IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

That's exactly why I got mine pierced. I had an acne-related  scar on my nose and everyone asked if it was from a piercing. So finally, I just got it pierced. I figured if I didn't like it, at least I would be able to say the scar was from a piercing and not a zit that I just couldn't leave alone when I was 10 :) 

Love the idea :pb_idea::my_heart: I have a scar on my nose to that's hard to cover up and just at the right spot on my nose.

Can't seem to find pretty piercings though. Could you just use an earring?

Never thought about it and would appreciate some input off you're willing :my_shy:

(As an additional plus it would really irritate all my snobbish med school peers. :evil-laugh: You'd already get nasty comments for wearing non brand clothes like normal H&M stuff. When i wore a festival t-shirt once I got asked if I'm 'like an alternative type of person' "Yeah spent 3 days jumping through the mud drunk, it was great!" They're not talking to me anymore :giggle:)

14 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

She is piercing her nose to be relatable to college kids? But she never learned Spanish?!

Oh god that is a strange family ministry. 

I am leaning towards a blemish...and I thank Rufus I am not a reality star. A tabloid is about to write a story about her acne in 3, 2, 1....

On what I bolded:   What was your very first clue?   (Just teasing you)

On 24/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Well would you buy something for yourself called BOOGIE wipes? :pb_lol:

If it were marketed it discotronic glittery packaging, I just might!

Jill with a nose ring. Funny, a few months back Isaw a pic of Joy, and thought for a sec that she had a nose ring (I believe it was a pic in Austin's birthday wish to her). Maybe in a mother daughter bonding moment, Jill and Joy got pierced together? I bet Jinger has a secret belly button ring.

I saw a thread dedicated to the zit Vs piercing debate on my other forum, so I had to come see what the Fundie experts are saying. :pray:

Anyone else think it's a bit odd that after Derick gets shoved off of TLC all of a sudden Jill is wearing pants and has a possible piercing? Distraction technique at it's finest :clap: 

I think it IS a piercing, because that's what I want to believe. Jill is definitely the most bohemian of the Duggar kids so maybe she's finally becoming her own person (with her husband's permission of course) ..Will a hemp bracelet and halter top be next??

I've had my nose pierced since I was a freshman (8 years ago) and I gotta say, I'm 98 percent sure she's got a nose stud in. If you look at all my photos, that's just what a nose stud looks like- especially covered up in foundation. I'll eat my hat it it isn't. 

I think that's a zit, guys. I get zits in that spot on my nose all the damn time and it's been a surefire way to freak my mom out since I hit puberty.

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

I've had my nose pierced since I was a freshman (8 years ago) and I gotta say, I'm 98 percent sure she's got a nose stud in. If you look at all my photos, that's just what a nose stud looks like- especially covered up in foundation. I'll eat my hat it it isn't. 

DD has a clear plug in her nose right now, because her job at Starbucks won't let her have a nose ring. Maybe she took it out around her parents and put a plug in and that is why it is so hard to tell the difference. 

41 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Maybe she took it out around her parents and put a plug in and that is why it is so hard to tell the difference. 

Speaking of trying to keep on the right side of the 'rents:   Notice that Jinger's dress was above her knee?   She didn't wear pants but her skirt was short for Duggar standards.    She had black tights on (or leggings - but whatever it was was tight fitting)

I really wonder if it isn't MEchelle that insists on the 'modest' dressing rather than Boob.   

Can we play hide and seek with Jill's gray headband?  (Hide it among all the paper plates that they toss)  That thing looks like the sleeve off of some shirt that she cut to put around her head.   

I am on Team Nose Stud!

Seriously, though, having a piercing like that is much more mainstream and widespread then it was even 10 years ago. Don't all the girls have their ears pierced anyway? Next she'll get a septum piercing!

I saw the latest page of discussion, said to myself, "There's no way Jill got a nose ring... I bet it looks like a zit." Then I got to the photo! It really does look like a nose ring to me.

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

You guys have amazing eyes. I can't see anything on her nose at all emoji23.png

Are you looking only on your phone? Cause I have bad eye sight and it's still so noticeable on my laptop!

If she has got a nose stud then good for her, while it doesn't mean her beliefs have changed, it does mean like her other married sisters she is at least leaving her comfort zone a bit. Out of all the married girl Jill is the one I have concern for the most, she hasn't had it easy with her pregnancies and births, travelling to place she never settled in, both Josh scandals and the fact her husband turned out to be a giant douche.  

5 hours ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Anyone else think it's a bit odd that after Derick gets shoved off of TLC all of a sudden Jill is wearing pants and has a possible piercing? Distraction technique at it's finest :clap: 

she can finally express her true self

New nose stud and a zit at the same time is painful. Trust me, I have had it happen. 

If she did get her nose pierced, good for her. She might finally starting to develop her own style. She is getting to hang out with young people on a college campus (that is a start to opening world views and talking with all sorts of people AT A SECULAR UNIVERSITY). Granted, it's AR but it is still progress. 

Think about the progression when the first special airs, they were wearing frumpers and now they wear more modern clothing. 

Considering how she carried on when she donated blood, I doubt Jill would be particularly eager to voluntarily shove a needle through a part of her body with a lot of nerve endings. I remain firmly on Team Zit. 

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering how she carried on when she donated blood, I doubt Jill would be particularly eager to voluntarily shove a needle through a part of her body with a lot of nerve endings. I remain firmly on Team Zit. 

I’m on team nose stud. Despite being absolutely horrified of needles, I have gotten my nose pierced (twice), a more obscure ear piercing, and a tattoo. 

Funny how people talk themselves down from the pain for a personal gain, but won’t get their cholesterol checked (this includes me :2wankers: )

Hmm... the thought of giving blood makes me pretty anxious, but needles don't bother me at all. Plus, Jill was a teenager when she went to give blood, and now she's in her mid-20s and has gone through two pregnancies and two C-sections, so it wouldn't be surprising if she'd 'toughened up' a bit in that sense.

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If she has got a nose stud then good for her, while it doesn't mean her beliefs have changed, it does mean like her other married sisters she is at least leaving her comfort zone a bit.

Yeah, if she did get a nostril piercing (which is what the photo looks like to me) I wouldn't consider it a sign of anything, either. It's mainstream, fashionable to many people and hardly a sign of rebellion anymore. I've met fundie-lite Christians with them, too. 

As someone who's had a nose piercing for a number of years now, I can confirm it's never made me wild or cool! ;) 

4 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Can we play hide and seek with Jill's gray headband?  (Hide it among all the paper plates that they toss)  That thing looks like the sleeve off of some shirt that she cut to put around her head.   

Oh yes, please! At least it doesn't have her name embroided on it like her former teal coloured one.

I do have to say, this zit or stud discussion is better than What asshat thing did Derick do or say today, what cringeworthy thing are they doing to their boys,  or Is Jill pregnant again?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived