IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

I've checked their clothes out beforebon insta, after Michaellas wedding stuff was linked. It appears to be pushed as church/wedding clothes. Modest formalwear for weddings is their bread and butter is seems. 

• Upvote 3

This woman and her overly dressed and coiffed children both fascinate and repulse me. 

I live in the South and I see big bows all the time.  But I have never, EVER seen anything like what she does to those poor children.

Victorian Death Baby looks like a character from a David Lynch movie.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Do we know that they are quiverful? The photos from the church woman showed larger families but not quiverful (3-5 kids), and Chelsea posted on her instagram (I can't find the post again) about wanting 4 kids, and envisioning that they would be all boys and named "Larry, Jerry, Harry, Terry" or something, and how she could "never have imagined" her 4 princesses with much better names. 

So if they are ok with birth control...I have a suspicion they are done. But maybe they will keep trying for a "little prince" so what do I know?

• Upvote 4

Imagine if you can how she is going to take over her daughters weddings... those wedding dresses! we ain’t seen nothing yet...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

I don’t think Chelsea or her sister have ever said anything that led me to believe they are quiverful. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Imagine if you can how she is going to take over her daughters weddings... those wedding dresses! we ain’t seen nothing yet...

The odd thing is, the wedding dresses of these Pentecostal women in their “group” seem to be fairly tame. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

She loves dressing and designing her perfect living dolls. We can safely assume she needs a boy doll for her collection but like all professional collectors she prefers quality  over Quantity. With 8 or 10 kids she could not do what she does.

• Upvote 5

It seems you can go frilly and frou-frou for little girls’ dresses and hair. The moms and adults at their church and school dress really plainly, although both Chelsea and her sister seem to rock killer heels. 

Wonder when the older girls will be phased out of the matchy matchy themed outfits. The 13 still matches her baby sisters, albeit with longer sleeves and sometimes skirts rather than bubble dresses.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, adidas said:

I think they’ll try for a little boy (Seth Jnr, probably).

They thought they had a boy with the last pregnancy but found out pretty late on the pregnancy that it was going to be a girl. I think she already had stuff monogrammed. 

• Upvote 2

I had to create an entire fake account just to follow this women and I regret nothing. 

I much prefer her sister who has just been to Europe with her 3 girls. I found out they had a big falling out before they had their last babies and no longer even talk. Must be so awkward as they attend church and the church school with their girls everyday. 

I follow this Instagram account on my fake account and it’s so garish I have to share Rufflesmbuttons

951A418D-6829-4D7C-BB7A-8337864AC692.png

So bad 

1493E405-007E-491E-8347-F70FE3F0B868.png

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 12

What the actual fuck? I just took a quick glimpse at this IG account and can't wrap my head about the things I saw. I don't have the words to express my thoughts right now.. it just feels wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

That rufflesnbuttons really takes the cake. Why would you dress your baby like that?? WTF? There was one that was all gold and I couldnt even see the baby at first. Are WE all crazy for not decking out our hospital  beds and babies? I question humanity when people buy a tie around the neck ruffly outfit for a newborn. Bring the ferrets I cant take it!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I had to create an entire fake account just to follow this women and I regret nothing. 

I much prefer her sister who has just been to Europe with her 3 girls. I found out they had a big falling out before they had their last babies and no longer even talk. Must be so awkward as they attend church and the church school with their girls everyday. 

I follow this Instagram account on my fake account and it’s so garish I have to share Rufflesmbuttons

So bad 

Oh my... Rufus bless! Choking hazards much?

Also, please tell me her name isn't Tissy.

Spoiler

gold.JPG.af58972bbc87f7504ba4ecef649775e6.JPG

Spoiler

1540595150_rufflesandfeathers.JPG.d9fd9c4d48b907b7ab5e34023606da66.JPG

Spoiler

feathers.JPG.46e09893fe0e768f4b0f540730d3f8fc.JPG

Spoiler

pink.JPG.1d16073b0cfdff6de64086a321f526c1.JPG

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Also, please tell me her name isn't Tissy.

I'm wondering if it's supposed to be "Sissy", as in sister. That gold mermaid monstrosity. Um, I have no words other than poor child.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

On 8/21/2018 at 7:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think Chelsea or her sister have ever said anything that led me to believe they are quiverful. 

The odd thing is, the wedding dresses of these Pentecostal women in their “group” seem to be fairly tame. 

Can you imagine a random child at a wedding being more dressed up than the bride?

15 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

So bad 

Any idea why they had a falling out? It’s a shame that they haven’t reconciled. What about Christian forgiveness and all that?

As for those frilly monstrosities that will result in a baby choking on a feather...wow. What would possess someone to do that to their baby?

• Upvote 6

What the FUCK am I looking at???

1780597073_ScreenShot2018-08-23at20_12_44.thumb.png.2bd76f0cf5d665486323db0b9ad19449.png

Yes, it really is a "Train up a child" sleep sack.  What next, a cutesy onsie with a design of a paddle and a cane?

I thought FJ had inured me to Fundy WTFery, but I am genuinely shocked.

ETA @HarryPotterFan got there first.  I think my brain seized up, and I lost some time just going WHAAAATTTTTTT???

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

I don’t know if any of you have seen shows on TLC like “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” but I’m thinking maybe some of this woman’s clientele are people in that cultural group. They often dress their newborns in that type of custom clothing. 

• Upvote 5

Those 10 yards of ruffles will be fun to deal with when the baby its meant for does what babies do, and has a poonami!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

There's a serious thing about these kind of ludicrous costumes, and the giant bows etc.  There's a load of research that shows that baby girls are discouraged from being as active as baby boys and baby girls' physical abilities are underestimated compared to the boys (one example: https://www.newsweek.com/why-parents-may-cause-gender-differences-kids-79501). 

But putting a baby girl into 10 yards of ruffles, or expecting her to keep a giant bow/insane bonnet on her head means that from babyhood, girls are physically and behaviorally discouraged from being active, and that kind of thing will follow her for life, especially if she's being raised in the Pomeroy style, where she's put in clothes that she has to be careful about and can't play in.  She will become more passive, less likely to take exercise, more frustrated as she won't have outlets for her natural energy.

Of course, if the average FJer pops a bow on her daughter's head for a picture, and laughs as her baby rips it off, that's fine - in the same way as if she's putting a cowboy hat on her baby.  But thinking one can dress a baby as an elaborate doll is ridiculous, and ends up with Pomeroy style "bow training", because it's more important the the baby is a decorative item than it is that she can explore her world with her hands/roll around - and most importantly, that she's not physically hurt.  "Bow training" with swatting a baby to stop her pulling off her bow is even worse than blanket training, to me (and that's egregious enough) because it's not even about "I can't watch 5 kids under 5 unless I hurt them so they are still", it's hurting a baby just so it looks "good".

Edited by Lurky
Too angry to word right
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1