IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering how she carried on when she donated blood, I doubt Jill would be particularly eager to voluntarily shove a needle through a part of her body with a lot of nerve endings. I remain firmly on Team Zit. 

If Jill is like me, Shudder, She can tolerate anything but blood. I've had two tattoos and more peircings than i care to share with people no problem, but if the doctor even so much as suggests blood work I'm running out of there. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Oh yes, please! At least it doesn't have her name embroided on it like her former teal coloured one.

We can use it to play fetch with my dog.  That lazy bastard never brings anything back!  

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering how she carried on when she donated blood, I doubt Jill would be particularly eager to voluntarily shove a needle through a part of her body with a lot of nerve endings. I remain firmly on Team Zit. 

She's given birth twice, your tolerance for pain increases exponentially after labor and delivery.  I used to wine about getting shots, now I'm like dude I've given birth, I've and multiple kidney stones, 14 surgeries, AND 2 years of shots IN MY EYE, your little needled don't scare me.  For the majority of women giving birth changes their perspective on pain.

6 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I really wonder if it isn't MEchelle that insists on the 'modest' dressing rather than Boob.   

No, he's just as bad if not worse. I remember one of the episodes of 19 kids where the premise was him taking care of the children while Michelle was away and one of the little girls had a dress on over leggings and he said "I think that skirt might be a little short" - I'll never forget how gross that was

Did the J'slaves book talk about facial piercings? I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if the Duggars are okay with small nose piercings. Technically, Dickwad gave Jill the okay for the possible piercing. There was a Instagram that posted pictures using an App that photoshops "Punk" aesthetic on people. They did it on celebrities and did most of the older Duggar kids. Some pulled it off really well! 

I really wonder what type of style each Duggar would have developed if they didn't grow up fundie....

The Dullards just added more Thanksgiving pictures to their Facebook page.  The jury's still out on nosegate, but Jill definitely wore jeans again.  Photo under the spoiler.

Spoiler

24058857_1680236878705168_82313900644735

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I do have to say, this zit or stud discussion is better than What asshat thing did Derick do or say today, what cringeworthy thing are they doing to their boys,  or Is Jill pregnant again?

Well... I hate to break it, but Derick has retweeted an article about helping a friend who wants an abortion and posted a random psalm verse. 

I can't even with Derick right now. Is anyone the least bit surprised? :doh:

Side note, look at Jill's shoes! Real shoes, not flip flops or ugly tan sandals. Looks like she's been stealing fashion tips from Jinger. I'm so intrigued, what will Jill do next?

7 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

I can't even with Derick right now. Is anyone the least bit surprised? :doh:

Side note, look at Jill's shoes! Real shoes, not flip flops or ugly tan sandals. Looks like she's been stealing fashion tips from Jinger. I'm so intrigued, what will Jill do next?

Whatever we will bitch about the most. 

I honestly hope she went pre-thanksgiving shopping with Jinger. 

On 11/26/2017 at 1:03 AM, AnnaRuk09 said:

While I understand once the Duggar children get married and move out of the house they're free to make their own life decisions, I wonder why the sudden changes with the Dillard Family? Pants, nose piercing. While they're not necessarily sinful according to Christian doctrine, that is a sharp 180 degree turn from the Duggar's convictions they've established before their early filming days more than a decade ago. I always thought Jill to be the most strictest to their convictions, along with Jana. What's next? Jinger in a bikini? Joe smoking some greens? 

I agree with @singsingsing: it'll be the Cross Church influence. I know so many hip young fundie/lite women - very conservative in their thinking in most respects - who have nose rings. Jill's always kind of aspired to that earthy, bohemian, long-skirt-and-bare-feet image, so it doesn't surprise me she's done it. It doesn't signal an iota of change to her principles.

Let's hope her next move is telling Derdick to get the hell out of their apartment and move to Ben's bachelor room above the Duggar garage.

15 hours ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

I saw a thread dedicated to the zit Vs piercing debate on my other forum, so I had to come see what the Fundie experts are saying. :pray:

Anyone else think it's a bit odd that after Derick gets shoved off of TLC all of a sudden Jill is wearing pants and has a possible piercing? Distraction technique at it's finest :clap: 

I think it IS a piercing, because that's what I want to believe. Jill is definitely the most bohemian of the Duggar kids so maybe she's finally becoming her own person (with her husband's permission of course) ..Will a hemp bracelet and halter top be next??

Nope. Sadly I think Jill will always be in her fundie bubble, especially while JimBob and Derick are around. That makes me sad for her actually. 

4 hours ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

I hope her next move is discovering a hidden passion for Satanic death metal 

Discovering the blessings of birth control would be great, too!

2 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I agree with @singsingsing: it'll be the Cross Church influence. I know so many hip young fundie/lite women - very conservative in their thinking in most respects - who have nose rings. Jill's always kind of aspired to that earthy, bohemian, long-skirt-and-bare-feet image, so it doesn't surprise me she's done it. It doesn't signal an iota of change to her principles.

Maybe she just realized that grifting gets easier wearing pants and a nose ring.

(Nothing wrong with nose rings!! I got one too. I called her Lucille)

that may also be true, @ophelia. They seem to be recasting themselves as the pally elder buddies that new university students might be attracted to. 

(and lest anyone think I have anything against nose rings - I have one too)

28 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Wouldn't it be so nice if she just told the world whether it's a zit or a piercing? I guess I'm asking for too much

I mean, I wouldn't have a policy of confirming my blemishes to the media or tweeting about all my pimples :) 

Just now, Georgiana said:

I mean, I wouldn't have a policy of confirming my blemishes to the media or tweeting about all my pimples :) 

I know. Me either. But a girl can dream right? 

1 hour ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Wouldn't it be so nice if she just told the world whether it's a zit or a piercing? I guess I'm asking for too much

Did becky m ask her on Instagram yet? :my_biggrin:

I wonder if Jill's "ministry" to women who wear hijab involves ever-so-earnest talking points about how in Jesus-America, women are free to wear whatever they want, unlike believers in their oppressive religion. And it's hard to act superior to women who veil when YOUR god won't let you wear anything but chevron maxi-skirts.

That is a good point @nickelodeon know i'm wondering will they go further and understand some of the bullshit teach by their cult or will they stop at the surface with the clothes? 

Probably they will stay just at the surface but i hope at least she could have some more choice, have Derick as husband and headship is hard enough to be glad for the little things like pants and dress choice

I also wonder if the Muslim women are hoping to convert Jill and Derick to Islam, or if that possibility would even cross Jill and Derick's minds.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived