IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

I guess Ken had some ice-cream or a steak, because Lori is taking a jab at him here, whether he knows it or not.

"It's better he die young..." - Oh my god in heaven, what kind of woman could write something like that???  I couldn't even utter the words, much less say them so callously.  

I know I've said this before, but my husband and I are high-school sweethearts of nearly 20 years.  There are no words for how much I love him.  He's (and I know this sounds really sappy) the sunshine in my days.  When he calls home from work (which he does throughout the day....just to chat) I just sit there and smile like an idiot.  I adore that man...even after all these years.

Right now he's getting ready to work on a house project for me, and he took yesterday off to take me antique shopping for the room he's working on. (I got a TON of antique furniture.  So excited!)  All of that to say, I adore my husband...he's such a good man, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am lucky to have him.  He's my best friend.

But back to Lori.  I find it incredibly sad that she's never known or given that kind of love.  She says, "It's better he die young...." as if it really wouldn't be such a big deal to her.  It honestly makes me wonder if there's something wrong with her, because I don't know that I've ever heard anyone say such a thing.

She's just downright mean. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the comment about feminists be jealous cause her fan girl cleaned & cooked- do they think all feminists leave in pigstys & never cook or clean? That we all have servants? 

Working women earn money to support ourselves & our families, cook, clean, raise children & volunteer in our community/church. We are actually pretty awesome! We do it without thinking about how holy we are. We may be tired but we don't resent our families or jobs.

i also don't get their beliefs about public school.  In our town most kids & teachers are Christian. My kid is exposed to some very religious beliefs. In health class, they talk about wellness & how you need spirituality. The teacher actually told them if they don't go to church they should meditate daily.

i thought it was inappropriate for public school but did not complain. You know how you counteract what you don't like about public school? Talk to your kid! We talk every night about school. Kids can retain their family values. They also learn to get along with others who have different beliefs.

13 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I'm guessing here but maybe she did offer and sis declined. I know I would if Lori was my sister. Can you imagine being under her microscope 24/7? God's wrath would be upon you for flossing your teeth with the bathroom door open. Or how about buying a bag of non-organic groceries and popping a tub of Ben and Jerry's into the freezer? Or horror upon horrors, walking around in shorts with no bra on under your t-shirt and finding Ken leering at you from a dark corner? Ugh. I'd rather stay at the Marriot than be Lori's guest. 

I agree.  Who would want to live under Lori's microscope?   I think I'd stay in my car first.

19 hours ago, Loveday said:

@fundamentallyfearless are those comments still there? 

When I screen shotted them they were but I’m not sure about now 

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

Disclaimer: I'm not defending Lori!!! 

That link you provided is good, and in that post the author links to another relevant post: http://drcate.com/breast-cancer-is-early-detection-a-good-thing/

This post lines up with what I've been medically advised in the UK. Here they are using mammograms much less often than in America. As I understand it, mammograms increase the amount of cancers found and treated by a large amount, but don't change the number of lives saved by a similarly large amount. The proposed conclusion I've been told (by actual medical doctors, specifically women who are doctors) is that not all cancers are actually life-threatening, and more and more refined screening leads to a large number of sometimes-devastating treatments that were not actually necessary.

I'm not a doctor myself and perhaps explained that poorly/inaccurately. Just wanted to share that "Are regular/annual mammograms best practice?" is a real, not-kooky topic among mainstream medical professionals.

Lori's take on it is not knowledgable in any way, but the question itself is legit.

I like your thoughts! I think those types of discussions are definitely valid and interesting. Obviously Lori just doesn’t know what she’s talking about... LOL

God forgive me, but her post today is an answer to those who will question her lack of emotion after her mother's passing. 

My grandfather's death was not unexpected, yet I cried like a baby when he died. 

Lori is an unemotional sociopath. 

I knew it! Her favorite doctor she mentioned in her mammogram post isn't a medical doctor. Just a phd doctor who has his own line of supplements. She thinks these are all far superior. She fell for the marketing!!

17 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

She's so lucky to have a husband who is willing to pay for the costs of self-publication  for her bullshit doodles book.

Ken definitely gets something out of this. It's a form of self-preservation to distract her with her sanctimonious bullshit. "Ohhh, look at the women in thongs while I eat my aerosol cheese in peace!" He had to learn to manage her and this did the trick. "Why don't you practice your handwriting and share your wisdom with the whores of Babylon? I'll be in the Caribbean with Alyssa and Jon."  

"It's better he die young..." - Oh my god in heaven, what kind of woman could write something like that???  I couldn't even utter the words, much less say them so callously.  

She's been preaching this one for a while. She'd rather Ken die young than be unhappy with her nagging. Only a monster would think along these lines. How would it even occur to a sane person in a healthy or reasonably loving relationship?  I feel so sorry for her family.  

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I knew it! Her favorite doctor she mentioned in her mammogram post isn't a medical doctor. Just a phd doctor who has his own line of supplements. She thinks these are all far superior. She fell for the marketing!!

I have an extended family member (gah, I sound like a Maxwell!) who is extremely well-educated, has her own completely legit, well-run, very meaningful and helpful-to-others business, but who, because of some hard to deal with and treat health issues like fibro and other ailments, has recently decided that regular doctors don't know nearly as much as 'doctors' like this Marshall dude. She's constantly posting links to quacks who are shilling their own products, but when this is pointed out to her, she says 'well, at least it's all natural and the jars are recycled and they're not selling chemical junk blah blah blah.' Her latest FB share had to do with reversing and 'curing' diabetes. There is no such thing as a cure or a reversal. There's control, but if you slack off, it will eventually come back. Calling it a 'cure' is giving false, cruel hope.

Not sure what my point was with all that, except maybe to say that if someone who is normally pretty intelligent and discerning can fall for crap like this, it's no wonder someone like Lori, who hasn't got a discerning bone in her body, believes it. :pb_confused:

I wake up every morning around 2:00 am....

You know, Lori, it might be the Lord trying to tell you something. Perhaps you are taking more than your portion of sleep? The Proverbs 31 lady "riseth also while it is yet night". JUST SAYING.

41 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

You know, Lori, it might be the Lord trying to tell you something. Perhaps you are taking more than your portion of sleep? The Proverbs 31 lady "riseth also while it is yet night". JUST SAYING.

I gotta laugh. Lori thinks her melatonin is working bc she falls back to sleep two hours after taking it? 

I recently started taking melatonin because I wake up at night and then fall back to sleep, 3-4x a night. I can't say the malatonin has helped any, but I wouldn't think it was a success if it took 2 hours to work. I'd think that I just fell back to sleep naturally.

20 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I gotta laugh. Lori thinks her melatonin is working bc she falls back to sleep two hours after taking it? 

I recently started taking melatonin because I wake up at night and then fall back to sleep, 3-4x a night. I can't say the malatonin has helped any, but I wouldn't think it was a success if it took 2 hours to work. I'd think that I just fell back to sleep naturally.

Yeah how is that the best melatonin if it takes that long? And really can there really be varying degrees of melatonin? Is it any wonder she is up all night deleting comments. She has sleep issues and needs something to do.

24 minutes ago, Hisey said:

She says she goes back to sleep *for* a couple of hours, not *in* a couple of hours.

@Loveday it depends on which type I think. Type 2, I think it is, can often be reversed with diet and lifestyle changes. Many cases of it are caused by bad diet and lifestyle. So yea, I think in a way that it can be cured. 

I wonder if Lori's dark-of-night modesty "youtube" was done at 2 a.m. as she waited for her melatonin to kick in. 

Think of how much more blogging, monitoring, mentoring, shaming and boasting she could do if she just got up at 2:00 and went right to work. 

Thank God for melatonin. 

9 hours ago, Koala said:

Seriously.

Once again we note the lack of "communicating as adults" as an option. There are apparently only two options: "Controlling" your husband's health while being contentious and making him miserable, or "submitting" which apparently means not saying anything about his health and if he dies young so be it. WTF? How about, "Honey, I really love you, and the kids and I want you with us for a long time. Can we talk about some concerns I have about how your choices impact your health?"

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

@Loveday it depends on which type I think. Type 2, I think it is, can often be reversed with diet and lifestyle changes. Many cases of it are caused by bad diet and lifestyle. So yea, I think in a way that it can be cured. 

Yes, Type 2 can be reversed as long as it's not too far along (A1c and daily blood sugars not too high at first diagnosis), but you have to stay on it every single day for the rest of your life or it will eventually hit you again. And even then, it often hits you again anyway because it's a bitch of a disease.  Many cases ARE caused by bad diet (I'm an example of that although it does run in my family as well :pb_redface: ), but just as many aren't. You can have the most perfect, healthy lifestyle and still end up diabetic. 

So yeah, anyway, sometimes Type 2 can be 'cured,' but it can't be cured. If that made any sense. LOL.

That's not a cure or a reversal, though, it's control. Type 2 diabetes gets worse with time, not better. You can control it with diet and exercise but eventually those controls are not enough and you have to do more and more to keep your blood sugar in check. When people are able to lower their A1C or go off medication, that is a temporary improvement. Also, there is a very strong genetic component. The latest research suggests that diet does not cause diabetes at all. People who are pre-diabetic gain weight because of the disease. They don't get the disease because they gain weight. Sorry, this is a pet peeve. Diabetes is not curable or reversible. 

24 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

That's not a cure or a reversal, though, it's control. Type 2 diabetes gets worse with time, not better. You can control it with diet and exercise but eventually those controls are not enough and you have to do more and more to keep your blood sugar in check. When people are able to lower their A1C or go off medication, that is a temporary improvement. Also, there is a very strong genetic component. The latest research suggests that diet does not cause diabetes at all. People who are pre-diabetic gain weight because of the disease. They don't get the disease because they gain weight. Sorry, this is a pet peeve. Diabetes is not curable or reversible. 

Pretty much what I said, you just said it better. Thanks.

She is alarming the nuts right now. "Just thinking out loud but isn't the flu virus creating super strains of the flu just like there are resistant strains to antibiotics." 

One of the best responses is from a total nutter who believes in every conspiracy theory in the book, inclusion that Bill Gates holds the patent for the ebola virus (since the 1970s): "Yes. I believe they mess with the natural strains of the flu to create a super flu. AIDS is man made. In fact there are patents out for some viruses! The Zika and Ebola viruses are just two that are patented. Satan is doing crazy things to the masses health. I just saw an article where a woman pulled out a nano needle out of her skin." 

Not even educated Lindsay or an educated nurse can stem the tide on this quackery. Lorbags says she trusts her "common sense" (can I laugh at that harder?!!!) over "scientific research." The woman is so stupid it hurts. 

34 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Pretty much what I said, you just said it better. Thanks.

Sorry if I sounded hand-slappy or lecture-y. I don't mean it that way at all. I did think you were mostly saying the same thing, I just wanted to spell it out for those following along at home. In this environment of certain Congresspeople saying those with diseases haven't "lived good lives," (cough, Mo Brooks, cough) and therefore don't deserve affordable healthcare, it's important to me to try to clear up any misconceptions whenever possible. 

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

Sorry if I sounded hand-slappy or lecture-y. I don't mean it that way at all. I did think you were mostly saying the same thing, I just wanted to spell it out for those following along at home. In this environment of certain Congresspeople saying those with diseases haven't "lived good lives," (cough, Mo Brooks, cough) and therefore don't deserve affordable healthcare, it's important to me to try I clear up any misconceptions whenever possible. 

Not handslappy at all! I tend to skate around what I mean to say sometimes, when I should just come right out and state things plainly, which is what was needed in this case. I should have  clarified that diabetes WILL eventually catch up with you even if you do 'reverse' it for now. It's just a matter of degree; some can control it for decades with diet, exercise, and metformin or other oral meds when necessary, others need to go on insulin much sooner than they'd hoped. So far I've managed to keep my A1c between 6 and 6.5, but I'd like to see it under 6. May never happen, though, as I can't seem to get that damned morning fasting reading down under 135. Frustrates my doctor and pisses me off to no end. :angry-banghead:

My favorite part of Lori's post is the quotes around "healthy". He's allegedly a "healthy" doctor. He's dead, but still.

She takes melatonin when she wakes up at 2 in the morning and can go right back to sleep. Placebo anyone? 

13 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

My favorite part of Lori's post is the quotes around "healthy". He's allegedly a "healthy" doctor. He's dead, but still.

She takes melatonin when she wakes up at 2 in the morning and can go right back to sleep. Placebo anyone? 

I struggle with insomnia and I tried melatonin- it out me to sleep quickly but I had horrible nightmares from it. Like wake up crying or terrified type nightmares. I do know some people that swear by it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived