IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

Wow, I didn't even notice it until you guys pointed it out. No snark here, she pulls it off really well. I always kind of wished I could pull one off, but with chronic allergies and such I'm glad I never went for it!

Also, has Jill lapped Jinger in the race to freedom now? Are we keeping score or what? I mean she was just photographed wearing pants and now she has a nose ring. Your move, Jinger (Jeremy, if you're listening, I think your wife would rock an artistic looking sleeve tattoo)! ;)

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nose ring actually looks cute on Jill, and suits her. I admit, my first instinct was to rip mine out upon seeing that a Duggar now has one too, but that impulse passed. No snark here. It is nice to see the kidults making their own fashion choices as adults.

I don't have kids, but I've never heard of swaddling a kid's arms like that... I'm with those who think he was reaching for things he isn't allowed to touch. Maybe he had his hands in his diaper and this is their method of training it out of him? Totally normal and a stupid thing to restrain him for, but I could see them doing it. I can also see Dwreck thinking this correction was just a beautiful moment of godly motherhood, and it had to be captured and shared with the world. You know, as a ministry.

I came here to comment on the nose ring, but you guys beat me to it.  I definitely didn't expect that from Jill.  I wonder how her family reacted (that is, if they cared at all).

While I understand once the Duggar children get married and move out of the house they're free to make their own life decisions, I wonder why the sudden changes with the Dillard Family? Pants, nose piercing. While they're not necessarily sinful according to Christian doctrine, that is a sharp 180 degree turn from the Duggar's convictions they've established before their early filming days more than a decade ago. I always thought Jill to be the most strictest to their convictions, along with Jana. What's next? Jinger in a bikini? Joe smoking some greens? 

Derick looks annoyed in the pic with Izzy putting stickers on him, he is not as comfortable with his kids compared to Ben. Ben always looks happy playing and interacting with his boys, sure there are times when I'm sure he's not up to playing with them but he at least tries to have some fun with them. Derick is never happy, even Josh came across more loving and fun with his kids, not saying Josh is great by any means but he was definitely more comfortable with his older kids, I haven't seen enough of him with the younger kids to judge. Derick is too caught up in his own drama and fake missions to care about Jill and his sons

Before the speculation train completely leaves the station, are we 100% sure it even is a nose ring? I mean, it would be pretty funny if we were discussing in-depth the reasons behind this sudden acquisition, and it turned out to just be a zit or something. :pb_lol:

First pants and now a stud in the nose?!? Why don't they market THAT, which makes them seem way more normal, rather than a baby in a straitjacket? 

14 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

@singsingsing Look closely. You can see that diamond color in the center. It's definitely a nose piercing or one nasty zit ready to pop.

JillyM.png

Yeah that's either a genuine piercing or a very convincing stick-on. 

Thanks @AnnaRuk09! Oddly enough, it looked way more obviously like a nose ring on my phone than on my desktop, so I started to second guess myself. But yep, that is most definitely a nose ring. All right! All aboard the speculation train! :D 

(My theory as to why she's suddenly wearing pants and piercing her nose? They've lately become very involved in Cross Church. Cross Church is a conservative church, but their modesty standards are much more lax than the Duggars'. They're also trying to appeal to students and young adults. I'm not saying Jill got her nose pierced solely for the purpose of trying to connect with the 'fellow kids', but that might have been a justification for it. 

Also, I don't think we've ever heard the Duggars talk about nose rings. It seems like something they'd be against, because they're against much more random things, but I can't recall ever hearing any of them give an opinion about it. Unlike skirts-only, which they talked about constantly, though to be fair that was probably because they were constantly asked about it. There's definitely no 'thou shalt not pierce thy nose' in the Bible, anyway.)

20 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

First pants and now a stud in the nose?!? Why don't they market THAT, which makes them seem way more normal, rather than a baby in a straitjacket? 

I think it's all, for better and for worse, designed to distract from the Derick dilemma.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I wish I got zits that looked like nose rings.

If you pick at it enough and then cover it with tons of foundation you can!  I was an expert in highschool. 

It looks like a nose ring, I guess if she still has it in a few months we will know for sure.

8 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Also love that Derick needs to "relax" on the couch during the holidays. Because you know he has such a hard working and demanding schedule monday-friday. If I rolled my eyes any harder they'd fall out of my head.

he looks like he is in a straitjacket 

it's disgusting 

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Their jealously of Jessa’s well received media accounts clouds what ever little judgement they have.  

even Ben is jealous now as he hijacked Jessa's instragm to spout for his sister 

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think Dwreck's post was an attempt to soften his image.  The photo, AFAIC, is fine but his description ruined the effect.  I keep thinking this is probably one more time that he disagrees with his son.

what's the point of him posting of instagram he is gone from the show. WE don't care anymore Derick  - your done. finished.  you just looked like an old man who complains to much. 

1 hour ago, blackberry said:

Maybe the stickers are pulling on his arm hair or he’s anticipating it when he takes them off?

it could be his version of getting something waxed. and that is never fun 

This topic has now turned 'hot' as we debate whether Jill has a nose ring or a large pimple...

The nose picture has me perplexed. Could be a piercing, but I could also see a foundation-covered blemish in unfavorable light. Does anyone know if the Duggars or their belief system have any "piercing-specific" no-no rules? Haha.

7 minutes ago, DuggarsandDragons said:

Does anyone know if the Duggars or their belief system have any "piercing-specific" no-no rules?

I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like they didn't have pierced ears when they first showed up on TV (or I just never noticed until later on).

I am Team Zit. That mark doesn't look like jewelry to me, and more importantly I do not believe ultra-conservative Jill would ever consider facial piercing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived