IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

If Jinger has a baby Jeremy is going to have his own personal soccer team to coach made up of the Duggar grandsons.  What are we up to? 6 possibly 7 boys?  Dang!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

If Jinger has a baby Jeremy is going to have his own personal soccer team to coach made up of the Duggar grandsons.  What are we up to? 6 possibly 7 boys?  Dang!

There are 12 Duggar grandkids, including JoKen and JinJer's unborn babies, and we know that 9 of them are boys. Baby Vuolo could make 10!

Shout out to K-12! I only went to one of their schools for 3/4ths of a year but it saved my life. I had some hard core bulling and a quarter of the way through Sophmore year I realized if I stayed at that school I’d kill myself. So I hopped on the internet and looked at my options. Thank goodness one of the online schools would accept me part way through the semester. The books and materials they sent me were top notch and the experiments were super fun. My parents were not my teachers at all, although they would help me with my homework etc. I would go to my dads office during the day (he is a university professor) and sit at a spare desk. I ended up going to the psych ward during the winter and the school was wonderful about it which I wouldn’t have expected from my old school. I did decide to go to a brick and mortar school for junior and senior year but I am so glad that K-12 gave me the option to get out of a toxic situation.

part of me  forgets about Joe and Kendra because they have no social media presence so we only see what's on the show. which is actually smart of them less chance to step in it and get kicked off the show I guess. it also does make me a tad curious about them when I do think of them.  

I homeschooled for 2 years.  Secular, at that. My son ended up skipping kindergarten..went straight from preschool to 1st grade work. I know it isn't for everyone. Anyway, #2 decided he wanted to go to public school this year, so now he's in 2nd.

Except I live in West Virginia and my kids haven't been in school for 8 days now. But I definitely support our teachers and what they're striking for. 

16 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

part of me  forgets about Joe and Kendra because they have no social media presence so we only see what's on the show. which is actually smart of them less chance to step in it and get kicked off the show I guess. it also does make me a tad curious about them when I do think of them.  

Funny---I just saw the thread title and thought--"Oh yeah--them!  I totally forgot that they were a couple, married, and pregnant!"

Joe and Kendra mind-numbingly boring. They seem like a friendly, simple couple with nothing that sets them apart or makes them even remotely interesting for an audience.

I wouldn't mind if they settled into their life, were featured very rarely on the show, and raised their kids in a home as happy as a fundie one can be. No need to provide any updates beyond a new pregnancy and birth announcement every 2 years. *snooze*

I happened across the episode last night where she went to pick out her wedding dress and he surprised her by getting a cake? 

Oy. that was boring. Like watching paint dry. And she seems so.darn.YOUNG. I kept looking at her picking out her wedding dress (thinking should be picking out a prom dress) and thinking "You're about to be someone's MOM..." And then seeing her own Mom? Who I don't think is too terribly far off my age and I think my head exploded.

The cake bit was so PAINFUL to watch. It was so completely scripted, and Joe was awkward AF. I had to give the girl credit for trying to keep it running smoothly. I actually cringed when he was like, "so, uh, you'll like drop it off?"

And I agree with whichever poster thought that they kept the cake facing the same way because they had already done a K on it. 

2 hours ago, viii said:

The cake bit was so PAINFUL to watch. It was so completely scripted, and Joe was awkward AF. I had to give the girl credit for trying to keep it running smoothly. I actually cringed when he was like, "so, uh, you'll like drop it off?"

And I agree with whichever poster thought that they kept the cake facing the same way because they had already done a K on it. 

I also quite enjoyed when he, in typical Duggar fashion, said to the woman “Um you pick the cake, you’re a girl.” Not because she’s a baker. Because she’s a girl. Maybe she doesn’t like sparkles and giggles like Kendra, Joe. Not all girls are the same, not that Duggars believe that. 

Kendra is like a human My Little Pony. Made up entirely of sparkles, giggles, and sunshine.

On 2018-02-26 at 10:39 AM, VineHeart137 said:

There are 12 Duggar grandkids, including JoKen and JinJer's unborn babies, and we know that 9 of them are boys. Baby Vuolo could make 10!

I don't follow the Bates as closely as the Duggars, but was looking at their list of grandkids on Wikipedia today. Looks like they're getting all the girl babies (6/8 of the total, including the two that are on the way). This has me wondering if a Bates/Duggar marriage pairing could happen in the next generation. Israel and Brooklyn? Spurgeon and Zoey Joy? Mason and Lexie Mae?

**Humming "Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match..."

On 2/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, viii said:

Except they are taught to push girls down. They are taught how to treat women, how to speak to them, what to expect of them, and so much more. 

Is it rough to be a girl in a fundie world? Absolutely. It's not any easier for boys though, and they have their own battles and scars. I think it's tacky to wish infertility on anyone, but I don't think you can wish one sex over the other because both have pros/cons. 

As someone who lived it, I will say with all certainty that it is MUCH more difficult being raised as a fundie girl as opposed to boy. MUCH more difficult!!!

On 2/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, viii said:

When it comes down to it - it's not a competition. Both boys and girls are damaged within a fundie atmosphere. 

I do agree 100% with that!

I was home schooled and HATED it! Mostly because my biological mother (she is NOT my mom....mom's are loving and supportive) and I clashed heads SO badly! I'm pretty sure I reminded her too much of herself and she used to beat the shit out of me. She did horrible horrible stuff to me and since I was home schooled there was literally no escape. It was terrible. I contemplated suicide so many times growing up just to get away from the abuse. On another note, she was a horrible teacher (and I was a horrible student) so I didn't learn much at all. I find myself in some embarassing situations because I don't have basic knowledge of many things. I personally would never subject my children to that. 

@VeryNikeSeamstress I've thought about it too, considering that we're unlikely to have a Duggar-Bates matchup this generation (just from the ages of the kids and who's already paired off). My guess is whichever families stay the most involved with Gothard will be looking to pair up their kids. So...Duggar boys' kids with Bates girls' kids at this point? The Duggar girls' husbands seem to not be quite so tied to IBLP and may end up being considered "theologically unsuitable" by the Gothard royalty, what with Ben's Calvinism etc. Correct me if I'm wrong. Idle speculation :embarrassed:

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

As someone who lived it, I will say with all certainty that it is MUCH more difficult being raised as a fundie girl as opposed to boy. MUCH more difficult!!!

Absolutely. Girls just don't get the same opportunities, choices, and privileges that boys do. It's a patriarchal culture and just because there can be difficulties for boys doesn't mean it's as difficult to be a boy in that culture as it is to be a girl.

A little off topic and BEC 

But I just watched the Kendra dress episode and when I hear all these people say Kindra all I can think of is the Benessa wedding and "Binjerman" 

Carry on. 

I now have a special ‘fundies pregnant or giving birth to male children’ dance.  Best news I’ve had today.:dramallama-nanner:

16 hours ago, LacyMay said:

A little off topic and BEC 

But I just watched the Kendra dress episode and when I hear all these people say Kindra all I can think of is the Benessa wedding and "Binjerman" 

Carry on. 

Oh my god. I will never forget Benjerman. That was so completely cringeworthy.

Binjerman! I was taking a break from FJ/social media back then, and I remember watching it, hearing him say 'Binjerman' and immediately thinking, "FJ is going to LOVE this."

22 hours ago, mollysmom said:

As someone who lived it, I will say with all certainty that it is MUCH more difficult being raised as a fundie girl as opposed to boy. MUCH more difficult!!

As someone who has also lived it, I do think girls have it harder. I was just saying it’s not great for boys either. 

What does Joe do? Like what does he claim as his occupation? I know none of them really have jobs (apart from maybe JD) but Ben "had a windshield replacing business", Derrick was an accountant, Austin was a flipper, Josh sold cars, Jeremy is a pastor....I've never heard Joe even claim to do anything for a living

2 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

What does Joe do? Like what does he claim as his occupation? I know none of them really have jobs (apart from maybe JD) but Ben "had a windshield replacing business", Derrick was an accountant, Austin was a flipper, Josh sold cars, Jeremy is a pastor....I've never heard Joe even claim to do anything for a living

when he asked Kendra to court him he said he was working at the car lot and bought the cars for the lot from car auctions so it wouldn't seem odd to Kendra for them to be going to one. 

Just have to comment on tonight's episode. Water tubing and chaperones. Joe was literally laying on Kendra's back and I laughed out loud. All the months of protecting the temptation of the flesh. Joe flanked spread eagle on Kendra. Doubt we'll see tubing again for a pre- wedding  ceremony.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived