IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

I once tried to text a boyfriend the following article about a vaginal cleanse involving cucumbers with the word "FACTS!" Instead, just as I was sending it, my boss texted me and I ended up sending it to her. Luckily she thought it was HILARIOUS, but I don't think I've ever blushed so much.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4973788/Bizarre-vagina-facial-trend-using-CUCUMBER-ups-HIV-risk.html

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sleepy_doggos, not only do Teyve's daughters choose their own husbands,  Tevye also goes to the local tavern after he and Lazar Wolf agree that Tzeitel will marry Lazar.  (She doesn't, of course.) Tevye gets pretty drunk and dances with the other men in the bar.  There is also dancing at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding.

[mention=25389]sleepy_doggos[/mention], not only do Teyve's daughters choose their own husbands,  Tevye also goes to the local tavern after he and Lazar Wolf agree that Tzeitel will marry Lazar.  (She doesn't, of course.) Tevye gets pretty drunk and dances with the other men in the bar.  There is also dancing at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding.
Shocking! Totally anti-maxwellian. How does any watcher hold on to their salvation?!

I loved seeing her aunts - short hair, pants wearing ladies. They are probably fundie-lite or conservative Christians, but still they are normally WAY too worldly for Stevehovah. The Bontrager clan really is fascinating. They seem to be very close and yet there are old fashioned Mennonites and totally worldly looking people at the same time. 

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I loved seeing her aunts - short hair, pants wearing ladies. They are probably fundie-lite or conservative Christians, but still they are normally WAY too worldly for Stevehovah. The Bontrager clan really is fascinating. They seem to be very close and yet there are old fashioned Mennonites and totally worldly looking people at the same time. 

I'm guessing the mennonites in general are having to deal with family members going their own ways and being accepting of it. I imagine with the internet and mass communication, it's hard to keep any young person cloistered enough to stick with their religion. Even the Amish have smart phones and computers for work a lot of the time (I believe they don't use them in their homes still). They have to if they want to stay competitive with other companies. 

As I’ve said, I know some of Chelsy’s aunts, uncles and cousins.  One cousin just wed a girl who had a baby out of wedlock several years ago with someone else—and they wed at a winery.  The whole family showed up to love and celebrate them, because that’s just what they do. That particular cousin grew up mennonite but has since left the church, professes no religion currently, but he is still loved and welcomed.  

The extended family, at least, is about as un-Maxwell as you can get and still be religious.

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm guessing they never read the books, or absorbed the underlying social commentary...

I always find it interesting when fundies allow certain old books for their children to read because of the underlying social commentary. But I honestly don't think many fundie parents actually think that deeply about it and it probably flies right over their heads.

15 hours ago, bluelady said:

A fun chocolate tasting game? I got one of those once. It came with a mini paint brush and your partner was supposed to provide the canvas ;-)

I hate you and where you have taken my mind now.

15 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

I like how Gigi and Chelsy shared the Fiddler on the Roof reference... But John did not. He has certainly never been allowed to watch it in the Maxwell home. F*n! Songs! Children choosing spouses for themselves!

Plus we can assume that Teri is familiar with FotR. But she never so much as let on that she did, whenever her mother made that reference. Just let the kids think it was a little quirk of Gigi's.

Seriously, though, how does Steve think Fiddler on the Roof is a bad influence? Oh, right. His older daughters expect to marry for love and they don't necessarily choose partners whose theological leanings match his exactly. Tevye wonders if his wife loves him.  A toast is drunk at the wedding. Nevermind.

So many things to destroy a person's faith!

On 3/21/2018 at 6:31 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always find it interesting when fundies allow certain old books for their children to read because of the underlying social commentary. But I honestly don't think many fundie parents actually think that deeply about it and it probably flies right over their heads.

Yeah, the fundies in my family are allowed to read Jane Austen, but not the Babysitter's Club, or pretty much anything else that isn't biblical. 

On 3/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, iweartanktops said:

Yeah, the fundies in my family are allowed to read Jane Austen, but not the Babysitter's Club, or pretty much anything else that isn't biblical. 

Never read Babysitters Club but I was a huge fan of the Sweet Valley series.

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Chelsey has a new post up her last week before the wedding. 

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/03/my-last-week-as-bontrager.html

man she is super tan in that pizza making picture. 

She and the kitchen cabinets behind her have about the same color.

Snark aside, this was a sweet post and you can really see how close she and her family are.

Especially the last paragraph when she and John are sitting at the end of her parent's bed in this really close and intimate conversation really touched me. And I think this phrase was definitely a passive-agressive note for the Maxwell's:

I have spent so many formative moments in my life at the foot of that bed, talking + sharing with my parents, and to have my "last" late night talk in their home as their single daughter, be with my fiancé and my parents, was one of the sweetest things ever. It was one of the greatest joys of my life to know that they were so proud of me and John, to know that they loved him just as one of their own children, and to know that they were 100% supportive and thrilled for us.

Chelsy must've gotten a spray tan before the wedding. A winter wedding with a foot of snow and single digit temps is not the time for spray tanning and bare feet. It's so obvious she has always wanted a summer wedding but she had to make due with a winter wedding. And she even admitted she waited until the last minute on a lot of wedding preparations. It seems clear that she did not have the wedding she always wanted but she would never come out and say it. Weddings really aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I assume fundie girls dream of their wedding day for years and to have a very different wedding from what you imagined must be hard. Of course she is very happy with married life so that is most likely compensating for the disappointing wedding. And I hope Allison learns from her sister and gives herself more time for wedding planning so it isn't as stressful as Chelsy's.

I want to add that I adore Carolina's table setting and I would love to see more from her. Her style fits perfectly with my tastes and I want to see more of her home and decorating. Unfortunately Carson and Carolina seem to be one of the quietest Bon newlywed couples. 

IMG_7649.PNG

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to add that I adore Carolina's table setting and I would love to see more from her. Her style fits perfectly with my tastes and I want to see more of her home and decorating. Unfortunately Carson and Carolina seem to be one of the quietest Bon newlywed couples. 

If you're looking, I recognize her dishes, I've seen them online! They're from Walmart, Pioneer Woman collection.

31 minutes ago, pandora said:

If you're looking, I recognize her dishes, I've seen them online! They're from Walmart, Pioneer Woman collection.

Wow I honestly thought she just put them together from collections here and there! I hate Walmart with a fiery passion so of course I didn't recognize them, lol. Now I'm tempted to do some online shopping...

i like that she's coordinating several patterns; very cute.  i bought myself these plates a few months ago--

Spoiler

image.png.00a1d13684f97ca2f4b5de0f32263b92.png

Does anyone else think it’s weird that Chelsy, the master of selfies and photos, didn’t take any while visiting the Maxwells?

I think more likely they are annoyed with her blog and Steve has declared the unmarrieds aren’t to appear on it.

4 minutes ago, sableduck said:

Does anyone else think it’s weird that Chelsy, the master of selfies and photos, didn’t take any while visiting the Maxwells?

I think more likely they are annoyed with her blog and Steve has declared the unmarrieds aren’t to appear on it.

I want to know this lengthy  and unusual courtship between her and John. i would bet part of that has to do with Steve not blessing the union. 

17 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I want to know this lengthy  and unusual courtship between her and John. i would bet part of that has to do with Steve not blessing the union. 

I like to think that John started seeing her on the sly

I have a feeling we are going to get all excited for some wild courtship tale when really it's just another navel gazing extravaganza of praying, fasting, hand wringing and long talks with their parents. 

I never comment so I might be out of practice with my fundie predictions, but I think this string of Chelsy's blog entries is going to culminate in a pregnancy announcement post. If she got pregnant shortly after her wedding she'd clear her first trimester around the end of March/beginning of April and it'd be considered safe to announce.

Bridal shower/bachelorette party post >> Last week as a Bontrager post >> Wedding pictures post... leading into a 'We're expecting a baby!' post

I can't wait to hear the sound of Steve's asshole tightening even further at the news  :my_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, SinInTheCamp said:

I never comment so I might be out of practice with my fundie predictions, but I think this string of Chelsy's blog entries is going to culminate in a pregnancy announcement post. If she got pregnant shortly after her wedding she'd clear her first trimester around the end of March/beginning of April and it'd be considered safe to announce.

Bridal shower/bachelorette party post >> Last week as a Bontrager post >> Wedding pictures post... leading into a 'We're expecting a baby!' post

I can't wait to hear the sound of Steve's asshole tightening even further at the news  :my_biggrin:

oh I hope you are wrong and they have a little time. I fear a baby would stop their travels and they'd be stuck in the first circle of maxhell forever. honestly it's probably more that she got so stressed with the wedding so much was last min as she says in her last post that she's now just catching up on everything. 

I bet she's currently pregnant. How far along? Who knows. She could be anywhere from 2 weeks (just got pregnant and doesn't know yet) to 14 weeks pregnant (wedding night conception). 

Was that a toddler I saw sitting on an adult's lap in the car in Chelsy's blog post?  Morons!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived