IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@PennySycamore in the last thread you mentioned the "well, bless you heart!" thing and I had to laugh. I was just thinking of a past English teacher who would just say "oh that's cute" or sigh "oh, sweetie". If a student got that from her, chances are they just said something majorly idiotic. I've taken the "oh that's cute" with me, my own version of "Bless your heart". 

Am I the only one who just found out today about LorKen's son Ryan being in law school?  I wonder which law school he's going to? I am surprised.  Wasn't he working for Ken?

Yes Emily was not long getting out of the chat room when the shit the fan over Lori's book.  She would have chimed in now and again in the comments but usually about family stuff like loving Lori's bread and coming to visit.  But her mum is still in the chat room but I have just remembered her sister was in it but also appears to have left.  Maybe her mum is just keeping a eye on all the crazy that goes on and looking for any signs of her granddaughter being in danger from Lori.  

I thought that Ryan Cassies husbsnd was also training to be an orthodontist and had changed from pharmacy to do this. 

Yes Lori is easliy offended that is why Jilly got thrown out of the chatroom.   Girl was so upset that she wrote an apology to everyone.  This is back in 2014.  I have it in my messenger.  Lori removed her after that.

That house. Holy shit. Half a million dollar house with 2x the square footage of my house, and really fancy kitchen and bathrooms? Sounds about right. Fuck Lori.

Also, the lead singer of my favorite band that I’ve seen in concert 18 times lives 0.4 miles from that house. Strange coincidence.

Anyone notice the previous sale price of the house Lori is interested in? Sale was 2015 so what the heck happened to the real estate market there in the last few years? I wonder if she's smart enough to find out the last sales price....

25 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Anyone notice the previous sale price of the house Lori is interested in? Sale was 2015 so what the heck happened to the real estate market there in the last few years? I wonder if she's smart enough to find out the last sales price....

I found two sale prices in May 2015- one says sold for $170k and further below it says it sold for $470K. Given the cost history, I would suspect $470K is the right amount but I know nothing of the area. Looks like they spent two months trying to rent it- 10/18-12/14, monthly rent was $3100/month. Holy smokes. The HOA fee seems reasonable. 

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

That house. Holy shit. Half a million dollar house with 2x the square footage of my house, and really fancy kitchen and bathrooms? Sounds about right. Fuck Lori.

Also, the lead singer of my favorite band that I’ve seen in concert 18 times lives 0.4 miles from that house. Strange coincidence.

It’s double the size of my house as well. And yet I am one of those ebil working moms that is allegedly working so we can have a big fancy (empty) house and regular fancy vacations.  While I want a larger house (because I love to cook and have people over and it’s not doable in my current house) with a yard my kids can play in, I am thankful for a job that provides a steady income and fantastic health insurance. It’s unfortunate that neither Lori nor her fangirls can step outside their echo chambers with an open mind. 

I was thinking of that house and how it basically looks like my dream home. Even the gray walls! However, my real dream right now is to graduate, have a steady income that pays the bills, a reliable car (nothing fancy), a roof over my head, and good health insurance. No really luxuries needed. I don't aspire to have a ton of fancy vacations because a vacation for me is spending a couple days just reading (I would like to someday go back to Europe though). She talks about women wanting luxuries when in reality I think most of us just want to live and feel safe. For me that means a roof over my head and bills paid. Pretty simple right? 

It's a gorgeous house but what, exactly, is she going to do with all that??  That's a lot of house to clean!  I guess comparatively speaking half a mil is cheap to her....her current house is worth probably double that.  They've been in it a long time so they would definitely walk away from a sale pretty set up.  She reeeaallly really wants to be fundie royalty doesn't she?  Queen Lori chilling on a Sunday afternoon with all the other Queen B's, monitoring their food intake, chatting about children they don't actually love, and hardworking replaceable husbands they don't actually care about.  

Lori Alexander: Preaches about being thrifty on blog, goes out and buys a huge half mil house. Fundies, you never cease to amaze me with your hypocrisy. 

6 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

It's a gorgeous house but what, exactly, is she going to do with all that??  That's a lot of house to clean!  I guess comparatively speaking half a mil is cheap to her....her current house is worth probably double that.  They've been in it a long time so they would definitely walk away from a sale pretty set up.  She reeeaallly really wants to be fundie royalty doesn't she?  Queen Lori chilling on a Sunday afternoon with all the other Queen B's, monitoring their food intake, chatting about children they don't actually love, and hardworking replaceable husbands they don't actually care about.  

Right? What do two people DO with 5000+ sqft? 

Lori's fangirl, Lindy, is just as snotty as Lori.  The comments on the doodle about women leading in church were so snobbish.  Jesus never said that church is only for mature believers. Church is for everyone!  How is a non believer supposed to learn the Gospel message if not in church?  They make church sound like a club. It makes me so mad.  They think one has to become saved before entering a church.  Um, no. Most people get saved during church. They hear the message, and the Holy Spirit convicts them.  

Sure, we are supposed to be the church in the community and witness to others, but that is what leads them to church.  If more mature believers want a deeper study, that can be offered at other times.  

Our church ministers to homeless people, and they are welcome any time they want to come. Now, we are not stupid. We have a security team  and do background checks on those who hold positions. The children's section is secure with only parents being allowed. All classrooms for kids have windows in the walls and doors and require at least 2 adults.  

Who does Lori think she is?  

21 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

You. Have. Made. My. Day.   Bless yore heart. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

What's kind of scary is I've heard each and every single one of these things come out of a Southern woman's mouth at one time or another in my life. Some of them have actually come out of my own mouth and I'm only as far south as Virginia. Please, Lord, make Lori and Ken move to Tennessee. Pleeeaaassse??!? :pray:

14 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Right? What do two people DO with 5000+ sqft? 

Am confused because via the link given, I get a 3300 sq ft home. The house is nice and pricey, but her current home is worth close to 1 million. I figured with the sale of that home she'd have gone for something even bigger and pricier to show off. Guess Ken understandably would like to pocket some for retirement. I personally think the house itself looks nice, but I loathe the location. I cannot deal with the idea of being basically on top of my neighbors. I got spoiled growing up with a yard and woods and privacy so if I'm spending that much on a house, I'd be looking for some space and privacy, but that's just me. A California burbinite likely thinks that's a good size yard though. These homes are a similar size and price with a bigger yard and more privacy. (Style is not considered here, just was looking at home size and yard space). 

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/42638127_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/35.950533,-86.740501,35.878934,-86.850365_rect/12_zm/0_mmm/ 

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/42637957_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/35.950533,-86.740501,35.878934,-86.850365_rect/12_zm/0_mmm/

Personally I loathe the idea of her moving to TN because I may end up moving to Knoxville within a few months (uncertain just yet) and frankly, I don't want those horrible people anywhere near me. Bad enough there's already a lot of crazies anyway. What is up with Tennessee? Home of the original KKK, Above Rubies, the Pearls, crazy dieting Shamblin and now maybe LorKen? Ugh. Not stopping me from moving to area because a good job is a good job and I actually liked the Knoxville area from my visits, but geez. ; ) 

I think that Ken's business is failing, and that they have very little saved for retirement. I don't think they have enough saved for retirement to live comfortably in CA.

Ken's business may have been a fine one before the internet. Back then, orthodontists were much more isolated. All the tricks and tips that Ken had to offer were *his* to dish out to his paying customers.

Nowadays, orthos can go to forums online and learn a lot of this stuff. An ortho with declining profits can go online to read things like, "Have an ice cream freezer in the waiting room" and "offer a monthly bike raffle" (these are things I believe Ken suggests). No need to pay thousands to a consultant.

I do think Ken brings something to the table in terms of scheduling software, etc. However, again, thanks to the internet, orthos can compare and contrast their purchasing options and may not choose the expensive software offered by a boutique firm. Plus, Ken's business needs to support two families now, since Ryan joined up, and he has a fairly large family to support.

I also think the business is in trouble because Ken and his son went to the expense of re-branding a few years back. If business is bustling, who has time or interest to do that?

Unlike some other people here, I don't think Ken and Lori were ever "rich." I think they were comfortably middle class. The problem is Lori. The stuff she buys would break any budget. I'm guessing Ken makes 150-200/year. If that's true, no way can they afford all those $10/dozen eggs and $40 vitamins, while living in So Cal, helping to support their kids, constantly eating out, etc. Something has to go, and I'll bet it's their retirement savings. The idea of cashing out on their house and moving to TN, netting them a cool $500,000, must be very tempting to Ken.

Since we know Lori reads here, maybe we should be pointing out all the benefits that she could potentially gain from the move, so she can read them, make the move, then get walloped a good one by the Southern women who she thinks she can push around.  

I might be wrong here, but I think Lori is threatening to move to get attention. I don't think they have any intention of actually moving. 

37 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I might be wrong here, but I think Lori is threatening to move to get attention. I don't think they have any intention of actually moving. 

I thought she was trying to get attention specifically from Debi Pearl. I could see her imagining Debi Pearl contacting her to say how thrilled she was that Lori would be moving closer to her. I like to think that Debi Pearl is cringing at the thought.

It was assumed that Lori and Ken had a big fight around the time Ken went to the Cayman Islands.  Maybe Ken wants to move, retire comfortably, and Lori was not being the submissive agreeable helpmeet.  

I think that Ken is looking at TN, because there is no state income tax, lower property taxes, etc.  At least he is concerned about his retirement, unlike Lori, who spends money like it's going out of style.

I do want someone to ask Lori why they can't move into a small 2-3 bedroom house or condo. Hasn't Lori been spouting off living a simple life in her blog?  There's nothing "simple" about that house.

Welp, today Aunt Lori is bitching about 'A Foolish, Clamorous Woman.'  One of the lines included therein is 'Clamorous means “speaking and repeating loud words; noisy; vociferous; loud; turbulent.”  Let's examine this a moment, in relationship to Lori:

'Speaking and repeating loud words' -Check, she's certainly repetitive.  

'Noisy' -Check, at least she makes a lot of virtual noise online.

'Vociferous' -Check.

'Loud' -Check, again she uses a pretty loud online voice equivalent.

'Turbulent' -Aaaaaand check. 

So the definition of a 'clamourous' woman fits Lori as if it were made for her.  Take a good, long look in the mirror, Lori dear, you may actually learn something.  

And we have this little gem: 'She speaks loudly and over people. She demands her rights, gets easily angered, and demands to be heard. She does this in hopes that others will hear her and be ‘moved by her persuasions.'  

Physician/Lori, heal thyself!  

Lazy Lori, we already know you have the self-awareness of a toothpick. No need to provide more evidence. 

With anyone else, I would be shocked that she was talking about moving across the country for no discernible reason when her mother is “old and sick”, and her father might possibly soon be facing widowhood. That’s rather cold. It’s also very LorKen.

She still has both parents alive and has never lived more than 50 miles from where she was born (that I can tell). She has no idea what it means to pick up and move away from all family and friends to another part of the country. This is a woman who panics when a wildfire is nearby. She’d freeze trying to navigate new territory for everything, every single day. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived