twin for a dad)!

first of all I love how she talks about his grandma. secondly man those parties sounded boring except maybe the last one. but I did have a bit of a shock when they mentioned Jane Austin quotes. I love Jane Austen  but considering some of those storylines I was a bit surprised. 

also she' s now got me really curious about the courtship story

Man she uses the word special a lot. Like Sarah and sweet.

Oh, and how sad is it that Chelsy refers to John's family as her new family - they are her new sisters, her new mom, her new grandmother. Yet, she and John are now relegated to extended family by the Maxwells themselves. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Man she uses the word special a lot. Like Sarah and sweet.

Oh, and how sad is it that Chelsy refers to John's family as her new family - they are her new sisters, her new mom, her new grandmother. Yet, she and John are now relegated to extended family by the Maxwells themselves. 

It is sad, except I don’t think Gigi fits in that category and I was happy to read that he and Gigi are close. I bet she showed John more of the outside world because he’s always been the rebel and she didn’t raise Teri this way, but knew not to overstep or Steve would cut her out too. I looked it up and you have to have a GED in Kansas to be a real estate agent so I bet she was the one who helped John with that. Just my theory. 

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I find it disgusting.  Its like the Bontragers as repulsive as they are don't exist anymore.

Ha! I love that Gigi is her kindred spirit! I bet they just adore one another and it probably bugs Steve. If I was in the same position I would choose to be BFFs with Gigi over any of the other Maxwells! 

I was just sitting here thinking. Maybe if they didn't have so many damn parties celebrating the upcoming wedding, Chelsy and her crew would have had more time to plan the actual wedding. It all seemed kind of thrown together to me.

A fun chocolate tasting game? I got one of those once. It came with a mini paint brush and your partner was supposed to provide the canvas ;-)

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I find it disgusting.  Its like the Bontragers as repulsive as they are don't exist anymore.

I think Chelsey is still very close to her own sisters and mother but she is just someone who takes her new family in as her own also.  

I've noticed this in fundie land. Often the showers, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners have better food and decor than the actual wedding. It's so odd to me. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've noticed this in fundie land. Often the showers, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners have better food and decor than the actual wedding. It's so odd to me. 

I think it's because of scale. in all those situations they have a small amount of people to feed in a wedding they have sometimes up to a 1000 or more people to feed.  

8 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it's because of scale. in all those situations they have a small amount of people to feed in a wedding they have sometimes up to a 1000 or more people to feed.  

I think that's probably it. However I would say that these fundies didn't have to invite everyone they've ever met (Example: Duggars). Chelsy and John actually didn't have a huge wedding. That's why I was so perplexed as to why there were few decorations and such a light meal. But now I think Chelsy was way too busy and didn't have enough time to get it all done.

Allison asked all of the bridesmaids to bring a special snack or fun item for John's and my honeymoon trip. 

a snark or fun item? mmm i wonder what the spinster sister brought

8 minutes ago, freejugar said:

a snark or fun item? mmm i wonder what the spinster sister brought

okay I know this was a typo but oh man how I really wish they had written down something Snarky for John and Chelsey to read on their honeymoon. like oh dear sister good luck in Maxhell. wouldn't want to be you. :laughing-rofl:

I like how Gigi and Chelsy shared the Fiddler on the Roof reference... But John did not. He has certainly never been allowed to watch it in the Maxwell home. F*n! Songs! Children choosing spouses for themselves!

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

first of all I love how she talks about his grandma. secondly man those parties sounded boring except maybe the last one. but I did have a bit of a shock when they mentioned Jane Austin quotes. I love Jane Austen  but considering some of those storylines I was a bit surprised. 

also she' s now got me really curious about the courtship story

There are some fundies that allow Jane Austen. I think Chelsy or Allison once wrote about how they went through a Jane Austen phase in their teen years and watched Jame Austen movies too much. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There are some fundies that allow Jane Austen. I think Chelsy or Allison once wrote about how they went through a Jane Austen phase in their teen years and watched Jame Austen movies too much. 

I'm guessing they never read the books, or absorbed the underlying social commentary...

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm guessing they never read the books, or absorbed the underlying social commentary...

I just thinking in terms of fundy  life and the whole Lydia Bennet situation.  did they use it as a scare tactic.  you act like her and you'll be regulated to far flung places far from family. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived