IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They could but are they as reliable as just going to the TTH all day long and having the kids entertained by aunts uncles and cousins? Jessa seems to spend a lot of time at the TTH and I think she would miss it. 

Maybe. But I think Jessa gets way too much flack for spending time at the TTH (not saying you're giving her flack for it, though). Why wouldn't she? I was at my grandma's almost every day when I was a kid. I still see my mother almost every day, and my grandparents multiple times a week, and I don't even have kids. I just like hanging out with my family.

Why wouldn't she? Because she is a grown-ass woman with a husband and children and a home of her own to care for. Maybe a little less time at the TTH would have allowed her to dispose of the shitty diapers on the nightstand that she so proudly posted pictures of.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe. But I think Jessa gets way too much flack for spending time at the TTH (not saying you're giving her flack for it, though). Why wouldn't she? I was at my grandma's almost every day when I was a kid. I still see my mother almost every day, and my grandparents multiple times a week, and I don't even have kids. I just like hanging out with my family.

I don't actually hang out on Duggar threads much since I find the Duggars to be incredibly boring after 14 years of following them. So I don't really know if Jessa gets too much flak or not. But I do think she would not want to move away from the family. I see her as least likely to do it amongst the married Duggar women. 

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I was the same way. There was always a huge flock of cousins at my grandparents house. Certainly 6-7 of us underfoot at a time. It was the same for most people that I know. I've never understood what was wrong with it. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I was the same way. There was always a huge flock of cousins at my grandparents house. Certainly 6-7 of us underfoot at a time. It was the same for most people that I know. I've never understood what was wrong with it. 

It was the same way for us growing up as well. I have nothing against it personally. 

I think it’s impprtant to note the TLC have distanced themselves from Derek because he went after another TLC star by name, not because of the actual views he expressed.

They’ve put up with endless bigoted statements from all the Duggars - Josh was basically employed to male anti gay noise on social media and they didn’t care til the molestations came to light.

Its all about it protecting their brands - and by replacing Derek with Austin and Kendra they’re protecting Counting On and Jazz.

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Why wouldn't she? Because she is a grown-ass woman with a husband and children and a home of her own to care for. Maybe a little less time at the TTH would have allowed her to dispose of the shitty diapers on the nightstand that she so proudly posted pictures of.

This is bullshit. First of all, the meme that she's at the TTH 24/7 is just completely false. The majority of the time we see her, she's at her own house. Second of all, why the hell would a woman with two small children not spend time visiting her nearby family? Why not let grandparents, aunts and uncles babysit? What a remarkably ridiculous thing to shit all over someone for.

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The only problem I have with the married Duggars and their kids hanging out at the TTH is that I think it’s highly likely that the Lost Girls have been pressed into auntie-mom service to look after their siblings’ babies. Ordinarily, extended family ties are a good thing, but the Duggars abuse this by making minors look after other people’s children to the detriment of their respective educations.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's really important to emphasize that we don't know that Jill is unhappy with Derick, let alone miserable. She may be thrilled. She may go to sleep at night wondering how she got so lucky. We don't know what Jim Bob's thinking, either. He may be patting Derick on the back. Jim Bob's an idiot, but you can bet your bottom dollar he has a plan to keep the gravy train rolling should TLC ever decide to pull the plug. Like others have said, most of the Duggars believe everything that Derick spouts, it's just that Derick spouts it very publicly and obnoxiously. They may not be thrilled about the bad PR, but they may also be giving him props for 'speaking the truth' and 'defending his faith'.

THIS! 

We have every reason to believe that Jill is super proud of her "hubby" (cringgeeee). I think any talk of her being unhappy or even thinking of divorce is kind of absurd. 

I doubt JB loves the publicity or the effect on the new brand he's been trying to sell to the public.  But they all have deplorable views and would likely say the same. Derrick wasn't very likeable even before any of this, and with a father in law and brothers in law that also have strong opinions and personalities, there has to be undercurrents of conflict. I could see him being the Family Asshole  and everyone just accepting that to keep peace, except maybe Jeremy.

It's probably Derrick's way or the highway and Jill prefers it that way. 

55 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

This photo made me lol:

tumblr_inline_ozbduqeUnb1rppozo_500.png

Jill in pants!!!!

Aaaaaaan ever the attention hog Dertwit waving in the background.

How many times can they go to Silver Dollar City. One would think it gets old after a while. While I'm at it can I call out Derfuck for his begging for money for his 'personal development' while he fritters his time away at a theme park instead of getting a fucking JOB.

Thank is all. Carry on.  My comfy blanket and book await the continuation of my lazy Sunday. I also need to start a Go Fund Me page to raise money so I can quit my job and travel around the States and Canada by train.  Please give.

9 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

We have every reason to believe that Jill is super proud of her "hubby" (cringgeeee). I think any talk of her being unhappy or even thinking of divorce is kind of absurd. 

Agreed. I think that Jill and her family believe exactly the same things that Derick does, they just don't go blasting it all over social media in quite the same way Derick has (I don't follow any of the Duggars, but I know that several of the married kids have posted some very inappropriate things from reading FJ). 

Jim Bob certainly isn't going to let anyone starve- least of all Jill who has always seemed to be his favourite- and certainly not for sharing beliefs that he likely holds as well. I can see Jill and the kids continuing to participate in Counting On which will bring in a bit of money for the Dillards and Jim Bob will fill in whatever gaps there are. 

9 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

How many times can they go to Silver Dollar City. One would think it gets old after a while.

Eh, we have a membership to a local place that doesn't even have amusement park rides but is a popular, local tourist attraction. We got multiple times a month. It's nice to get out of the house when you have kids even if it's doing something you've done a million times.

1 minute ago, Seculardaisy said:

Eh, we have a membership to a local place that doesn't even have amusement park rides but is a popular, local tourist attraction. We got multiple times a month. It's nice to get out of the house when you have kids even if it's doing something you've done a million times.

But I bet you're not begging for thousands of dollars on GoFundIt! :-D

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

i don't quite remember, but of all the sons in law, i think Ben is the one JB has the least influence.

Actually I think JB does not have influence to a large extent over any of them, except maybe Derick.

Ben -- I think he is a maturing into his own person. Everyone might not agree with his beliefs, but he's come along way from his days bashing Mormons and Catholics online.  He may still have philosophical differences, but I in no way believes he "hates" on anyone.  Once he is through with his education I believe they will move and move on to their own life.  They will always be conservative christians, but not the legalistic, Gothard style of his inlaws.

Jeremy -- Jeremy is an outsider and more worldly.  JB never had influence over him and he has too  much pride to kowtow to JB.  He will be polite and not rock the boat because he respects that they are his wife's family, but they are making their own life IMHO away from the rest of the clan.  In fact, they appear to be closer to his own family, who are normal IMHO. 

Austin -- while he grew up knowing/living near the Duggars, he has his own skills, business (house flipping) and helping out at his family's camp. He has no reason to give in to JB influence.  They may be cut from similar cloth (the Duggars and the Forsyths) but they are not identical.  I see the Forsyths as being more independent.  As Austin gets older, he too will be more insistent on living their lives according to their own beliefs/ways.

Joe -- as a Duggar son who seems to be actively employed with Duggar enterprises (rentals, house flipping, construction, used car sales, etc)...I believe HE is the one more beholden to his father, especially since he is so young 

This in no way means I believe any of them will turn their back on their brand of their Christian faith, but they will not be beholden to JB.   

I get why there's a temptation to say "X is homophobic/transphobic, so he must be secretly gay/trans!" and there are of course some high profile examples of people who are being -phobic to try to deflect attention, but that's a tiny minority of homophobes and transphobes - and the VAST majority of LGBT people manage not to be bigoted arseholes.   And let's face is, the number of closeted LGBT people is relatively small, compared to where all the casual and targeted bigotry is said.

As a gay woman, seeing people throw out "He could be a closet gay and finds the idea of a female appearance with the male anatomy very tempting", and other similar comments on FJ is always hard.  It's comes across as completely objectifying transwomen in ways that are especially problematic, but more importantly it feels like it is handwaving homo/transphobia as nothing to do with heterosexuals.   It reads like "He can't really be heterosexual and hateful", and that has really shitty connotations like only LGBT people can be hateful in that way - that only someone who was gay would attack a teenager like this.  Especially as no one has ever put out an "evidence" Derick isn't 100% straight except he's being vile on social media.

I'm probably explaining this really badly, but I would ask FJers, before you say this sort of thing, can you think about what it feels like for LGBT people.  We already face a lifetime of slurs, of suggestions we're all perverts and child abusers, and I guarantee everyone who is LGBT on Free Jinger has faced homophobia from people who are 100% straight. 

4 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I get why there's a temptation to say "X is homophobic/transphobic, so he must be secretly gay/trans!" and there are of course some high profile examples of people who are being -phobic to try to deflect attention, but that's a tiny minority of homophobes and transphobes - and the VAST majority of LGBT people manage not to be bigoted arseholes.   And let's face is, the number of closeted LGBT people is relatively small, compared to where all the casual and targeted bigotry is said.

As a gay woman, seeing people throw out "He could be a closet gay and finds the idea of a female appearance with the male anatomy very tempting", and other similar comments on FJ is always hard.  It's comes across as completely objectifying transwomen in ways that are especially problematic, but more importantly it feels like it is handwaving homo/transphobia as nothing to do with heterosexuals.   It reads like "He can't really be heterosexual and hateful", and that has really shitty connotations like only LGBT people can be hateful in that way - that only someone who was gay would attack a teenager like this.  Especially as no one has ever put out an "evidence" Derick isn't 100% straight except he's being vile on social media.

I'm probably explaining this really badly, but I would ask FJers, before you say this sort of thing, can you think about what it feels like for LGBT people.  We already face a lifetime of slurs, of suggestions we're all perverts and child abusers, and I guarantee everyone who is LGBT on Free Jinger has faced homophobia from people who are 100% straight. 

You explained beautifully. I completely agree with you. I like to think most posters here mean well, but I do feel people need to be cautious in what they imply. Offhand speculation can quickly devolve into stereotypes that cause real pain to other users or maligned groups. 

20 hours ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Finally. It's unfortunate, that he wasn't fired, but at least something!cc43e6acc193ee1a2e8d024ac88b8b36.jpg

Spoiler

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The funniest part is all the leg humpers on tumblr bitching about it.

Jill just posted a new photo of Samuel on Instagram! He's ridiculously cute. He's starting to look a little more like Izzy.

Cue adorable, wholesome baby photos to deflect from Derick's perpetual drama? :pb_rollseyes:

7 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Jill just posted a new photo of Samuel on Instagram! He's ridiculously cute. He's starting to look a little more like Izzy.

Cue adorable, wholesome baby photos to deflect from Derick's perpetual drama? :pb_rollseyes:

She'd need to have 19 babies at once and that would still only distract from Derick for a couple of days. 

Well, now we know John David Looks like,  Michelle's dad.  Uncanny resemblance, except that Grandpa R has darker hair and eyes, and well, actually has a full head of hair.  But if you put JD in a wig that matched this, he would look just like him.

Sam is cute, and he could pass as one of Jessa's offspring.  Hopefully he is fine and healthy and whatever happened with the Birth did not impact him at all.  But I do hope the birth impacted Jill.  Not physically, as I don't every wish harm to someone, but I hope that mentally, she is developing an awareness that she will not have a huge Duggaresque family, and she may need to stop at 2-3 instead. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived