IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

Lori's said in the past that she goes to bed early, and we know that she spends a lot of time "resting".  She likely still has household help, and we all know she doesn't overtax her brain.  What part of her (aside from her delete finger) could possibly be tired?

Maybe if she did something other than "monitor the chat room for a majority of the day", she'd be able to sleep at night.  

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, Lazy Lori’s always tell us how sick she is.  She has stomach issues nearly every week.  Now she can’t sleep. I have some serious stuff going on and I still have a much better quality of life than she has. Maybe it’s because I don’t put all that woo woo stuff in my body?

12 hours ago, Koala said:

I guess Ken had some ice-cream or a steak, because Lori is taking a jab at him here, whether he knows it or not.

"It's better he die young..." - Oh my god in heaven, what kind of woman could write something like that???  I couldn't even utter the words, much less say them so callously.  

I know I've said this before, but my husband and I are high-school sweethearts of nearly 20 years.  There are no words for how much I love him.  He's (and I know this sounds really sappy) the sunshine in my days.  When he calls home from work (which he does throughout the day....just to chat) I just sit there and smile like an idiot.  I adore that man...even after all these years.

Right now he's getting ready to work on a house project for me, and he took yesterday off to take me antique shopping for the room he's working on. (I got a TON of antique furniture.  So excited!)  All of that to say, I adore my husband...he's such a good man, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am lucky to have him.  He's my best friend.

But back to Lori.  I find it incredibly sad that she's never known or given that kind of love.  She says, "It's better he die young...." as if it really wouldn't be such a big deal to her.  It honestly makes me wonder if there's something wrong with her, because I don't know that I've ever heard anyone say such a thing.

She's just downright mean. 

12 hours ago, Koala said:

I guess Ken had some ice-cream or a steak, because Lori is taking a jab at him here, whether he knows it or not.

"It's better he die young..." - Oh my god in heaven, what kind of woman could write something like that???  I couldn't even utter the words, much less say them so callously.  

I know I've said this before, but my husband and I are high-school sweethearts of nearly 20 years.  There are no words for how much I love him.  He's (and I know this sounds really sappy) the sunshine in my days.  When he calls home from work (which he does throughout the day....just to chat) I just sit there and smile like an idiot.  I adore that man...even after all these years.

Right now he's getting ready to work on a house project for me, and he took yesterday off to take me antique shopping for the room he's working on. (I got a TON of antique furniture.  So excited!)  All of that to say, I adore my husband...he's such a good man, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am lucky to have him.  He's my best friend.

But back to Lori.  I find it incredibly sad that she's never known or given that kind of love.  She says, "It's better he die young...." as if it really wouldn't be such a big deal to her.  It honestly makes me wonder if there's something wrong with her, because I don't know that I've ever heard anyone say such a thing.

She's just downright mean. 

So long as his life insurance is in order Lori wouldn’t give a damn if Ken dropped dead tomorrow.

She’d probably prefer it in fact - there wouldn’t be anyone who could contradict her version of how they obtained the perfect marriage through her total submission to Ken/Debi Pearl. She wouldn’t have to protect Ken’s business image and pretend to submit when he tells her to wind back the crazy. She would never have to cook anything but soup and salad again, and if it’s only her eating it she could probably make enough for a fortnight in one batch. She wouldn’t have to find 10 minutes and some lube. All in all, removing Ken from the picture would greatly simplify her life and leave her much more time for monitoring the chat room, spying on the neighbours, and “mentoring” the misguided women of the world.

32 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

She has stomach issues nearly every week.  

I am convinced that's yet another self inflicted ailment. 

How many Instagram pictures has she posted of various concoctions that she claims "gets her bowels moving" ( <--- Why yes, I gagged as I typed that.  Why do you ask?) 

How many things does she consume that are supposed to "help her digestion"? 

What was her discreet claim that she likes to make sure she's pooping 2 lbs a day (How would she know how much her poop weighs?  No wait...don't tell me.  It's better if I don't know). 

How does she clean her counters?  With a salmonella rag, of course!

When she makes broth, how long does she let it sit out?  All day, naturally.  

Let's face it, Lori's a stomach problem waiting to happen.  I would actually be more surprised if she wasn't having stomach issues.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori's said in the past that she goes to bed early, and we know that she spends a lot of time "resting".  She likely still has household help, and we all know she doesn't overtax her brain.  What part of her (aside from her delete finger) could possibly be tired?

Maybe if she did something other than "monitor the chat room for a majority of the day", she'd be able to sleep at night.  

If she's in front of her computer all day except for the requisite 10 minutes and lube, she's probably being affected by the blue light from the computer screen. It can really wreak havoc on your sleep. 

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I struggle with insomnia and I tried melatonin- it out me to sleep quickly but I had horrible nightmares from it. Like wake up crying or terrified type nightmares. I do know some people that swear by it. 

Same here. Melatonin nightmares are the worst except for Lunesta. Its been about 6 years since I've taken it and I still remember the nightmares clearly. I was only talking about melatonin being a placebo for Lori because her wording sounded like it works instantly for her. 

Did ya'll see the doodle about affairs in the workplace?  Sure, it happens occasionally. I've seen a few incidents over the years, but not nearly as common as Lori and the fangirls think, and the incidents I know of were between coworkers, not between a boss and employees. 

Alcohol has an effect on the digestive system . And we know St Lori doesn't abstain while telling her followers to do so.

DYING at ass-eyes :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

I don’t know if I’ve made my usual LORI IS BATSHIT comment yet, so there. 

I reeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyy don’t want to know about her bowels and their movements/products at all. Gag.

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

That's possible. For what it's worth, though, I got that from the screenshot posted here, not from Instagram (or whatever it was) itself.

Maybe I was wrong. I could have sworn, though, that,  she said she fell back to sleep after two hours. . .

On 13/01/2018 at 10:03 AM, Petronella said:

Disclaimer: I'm not defending Lori!!! 

That link you provided is good, and in that post the author links to another relevant post: http://drcate.com/breast-cancer-is-early-detection-a-good-thing/

This post lines up with what I've been medically advised in the UK. Here they are using mammograms much less often than in America. As I understand it, mammograms increase the amount of cancers found and treated by a large amount, but don't change the number of lives saved by a similarly large amount. The proposed conclusion I've been told (by actual medical doctors, specifically women who are doctors) is that not all cancers are actually life-threatening, and more and more refined screening leads to a large number of sometimes-devastating treatments that were not actually necessary.

I'm not a doctor myself and perhaps explained that poorly/inaccurately. Just wanted to share that "Are regular/annual mammograms best practice?" is a real, not-kooky topic among mainstream medical professionals.

Lori's take on it is not knowledgable in any way, but the question itself is legit.

My first downvote.

Early detection is key in all cancers and screenings safe lives.

There was one bullshit study about mammograms not changing survival rates and false positive results and has been disproven many times over.

And yes all cancers are life threatening, with maybe the exeption of very slow growing prostate cancers where old age or other comorbidities like heart problems will kill you first, so no, you probably wouldn't treat a 95 year old with chemo.

I'm graduating from med school in 1 year, so yes I dare say I have some knowledge in the area too, and what I've been thaught is up to date. Cancer treatment (especially breast) has changed a lot in the last couple of years.

"Five year relative survival rates improved in the recent cohort in all tumour stages, to 100% in all tumours 1 cm or smaller and to 98% for tumours between 1 cm and 2 cm."

Influence of tumour stage at breast cancer detection on survival in modern times: population based study in 173 797 patients

Catching cancer early is the most important factor in survival rates. Because as soon as it spreads to the lymphnodes, your survival chances decrease significantly, if it spreads to your bones you will die.

Often the thing that kills you isn't the actual primary tumor, it's the metastasis.

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

My first downvote.

Early detection is key in all cancers and screenings safe lives.

There was one bullshit study about mammograms not changing survival rates and false positive results and has been disproven many times over.

And yes all cancers are life threatening, with maybe the exeption of very slow growing prostate cancers where old age or other comorbidities like heart problems will kill you first, so no, you probably wouldn't treat a 95 year old with chemo.

I'm graduating from med school in 1 year, so yes I dare say I have some knowledge in the area too, and what I've been thaught is up to date. Cancer treatment (especially breast) has changed a lot in the last couple of years.

"Five year relative survival rates improved in the recent cohort in all tumour stages, to 100% in all tumours 1 cm or smaller and to 98% for tumours between 1 cm and 2 cm."

Influence of tumour stage at breast cancer detection on survival in modern times: population based study in 173 797 patients

Catching cancer early is the most important factor in survival rates. Because as soon as it spreads to the lymphnodes, your survival chances decrease significantly, if it spreads to your bones you will die.

Often the thing that kills you isn't the actual primary tumor, it's the metastasis.

I'm not in a position to argue. I'm just reporting that medical concensus in the UK is to perform fewer mammograms.

31 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I'm not in a position to argue. I'm just reporting that medical concensus in the UK is to perform fewer mammograms.

The reason is financial.

UK system is horrible nowadays.

They usually don't do transplants on patients over 65 unless they pay themselves...

Hell, they don't even have enough money for ambulances and paramedics in some regions.

37 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

The reason is financial.

UK system is horrible nowadays.

They usually don't do transplants on patients over 65 unless they pay themselves...

Hell, they don't even have enough money for ambulances and paramedics in some regions.

Look, the NHS has been an enormous blessing to me and my family. Whatever they're doing is a heck of a lot better than what's happening in US health care. I got a same day appointment from the terrific doctor on December 24th this recent Christmas. I'm grateful that not just me but the entire community have access to such quality care.

What I shared is the info I was given BY DOCTORS who agreed with it for medical reasons. Not NHS accountants.

You have registered your disagreement. That's fine! That's good! I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone else to one view over the other. I'm not even sure of what my opinion on the matter is! MY POINT was that real medical doctors discuss this issue and have varying positions on it; it's not just the purview of wackos selling thermography machines.

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

I've also heard this also from a US medical doctor. It is something I am thinking over, in consultation with some MD friends. Basically, they tell me that the best docs are the ones that use their common sense, not the ones that blindly follow studies and protocol. 

Lori's doodle about workplaces being hotbeds of affairs and the fangirl leghumpers chiming in that it's rampant at their/their husbands workplaces make me go hmmmmmmm.

Where do these people work that everyone is carrying on with someone else al the time and everyone knows about it all?

I've worked in a lot of places, with many different kinds of people and can think of only 2 instances where a boss was carrying on.

1) A married professor in grad school who was notoriously sleazy for picking a single woman in her last year of grad study to have an affair with -- because she would have a definite expiration date. While in college my prof had gotten his high school GF pregnant and was forced by his and her father to marry her about 3 months before the baby was due.  The fathers were both profs at the very same college where all the current sleaziness was happening (big college, small town) .  The story was the future prof came home one weekend, got married, and went right back to college and his college GF.  He never stopped acting like a single man.  It was an acknowledged fact he had never ever been faithful. He wasn't the least bit discreet about his affairs.  At the time he was my professor he'd been married about 12 years.  The wife left him a few years later after she completed her Master's in biochemistry.  I heard he remarried several years after that -- one of his much younger GFs who later left him.

2) The Corp Exec who was notorious and a serial harrasser.  He got lucky as often was he was turned down.  He always fired the ones who said no -- until an enterprising young lady recorded him and threatened to sue the company if he didn't settle with her for several 100s of $1000s.  He took her to lunch for exec assts day, made his  proposition and she said no.  He fired her on the spot. She knew his reputation and was prepared with the mini tape recorder -- got the entire thing on tape.

We all knew the story because the exec asst was close friends with the Marketing Director.  Got to hear the tape too. He was absolutely vile and disgusting. Did I mention the Corp Exec's  wife had MS and had recently taken to a wheelchair.  Story was he had been fooling around since she was diagnosed 10 years previously.

Neither of these sleaze bags were tempted and lured into perdition by a jezebel working woman who fulfilled their needs as an office wife and brought them coffee.  They were sleazy cheating cheaters who cheated and would have been cheaters no matter who they worked with

14 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Did ya'll see the doodle about affairs in the workplace?  Sure, it happens occasionally. I've seen a few incidents over the years, but not nearly as common as Lori and the fangirls think, and the incidents I know of were between coworkers, not between a boss and employees. 

I feel like her interpretation came from watching Mad Men or something of that sort? Like you, I know of a few incidents, but only one I know of was a boss-employee and the affair began before he was promoted, so they were originally co-workers. 

I have worked since I was 18 in one way or another. I have literally never been asked to get coffee or do personal tasks for a boss. That also implies that the only jobs women do are administrative assistant type jobs. And maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that asking assistants to get coffee and handle personal tasks is really a thing anymore. My mother was a legal secretary in the mid-60s and said she was never asked to do personal tasks for her male bosses even then. They did have to get coffee for them. When she was in the secretarial pool at General Mills in the late-60s, early 70s, she and two other women led a bit of a mini-revolt that stopped the "get the coffee" routine. They just stopped doing it and the men realized they could go fill their own coffee cups. 

Also, horror of horrors in Lori-land, most of my bosses in my life have been women. 

After telling  or suggesting that the flu vaccine is a government way to make the flu worse so that the govt. can then swoop in and save the day, many fans are saying they won't get the vaccine for themselves or their children. Lori is applauding. Only problem is the people most likely to die are the elderly and children. Why would these nitwits take advice from Lori and not their doctors? This is very dangerous. 

48 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I feel like her interpretation came from watching Mad Men or something of that sort? Like you, I know of a few incidents, but only one I know of was a boss-employee and the affair began before he was promoted, so they were originally co-workers. 

I have worked since I was 18 in one way or another. I have literally never been asked to get coffee or do personal tasks for a boss. That also implies that the only jobs women do are administrative assistant type jobs. And maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that asking assistants to get coffee and handle personal tasks is really a thing anymore. My mother was a legal secretary in the mid-60s and said she was never asked to do personal tasks for her male bosses even then. They did have to get coffee for them. When she was in the secretarial pool at General Mills in the late-60s, early 70s, she and two other women led a bit of a mini-revolt that stopped the "get the coffee" routine. They just stopped doing it and the men realized they could go fill their own coffee cups. 

Also, horror of horrors in Lori-land, most of my bosses in my life have been women. 

She is as misinformed and delusional about "the workplace" as she is everything else outside her tiny bubble. Extramarital affairs can happen in the workplace, but in her lurid imagination they are so frequent that I don't know how anyone would ever get any work done. 

Also, I would guess that the participants are either lonely and unhappy in their own marriages, or they are cheating cheaters who cheat because they can.  Lori's solution (locking up all the women!) would I guess prevent affairs by removing opportunity---but like all of her solutions, it does nothing to address the hearts of the people involved. 

Now she is showing off her bottle of liver supplements she takes on IG. I've heard too many supplements can be bad for you. I'd love to see a list of everything she takes, if someone here feels like doing that.  This brand she uses is $36 on Amazon and you are to take 4 pills a day and that in then only a one month supply. So there goes another $36 of her husband's substance. 4 pills for one supplement? I can imagine she must take about 30 pill a day. 

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

Look, the NHS has been an enormous blessing to me and my family. Whatever they're doing is a heck of a lot better than what's happening in US health care. I got a same day appointment from the terrific doctor on December 24th this recent Christmas. I'm grateful that not just me but the entire community have access to such quality care.

What I shared is the info I was given BY DOCTORS who agreed with it for medical reasons. Not NHS accountants.

You have registered your disagreement. That's fine! That's good! I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone else to one view over the other. I'm not even sure of what my opinion on the matter is! MY POINT was that real medical doctors discuss this issue and have varying positions on it; it's not just the purview of wackos selling thermography machines.

Quoting myself because I'm baffled by the response. Perhaps some are not aware that the NHS is the National Health Service in the UK. I'm expressing gratitude that we all here have access to healthcare, and that these doctors were available--for free, as usual, to all in need--even over Christmas, with not much wait.

It's a fact that here in this country particularly, best practice for the frequency of mammograms is being weighed and considered by mainstream doctors. I thought that was interesting. I'm confused why some are angry about me relaying this. Just don't visit the UK, I guess...

Rest assured, if a man (or woman, for that matter) wants to cheat, they'll manage to find someone with which to cheat. Workplace, home domestic help, students (ugh), family friends, or internet stranger. Lori makes it sound like men trip and their penises accidentally fall into their woman colleagues. 

Her workplace affair doodle irritates me for many reasons.  For one thing, it assumes that women only work in assistant roles, and that all assistants get coffee, etc., and that all bosses are male.  I worked for many years in a professional role, and was a manager myself for a few years.  I never got coffee as part of my duties, and I never asked someone to do so for me.  She is totally clueless as to how companies work.  Large companies wouldn't allow it, though it might still occur in mom and pop shops.  I was in a female-dominated field, so the majority of my bosses were also female.  Her definition of 'submission' in reference to a boss is just asinine.  A manager pays an employee to perform a role, and the person does so for a set period of time a week. No submission, just defined responsibilities while at work, under the manager's guidance.  

Comments from O Death, where is thy sting?:

5a5bbb443a4ad_bookplug.JPG.b1918eee3b88b417f3ca0c4c07ed2982.JPG

Maybe it's BEC, but this strikes me as Lori using her mother's grave illness as an opportunity to plug her book.  As in, "Look! My book is so important my mom asked for it on her death bed!"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived