IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

30 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Mama Mia, I completely agree with you about how hard it can be to find tailored clothes for girls who are just beginning to develop women’s bodies. Around the time my daughter was 12 (c. 1990), she needed some “dressy” dresses (to be a junior bridesmaid and to wear while singing solos at school concerts). She was petite, and the “little girls’” sizes were too flat-chested and childish-looking, and the “junior sizes” for teens had busts that were too big and looked too grown-up for a seventh grader.

Fortunately, I can sew, so I was able to make her custom-fitted dresses. UNfortunately, she hit a growth spurt and outgrew those dresses in record time! It was the Year of Three Different Shoe Sizes.

Back when I was a tween (early ‘60s), there used to be sub-teen sizes in both clothing and dress patterns. I wish there still were.

Yes! I was an early bloomer ( for the time ) and remember being VERY thrilled to be able to do my back to school shopping in the  Young Jr. Teen (IIRC ) section at 10 ish. I was ( and am ) fairly short, but curvy. The girls section clothes were built for children - if the waist fit the chest and hips were too small, and vice versa.  The women’s  made me look like I was playing dress up. And the high schooler age - well I liked them, very much, but my mom sure didn’t lol.

• Upvote 7

I was always tall for my age. Been almost 5’9” since I was 13. My problem was the length of clothes. I think I was 10 or 11 when I started shopping in the JR. section. Fortunatly when I was a teen skirts with shorts under them was in style. 

• Upvote 4

I've always had the opposite problem: skirts that look fetching on taller ladies make me (4'10'') look like I'm on my way to eat a chocolate mess at the Marketplace Grill and gaze adoringly and vacantly at my boyfriend. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I was always tall for my age. Been almost 5’9” since I was 13. My problem was the length of clothes. I think I was 10 or 11 when I started shopping in the JR. section. Fortunatly when I was a teen skirts with shorts under them was in style. 

I'm 5'9" and my sister is 5'10".  The main thing we both noticed is that sleeves were never long enough.  Pants legs being long enough meant that the waist was not going to fit. But sleeves were what really bothered both of us the most.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Yes! I was an early bloomer ( for the time ) and remember being VERY thrilled to be able to do my back to school shopping in the  Young Jr. Teen (IIRC ) section at 10 ish. I was ( and am ) fairly short, but curvy. The girls section clothes were built for children - if the waist fit the chest and hips were too small, and vice versa.  The women’s  made me look like I was playing dress up. And the high schooler age - well I liked them, very much, but my mom sure didn’t lol.

My girls are small, slim and petite. It was really hard to find clothes for them as younger teens. The girls sizes tend to be wider, so waisted are to small but legs and arms are too short. But the it sizes are not small enough. There are more sizes/styles available now with my 3rd girl than there were several years ago for my oldest girl, AE has a 00 short that is styled to fit a teen with curves, and not all the styles look too mature. 

• Upvote 5

I'm so very disappointed she went private before I could fully appreciate her feed. What are those weirdo headpieces about? (Not the bows) I got a tension headache just looking at those poor girls with their hair scraped up so severely. 

I did however gleefully scroll through Dainty Jewells and this is my current favourite wtf moment:

IMG_20180819_010908.png

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 5

48 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I'm so very disappointed she went private before I could fully appreciate her feed. What are those weirdo headpieces about? (Not the bows) I got a tension headache just looking at those poor girls with their hair scraped up so severely. 

I did however gleefully scroll through Dainty Jewells and this is my current favourite wtf moment:

IMG_20180819_010908.png

Victorian Death Baby Curses You.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 25
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I've always had the opposite problem: skirts that look fetching on taller ladies make me (4'10'') look like I'm on my way to eat a chocolate mess at the Marketplace Grill and gaze adoringly and vacantly at my boyfriend. 

Same. I can never find pants that fit me. If I had smaller hips I could probably fit in the petites clothing but I always have to roll pants up about three inches, forming ridiculous looking cuffs. I could probably hem them myself, but it's too intimidating to do so.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

IMG_20180819_010908.png

it looks like Wednesday Addams' baptism photo. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 23

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

IMG_20180819_010908.png

She looks like wants to haunt/kill whomever put her in that 

(Also, is she bald or just have very fair hair? Which makes me wonder if she had chemo and lost her hair, and had a big itchy bow put on her head)

31 minutes ago, CatholicLite said:

Same. I can never find pants that fit me. If I had smaller hips I could probably fit in the petites clothing but I always have to roll pants up about three inches, forming ridiculous looking cuffs. I could probably hem them myself, but it's too intimidating to do so.

I have some pants that really need to be hemmed but I don’t trust myself to be able to make it even. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

@CatholicLite, yes times 100. Paul (whose opinion I dont generally pay any attention to) even had a verse specifically about not adorning yourself with curled hair. If these uber Prostestants are so committed to taking the Bible seriously, then you can start by 1st and for most applying it to yourselves. I think the chutzpah of fundies in being so brazen in their hypocrisy is staggering. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@CatholicLite, yes times 100. Paul (whose opinion I dont generally pay any attention to) even had a verse specifically about not adorning yourself with curled hair. If these uber Prostestants are so committed to taking the Bible seriously, then you can start by 1st and for most applying it to yourselves. I think the chutzpah of fundies in being so brazen in their hypocrisy is staggering. 

Yes! This is why literal interpretation of the Bible rubs me so wrong! It's all about cultural context. I bet some of these women eat shrimp or wear clothes with mixed fabric. To really understand the Bible is not to just read it, but to look at it in the historical and cultural context it was written in, and ultimately decide for ourselves how to apply it in our daily lives.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Hane said:

Victorian Death Baby Curses You.

I nearly choked on my coffee and now I can't stop laughing! Thank you, @Hane. Just what I needed before another day of deep cleaning and decluttering.

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

She looks like wants to haunt/kill whomever put her in that 

Who could blame her. 

• Haha 12

8 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

Ankle lenght jeans are in style at the moment ,they look like normal-lenght jeans on tiny persons :) H&M has them for about 15$ :my_wink: also stretchy fabric, so they fit just about anyone. Usually a bit too wide around the waist, but that can be fixed with a belt :my_tongue:

Also kids sizes go way up these days , the larger sizes are too big for my frame actually. Girls weigh more on average now and since bady fat percentage is a major trigger for puberty in girls, so there are clothes for 12-year olds that fit my adult shape.

Now if anyone knows where to get tiny shoes, preferably in black and sorta casual business, I'm all ears! :)

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 2

@HarryPotterFan, I think the baby is just bald. My sister and I were bald until we were 3.  Like the young woman in the mustard blouse, we don't have any eyebrows/are barely visible. Our mother, her mother, and several aunts have those genetics.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@HarryPotterFan, I think the baby is just bald. My sister and I were bald until we were 3.  Like the young woman in the mustard blouse, we don't have any eyebrows/are barely visible. Our mother, her mother, and several aunts have those genetics.  

Yeah there’s a strawberry blonde girl that models for dainty jewels. She’s very fair and her eyebrows are so blonde you can’t see them. She looks like that bald baby in black. It might be her sister. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Ankle lenght jeans are in style at the moment ,they look like normal-lenght jeans on tiny persons :) H&M has them for about 15$ :my_wink: also stretchy fabric, so they fit just about anyone. Usually a bit too wide around the waist, but that can be fixed with a belt :my_tongue:

Also kids sizes go way up these days , the larger sizes are too big for my frame actually. Girls weigh more on average now and since bady fat percentage is a major trigger for puberty in girls, so there are clothes for 12-year olds that fit my adult shape.

Now if anyone knows where to get tiny shoes, preferably in black and sorta casual business, I'm all ears! :)

And those same jeans look like capris on me.

If you know your foot measurements there are lots of cheap adult shoes online from China in tiny sizes.  Aliexpress, for instance. :)

Edited by acheronbeach
Hit submit too early
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

@acheronbeach as long as you're able to fit into a normal bed - those are fucking expensive when custom made!

Hospital scrubs are a problem, I use Bandaids to keep me from tripping over my pants... Plus I have to roll up the sleeves (of short-sleeved, t-shirt like scrub shirts, dammit) so they won't go past my elbow. I look like a little kid dressing up like a doctor. Really helps with the respect thing :romance-caress: and they rarely have surgical gloves in my size (5).

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I finally started splurging and getting maxi dresses and pants professsionally hemmed if I really like them. It costs about $10.

• Upvote 3

Other Protip for shorties: Uniqlo will hem their pants, skirts, and dresses for you for a small fee (more if you want it a little more refined/less visible). I love their stuff and their prices are pretty reasonable (especially when they're having a sale), so it's really worth it. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Other Protip for shorties: Uniqlo will hem their pants, skirts, and dresses for you for a small fee (more if you want it a little more refined/less visible). I love their stuff and their prices are pretty reasonable (especially when they're having a sale), so it's really worth it. 

Thanks! Tried them (Yay, Asian brand, they gotta have small stuff!) too long and way too big...:pb_confused:

Princess highway has small, sort of Modcloth style stuff, it's an Australian brand though https://www.princesshighway.com.au

Pretty ballerinas, a bit expensive, but very comfy, they go down to a size 34/3 https://www.prettyballerinas.com.au

Zalando has a petite and @acheronbeach a tall line https://www.zalando.co.uk/petite/

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Love 1

On 8/17/2018 at 1:31 AM, mango_fandango said:

Yup she’s gone private again. Not surprised.

Those outfits might be ridiculously OTT but they do look well made, and they’re not just a random mish-mash of tops and colours like the Rod kids wear. And they do seem like they have a nice life (spanking aside), rather than being crammed into an RV.

The girls model for Dainty Jewells, the company that Michael Keilen got her bridesmaids’ dresses from. Mary Grace and Abigail are featured, as well as a cousin.

https://daintyjewells.com/little-girls/

Some of those dresses are pretty cute. I really like the Central Park cream with black polka dots. Most of them are too long and froofroo for me. Or my girls. And my 6 year old loves dresses, but she wouldn’t choose them. 

• Upvote 2

What is this girl wearing on her head?? 

Spoiler

995D56E6-7694-4CB8-9F86-8836669589C9.thumb.jpeg.df26f02f26c9326fdb8c0fc22445a716.jpeg

The dresses are pretty, but surely not suitable for everyday wear. They all look like they’re off to a fancy party or a wedding (or, in the case of the black dresses, a funeral). The womens’ outfits are much better in that regard, practical everyday type clothing. I’d still probably feel “dressed up” in that kind of outfit, but at least they’re not all lacy and fancy. Probably the most “everyday” of the girls’ dresses is this: 

Spoiler

CBBE6EEB-D5A2-4FD9-A116-B6AD93562677.jpeg.b3a8906fc01f768e40f21690ee2587f0.jpeg

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 5

I saw this dress and immediately thought that this is the only one I'd buy. It looks appropriate for a child and I love that it is so colorful.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

That dress is super cute. Although it looks like there’s some crinoline under the skirt that might be annoying for a kid.  

• Upvote 3