IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Maybe he's colicky and this calms him down? Maybe they found out that having his feet swaddled isn't an issue, just his arms? who knows with these people.

Perhaps, and if this is the reason they get no judgment from me. One of mine was extremely colicky.  I'd warm up a blanket in the dryer, wrap kiddo tightly in it so his arms couldn't flail around, hold him upright and bounce. Sometimes it really calmed him down, sometimes not. It was honestly a crapshoot to find things that would work at any given minute - what worked one day wouldn't work the next. When you have a kid who screams bloody murder for 12 hours every day, you get kind of desperate for a few minutes of calm and will try pretty-much anything regardless of how ridiculous it may seem. Of course I wouldn't post pictures of the things I tried, but then again, the Internet didn't exist when my kids were babies:my_confused:

Jill could stop all the damn speculating by just explaining why she wrapped the baby up and had a hat on him indoors. Why doesn't she just do this up front when posting pictures that are a tad unusual? She annoys me, although this is kind of BEC I know.

I find the booger discussion, well, ugh.

2 hours ago, cascarones said:

Could he be chilled after bath time? Only thing I can think of for the hat, or his arms are wrapped like that so he won't take off the hat? I don't know, but Derick realizes he's a dad now! I get that he's joking, but what a weird thing to say.

Maybe what he meant to say is that he's realizing that reclining parent = prime target for playful kids? 

Swaddling his arms like that at his age seems like it would inhibit his curiosity to explore with his hands, develop critical thinking skills, and a sense of independence. My kids are grown, but I seem to remember them reaching for things, holding onto things, and learning about the world with their hands at that age. But I suppose curious children with the ability  to think for themselves is not traits they feel are important.    

That is truly bizarre. He's about 4.5 months old, no way should he still be swaddled and this doesn't even seem like a swaddle anyway. It makes no sense to do this to him if it's cold - hello you can put a hoodie or sweater on him! Plus she's in a t-shirt. He should be free to explore with his hands not bound this way. And he appears to be alert and totally awake, so not as if it's in conjunction with him napping, though by his age he really should be getting out of the swaddle during sleep too.

Also love that Derick needs to "relax" on the couch during the holidays. Because you know he has such a hard working and demanding schedule monday-friday. If I rolled my eyes any harder they'd fall out of my head.

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

That is truly bizarre. He's about 4.5 months old, no way should he still be swaddled and this doesn't even seem like a swaddle anyway. It makes no sense to do this to him if it's cold - hello you can put a hoodie or sweater on him! Plus she's in a t-shirt. He should be free to explore with his hands not bound this way. And he appears to be alert and totally awake, so not as if it's in conjunction with him napping, though by his age he really should be getting out of the swaddle during sleep too.

Not to mention learning to use his arms and hands for balance and to brace when falling etc.  You know, the stuff that our bodies know instinctively but need to practice and get familiar with when we’re little...  Grrr...

For all we know poor Sam grabbed his own penis during a diaper change and they are keeping him from sinning.

Everything they do is off and odd, they don’t seem to have a clue or care about the norms of parenting.  Their jealously of Jessa’s well received media accounts clouds what ever little judgement they have.  

I have no idea what their reasoning for binding their kids up like this is, but the weirdest part is that they take pictures and share them with the world. What exactly are they trying to convey? Do they think it's cute, or funny? Is this some kind of calming technique that they've found works wonders? Why are they sharing these pictures? They just throw them out there with no comment or explanation. It's bizarre.

It just amazes me how tone-deaf the Dullards are with their posting. I don't understand why Jill would put up this post when so many people are just itching to give her shit because of her husband/family/previous posts/dodgy beliefs. 

She needs some media savvy, like Jessa or Jinjer. 

Actually, I'm glad she or D-wreck don't have media savvy. That way we can easily point back to them when the other siblings showcase minor normalcy and the internet rejoices that they are free from fundiedom. 

I really don't understand Derick and Jill's thought process with those photos. People already think they blanket train, this just adds fuel to the fire. Maybe they just don't see anything wrong with it..

I'm surprised Derick would buy a product made by an ebil liquor company (although their egg nog isn't alcoholic)

1 hour ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Maybe what he meant to say is that he's realizing that reclining parent = prime target for playful kids? 

If it were anyone other DeWreck I would have took it as Its apparent your a parent when = but knowing him he probably just did just figure out "hey these kids are mine". 

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Also love that Derick needs to "relax" on the couch during the holidays. Because you know he has such a hard working and demanding schedule monday-friday. If I rolled my eyes any harder they'd fall out of my head.

I'm sure that in his patriarchal culture, he was doing oh so much child wrangling, cooking, table-setting, and cleanup, and would need, nay, deserve a break on the couch. Oh wait.

That looks like a form of punishment. He probably reached for something he shouldn't have and they don't bind his feet because he can't roll or crawl yet. 

They're shitty people so being shitty parents too isn't a stretch. 

16 hours ago, JillyO said:

Here are the pictures @SCROW10 is talking about. That does look weird.

I think I remember seeing a few pictures of him on IG where his hands are in gloves or mittens... Maybe he has a habit of messing with his hands a lot?

The Dillard's unexplained swaddling obsession disturbs me. :(

I'm forever shocked by the apparent differences between Dillard and Seewald parenting (granted, we'll never know all of what goes on behind the scenes). The Seewalds seem like they absolutely love parenting. They thrive on it. They seem happier than they did even as a newlywed couple. They're the poster children for fundie Millennials. Meanwhile, the Dillards come across as people who are desperately trying to enjoy parenthood, but just can't manage it. It just always feels like they're complaining about their boys - restraining them, calling Izzy manipulative, constantly correcting Izzy, being clearly disappointed that Samuel wasn't a girl, etc etc etc - and that is really upsetting to me. As if fundie kids don't get enough of a setback in the genetic lottery.

Looks pretty straitjacket to me.  Perhaps some early version of blanket training?

I think Dwreck's post was an attempt to soften his image.  The photo, AFAIC, is fine but his description ruined the effect.  I keep thinking this is probably one more time that he disagrees with his son.

Ever see where adults recreate pictures that were taken of them as kids- same pose, same clothes, same expressions etc? I can't decide if the hat-straight jacket-pacifier combo would be more funny or more disturbing on an adult. 

I'm sad for the 4.5 month old Samuel, who should be exploring and playing with his hands. The swaddling during awake time is developmentally inappropriate.

I also find it very odd that Josh, Jessa, Jinger and Joy all have homes, but the Dillards do not. Does Joe have his own home?

So...that is a nose ring right?

So I ultra-zoomed. Who would have thought? Jill Duggar with a nose ring. What a strange (fundie) world.

If it is, it's definitely over a week old with how it's laying and the lack of irritation and swelling. I hope she doesn't get head colds since winter is the worst time to get it pierced, because of the irritation factor. She's got a cute nose for it. It could also be a stick on, piercings aren't generally advised for pregnant or nursing mothers because of the higher risk of infection. I don't have tattoos, but I think the same goes for them as well.

I guess it's ok because nose rings are in the Bible. Whatever is good enough for the adulterous bride of God in Ezekiel is good enough for a Duggar!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived