IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Chelsy and John will still travel to see the Bontragers after they have a baby. The family will want to see the baby and Chelsy will want to see her family. It's only a five hour drive and hopefully a baby could nap part of the way. 

I also think some of the Bontragers will travel to see them. Like Allison and Liz once the baby is born. 

With a baby it might be a 5 hour drive,  but not with a toddler! And once there are more children it becomes trickier to manage (well, for me at least). 

Agree that her family will visit, but it's not like having them close by.

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

With a baby it might be a 5 hour drive,  but not with a toddler! And once there are more children it becomes trickier to manage (well, for me at least). 

Agree that her family will visit, but it's not like having them close by.

I agree, I hate traveling with a toddler. But she may be forced to travel there more because the rest of the Bons are all in one area. So it's easier for a family of 3 to travel the five hours than for all the Bons to travel to her.

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Former PM, I'll have you!

ETA: And here's a story containing a link where you can watch a video of it. Because of course you want to.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/03/12/folks-its-been-two-years-since-tony-abbott-ate-the-onion_a_21880538/

ETA #2: And we were at the standup show where John Oliver found out about Abbott eating the onion. It was a thing of beauty.

Thank you for this. Thank you so so much for this. 

Perhaps John's constant traveling is the root of the schedule woes in Maxwell land--he's always traveling and maybe is pretty spontaneous about it. How can they schedule allfamily yardwork/zoo visits/pestering the neighbors with tracts/refrigerator polishing if rebel John just comes and goes as he pleases???

And I think it is funny that Chels and John are going to be in a Bontrager concert this weekend--yet the Maxwells are giving away mike stands that they don't need any more. I guess Chels and John have no plans to join the Maxwell Dirge Ensemble.

OT, coming out of lurk mode to leave this here. A comment from Chelsy's Update blog referring to the Maxwells...bacfdf15287fb1660120619ff8eb1e27.jpg

1 hour ago, sleepy_doggos said:

OT, coming out of lurk mode to leave this here. A comment from Chelsy's Update blog referring to the Maxwells...bacfdf15287fb1660120619ff8eb1e27.jpg

Shhhh!! No one tell Steve she used the f*n word!

I wonder what Steve thinks of her calling the Maxwells fun? I bet we'll see some new dad's corners about making your in-laws an idol.

21 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Wow; she had fun with "the whole Maxwell family" which includes Steve. Even if he was just sitting on the couch smiling and nodding. But who knows; maybe Steve DOES have the occasional "blast".

5 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Wow; she had fun with "the whole Maxwell family" which includes Steve. Even if he was just sitting on the couch smiling and nodding. But who knows; maybe Steve DOES have the occasional "blast".

Well, maybe Steve does occasionally break wind, but he calls it "preaching."

I think they will be fine to travel with one child, it will be harder when they have several. 5 hours is not necessarily fun with a young child but not completely out of the picture with some planning. To visit my relatives it takes about 5 hours and that is pretty manageable. Visiting MIL is a 8+ hour drive even when there are only adults in the car, adding a 5 year old's bladder and attention span and a toddler it pure torture. However, if they are motivated to go and visit they will manage it. I would not be surprised if Chelsy will go and visit her family on her own too from time to time and John goes on a business trip in the meanwhile.

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Steve speaks about f*n in his latest article!

I think it was directed at Stud John.

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I think it was directed at Stud John.

But I seriously doubt that John boy paid it any attention.

But I seriously doubt that John boy paid it any attention.

Thankfully. The seriously before that was about following your father's leadership your whole life.

What a drag. Steve out passive aggressives passive aggression.

17 hours ago, Granwych said:

Well, maybe Steve does occasionally break wind, but he calls it "preaching."

I'll sweep out the prayer closet for you and put a nice rug in there.

19 hours ago, Howl said:

I'll sweep out the prayer closet for you and put a nice rug in there.

Bring some wine, come in and set a spell---

On 3/7/2018 at 10:24 AM, albanuadh_1 said:

Steve speaks about f*n in his latest article!

Quick, somebody tell the nieces and nephews to quit enjoying those toys Sarah just blogged about.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, sleepy_doggos said:

Thankfully. The seriously before that was about following your father's leadership your whole life.

What a drag. Steve out passive aggressives passive aggression.

The Maxbelles have a lousy life now and to come so long as that dour excuse for a dad reigns supreme. 

It does make me count my blessings for all the ways Big Daddy and BMJB were the exact opposite of Steve-augh.

I am loving the passive aggressive "corners" from Steve! "If you want to be in debt, then do fun activities. {insert Bible verse} Just kidding, be a Christian instead. {insert Bible verse}." I have fun and I'm not in debt! And being a Christian shouldn't mean that you never have fun or enjoy yourself. What a miserable pathetic man Steve is.

On 2/22/2018 at 8:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I was a teen, my boss always said, "if you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean." 

So we never let him catch us leaning. 

I heard that at my first job too, at McDonald's. "If there's time to lean, there's time to clean." 40 years later it is still stuck in my head...not that I live by it though.

9 hours ago, bertnee said:

I am loving the passive aggressive "corners" from Steve! "If you want to be in debt, then do fun activities. {insert Bible verse} Just kidding, be a Christian instead. {insert Bible verse}." I have fun and I'm not in debt! And being a Christian shouldn't mean that you never have fun or enjoy yourself. What a miserable pathetic man Steve is.

I wonder if it bugs him that John bought a house debt free and seems to have lots of f*n with Chelsy. His own son proves you can do both.

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if it bugs him that John bought a house debt free and seems to have lots of f*n with Chelsy. His own son proves you can do both.

Is John's house in the accepted 1.5 mile radius or whatever it is that Steve seems to expect his children to live in?

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

Is John's house in the accepted 1.5 mile radius or whatever it is that Steve seems to expect his children to live in?

Yes. His is further away than Nathan's. I think his is fairly close to Joe's house. Although it seems they haven't been home much at all.

If John ends up moving closer to Chelsy's family, I doubt much will change since they aren't home much. John will be the first to move away from Maxhell.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived