IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

On the other hand, if Kendra is extremely blessed with lots of blessings, particularly male at first, they would have the closest access to auntie Moms. 

Also, Michelle could take over their laundry, as Grandma Mary did. Turnabout is fair play! (Yes, I know that will never happen.)

Bold mine.

That almost made me spit out my tater tot casserole!  :laughing-rolling:  When Michelle's kids are all grown---can you even imagine her moving into one of their houses and becoming a full time washerwoman like Grandma Mary did?  I always cringed when they described how Mary did that.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Bold mine.

That almost made me spit out my tater tot casserole!  :laughing-rolling:  When Michelle's kids are all grown---can you even imagine her moving into one of their houses and becoming a full time washerwoman like Grandma Mary did?  I always cringed when they described how Mary did that.

Truthfully, no. She'll remember Precious Miracle Josie, probably Josh and Jana, her right hand woman, and the rest- we'll they're just a blur! But she delivered every one! So, she'll live with Josh, Jana, or Josie, not the whatshernames or whatshisnames.

9 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I thought the plan was for all the kids to have houses on the property at some point

He mentioned it on one of the first specials because they had 20 acres. 

14 hours ago, Scribber said:

I am not in the slightest jealous. I’m happy for her, but I’m thinking if I have my wedding to do again? I run to Vegas, get married in my jeans, and use all that money for my house. 

I tell people this all the time! We are coming up on our 10 year anniversary and while 21 year old me got exactly what she wanted, 31 year old me would 100% elope and keep the money. Hindsight is 20/20, right? Upside is 10 years later I would also keep the groom, so there is an upside ;)

I suspect that Joe is being groomed to take over the family business at some point.  He seems to get along with everyone, is diligent, handy, and scandal-free.  I'm not surprised that he's living right by the TTH, at least for now.  And Kendra, for all we know, might really like having a lot of people around when Joe's working.

31 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

I tell people this all the time! We are coming up on our 10 year anniversary and while 21 year old me got exactly what she wanted, 31 year old me would 100% elope and keep the money. Hindsight is 20/20, right? Upside is 10 years later I would also keep the groom, so there is an upside ;)

This is nearly exactly my situation but we've been married a bit longer.  I wouldn't do a big wedding again but we have friends who talked about that party for years.  Good old small town weddings with loonie bars. 

I have to give my parents credit for staying cool about everything.  If my daughters get married at the age I did I won't be very excited.

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

He mentioned it on one of the first specials because they had 20 acres. 

Yes, the closer they are the more control he has.  But Jeremy and Austin won't stand for that, at least not at the moment. I'm sure there will be others and not just Duggar in laws, I'm sure at least a couple of the males will be like SEE YA FAM! and take their new helpmeets and get out of Duggarville.

No one could spell "happily" on the car?! SOTDRT fail?!

Picture taken from my tv, sorry for the carpet reflection - lol. 

IMG_6174.JPG

Having watched the wedding episode, I just want to send a big F-U to the person who choose 'Butterfly Kisses.' I despise that song and now its in my head.

Spoiler

tChb8tv.gif

After looking through the pictures, I'm surprised that they did a first look! I think they're the first couple to do so? And if they didn't do one, it's weird of them to take pictures of them doing one....

Wedding was beautiful and the colors are very in right now, but they are also classic colors (my moms early 90s wedding was pale pink and greenery with white flowers).

12 minutes ago, hand holder said:

After looking through the pictures, I'm surprised that they did a first look! I think they're the first couple to do so? And if they didn't do one, it's weird of them to take pictures of them doing one....

Wedding was beautiful and the colors are very in right now, but they are also classic colors (my moms early 90s wedding was pale pink and greenery with white flowers).

I know Austin and Joy did one. I feel like Jill and Derick might have done one also. 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I know Austin and Joy did one. I feel like Jill and Derick might have done one also. 

Definitely, Jill and Derick did the one outside under the eaves of the church building. 

Image of their first look under the spoiler so no one has to look at Derick who doesn't choose to.

Spoiler

5abc68a6e9ee1_JillDerickFirstLook.PNG.6ba52fadd18725d586f8530465298236.PNG

On 3/27/2018 at 10:27 PM, singsingsing said:

I totally can. I would seriously consider it if it were legal in my city. But I feel like you have to have a really good relationship with your parents and a really good understanding of personal space and each unit's independence to make it work. I could definitely make it work with my mother and her husband. Not so sure about other family members. The Duggars? NO THANKS. Something tells me they're not really the sort who respect personal space, privacy, and the independence of their adult children...

Jeremy is brighter than most of us give him credit for. "No visitors for 6 months" seems to have worked out wonderfully for Jinger and him.  Austin said it would not work for Joy-Anna and him because he couldn't see Josie at his home all the time and Ben and Jessa live about 15 minutes away so that limits 'drop-ins'.  Let's take a "wait and see" attitude about how the dynamics work for Joseph and Kendra.

50 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Jeremy is brighter than most of us give him credit for. "No visitors for 6 months" seems to have worked out wonderfully for Jinger and him.  Austin said it would not work for Joy-Anna and him because he couldn't see Josie at his home all the time and Ben and Jessa live about 15 minutes away so that limits 'drop-ins'.  Let's take a "wait and see" attitude about how the dynamics work for Joseph and Kendra.

Living 15 minutes away limits drop-ins more than living 15 seconds away, I suppose. Austin said they couldn’t do the no visitors for six months thing because of Josie? Sorry, I must be misunderstanding!

I have to disagree about Jeremy. I actually think he’s a lot stupider than most people give him credit for. 

I think the suits, old books and his clean and spotless look (usually) make him seem a lot more sophisticated than he might be in reality :D He's probably just good at presenting himself. Personally, I don't like that clean and polished look at all but many girls I know are really into that type of guy when they're actors or professional athlets... And there are many men that are good at sports but not very educated. I mean, that's fine, everybody has got other talents, but some people really receive a lot of attention and appreciation just for looking good and having a sixpack while those that aren't that "good looking" or super sporty are looked down upon even if they are really educated. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Living 15 minutes away limits drop-ins more than living 15 seconds away, I suppose. Austin said they couldn’t do the no visitors for six months thing because of Josie? Sorry, I must be misunderstanding!

Austin said he couldn't live as close to his family/in-laws as Joe and Kendra are. Ben was the one who made the comment about Josie, Jessa said if they lived as close to the TTH as JoKen then they would need to enforce more boundaries, and Ben chimed in that they wouldn't want Josie randomly knocking on their door (as an example).

It sounded to me as if Josie would wander off to whose ever house was on the property to visit... and show up at a potentially awkward time.

12 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You marry a Duggar you marry the whole family. It is what it is.

You marry ANYBODY and you marry the whole family.

There are several very successful people who do not have post high school education, but they are few and far between. Like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet type successful. You can probably count on 1 or 2 hands the number of people who  have reached this level of success in the business world with out already being 3/4 of the way there already (ala Trump, Dubya, Romney).

Buffett has degrees from Penn, the University of Nebraska and Columbia.

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Both did. 

I realized I'm kind of late to the party, but I just watched the episode with Joe's wedding. Quick thoughts: 

1) Kendra thought the day would never come? She's 19. How is a 35-year old bride going to feel :D 
2) Joe seems really nice. I like him. Kendra giggles a lot. I don't know how much they actually have in common. It just really seems like Kendra is still super attached to her parents, and this is their first love. Whether that means that they'll actually make it through life together is sort of a different question. I do wish them all the best though. 
3) Joy seems so defeated at the end. What's in the future? Just babies and engagements and weddings for everyone. That's it. I mean, not that those things aren't fun, but it's the only thing they ever do. And they just seem to miss out on so many things. When I think about kids in the future, I'm excited for their first day of school, their graduation days, recitals/performances/competitions/plays, summer holidays together, sleepovers and watching horror movies together and comforting them through the trials and tribulations of childhood and the teenage years. But it really seems like these families won't do any of those things. That makes having children sound much less fun. After all, it's just the same thing over and over again, and it seems like the life paths of this new generation of children is already set out for them. 

1 hour ago, FundieCentral said:

3) Joy seems so defeated at the end. What's in the future? Just babies and engagements and weddings for everyone. That's it. I mean, not that those things aren't fun, but it's the only thing they ever do. And they just seem to miss out on so many things. 

joy had the same kind of sadness around her ‘graduation’ too, where she tried to play the ‘holier than thou’ card on her big party instead of a regular graduation, and then talked about how she’d just stay at home and help with the kids. Such a Boring outlook to life- they really don’t give these kids big things to look forward too. I was so excited for my wedding and marriage. But I was also excited about my college grad, my first big girl job, tracking, my first car, my cats, my first home, my husband and I becoming parents and then experiencing all that with our kids. And it makes me sad that these kids are literally taught to only be excited about marriage and kids and then... nothing. Nothing about the kids futures. Nothing even remotely to hold on to as a fun, new, exciting family adventure. 

I mean, Jessa’s been doing the same thing since Spurgeon was born. I wonder what her answer would be if asked what she’s excited about in the future. I feel her answer would be how there’s not a lot because she’s been there, done that, of all the ‘big’ things their version of life brings. She’s checked every box, now it’s just 40 years of the same thing, with a new kid every few years. Nothing exciting for her future. 

4 minutes ago, GreatScott said:

joy had the same kind of sadness around her ‘graduation’ too, where she tried to play the ‘holier than thou’ card on her big party instead of a regular graduation, and then talked about how she’d just stay at home and help with the kids. Such a Boring outlook to life- they really don’t give these kids big things to look forward too. I was so excited for my wedding and marriage. But I was also excited about my college grad, my first big girl job, tracking, my first car, my cats, my first home, my husband and I becoming parents and then experiencing all that with our kids. And it makes me sad that these kids are literally taught to only be excited about marriage and kids and then... nothing. Nothing about the kids futures. Nothing even remotely to hold on to as a fun, new, exciting family adventure. 

I mean, Jessa’s been doing the same thing since Spurgeon was born. I wonder what her answer would be if asked what she’s excited about in the future. I feel her answer would be how there’s not a lot because she’s been there, done that, of all the ‘big’ things their version of life brings. She’s checked every box, now it’s just 40 years of the same thing, with a new kid every few years. Nothing exciting for her future. 

Did she say that?  It seems to me that Jessa would actually be excited about her boys getting bigger and growing up.  She has a connection to them, she isn't only interested in teaching them the Bible, she wants to know them.  Or so it appears.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived