IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

I really don't get the need to enter a Covenant Marriage legally speaking. To me it is similar to the need for an accountability buddy in the sense that if your believes are strong you shouldn't need it. If you strongly believe that physical contact before marriage is a no no then you should be able to spend time with the other person without needing someone to keep an eye on you. If you believe divorce shouldn't happen other than under x, y or z grounds, then don't get a divorce except x, y or z happen.

It just feels like one more thing they do for appearances and to feed they superiority complex, to show how holier than the rest of us they are. 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was ready and willing to donate 99 cents to the GFM.... apparently the minimum is $5, and I am not even interested.

Back in August I predicted that Derick had joined/enrolled in this school to get away from Jill and the kids. It was the perfect opportunity to "do Gods' work", eliminate his responsibility for Jill and the kids, and still reap the benefits from a TLC paycheck. My thoughts haven't changed. 

Derick is raising money to go on a "mission". No wives or children allowed (if that is true). So he gets to head off.....alone...... and do whatever he wants. Jill will move in with mom and dad, continue to be on Counting On occasionally, have money to send to Derick for his "mission", and have kids to raise her kids. Correct me if I am wrong, but no where did it say that Jill was no longer going to be on Counting On. Isn't her money Derick's money?

Derick will come home from his mission, long enough to knock Jill up again, and then to off the next mission. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Let's hope his next mission location doesn't have the Shower Rack Of Doom in his apartment.

36 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Ugh. That baby looks just like a little JimBob.

Same eyes as James and cousin Amy.  

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

They're both capable of doing it, but I honestly think Ben is shooting himself in the foot by going after a career in ministry.

I know I've said it before, but I could see Ben being a youth minister.  Doing bible studies with teens, organizing church sleepover lockdowns, throwing a football around and talking about the Christian life.  He seems geunily comfortable with just about everyone, and that's a great quality to have with teens to help them feel appreciated, and heard (despite their differences) . . . Leading a congregation with a sermon?  Eh.  But the role of a youth minister, that I could see.

@Lurky ~ I really appreciate your honesty, and vulnerability you'e shared with us. You explained it in a way that helped me understand a viewpoint I might not otherwise would have discovered on my own (being a generic white, hetero lady).  Thank you <3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

He is darling!

Are those cloth diapers? I thought the Dillards cloth diapered?

I think they gave up on cloth diapers back with Izzie. You can't see any diaper in this picture, but using them everyday myself it doesn't look bulky enough. I'm guessing disposable

So I'm guessing the reason we didn't get a Samuel birth episode is because of TLC having dropped Derick.

Hopefully, that means the baby is fine, but he lost out because his dad acts like a dick on social media.

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So I'm guessing the reason we didn't get a Samuel birth episode is because of TLC having dropped Derick.

We haven't gotten his birth episode because the show just hasn't caught up to it yet.  They left off with Joy's wedding.  Now that they're dropping Derick they'll probably cut that episode out if they had been planning on showing it next season.

DId Derelict make his first anti-Jazz/TLC tweet before Sammy was born? All I remember is that it was during the run of Jazz's season, since the picture he posted advertised the show airing that night. 

It also seems like TLC made this decision months ago (likely with the first firestorm) from what they said in their tweet. If the tweet was made before Sammy's birth, they may have filmed around Derelict. I imagine we'll still get a birth show, unless Jill really screwed up her labor before heading off for her c-section, with Derelict edited out if the Jazz tweet came after Sammy was born. 

I expect we'll see Jill playing doctor to Joy in future episodes (once they actually get that far in the narrative). We still haven't even seen Switzerland yet, and that was early June. But other than Dr. Jill, there hasn't been much going on with them anyway, so it wouldn't be hard for TLC to have filmed around Derelict after Sammy's birth. 

5 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I didn't watch any of the weddings because *yawn* but I think someone, Pickles maybe, posted a photo of Derick sitting apart from the other sons-in-law.  Maybe this wasn't personal, but just made it easier for TLC to avoid filming him?   How sad to live your life according to a TV network's rules!

Wow!  I went back and Pickles posted about it November 2, Jeremy, Austin and Ben were all sat together behind the Duggars at Joe's wedding... Derick is way off to the side. Now it makes sense. 

This gives me another layer of grossness about selling your family to reality TV. Even if they were just squabbling (about $$$, not respectful pronouns mind you)  and the production company didn't actually ask him to move.  

On 11/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, anjulibai said:

It's interesting that the TLC announcement says Derick hasn't participated in filming for months. I wonder when that happened. Samuel's birth? The first twitter tantrum about Jazz? Joseph's wedding? 

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the TTH!

Maybe now we know why he was not sitting with his brother-in-laws at the last wedding.  He will begin to understand how Josh feels now. No worries, I do not feel sorry for Josh.

47 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I think they gave up on cloth diapers back with Izzie. You can't see any diaper in this picture, but using them everyday myself it doesn't look bulky enough. I'm guessing disposable

It could just be a reflection, but I'm like 99% sure I see a stripe in the groin area - pampers sells a brand of diapers, that have a clear strip turn green to alert you when urine is present in a diaper (no awkward crotch grabs necessary!)

1 minute ago, Fun Undies said:

It could just be a reflection, but I'm like 99% sure I see a stripe in the groin area - pampers sells a brand of diapers, that have a clear strip turn green to alert you when urine is present in a diaper (no awkward crotch grabs necessary!)

Yep, the stripe and the lack of bulk are the give aways.

They were doing cloth with Izzy, at least when they had power and water in CA- I don't power and water are an issue in NWA.

53 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Hopefully, that means the baby is fine, but he lost out because his dad acts like a dick on social media.

Some might say that Sammy is fortunate to not have his birth exploited on a reality show.

I realize that Derick has a lot of crappy views and has been acting like a jerk, but it seems like the decision for him not to appear on TLC any longer is probably somewhat mutual. So now is Derick going to get blamed for pulling away from reality tv which is what most people here seemed to support?

These look like leggings and it's like she's using her longer pea coat as a dress substitute. (circle not mine, I found this on tumblr)

tumblr_ozal9nbyoE1w0o9ejo1_1280.jpg

Derick's newest Instagram post. OFC, he's posting a quote from one of those Duck Dynasty dudes. :TrainWreckMotion:

He liked this  tweet earlier, so I'm guessing that's where he got the image from 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

Half the humpers on the lili and ellie blog are saying they are going to stop watching.... good. They seem to think his free speech was violated by TLC, ha hahahahahaha!!! Christian persecution!! 

So, in support of him they will boycott the show, leading to lower ratings and possible cancellation? 
They're stupid, but, please, may they do so. 

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

DId Derelict make his first anti-Jazz/TLC tweet before Sammy was born? All I remember is that it was during the run of Jazz's season, since the picture he posted advertised the show airing that night. 

It also seems like TLC made this decision months ago (likely with the first firestorm) from what they said in their tweet. If the tweet was made before Sammy's birth, they may have filmed around Derelict. I imagine we'll still get a birth show, unless Jill really screwed up her labor before heading off for her c-section, with Derelict edited out if the Jazz tweet came after Sammy was born.

Derick made the first anti-Jazz tweets right after Samuel was born. I remember this because I made a comment about how poor Jill just went through a difficult birth and yet her tool of a husband is on Twitter picking on a kid when he should have been taking care of his wife and kids.

I must admit, I agree with Derick about Jazz being exploited. I stopped watching that show after TLC aired one of Jazz's medical appointments, where they discussed some VERY explicit and intimate details about her anatomy. If an adult trans person wants to do a show about their medical transition because they want to educate the public or whatever, fine. But Jazz's mother has been parading that poor kid in front of the cameras since she was five years old. Derick can't say stuff like that, though, because he married into a family that pimped out all 19 of their kids to the media. (I am stopping short of accusing Derick of pimping out his own kids to the media because I haven't watched the Duggars since the Josh scandal and therefore I have no idea how often Izzy is featured on the show. And from what I'm reading on this thread, Samuel hasn't been on TV at all yet.)

Speaking of Jazz's mother, I can imagine her putting pressure on TLC to throw Derick under the bus. Jazz herself is too young to advocate for herself that way, and I DON'T think TLC would get rid of Derick because they care about Jazz, or about trans people in general. I think this is coming from Jazz's parents, or perhaps an organized effort from the larger trans community. (But if it was the latter, my friend who is a trans rights activist probably would have alerted me. She knows I used to watch the Duggars. We've snarked on them on a handful of occasions.)

Another possibility... Maybe Derick's behavior overall is so out of control that TLC decided not to feature him anymore? I mean, look at the guy. He doesn't look well. His behavior has been "off" for some time now. Between his tweets and his inability to keep a job (even a job amongst like-minded fundies), something is not right.

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

They seem to think his free speech was violated by TLC, ha hahahahahaha!!! Christian persecution!! 

I saw those comments earlier and had to stop reading because I was getting ragey. 

It all reminds me too much of that kerfuffle a few years ago when A&E let go of that guy from Duck Dynasty for making homophobic comments and everyone started shouting Christian Persecution. I still remember the flack I got on FB for trying to explain to some of my Christian friends that free speech doesn't equal freedom from consequences. 

I'm hoping that D List Derrick Dillard doesn't warrant the same outrage. 

5 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

I really don't get the need to enter a Covenant Marriage legally speaking. To me it is similar to the need for an accountability buddy in the sense that if your believes are strong you shouldn't need it.

This! I have a friend that doesn't believe in sex before marriage and she told me others at her church were very judgemental about her visiting her now husband and spending the night at his house before they were married. But they both agreed on what they were comfortable doing and both shared the same believes so they could stay away from temptation together even though they were alone together. Since they lived pretty far from eachother it would have been harder for them to really get to know eachother otherwise as well, not that that's something the Duggars worry about. My friends married after a year and have a very happy marriage now. 

11 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

I still remember the flack I got on FB for trying to explain to some of my Christian friends that free speech doesn't equal freedom from consequences. 

I'm hoping that D List Derrick Dillard doesn't warrant the same outrage. 

Free speech doesn't mean you have the right to be on tv either. Or that others aren't allowed to disagree with you. 

Some people are just too stupid to get it. Good on you for trying to educate them!

These last couple of pages make me a bit sad. I have been wondering when voicing your opinion about ethical issues turns to hate speech. I feel that although DD’s comments on Jazz were unnecessary, ill-conceived and the ones about exploitation  hypocritical, they were not necessarily expressing hate of trans people. If you believe that one cannot change the sex God gave at birth by surgery, or by self- identification, then using the corresponding pronouns is understandable. Now I agree in DD’s case it could very well have been with a motive to provoke, which would be wrong. And he may hate trans people, I don’t know. And even if not, others may take his words to legitimize bullying or hurting trans people. However, in his actual wording he did not speak badly about Jazz.

Now I am ducking for the rotten tomatoes, but may I suggest calling DD ‘a piece of shit’ and many other things in this thread, sounds more hateful to me than DD expressing his disagreement with the changing the sex of a teenager and putting that on TV. He did not call Jazz a piece of shit. 

I have said it before, we do not need to give fundies legitimate reasons for their largely imagined persecution complex. 

Not saying he should not be called out and his motives should not be questioned. And yes, apart from his tweets, he does not seem a particularly honorable or wise person. But nowhere near Josh and Gothard. As far as we now know. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived