IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

So does anyone else’s think today’s post is a passive aggressive jab at Alyssa? In her post she suggests that if you clean your home you won’t need to go to the gym for exercise. 

Alyssa never mentions going to the gym. She is a dance instructor and teaches dance.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Alyssa never mentions going to the gym. She is a dance instructor and teaches dance.

She’s a barre instructor and often posts instastories that say “meet me at the barre”. Barre is a workout program that incorporates Pilates, dance, yoga, and functional training- it uses the barre plus other equipment like hand weights. We have one in my community- you pay a monthly or per class fee just like you would at a gym and I know people that do that in lieu of other gyms. A friend who lives a couple hours ago was big into it a few years ago. She’s petite anyway but the classes really sculpted her body very quickly. 

Here is the link: https://www.xtendbarre.com/studio/xtend-barre-sea/

She’s also a certified personal trainer. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Does Lori know the difference? 

We were taught Eve was wrong, but Adam was *more* wrong, b/c while Eve was deceived into doing it, Adam knew exactly what he was doing and was actively rebelling.

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

In her post she suggests that if you clean your home you won’t need to go to the gym for exercise. 

Maybe if someone's home is enormous...  :rolleyes: Cleaning my place is never more than a couple hours of light exercise once or twice a month! Not to mention, so much of cleaning today is automated or done with appliances that are lighter and more portable than ever. I can't imagine most people getting an adequate workout from cleaning, unless you're counting yardwork, too. 

I am eagerly waiting to hear what Lori has to say about the Turpin family. Anyone else? Me thinks she will be silent on this one. I'd like see her argue how public school would have made these kids lives worse. 

4 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

In my theological studies (at an evangelical seminary), this would be an emphatic "no" with regard to theology proper.  But there is a LOT of "bad theology" out there in churches; especially those that do not value theological education for pastors.

We were taught that Adam merited a harsher punishment/responsibility than Eve because he (1) was told directly not to do it.  (2) He witnessed Eve's rebellion, and (3) He chose to disobey anyway.   Anything about Eve actively persuading him is an argument from silence.   We were taught to stick to what is written and resist the urge to make up explanations to fill in gaps.  

I agree. Genesis 3:6 says "she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate." Nothing about Eve convincing him.

30 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am eagerly waiting to hear what Lori has to say about the Turpin family. Anyone else? Me thinks she will be silent on this one. I'd like see her argue how public school would have made these kids lives worse. 

If she has even 2 brain cells left to rub together in her head, she will leave it alone.  If she does comment, I'm kind of wondering what her buddy Dave will have to say, the guy who said that wives had to obey their husbands even if he commands them to help abuse their children. 

Eve definitely sounds like the wiser one. She took some persuading... whereas Adam was just like “ooh ok I’ll eat it”, forgetting that they’d both been told not to. 

38 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

If she has even 2 brain cells left to rub together in her head, she will leave it alone. 

In other words, we can expect a nice long disgusting post about it very soon. 

I believe Ken would ride in on his horse of truth and find ways to justfy "restraining" children as a form of discipline. I think he will work himself into a spitting tizzy trying to minimize this couple's actions. He and Lori are such black and white thinkers, they probably think condemning this torture is the same as condemning their own belief in spanking. 

I am halfway expecting a post from one of them soon. And then I am expecting my head to explode in rage after reading it. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Eve definitely sounds like the wiser one. She took some persuading... whereas Adam was just like “ooh ok I’ll eat it”, forgetting that they’d both been told not to. 

Yes! The serpent had to convince Eve. She told the serpent God had said not to eat. There is nothing that says Adam even thought before he ate.

37 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yes! The serpent had to convince Eve. She told the serpent God had said not to eat. There is nothing that says Adam even thought before he ate.

If he's anything like my husband, there is no thought before eating!  If it's there, it's gone! :)

But seriously, Lori is an idiot.

I was wondering about how Lori will react to millions of overseas workers here who leave their families for months and years at a time. Wages here are about $6 to $10 per day, so when they work abroad, people get at least double or triple that amount. Maybe she'll just say that with God, nothing is impossible.

59 minutes ago, Briefly said:

If he's anything like my husband, there is no thought before eating!  If it's there, it's gone! :)

Sounds like Ken, too! Perhaps the 'fruit' in the garden was a banana?

53 minutes ago, Joyce said:

I was wondering about how Lori will react to millions of overseas workers here who leave their families for months and years at a time. Wages here are about $6 to $10 per day, so when they work abroad, people get at least double or triple that amount. Maybe she'll just say that with God, nothing is impossible.

Lori would shit a brick if she met some of the people I worked with back in Iraq. They left their families back in India to take better jobs with KBR (or whatever replaced them). Here's the kicker-they worked in the dining facilities cooking food, they did laundry, and they cleaned. Talk about a reverse of gender roles!

I remember when I went to Moldova there were a lot of kids who had both parents working out of country in order to keep them a live. They often lived with their grandparents I guess. I wonder how she'd feel about the mother leaving their kids behind to work like that. She'd probably say they wanted some sort of luxury like a roof over their heads or consistent food.

There was some discussion about Lori possibly moving to TN.  She would get eaten alive by us southern women.  You have your southern Belles who will "bless your heart", and then there are the redneck women. I'd like to see Lori take on Gretchen Wilson. 

*for peeps outside the US, these are not typical American women, but you don't want to mess with them. LOL*

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

But seriously, Lori is an idiot.

Are we married to the same man? I often wonder if he even tastes what he eats! No thinking, just "hmm...food...hungry...eat...." Lather, rinse, repeat!

@Free Jana Duggar Gretchen would eat Lori alive...but so would any other half-decent Southern woman. Hell...this dumbass redneck would eat her for supper. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here is one for the books. I haven't seen it but its wrong!!

haventseenitbut its wrong.PNG

Wow, her privilege and ignorance is flashing red here. She has no fucking clue how most of the world lives and that not working and staying home is luxury. You don't get an option to not work, stupid ass. You work to try and not starve to death. Many parents, sometimes both, are forced to live away from their children just to be sure their children aren't going to die of starvation and have a roof over their head to stay warm and dry. The family going with them is not an option. The parents are working somewhere that doesn't allow the family to join or the location is too dangerous for their family to join or many similar reasons related to bureaucracy, finances, safety and health. It's not a situation of dad's big company wants to move him from sunny San Diego to Boston or Paris and mom has a job too that she just doesn't want to leave. Obviously families in these situations have to decide what is best for everyone, but it's not a simple middle or upper class decision we are talking about. Families being apart far away for financial reasons are rarely are middle to upper class. 

First world problems are the only problems Lori can comprehend. Your privilege is showing bright, Lori. I would advise you to check on it. 

hey folks,

I finally got the Lori Alexander Accountability Group started. You can find it here:

There is a regular forum, one for Koala to post her wonderful contridictions so she doesn't have to keep posting the same thing over and over they can be typed up once and linked to and an area for screenshots so they are all kept together so they can be linked to vs having to wade through so many threads to find them.

I also started a forum for discussion on her book.  I have the intro post of my review up there right now.  I'm hoping to get a couple more chapters done today, as well.

Feel free to start specific threads there if you want to discuss or showcase something specific rather than it being lost in the megathreads in snark :)

I don't think Loriken will tackle the Turpin story. I think they might actually agree with restraining children. But, I think Ken still has worries about his business being fucked because of Lori's blog. I know he kept defending Josh Duggar. But, I think he does worry about clients or other contacts finding Lori's blog and seeing both of them defending child abuse, spousal abuse, and the many comments trashing working women.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived