IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if she's going to take this as a jab at her failure to 'strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.'  

5716917697.jpg

I know these comments never last long on Lori's FB or blog, but I love it when they appear nonetheless: 

God made me in his image. Therefore I am perfect the way I am because God also doesn't make mistakes. Women like me don't need women like you trying to tell us otherwise. Deep down we know what's right and what's wrong for us. Not you. Thats where you went wrong. You dont know what God wants of us because you dont know the path we are on in our lives. You don't get to tell another woman where her place is, how she should act and or live. We have enough men telling us that and they are also wrong.

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

I didn't realize that Ken struggled with depression.  In one of Lori's videos, she showed an absolutely bizarre number of bananas in the fridge, and said Ken likes to keep a lot of them around.  I guess now we know why.  He's convinced they cure depression.

I've said in the past, that I think a lot of Lori's blog posts are passive aggressive jabs at her family.  She's frequently written that "self pity is satanic", despite the fact that you won't find any such assertion in the Bible.  I am now wondering if it was directed at Ken all along.

She posted this on May 28, 2017

Depression is a sinister “fifth column” at work within the Christian community.

You watch an individual Christian who’s sad: She’s necessarily self-centered. As long as she’s sad she makes a poor marriage partner.

Imagine struggling with depression, and reading that on your wife's blog.

She continues in the comments:

I believe a lot of these “depressed” women would find a lot of relief if they would take their eyes off of themselves and their circumstances and put them on Christ and who they are in Him instead.

Yes, she appears to be talking to women, but likely, she's letting Ken know exactly what she thinks of his "depression". 

A reader says:

There is legitimate clinical depression where happiness is not a choice that one is able to make

Lori replies:

Do you not believe that God gives us a “sound mind” as He promises and that He tells us our minds will be transformed as we renew them with His Word and to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ? Can we not trust God to accomplish what He has promised?

This also really puts a new (and horrible) spin on her deleting the suicide hotline number.  If she has a spouse that suffers from depression, she should know enough not to stand in the way of someone getting the help they need.  

She specifically mentions depression in this video.  Wow.  I am honestly starting to believe there is something seriously wrong with her.  It's like she enjoys hurting other people.

She deleted the comment of a woman who said her husband tells the kids their sin is her fault. It could have been a fake comment as it seemed too horrific to be true, but then again. If she deleted that and it was a real woman...damn. 

That Davies guy says those who lash out at Lori are demon possessed!

On 1/9/2018 at 10:04 PM, luv2laugh said:

Oh, damn. That old “Jesus will cure your depression if you pray hard enough” garbage. During a bad bout of depression, in confession I told the (hip, cool, young) priest that I felt unworthy of the love of God. His chipper reply: “NOBODY is worthy of the love of God!” Well, that is as helpful AF for someone in psychiatric care for suicidal ideation.

Has she ever been called out or challenged  for her 'women shouldn't preach' spew?  If women are supposed to be silent and not leaders, why is she even on the internet at all? All the submissive meek wives should be turning to their husbands for direction, and not some harlot with a blog. If she was a true submissive she would be spending all  her time keeping the home and not tippy typing drivel all day.

I have a very dirty mind. Every time I see 'submissive' from these fundies I think, gee do they have a safe word?

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Oh, damn. That old “Jesus will cure your depression if you pray hard enough” garbage. During a bad bout of depression, in confession I told the (hip, cool, young) priest that I felt unworthy of the love of God. His chipper reply: “NOBODY is worthy of the love of God!” Well, that is as helpful AF for someone in psychiatric care for suicidal ideation.

Our previous parish priest had clinical depression. He took anti-depressants and saw a therapist. And talked openly about it from the pulpit. 

It's my opinion that Lori suffers deeply from anxiety and depression.  She deals with it by not dealing with it, instead turning her rage outward and attacking everyone around her to make herself feel better.  I think her depression has deepened over the last few years and that is why her blog has gotten uglier and uglier.

I believe that if Ken forced Lori to move to a less than sunny climate she would break down.  I look at her as someone who has no real structure to fall back on and, given this, she has to rebuild it on a daily basis.  With a move, the lack of daily sun, the lack of any sort of a family...her anxiety and depression will spiral out of control.  I don't think her blog or her chat room will save her.

10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Here is her latest little notebook nit-witticism. 

She almost always begins a post ready for a fight. 

"Women hate me because...". "A woman was mad at me for...." "

You know what she never does?

She never writes a post aimed at those readers who do support her. She never writes that she is thankful for her faithful readers and those who leave positive words. It's like her Amazon page. Until it was pointed out here at FJ, she only responded to her critics but never thanked her supporters. 

Lori WANTS to be angry. She holds on to it like a security blanket. She is happiest when she's unhappy. What better way to stay unhappy than by obsessing over those who hate her?  I think she reads comments and is disappointed when she realizes someone is not disagreeing with her. That's why she finds a way to argue even with those who support her writings.  She loves to focus on the negative.

I'm just going to leave this little reminder right here. 

IMG_9572.PNG

hypocritical pot meet kettle

I can't imagine how Ken being able to get professional help for depression, especially being married to Lori. She doesn't seem very supportive.  She turns to her social media to tear down her family. I still remember the family member who went on a women's retreat, and Lori blogged/IG'ed about how bad retreats were.  She blogs about how evil leggings are, when Alyssa has posted pics of herself wearing them.  She has called her own mother old and sick.  I am not on the best terms with my mother, but I'd never write or say that about her. 

Now, I'm starting to wonder if Lori will move into that house that was posted a few pages back. What if Ken has ideas of putting them in a tiny ranch style home, condo, or adult living community, and Lori ended up posting a pic of that house, as a way to strong arm Ken into maintaining a certain image, like "see my online friends love this house."

What I'm curious about is whether Ken is diagnosed with depression or if he just says he suffers from depression. It seems they both shun the mental health field; therefore, I'm not really sure if Ken would have ever gone to see a counselor/psychologist. But for him to believe he has depression would mean that he trusts the DSM but how can he trust the DSM if he doesn't support the psychologists who put it together. Of course one doesn't need to seek help in order to have a disorder. I suppose I'm just curious as to how Ken came to this conclusion about having depression. Gah my head hurts just thinking about that.  

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

What I'm curious about is whether Ken is diagnosed with depression or if he just says he suffers from depression. It seems they both shun the mental health field; therefore, I'm not really sure if Ken would have ever gone to see a counselor/psychologist. But for him to believe he has depression would mean that he trusts the DSM but how can he trust the DSM if he doesn't support the psychologists who put it together. Of course one doesn't need to seek help in order to have a disorder. I suppose I'm just curious as to how Ken came to this conclusion about having depression. Gah my head hurts just thinking about that.  

I'd think anyone with many contacts with Lori would suffer depression before too long.  You can only listen to so much tearing everyone down before it starts to affect you.   On the other hand, maybe he just really loves banana shakes and wants an excuse to have more than 1 per day. With calorie counter Lori keeping track of his portions it must be hard to eat even remotely normally around her.

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Depression can be diagnosed by a GP.

53 minutes ago, lilith said:

Depression can be diagnosed by a GP.

Oh I know lol. I have my own beef with that to some extent, especially if they're prescribing medicine with that diagnosis. But I guess it's their general questioning of doctors and medicine that makes me wonder. Plus what Lori has said about depression in the past.

Now she has it in for Queen Victoria and Ada Lovelace based on the Queen Victoria mini-series. Lori earnestly writes "I never wanted to run a country or invent things." But, but you seem so ALIVE intellectually, Lorbags!

This is a woman who never wanted to do anything. Having kids just looked like the accepted way to do the least possible in her version of raising kids. "An hour of math and a couple of reading" comprised her homeschool curriculum for kids going into high school. She invented an entire theology around her personal preferences. 

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I suppose I'm just curious as to how Ken came to this conclusion about having depression. Gah my head hurts just thinking about that.  

He feels sad and discontented every once in awhile and boom! He thinks he has depression. He might have situational depression, but clinical depression I would bet not.

14 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Lori earnestly writes "I never wanted to run a country or invent things."

and a cheer went out through the universe!

Seriously, no one but Lori and her fanpoodles want to live the handmaid's tale and the leather strap has already been invented.

19 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I'd prefer to see her as a Handmaid.  She would have to be aged back a few years, but hey, this is fantasy!  :pb_lol:  Since she thinks women should have no rights, I'd love to see her with none (only for a short time, I wouldn't wish permanent Handmaid status on anyone, even Lori).  She thinks women should just do what the men in their lives tell them?  Handmaid is her dream career choice!  Of course she wouldn't get to subsist on her slimy salads and salmonella dressing, and the counters wouldn't be wiped with her chicken juice Norwex cloths, and she couldn't make everyone else follow her rules, but I'm sure Lori would willingly give up her rights since she wants to take them from other women, right?...right??!  

Actually, I think it would server her right to be an econowife.  She would not survive having to actually clean, cook, etc.  And the cheap, skimpy dresses econowives had to wear?

1 hour ago, CelticGoddess said:

Actually, I think it would server her right to be an econowife.  She would not survive having to actually clean, cook, etc.  And the cheap, skimpy dresses econowives had to wear?

If I recall correctly, didn't the econowives consider the handmaids sluts? I would love to see Lori's reaction as a handmaid to being slut shamed, so my preference is still slightly for Lori as handmaid.  :pb_lol:  But econowife status would be great too.  Either experience could be very educational for her! 

Attacking Queen Victoria now? Everything I've heard said she loved her husband quite dearly. And yeah I'm sure she did wish she was a man sometimes, she had nine children in an age were a woman could easily die from childbirth. And what was she supposed to do? Give up the throne? She had a responsibility to her people. I don't know how good of a queen she was as I'm not that well versed in history, but I'm sure you can't just abandon the crown or turn it over to whoever. If I remember correctly there's some British women on here. Any of you care to chime in? 

And speaking of the Victoria show, it looks like they just filmed an episode at Harlaxton Manor which is where I studied while in England. I find that really cool. 

Also to the lady that commented that her husband is better at her than pretty much everything.... that's frighteningly low self-esteem. I mean geez, I highly doubt that's true. But it's like Lori promotes this martyrdom where women should have babies even if they don't desire children and then make themselves these lowly creatures who can't do anything else. So messed up. 

Hard to believe Lori criticising Queen Victoria when everything she loves about the 'days of old' came right out of the romanticised version of the Victorian era itself. :roll:

If Victoria ever did wish she were a man (and who knows, that may have been made up for extra drama on the show), it was probably because she was terrified of childbirth. She didn't mind having children so much as the pain of labor. It's largely thanks to her that anesthesia during labor became popular, if I remember my history correctly. 

I wonder if Lori even remotely realises that Queen Victoria was a stay at home mom with a home-based business? Whether she was at Buckingham Palace, Windsor, Balmoral, Sandringham, or Osborne House, she was at home, and her children were usually with her. And the red boxes containing the business of state followed her no matter which home she occupied at any given time. She didn't go out to work as a Queen, the work came to her, in her home, and Albert helped her a great deal. 

Lori, if you're going to watch shows like this, google the subject. Even a wikipedia entry can give you enough information to keep you from sounding like a fool. Of course, your reading comprehension is seriously lacking, so perhaps not. :my_dodgy:

Does Lori realize that birth control is NOT the only way to prevent having babies....?  Someone seriously needs to teach her about female anatomy and reproduction...

FYI:  The rhythm method, fertility awareness method, and coitus interruptus are all possible birth control methods that require no medication, injections, barriers, etc.  BIRTH CONTROL WAS POSSIBLE BEFORE FEMINISM LORI.  SHUT UP.

***Note:  I am not saying those methods are necessarily reliable... however, they are possible and can be effective when used appropriately and with some high levels of reproductive knowledge.  Lol.

There have been times when I wouldn’t have minded being a man- stuck in traffic jams and needing to pee, when I used to get cramps, and maybe a few other convenience based moments. 

I also am a career woman with an advanced degree and always knew I wanted children. My sisters also have degrees and are married but never wanted children. I think it would be wrong to expect them to ignore that  

Mothering came very naturally to me. I also know that it doesn’t come as easily to others and that we still tend to ignore PPD. Lori of course doesn’t even acknowledge that. 

For what it’s worth, I do have it all- at least in the ways that are important to me. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived