IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

@Loveday basically I think he's saying that a man should also treat his wife well as a Christian. Balancing out Lori's view because he has to clean up her mess. 

In many ways these saying are attempts to remove responsibility from those teaching patriarchy when someone misuses his power. It's saying true Christian husbands would never beat their wives, it has nothing to do with our teachings! It's safety measures in my opinion because they fail to see how interconnected it is but also know they'll face blame (probably rightfully so).

For example, Lori or someone mentioned that men just command more respect and therefore make better teachers. Now when you teach this concept to children naturally they will take this and run with it. The natural result is children showing disrespect to women because apparently they don't command it anyways. However, comps don't conclude "oh maybe we're teaching them the wrong thing!" Instead it's "see we're right all along! Women compand less respect!" Confirmation bias. 

Thats kinda a side rant but one that annoys the cognitive behavioralist in me to no end. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are famous ... orthodontists? 

I don't know why but I laughed so hard at this!!

I'm still new to Lori and her ridiculous fundamentalism and I enjoy reading all the comments from everyone here! I seriously don't get why she would want to leave San Diego. As far as we're concerned around here, San Diego is about as close as you can get to paradise without going all the way to Hawaii. Way too expensive for me to ever live in but they seem like they have a lot of money.

I'll be curious to see how she copes if/when they do move. It sure will be a culture shock!

KAK says:    
January 12, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Trey – I absolutely DESERVE to be treated like a princess and cherished by my husband not because I am a woman, but because I am his wife. Just as he deserves to be loved, respected, admired and treated like a king because he is my husband. We vowed to treat each other like this, for the rest of our lives, on the day that we got married.

I understand that people get bitter and resentful – I’ve been there. And of course we have deviated from that promise we made to each other, and we paid for it.

But yes, I absolutely believe that I DESERVE to be treated well by my husband, simply because I am his wife. And he DESERVES to be treated well by me, simply because he is my husband. Neither of us should have to do anything to earn this – it should be automatically given because of who we each are to the other person. When one half of the marriage decides their spouse does not deserve this, the marriage is in trouble.

Lori Alexander says:    
    January 12, 2018 at 3:26 pm

We deserve nothing but God’s wrath.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

KAK says:    
January 12, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Trey – I absolutely DESERVE to be treated like a princess and cherished by my husband not because I am a woman, but because I am his wife. Just as he deserves to be loved, respected, admired and treated like a king because he is my husband. We vowed to treat each other like this, for the rest of our lives, on the day that we got married.

I understand that people get bitter and resentful – I’ve been there. And of course we have deviated from that promise we made to each other, and we paid for it.

But yes, I absolutely believe that I DESERVE to be treated well by my husband, simply because I am his wife. And he DESERVES to be treated well by me, simply because he is my husband. Neither of us should have to do anything to earn this – it should be automatically given because of who we each are to the other person. When one half of the marriage decides their spouse does not deserve this, the marriage is in trouble.

Lori Alexander says:    

What? God's wrath? Really? I like AlwaysD's answer better.

She needs to take her prune-faced, flat-chested self and find a 40 hour a week job to keep her mind occupied.  Oh, and get laid properly.

How can she say we deserve nothing but God's wrath when she is always preaching just the opposite. 

She is the one who always writes that Christians are not wretched. Christians are no longer sinners. Christians are new and spotless creatures who never need to repent of theirs sins - all according to Lori. 

If all of this is true, why are we only deserving of His wrath??!? If all of this is true, wouldn't God expect us to treat each other as the treasures Lori insists we all are?!? 

Huh?? HUH, Lori?!? 

Gird your loins. She's putting together a new book with the doodles. Handwriting for Handmaidens or some shit like that. Meat for Helpmeets... She is so delusional about her abilities. 

8 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Gird your loins. She's putting together a new book with the doodles. Handwriting for Handmaidens or some shit like that. Meat for Helpmeets... She is so delusional about her abilities. 

Well, if it's just a matter of using all her previously posted doodles that we've all read and snarked on, she won't be able to protest reviews by people who didn't actually buy the book, right? :my_biggrin:

I'm cleaning windows- FB break- then wash floors and make pot roast. Feminists be jealous!

One of her supporters left this comment, and I'm puzzled as to the point. Today it snowed, and my class was cancelled and work was closed. Since it's the first day off my crutches, I scrubbed my bathroom and then made shredded chicken in my crock pot. I also watered my poor, neglected plants. Oh, and I had a nice conversation with a gentleman who admires my intellect and then caught up on my classwork for next week. All this, as a feminist. Go figure. 

@ViolaSebastian suuurrre you made some dinner & cleaned a bathroom.... but were the children spotless & silent (potentially including furkids) ??? Were you presentable & ready for your headship??? Or, are you...*gasp*... single?!?  And don't think we missed those neglected plants!  If you were home, where you belong, those plants would be nourished! Nourished I tell ya! 

//wine induced sarcasm// :wine::wine:

31 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

One of her supporters left this comment, and I'm puzzled as to the point. Today it snowed, and my class was cancelled and work was closed. Since it's the first day off my crutches, I scrubbed my bathroom and then made shredded chicken in my crock pot. I also watered my poor, neglected plants. Oh, and I had a nice conversation with a gentleman who admires my intellect and then caught up on my classwork for next week. All this, as a feminist. Go figure. 

I saw that comment too and couldn’t figure out why I’m supposed to be jealous. That’s life for most people- working or not working,  as far as I’m aware. 

There’s also this exchange on the blog post:

Debbie: That’s the kind of wife I strive to be every single day! Please know that I’m continuing to pray for your sister. Tell me, how is she doing? Also, are you affected by the mud slides? Praying for everyone involved.

Lori’s response: Thank you, Debbie! I sure appreciate that. Yes, they are doing great but moving from home to home. They finally found a rental that they will be living in while their home is rebuilt.

No, we aren’t near the mudslides but we have friends who live in Santa Barbara. The devastation is terrible.

Why wouldn’t Lori open her home to her sister? That’s terrible that they have had to move from home to home. I would never do that to family or even many friends. 

6 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Why wouldn’t Lori open her home to her sister? That’s terrible that they have had to move from home to home. I would never do that to family or even many friends. 

I'm guessing here but maybe she did offer and sis declined. I know I would if Lori was my sister. Can you imagine being under her microscope 24/7? God's wrath would be upon you for flossing your teeth with the bathroom door open. Or how about buying a bag of non-organic groceries and popping a tub of Ben and Jerry's into the freezer? Or horror upon horrors, walking around in shorts with no bra on under your t-shirt and finding Ken leering at you from a dark corner? Ugh. I'd rather stay at the Marriot than be Lori's guest. 

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

Great! Since I've read her doodles, I can write a review.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm puzzled too. Isn't cleaning house and cooking something we all have to do --to survive. Why would I be jealous, of all things? I don't think her day sounds that exciting. It sounds like the same buncha stuff I do every day as a feminist.

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I'm guessing here but maybe she did offer and sis declined. I know I would if Lori was my sister. Can you imagine being under her microscope 24/7? God's wrath would be upon you for flossing your teeth with the bathroom door open. Or how about buying a bag of non-organic groceries and popping a tub of Ben and Jerry's into the freezer? Or horror upon horrors, walking around in shorts with no bra on under your t-shirt and finding Ken leering at you from a dark corner? Ugh. I'd rather stay at the Marriot than be Lori's guest. 

She claimed that sis declined. She'd like to eat more than her portion in peace.

@SuperNova Point taken. I dare say I would sleep in my car before staying with Lori. Her response was just weird to me, but I like to think I’m kind, compassionate, caring, and , well, normal. 

Doesn't Lori other's sister live nearby too? Maybe, the sis who lost her house is staying with that sis or the parents.  I totally get why someone wouldn't stay with Lori. I think her sisters and other relatives know that she's a major cunt and avoid staying with her.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@ViolaSebastian suuurrre you made some dinner & cleaned a bathroom.... but were the children spotless & silent (potentially including furkids) ??? Were you presentable & ready for your headship??? Or, are you...*gasp*... single?!?  And don't think we missed those neglected plants!  If you were home, where you belong, those plants would be nourished! Nourished I tell ya! 

//wine induced sarcasm// :wine::wine:

I accept that I'm a bad plant mom. I blame it on my poor health. Plz send nannies from heaven to hold my poor plants for hours while they cry. 

ETA: And a housekeeper. Think of all the nourishing plant food I could get with time freed up by not cleaning!

4 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

She needs to take her prune-faced, flat-chested self and find a 40 hour a week job to keep her mind occupied.  Oh, and get laid properly.

I agree with all of it except the getting laid properly part.  She doesn't deserve it.  No pleasure, just soul crushing wprk picking up rat poop or something.  I know!  She can serve by cleaning up hoarders' houses.  But, alone because I don't feel the hoarders deserve her near them.  For low pay, of course.  To pay rent in her studio apartment where she lives alone. :D

Wait, feminists don't cook or clean?? What have I been doing with myself? I shall stop cooking and cleaning. From now on I'll survive on the hatred of men that burns deep within my feminist heart. I'll be fueled by my loud, Jezebel spirit. Totally unstoppable in my evolved feminist state. (Cue dramatic music) 

P.s Lori, that's sarcasm right there just in case you didn't know. 

P.s.s for everyone else, that comment is born out of being tired, having too much sugar, and being energized by my sister visiting. Whenever she's around we both get more sassy, hyper, and sarcastic. Tired and hyper at the same time is a strange mix.  

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Wait, feminists don't cook or clean?? What have I been doing with myself? I shall stop cooking and cleaning. From now on I'll survive on the hatred of men that burns deep within my feminist heart. I'll be fueled by my loud, Jezebel spirit. Totally unstoppable in my evolved feminist state. (Cue dramatic music) 

P.s Lori, that's sarcasm right there just in case you didn't know. 

P.s.s for everyone else, that comment is born out of being tired, having too much sugar, and being energized by my sister visiting. Whenever she's around we both get more sassy, hyper, and sarcastic. Tired and hyper at the same time is a strange mix.  

I'm pleased to know as a feminist I don't have to cook or clean. My feminist self worked on 3 of my 5 jobs today (doing a lot of different things to make ends meet) and still managed to do a load of laundry, cook dinner, take care of the fur babies because the kids have moved out. Mister might have had to put up with my Star Wars pj pants and no makeup when he got home, but he got a roast chicken out of the deal, so I'm sure he's fine. 

As a feminist, should I stop taking care of the house? Should I starve the fur babies? I need guidance on how to be a proper feminist. 

ETA: mister cleaned the kitchen after dinner at his own request. Should I have tackled him so he didn't do it? I thought I was supposed to obey my husband. 

Seriously. I must be a sucker.  I didn't know I was not supposed to cook and clean and raise my kids due to my self esteem, self worth and general feminist leanings.  Wow, I have so much time now.  What shall I do?  Start a "I teach women's blog" with all the social media trappings.  I would be cold, uncaring, and delusional.  Repetative.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  Oh, wait....thats for godly mentors. Dang.  

On 11/01/2018 at 9:32 PM, fundamentallyfearless said:

http://drcate.com/thermograms-versus-mammograms-which-test-is-best/

Here ya go Lori. We know you read. Now go read this. Please. For the love of God who is actually loving.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending Lori!!! 

That link you provided is good, and in that post the author links to another relevant post: http://drcate.com/breast-cancer-is-early-detection-a-good-thing/

This post lines up with what I've been medically advised in the UK. Here they are using mammograms much less often than in America. As I understand it, mammograms increase the amount of cancers found and treated by a large amount, but don't change the number of lives saved by a similarly large amount. The proposed conclusion I've been told (by actual medical doctors, specifically women who are doctors) is that not all cancers are actually life-threatening, and more and more refined screening leads to a large number of sometimes-devastating treatments that were not actually necessary.

I'm not a doctor myself and perhaps explained that poorly/inaccurately. Just wanted to share that "Are regular/annual mammograms best practice?" is a real, not-kooky topic among mainstream medical professionals.

Lori's take on it is not knowledgable in any way, but the question itself is legit.

Lori Alexander says:

Okay, this really upsets me. Fair warning to you all, I'm about to get theological, all beliefs are my own.

I believe that as sinners we do deserve God's wrath, and there is nothing that we can do to 'earn' our way into heaven. Not wearing only skirts, not by being a 'keeper at home', not by popping out eleventy million kids. (Basically, all the works that Lori preaches on her blog are not going to get us square with the Almighty.) That's why we needed a Savior, Jesus, who paid the price for our sins.

Does this mean that we get to go out and murder people without punishment? Nope. Does this mean we get to drive a 17 year old girl into the woods, tell her to give us a BJ, fondle her, and continue in ministry (looking at YOU, Andy Savage)? Nope. We still need forgiveness and, at times, earthly punishment in the form of criminal courts.

Lori's words are like ending the story of Hansel and Gretel at the point where the witch is going to eat Hansel for her supper. There's more to the story. And it's a happy ending.  She's such a hateful shrew.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived