IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I only have boys but I have one son that is extremely sensitive about his hair. He doesn’t like it washed or combed. He doesn’t like it getting wet when he is in a pool. He doesn’t even like it when I brush it to the side with my fingers! If she had a child like mine, they would be absolutely miserable. How sad. To make a child miserable every day just because the mother is ridiculously superficial. 

My daughter has a sensitive scalp. I usually try to keep her hair short due to tangles bothering her. She used to love to wear hair bows, but she has not asked for one for a while. I guess they are too babyish for third graders. She mostly wants to fix her own hair now and I just make sure she gets out the tangles. I allow her to have this freedom unless we are getting a family portrait done or something. Sometimes her hair and outfits are "creative." I force myself to keep my mouth shut as long as they are weather and activity appropriate.

If I curled my daughter's hair as much as Chelsea, she would be in tears. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

YAAASSSS I'm so glad this terrifying woman and her haunted victorian doll children are back. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1

I had forgotten about them. I get young Baby Jane Hudson vibes from the older girl.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Markie said:

It makes me really curious about how Chelsea or her sister would dress a son. 

I’m guessing they’d buy outfits from the same company they buy the bonnets.

031876A7-BCA3-4793-862B-5393A5660F18.png

• Upvote 11

31 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

https://daintyjewells.com/swimwear

I see some summer outfits on that page, but nothing resembling swimwear....? :562479a50dc4d_Tahhell..confused:

Since they have to cover elbows and knees completely, the swimwear looks nothing like swim wear. It’s worse than those swim sacks the Duggars used to wear. They just look like they are swimming fully dressed in their regular clothing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, adidas said:

I’m guessing they’d buy outfits from the same company they buy the bonnets.

031876A7-BCA3-4793-862B-5393A5660F18.png

Honestly, that outfit looks pretty poorly made to me. She's probably spending bucketloads of money on the clothing she buys for her girls, anyways, and I don't understand why she chooses such badly made clothing. All in the sake of some "modesty" or whatever she thinks she's doing.

• Upvote 2

I was just looking through the Dainty Jewells Instagram account, which has quite a few pictures of the Pomeroy girls. Something that stood out to me is that, while Dainty Jewells is clearly apostolic/pentacostal, they also used the hastags #tzniut and #kosher on this picture of Abigail (?). Why? Are apostolic pentacostals generally of the Jewish appropriation variety?

• Upvote 3

Oh Fuck!!  Fuck!! Fuck!! Fuck!!!!

I made the horrid mistake of checking out the link to The Peony Street Boutique.  This little unit is described as "reminding you of everything Chanel".  Yeah, maybe Betty and Ted Chanel down the street.

Coco curses you!  As do I.

1066514226_ScreenShot2018-08-17at7_24_23PM.png.7952b9a004fe9e64e4cfc8b939610bbf.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 19

5 minutes ago, Carol said:

I made the horrid mistake of checking out the link to The Peony Street Boutique.  This little unit is described as "reminding you of everything Chanel".  Yeah, maybe Betty and Ted Chanel down the street.

1066514226_ScreenShot2018-08-17at7_24_23PM.png.7952b9a004fe9e64e4cfc8b939610bbf.png

What the what? Coco "Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance" Chanel? Honey, no. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, Carol said:

In what world would Mlle Chanel dress in something called a "Sprinkles Cardigan"?   Just hideous... it looks like a beginning knitter's attempt at an afghan.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I was just looking through the Dainty Jewells Instagram account, which has quite a few pictures of the Pomeroy girls. Something that stood out to me is that, while Dainty Jewells is clearly apostolic/pentacostal, they also used the hastags #tzniut and #kosher on this picture of Abigail (?). Why? Are apostolic pentacostals generally of the Jewish appropriation variety?

Probably more about trying to market to a wider audience. 

Really, many of those dresses are really pretty, if the hair wasn’t so.....extreme... in some of the photos I’m sure it would have even greater general appeal.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Just now, Mama Mia said:

Probably more about trying to market to a wider audience. 

Yeah, every mainstream article I've read about modest fashion also covers orthodox, mormons, and muslims, and it seems like a lot of them shop in the same places. Gotta be more profitable than marketing exclusively to pentecostals.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Also, what sort of fashion business uses obviously fake bags in their pics?  Like this tragic "Saint Laurent"!  I don't even own a YSL (though I've strongly considered/researched a YSL WOC) and I can immediately see the chevrons and contrast edging are wrong.

I wonder if the Prada tote and the Chloe drew in the pics were photographed at weird angles so purse aficianados wouldn't spot anything amiss.

file.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

That poor teen! A bib, really?

Screenshot_2018-08-17-14-25-29_20180817142900595.jpg

How old is this girl?? And it seems that all those curls really aren’t helping her hair. Poor thing. I would think they could have some fun finding clothing / styling for her - so why dress her like this (( and wow - just realized that’s a bib, not a collar. Damn ) . 

Age appropriate, attractive clothing that fits tween/ young teen girls is hard to find for just secular kids - seems like there would be a real need for this when you throw in all their many rules.

• Upvote 7

Chelsea and her family are pentecostals, I get that. But could anybody explain to me the difference between apostolic and pentecostals? I'm kind of confused since it doesn't really match to the apostolic church I know from Germany. I might be wrong though.

12 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

How old is this girl?? And it seems that all those curls really aren’t helping her hair. Poor thing. I would think they could have some fun finding clothing / styling for her - so why dress her like this (( and wow - just realized that’s a bib, not a collar. Damn ) . 

Age appropriate, attractive clothing that fits tween/ young teen girls is hard to find for just secular kids - seems like there would be a real need for this when you throw in all their many rules.

Actually, long blouses and dresses are very easy to find in normal stores; and a lot of maxi skirts at the moment.

I'm calling bullshit on the whole holier than thou, can't even find clothes that fit my modest standards.

I wear a lot of long-sleeved shirt dresses for practical reasons (very fair skinned, I'd get sunburned even with SPF 50)

A quick 5 min search on H&M and Zara:

http://www2.hm.com/en_us/women/products/shirts-blouses/blouses.html

https://www.zara.com/us/en/woman-dresses-shirt-l1091.html?v1=1074760

Spoiler

skirt.thumb.jpg.6fd3e70cd6d82e76627881f3152cefc6.jpg

1871432382_shirtdress.thumb.jpg.6196c3065f860d47a88e6976dcdc124d.jpg

362573692_zarashirt.thumb.jpg.146b0c987a30287632807ae41363acb6.jpg

1882932790_blousezara.thumb.jpg.d4a8450d8cc5add911b873229187ea5f.jpg

Edited by VaSportsMom
More than two images must be behind a spoiler
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

32 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Actually, long blouses and dresses are very easy to find in normal stores; and a lot of maxi skirts at the moment.

I'm calling bullshit on the whole holier than thou, can't even find clothes that fit my modest standards.

I wear a lot of long-sleeved shirt dresses for practical reasons (very fair skinned, I'd get sunburned even with SPF 50)

A quick 5 min search on H&M and Zara:

http://www2.hm.com/en_us/women/products/shirts-blouses/blouses.html

https://www.zara.com/us/en/woman-dresses-shirt-l1091.html?v1=1074760

skirt.jpg

shirt dress.jpg

zara shirt.jpg

blouse zara.jpg

Oh definitely, for grown women. But for girls in the 10 -14 ish range it can be very hard. Modest or not. Their bodies and maturity are changing very quickly and neither little girls or women’s clothes are really right. The Women’s are too long, the girls don’t allow for curves, etc......  When I was that age they had a specific size range ( not juniors, which was more teen/ young adult ). That was , I guess, transional? In sizing and style. Just something I think they could have fun with, instead of keeping her a frozen in time baby doll, or straight into grown woman world. 

I wasn’t saying anything about modest clothes, in general, being hard to find. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

With a lot of the Pentecostal fashion boutiques, I have to wonder: why are makeup and jewelry the marks of harlots, but it's Modest and Godly to be walking around in a dress that looks like the Homegoods textiles department vomited on you and bedecked in handbags that cost more than a car payment?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Oh definitely, for grown women. But for girls in the 10 -14 ish range it can be very hard. Modest or not. Their bodies and maturity are changing very quickly and neither little girls or women’s clothes are really right. The Women’s are too long, the girls don’t allow for curves, etc......  When I was that age they had a specific size range ( not juniors, which was more teen/ young adult ). That was , I guess, transional? In sizing and style. Just something I think they could have fun with, instead of keeping her a frozen in time baby doll, or straight into grown woman world. 

I wasn’t saying anything about modest clothes, in general, being hard to find. 

Not true either, I'm 160cm 40kg (about 5'2, 90 pounds), my mom and I often shop kids clothes

This was the first to come up on Zara:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/kids-girl-dresses-l360.html?v1=1077239

and on H&M:

http://www2.hm.com/en_us/kids/products/girls-size-8-14y/shirts-blouses.html

Target:

https://www.target.com/c/tops-girls-clothing/-/N-5xtvuZ4y4qz?Nao=0

Spoiler

865739546_zarakids.thumb.jpg.48479e98fa57663693fd3366e13a9f8f.jpg

2141860450_hmkids.jpg.5229d2796cb8939c8deffa99ac8bec90.jpg

hmgoepprod.jpg.e2a09c2cd2af655bdcd2aa5b2fd0f661.jpg

target.thumb.jpg.1080d6b364e9dd8bab3a582bc9a5b566.jpg

Edited by VaSportsMom
More than two images must be behind a spoiler
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 8/17/2018 at 1:38 AM, PumaLover said:

The Roomba/pet comment got me–I got my Roomba as a housewarming gift to myself at the last house. We also had a (beloved) yard tortoise, who we referred to as the Yard Roomba. I miss my Yard Roomba as she was such an awesome creature, so smart and charismatic.

Yard Roomba!  I love that!  I had tortoises when I was a kid, they were everywhere and when we could go to visit my Dad's family in Oklahoma we saw a lot of them on the roads.  Dad would stop every time he saw one, and sometimes he would move them out of the roadway but often he would bring them back to me in the car.  We had a cardboard box in the floorboard and they would go in there, then they would come home with us.  At one time, I had 23 of them running around the back yard.  We built up a raised area for them so they had plenty of room but also couldn't get over the sides.  They were well fed and happy, and eventually all the kids in the neighborhood had them as we gave them to them.

I have had long hair at times, I grew it so I could donate it for wigs for kids.  I've done that several times and so has my daughter.  She still does it, but I can not stand long hair. I think it looks wonderful, but dealing with it is another story.  But as redheads, we were always popular as far as donating it went.  I like to keep it about shoulder length now, and I am overdue for a trim so I may do that today.  I have stereotypical Texas Big Hair, by the way.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Not true either, I'm 160cm 40kg (about 5'2, 90 pounds), my mom and I often shop kids clothes

This was the first to come up on Zara:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/kids-girl-dresses-l360.html?v1=1077239

and on H&M:

http://www2.hm.com/en_us/kids/products/girls-size-8-14y/shirts-blouses.html

Target:

https://www.target.com/c/tops-girls-clothing/-/N-5xtvuZ4y4qz?Nao=0

zara kids.jpg

hm kids.jpg

hmgoepprod.jpg

target.jpg

Okkkaaaayyyy ? Not sure why you’re intent on arguing about what seems like a pretty damn innocuous opinion I have. Or why throwing out a few random shirts means...anything ? I don’t recall saying, or implying, that there are NO appropriate options for young girls that age - just that it’s a good market, because they can be hard to shop for. It jumped out at me because I currently have some young girls in my family in that age range. But you do you.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

With a lot of the Pentecostal fashion boutiques, I have to wonder: why are makeup and jewelry the marks of harlots, but it's Modest and Godly to be walking around in a dress that looks like the Homegoods textiles department vomited on you and bedecked in handbags that cost more than a car payment?

Yeah, I definitely don't get this. Modesty is all about being discreet, not just covering up. There is nothing discreet about what they wear. It completely draws attention to themselves, especially the hair. I don't quite get why covering the body is so much more important than wearing tasteful clothing that doesn't look poorly made or completely outlandish. The things people wear in the sake of "modesty" baffles me because most of the time it is not modest at all.

By the way, the definition of modest is "unassuming or moderate; not especially large, elaborate or expensive". What they wear (Chelsea's daughters especially) is not unassuming, and I'll bet you it's expensive as hell. Oh, and it is very, very elaborate. Pentecostal hair is elaborate times 1,000.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

@Mama Mia, I completely agree with you about how hard it can be to find tailored clothes for girls who are just beginning to develop women’s bodies. Around the time my daughter was 12 (c. 1990), she needed some “dressy” dresses (to be a junior bridesmaid and to wear while singing solos at school concerts). She was petite, and the “little girls’” sizes were too flat-chested and childish-looking, and the “junior sizes” for teens had busts that were too big and looked too grown-up for a seventh grader.

Fortunately, I can sew, so I was able to make her custom-fitted dresses. UNfortunately, she hit a growth spurt and outgrew those dresses in record time! It was the Year of Three Different Shoe Sizes.

Back when I was a tween (early ‘60s), there used to be sub-teen sizes in both clothing and dress patterns. I wish there still were.

Edited by Hane
Historical anecdote!
  • Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Briefly said:

Yard Roomba!  I love that!  I had tortoises when I was a kid, they were everywhere and when we could go to visit my Dad's family in Oklahoma we saw a lot of them on the roads.  Dad would stop every time he saw one, and sometimes he would move them out of the roadway but often he would bring them back to me in the car.  We had a cardboard box in the floorboard and they would go in there, then they would come home with us.  At one time, I had 23 of them running around the back yard.  We built up a raised area for them so they had plenty of room but also couldn't get over the sides.  They were well fed and happy, and eventually all the kids in the neighborhood had them as we gave them to them.

I have had long hair at times, I grew it so I could donate it for wigs for kids.  I've done that several times and so has my daughter.  She still does it, but I can not stand long hair. I think it looks wonderful, but dealing with it is another story.  But as redheads, we were always popular as far as donating it went.  I like to keep it about shoulder length now, and I am overdue for a trim so I may do that today.  I have stereotypical Texas Big Hair, by the way.

We did that too! Dad kept a box in his car and brought back us back turtles he’d find in the road. We’d hang out with them for awhile and then release them into the backyard/field. Snappers were edged out of the road with a stick.  Turtle power!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3