IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Chelsea blocked me. I followed her a couple days ago when she was public. Now she’s apparently public again ,but I can’t even find her Instagram account. I didn’t comment or anything. I always felt sorry for Abigail. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

Yay, a new rabbit hole! I had to look Pentecostalism because I'm not that familiar with it. Now I'm sure that a few people in my old town were likely Pentecostals. I always wondered why they were never allowed to cut their hair. I found this picture while I was searching and this just looks miserable. I mean, is Jesus going to disown you for cutting your hair? Really? I just hacked all mine off because it was turning into dreadlocks and I couldn't even get a brush through it. 

longhair.jpeg

So I guess they were snaking the shower drain on a daily basis? And going through a bottle of shampoo and conditioner a week?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Shiny said:

Well, what the hell does she think is going to happen when you give a freaking toddler sugar and caffeine? I swear to god these people are as dumb as can possibly be. 

Yeah, the constant Woe Is Mom about her younger daughters being naughty makes me roll my eyes. Not only because yeah, your kids are human kids, not fucking Madame Alexander dolls, of course they're going to misbehave sometimes, but also, lady, you're pumping these kids full of coffee and donuts all the damn time and then complaining on Instagram about them bouncing off the walls. Well, gee, I wonder what could cause that? 

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, Pregnant Before Marriage said:

I don't understand the whole bonnet wearing thing on the youngest. Is there a "rule" that girls wear bonnets until a certain age, then switch to bows bigger than their heads?

I think she makes them wear bonnets until their hair is long enough to be in curls. She seems to be completely obsessed with her daughters' hair. So as long as the baby's hair is not Insta-worthy, no one can see it.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Yay, a new rabbit hole! I had to look Pentecostalism because I'm not that familiar with it. Now I'm sure that a few people in my old town were likely Pentecostals. I always wondered why they were never allowed to cut their hair. I found this picture while I was searching and this just looks miserable. I mean, is Jesus going to disown you for cutting your hair? Really? I just hacked all mine off because it was turning into dreadlocks and I couldn't even get a brush through it. 

longhair.jpeg

As an exotic pole dancer I can't help but imagine what kind of amazing hairography one could do with these manes. I guess it's all fun and games until somebody gets whiplash (or trips on her own hair).

Cleaning the drains of their shower/bathtub must be really fun... NOT!

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

This just shows how we are all different. I LOVE me some elaborate Pentecostal Hair ! 

No, I love it!!! I just can't stand long hair on myself. I keep growing it long and then it drives me crazy and I have to cut (and donate) it. I wish I could love having long hair because I think I look so much better with it. But right now, I have my shoulder length hair pulled back into a teeny tiny ponytail. I am just fascinated that hair is this important, and shows/doesn't how just how godly you are. And it doesn't take into account personal comfort, or preferences, which as I'm typing I realize fundies don't really get to have.

• Upvote 3

The Roomba/pet comment got me–I got my Roomba as a housewarming gift to myself at the last house. We also had a (beloved) yard tortoise, who we referred to as the Yard Roomba. I miss my Yard Roomba as she was such an awesome creature, so smart and charismatic.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 8

Looks like FJ scared her into going private again. I'm glad I got to see it before she did. I think the outfits are completely crazy, but the girls look genuinely happy, they have lots of personality and I think Chelsea enjoys them individually. She may write a but like "woe is me" but I get the feeling it's just her style and I think she enjoys the antics. She doesn't really try to present the girls or her life like they are perfect despite the way she dresses them. 

ETA- I think passing a Roomba off as a pet is absolutely hysterical! More clever even than Junie B Jones taking a fish stick on pet day.

Edited by Anonymousguest
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Yup she’s gone private again. Not surprised.

Those outfits might be ridiculously OTT but they do look well made, and they’re not just a random mish-mash of tops and colours like the Rod kids wear. And they do seem like they have a nice life (spanking aside), rather than being crammed into an RV.

The girls model for Dainty Jewells, the company that Michael Keilen got her bridesmaids’ dresses from. Mary Grace and Abigail are featured, as well as a cousin.

https://daintyjewells.com/little-girls/

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

https://www.instagram.com/closetofthe_quints/

It is public, is the account where her sister and her sell the *old* (1 time used) outfits and shoes.

The old niece looks really weird with the giant bows and curls. She is a teenager. They could dress her in a hipermodest, 1940 girly fashion and at least, let her grow.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The girls model for Dainty Jewells, the company that Michael Keilen got her bridesmaids’ dresses from. Mary Grace and Abigail are featured, as well as a cousin.

https://daintyjewells.com/little-girls/

Wow, I love some of the dresses. Minus the black ones. Girls look like little rich victorian orphans with those. I mean, children in modern black clothes can look cool, but black lace long dresses... not very much.

Anyway, some of the dresses are beautiful. If only the girls were allowed to wear a softer hairdo... I wonder what is a mother's mind to be able to comb her daughters hair to the point of hurting them. It is insane.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

https://www.instagram.com/closetofthe_quints/

It is public, is the account where her sister and her sell the *old* (1 time used) outfits and shoes.

The old niece looks really weird with the giant bows and curls. She is a teenager. They could dress her in a hipermodest, 1940 girly fashion and at least, let her grow.

That poor teen! A bib, really?

Screenshot_2018-08-17-14-25-29_20180817142900595.jpg

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 4

5 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Looks like FJ scared her into going private again. I'm glad I got to see it before she did. I think the outfits are completely crazy, but the girls look genuinely happy, they have lots of personality and I think Chelsea enjoys them individually. She may write a but like "woe is me" but I get the feeling it's just her style and I think she enjoys the antics. She doesn't really try to present the girls or her life like they are perfect despite the way she dresses them. 

ETA- I think passing a Roomba off as a pet is absolutely hysterical! More clever even than Junie B Jones taking a fish stick on pet day.

I hope she caught the car seat bit, does some reading and changes habits (Chelsea, if you're reading, Car Seats for the Littles is a great start). We may snark or flat-out disagree on dresses and bows and more but we do want the kiddos to be safe and happy!

Also, I totally agree on the Roomba as a pet (complete with leash :laughing-rollingred:) being hilarious. I'm keeping that idea in my back pocket.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I have been following this family for over a year and since before I joined FJ. I never actually followed them, always just lurked around before they were private I've been able to catch up again now that they were public for a time. i can't believe she's getting the baby into curls now. It almost makes me wonder when the next one is to come (maybe that's why they moved? I know a lot of couple wait until 20 weeks to do public announcements?) and if it will be another girl stuffed into dresses and bows or if it will be a boy. Would Chelsea even  know what to do with a boy?

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

My mother bit us as children to get us to stop biting other kids. It was the given recommendation among my parents' friends.
I told this to my therapist and she said "your mother bit you??" lol.

I had a child who was a biter,my youngest.I had a neighbor with a daughter,his age..also a biter.They bit each other,and as far as I know,did not bite again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Those clothes are just...wow.I can't think of anything...to respond to it.

I feel for those girls.My mother was controlling...she had what she thought was good intentions,but still, she tried to control our lives from the time we were little until after we were grown.

She tried control what I wore...it got bad when I was a teen.I wanted to wear what the other girls wore..even though some of the 70's styles were something!Our relatives from Germany sent clothes and other things....the thing was,the clothing was something a woman in her 60's had worn,not a teenage girl.My mother did not understand it,or me, at all.We argued frequently during my teenage years.I had long long hair,went out of town to visit my cousins.I came back,my center part was off center...,my cousin with naturally curly hair..loved to brush and style my long straight hair.Well.my mother, says "Melon,the first thing we will do is get that part back in the middle"!!!If I recall correctly,my father stepped in,in my defense.

My father LOVED coffee.I was very young almost 5,my younger brother was a year old,I remember my mother complaining about my father giving my brother the dregs of his coffee,not a lot,but she did not like my father doing it.My brother has liked coffee ever since then,too.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

Private again that was quick! It’s our own fault lol. Those poor preteens I cant imagine having to dress like a toddler at that age.

• Upvote 7

Probably like Gwen Shamblin's grandsons. If you haven't seen that Little Lord Fauntleroy mess pop over there and check it out, I think photos of her family are earlier in the Gwen threads.

It makes me really curious about how Chelsea or her sister would dress a son. 
She actively suppresses their desires and personalities. Control like that runs deeper than what they wear-- when she opens her insta back up, read past her fancy words into what she actually means. Especially about Abigail. Happy faces in pictures do not mean genuinely happy children.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I fell into a MASSIVE rabbit hole with this lady yesterday. I think on one picture, she made a comment about Abigail hating the hair and clothes. A lady commented, "she can come here and stay in her PJs all day and not have her hair done!". I was actually surprised that Chelsea responded back saying, "I'll send her right over" with a smile/laugh emoji. So she knows Abigail hates the clothes and hair...and continues to do it all anyway? Right.....

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I fell into a MASSIVE rabbit hole with this lady yesterday. I think on one picture, she made a comment about Abigail hating the hair and clothes. A lady commented, "she can come here and stay in her PJs all day and not have her hair done!". I was actually surprised that Chelsea responded back saying, "I'll send her right over" with a smile/laugh emoji. So she knows Abigail hates the clothes and hair...and continues to do it all anyway? Right.....

I only have boys but I have one son that is extremely sensitive about his hair. He doesn’t like it washed or combed. He doesn’t like it getting wet when he is in a pool. He doesn’t even like it when I brush it to the side with my fingers! If she had a child like mine, they would be absolutely miserable. How sad. To make a child miserable every day just because the mother is ridiculously superficial. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Why wouldn't she just pay attention to her kids and understand that their pain/suffering/discomfort is as important as hers? She only cares about her own gain in this, so she can be complimented on her kiddos and feel an ego-boost because she has such "well-groomed" kids.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

At least one of those daughters is likely to have a sensitive scalp and to to find it extra uncomfortable to have her hair styled like that. To ignore that for your own vanity (which is a sin) and gratification is selfish. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

Sorry! I remember something else I saw. Mary Grace and Abigail at one point slept over their Nanas house and from the sounds of it, their Nana works at a catering company. The girls went with their Nana to work and helped out. Because they weren't dressed as Chelsea usually dresses them, Chelsea asked either her mom or MIL if she was EMBARRASSED to be out with the girls with them dressed how they were! Not only is that despicable (the idea that a nana would be embarrassed to be with her granddaughters because of how they were or weren't dressed), the grandma replied something like - oh, it's okay, nobody recognized them anyway without their hair done. :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Sorry - I can't link to any of this anymore. 

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Sorry! I remember something else I saw. Mary Grace and Abigail at one point slept over their Nanas house and from the sounds of it, their Nana works at a catering company. The girls went with their Nana to work and helped out. Because they weren't dressed as Chelsea usually dresses them, Chelsea asked either her mom or MIL if she was EMBARRASSED to be out with the girls with them dressed how they were! Not only is that despicable (the idea that a nana would be embarrassed to be with her granddaughters because of how they were or weren't dressed), the grandma replied something like - oh, it's okay, nobody recognized them anyway without their hair done. :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Sorry - I can't link to any of this anymore. 

I remember that! They were just wearing regular clothing like a t shirt and a skirt. 

• Upvote 6