IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

So a few pages ago I was convinced that this is obviously a zit and fj is going bananas. Now I'm not so sure anymore. :pb_lol: Think about it: These girls were always encouraged to look their best and put a lot of time and effort into looking good. Why would any of them pose with the side of her face showing where there is a huge zit?

It's either a piercing (I'd still be shocked) or she enjoyed the previous outrage and is straight up trolling.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a little under the weather .  . . And I come back, and ermahgawd Jill has a nose ring?!  Okay, so we don't know for sure, but um I'm gonna go with the "teampierced" camp.

I appreciate the link for the Muslim clothing!  I literally follow some ladies on Instagram who rockkkk their fashion choices, and we have a large Somali population here in MN, and I've had a few casual talks with some women about where they get their beautiful clothes (most that I talked to, are handmade!  We have a large fabric outlet store nearby with amazing prices).  But I'm a bad Christian SAHM who *le gasp* can't sow, so I need some retail choices :pb_lol:

Most recent picture says piercing to me. New thread named suggestion:

Dillards 46: The Pants and Piercing Deflection Maneuver

@SamiKatz Good luck when you try to change out the stud! I never could get mine back in myself, but I also didn't do it one fell swoop (had to take it out for wisdom teeth removal and it had closed up by the time I tried to insert a new one). It's vaguely making me want to re pierce mine, which would be the third time, but I know Mr. C isn't fond of it.

42 minutes ago, faraway said:

So a few pages ago I was convinced that this is obviously a zit and fj is going bananas. Now I'm not so sure anymore. :pb_lol: Think about it: These girls were always encouraged to look their best and put a lot of time and effort into looking good. Why would any of them pose with the side of her face showing where there is a huge zit?

It's either a piercing (I'd still be shocked) or she enjoyed the previous outrage and is straight up trolling.

Exactly my thought as well. Why post a pic that so prominently shows a zit that you know the internet is currently debating when not posting said pic is so avoidable? It’s not like she couldn’t have waited a few days to update us all on her laundry shenanigans. :pb_lol:

Of course, Jill doesn't have to tell us shit about what she does with her face. She doesn't have to publicize her life at all.

But she chooses to do so. And that will invite questions. I maintain that nose piercings are not yet completely mainstream, many employers don't permit nasal jewelry. I also maintain that serious conservative fundies like Jill would not want to face the condemnation she would get from the cult. I don't believe IBLP has liberalized that much, nor have her parents.

Don't be skeered Jill, if you did it, own it! 

12 minutes ago, cascarones said:

@SamiKatz Good luck when you try to change out the stud! I never could get mine back in myself, but I also didn't do it one fell swoop (had to take it out for wisdom teeth removal and it had closed up by the time I tried to insert a new one). It's vaguely making me want to re pierce mine, which would be the third time, but I know Mr. C isn't fond of it.

I actually accidentally pulled mine out yesterday and got it back in!  I thought "I have to do this or it will grow over" so I was definitely motivated, lol.

I love it though, I've wanted to get my nose pierced for a really long time and I'm happy I got it done.

Derick has gotten trashed so badly on Twitter that he's now moved to Facebook. He's getting ripped apart there too, even by people who were previously fans of the show. Man there are some rabid Bible-thumpers on their page!!

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Of course, Jill doesn't have to tell us shit about what she does with her face. She doesn't have to publicize her life at all.

But she chooses to do so. And that will invite questions. I maintain that nose piercings are not yet completely mainstream, many employers don't permit nasal jewelry. I also maintain that serious conservative fundies like Jill would not want to face the condemnation she would get from the cult. I don't believe IBLP has liberalized that much, nor have her parents.

Don't be skeered Jill, if you did it, own it! 

One of my friends, a former co-worker, has multiple piercings - ears, nostril and her lip.  She was going to dye her hair multiple colours and thought she should ask her boss if the company had any issues with it and they said no, but the face piercings are not allowed.  Whoops! 

So far, they seem to be agreeing to pretend she didn't know, and the company hasn't noticed it yet.

19 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I want upper ear and tragus piercings. Will proudly post pictures and announcement when I finally do this.

Definitely do!  I let my ear piercings grow over but I'm going toget them done again. I think the tragus piercing looks cool as well.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived