Hide contents

749615397_anotherritz.JPG.cc45b26ed8a708df3cfd4ecfa81ad302.JPG

Who names their kid legacy?

Hide contents

149057106_whonamestheirkidlegacy.thumb.JPG.d2cba65edb87c718a7637886bb58fecd.JPG

Stori isn't ready:

Hide contents

706910475_storiisntready.thumb.JPG.99411e2864c2da973b98cdc07c068243.JPG

Why do these people hate their babies so much??

14 minutes ago, Ali said:

Melania is not strapped in and it looks like the car is moving. :angry-banghead:

Straps would ruin the entire ensemble! It would squish the outfit and decorations! Which is far more important than the baby’s safety :roll:

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely think there’s a distinct cultural group that is into her work besides just the conservative Pentecostals. My guess is Romnichals. I remember the cast of “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” often had children with names like that. 

I'm getting more of a Southern-Middle US, lower middle class vibes. The kind that does beauty pageants and calls themselves god-fearing, conservative "patriots" .

Romnichals were slaves in the US too, can't imagine them liking Trumps comments.

Seems like all the babies are white as far as I've scrolled?

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 1

Holy fucking crap the Ruffles n Buttons stuff. DEAR LORD.

Those babies don’t look cute in those outfits, they look fucking ridiculous. 

Stori? Legacy? Ritz? Holy Tapdancing Christ on a Cracker those names. I can’t even.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

I'm getting more of a Southern-Middle US, lower middle class vibes. The kind that does beauty pageants and calls themselves god-fearing, conservative "patriots" .

Romnichals were slaves in the US too, can't imagine them liking Trumps comments.

Seems like all the babies are white as far as I've scrolled?

I don’t know much about the Romnichal community. But based on what I do know, I imagine they would choose Trump over Hillary any day of the week. But I could definitely be wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know much about the Romnichal community. But based on what I do know, I imagine they would choose Trump over Hillary any day of the week. But I could definitely be wrong.

Can't tell you much about US Romnichals either, but I think Trumps "shithole country" comments, "let's build a wall", separating kids from their parents while trying to cross the border and locking them up in detention camps - "They're not people, they're animals" sitting well with them in general.

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 1

I'm not surprised that people with that taste level would choose Trump-themed baby names.

But seriously, how much are these people spending on tulle and (poorly designed) custom fabric, just to take the world's worst phone pictures of the result? Turn off the flash!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I can't get over how many photos of babies looking pissed off/angry/depressed there are in that insta.  I know it's not always easy to get a cute photo of a baby, but if you're spending the money on 10 metres of ruffles, at least spending 10 mins getting a good shot!  It's not like these terrible people are just putting the baby into a hideous ensemble for just 1 photo, and then popping them back into a snuggly babygro...  And even if the parents have Jill Duggar levels of photography skills, doesn't mean the company should post them!

ETA @NachosFlandersStyle we're definitely on the same wavelength!

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, PopRox said:

- While I always wanted the prettiest dress at the store, we shopped at places like the Bon-Ton (does that even exist anymore?0, JC Penny, and Boscov's; and Mom was always good at finding markdowns and deals (and now I am, too!).

I don't know if it's closing everywhere, but I do know of one Bon-Ton that's closing or has already closed in south central Pennsylvania. Luckily, Boscov's seems to still be going strong. I love that store so much. I don't live near one, so it's a huge event when I get to one. Otherwise, I do a lot of online buying from them. Their clearance sales are awesome.

Looking at all these photos of babies in over the top outfits, I feel so bad for my own two kids. They started life back in the 90s in Children's Place and Carter's clothes, usually purchased at 75% off. They were SEVERELY deprived.

Speaking of Jill Rodrigues, I hope to Rufus she never discovers Chelsea Pomeroy. :blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

The babies seem to detest those outfits

Spoiler

2052427656_effyou.JPG.e58de58f1392214d44a58b754f87f430.JPG

She hates flowers

Spoiler

1124148180_hateflowers.JPG.a29b70028c80c1f19d039456b9ce6e75.JPG

2085413025_pissedoff.thumb.JPG.851024df3416048f312090a115682a47.JPGWilla looks SEVERLY pissed off (what is it with those ugly cheap us fuck necklaces?)

'you will pay for this one day'

Spoiler

612635501_youwillpayforthis.thumb.JPG.f29cc6f8257ba654c0ff52ae3e0316c9.JPG

practicing the stink eye at a young age

Spoiler

70583424_stinkeye.JPG.9829821dd8764581e24200279a72ac33.JPG

this one seems resigned to her fate

Spoiler

50984000_resignedtoherfate.JPG.f4577169134dd7ec5424d1592db08f86.JPG

Willa: "Dafuq?!"

Spoiler

338088267_dafuqwilla.JPG.6e61f7d187fe157a03061b2006893094.JPG

Again, thank you! @Milly-Molly-Mandy :) This is a gold mine :D

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 7

Oh I get a headache for those poor girls with their hair pulled back so tightly.  The headbands and the outfits are certainly something...what I'm not sure, but something!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Stori? Legacy? Ritz? Holy Tapdancing Christ on a Cracker those names. I can’t even.

Don’t you mean Christ on a Ritz cracker?

Also every time I see the name “Stori” on this thread I read it as “Stormi” and wonder why Trump supporters want to name their baby after a woman he had an affair with. (ETA: or that kardashian baby?)

36 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

The babies seem to detest those outfits

Hide contents

1124148180_hateflowers.JPG.a29b70028c80c1f19d039456b9ce6e75.JPG

That font. Black font on navy. Dear Rufus. How is it humanly possible to be so bad at don’t color choice? And so bad at pattern designing general. I should show this shit to my friend’s sister who is in design school. This woman’s aesthetic makes babies cry. Literally. I hope she goes on Project Runway just because it would be hilarious to hear what the other designers think of her.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely think there’s a distinct cultural group that is into her work besides just the conservative Pentecostals. My guess is Romnichals. I remember the cast of “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” often had children with names like that. 

I think you're right. Clicking around through people who comment on her fb, it seems divided between pentecostals like herself, traveller/romani communities, and assorted pageant moms.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Don’t you mean Christ on a Ritz cracker?

This is all I can think of...

Spoiler

f0b.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

On 8/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, squiddysquid said:

That poor teen! A bib, really?

Screenshot_2018-08-17-14-25-29_20180817142900595.jpg

She would probably be horrified if she knew, but the oldest girl totally looks like she is dressed acording to the japanese fashion subculture "lolita". I could see them wanting to buy her clothes if they were a little bigger.

especially in this one, she even has a kawaii ice cream purse and a bow bigger than her head!

Edited by llucie
to add photo
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

First FJ introduced me to reborn doll YouTube and now to rufflesnbuttons Instagram.  May Rufus bless you all for enriching my life so very much.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

Bought this for a friend's newborn :) Downside, the joke is all lost if they have a C-section...

freshly squeezed.jpg

• Haha 11

Is this kid's name King David II?

And another Melania

Spoiler

I was looking at someone who follows and likes her posts and she makes some very interesting fashions for adults (modest of course unless you consider the 10 loud, clashing patterns)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

The gold adorned baby is in fact named "Tissy". If you have access to Instagram then I strongly encourage you to check out her mom's feed, it's tagged in the photos of rufflesnbuttons tab. (Definitely not fundie.) 

Here's Tissy's gaudy nursery complete with swing and golden baby cage. 

IMG_20180824_210100.png

IMG_20180824_210115.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 4

6 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

The gold adorned baby is in fact named "Tissy". If you have access to Instagram then I strongly encourage you to check out her mom's feed, it's tagged in the photos of rufflesnbuttons tab. (Definitely not fundie.) 

Here's Tissy's gaudy nursery complete with swing and golden baby cage. 

IMG_20180824_210100.png

IMG_20180824_210115.png

That nursery is actually quite pretty. But not practical at all. I feel like this is the theme of this culture. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, llucie said:

She would probably be horrified if she knew, but the oldest girl totally looks like she is dressed acording to the japanese fashion subculture "lolita". I could see them wanting to buy her clothes if they were a little bigger.

especially in this one, she even has a kawaii ice cream purse and a bow bigger than her head!

Lolita is not what the name may imply.  The name was chosen specifically because it sounds nice, and comes from Japan.  It's childlike dressing but not necessarily sexual.  My daughter is very much into the Lolita clothing.  Yes, some of it probably is.  But the majority isn't.  My daughter has bought clothing from Japan and some of it is absolutely gorgeous.  It's not cheap, but the quality is amazing.  With her permission, here are a few examples.  She is 26 now, and belongs to a local group who wear the clothing.  Many are teens, but many are older than she is.  Obviously, Jessie is her real name!

Jessie_Lolita_Dec_2015_C.JPG

Jessie_Lolita_Dec_2015_B.JPG

I'm not sure if the picture shows her name to everybody or just to me, but the way I had it saved was "Jessie Lolita" and I didn't want that to confuse anybody.  Jessie is girl in the picture, Lolita is the clothing style.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

50 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Lolita is not what the name may imply.  The name was chosen specifically because it sounds nice, and comes from Japan.  It's childlike dressing but not necessarily sexual.  My daughter is very much into the Lolita clothing.  Yes, some of it probably is.  But the majority isn't.  My daughter has bought clothing from Japan and some of it is absolutely gorgeous.  It's not cheap, but the quality is amazing.  With her permission, here are a few examples.  She is 26 now, and belongs to a local group who wear the clothing.  Many are teens, but many are older than she is.  Obviously, Jessie is her real name!

Jessie_Lolita_Dec_2015_C.JPG

Jessie_Lolita_Dec_2015_B.JPG

I'm not sure if the picture shows her name to everybody or just to me, but the way I had it saved was "Jessie Lolita" and I didn't want that to confuse anybody.  Jessie is girl in the picture, Lolita is the clothing style.

I know! i love lolita! i said she would be horrified because its definetely not a fundie thing.

And yes is super expensive, actually if she sell the clothes for older sizes she could make real cash! like the pink dress with bow, i have seen lolitas with almost the same dress (maybe a little bit shorter).

Also it totally makes sense because lolita style inspiration IS child clothes from the past.

I think is a cute style, but not to force on anyone. If you choose it yourself cool, but i dont like that she seems to force her daughters to do it even if they dont like it.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

And of course, a quiverfull layette:

Screen_Shot_2018-08-24_at_3_40.29_PM.png

Of course, gotta remind them from the moment they are born that they aren’t an individual and instead are a pawn in mommy and daddy’s belief system. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

To be fair, to train up a child was in Proverbs a few thousand years before the Pearls.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

And it looks like Seth Pomeroy is not really a realtor but brokers land deals with some sort of payment plans? Looks scammy as hell.

https://www.pomeroyland.com/property-for-sale

I don't know anything about real estate, so I'm a little confused by their website.  They'll pay up to $3000/acre for land within 90 minutes of central Arkansas.  The lot they have for sale is four acres, for $29,000 (about 2 1/2 times what they paid for it).  But the financing (?) is $276.98/month for 20 years (240 payments), so $66,475.20, plus an additional $500 for the down payment.  67K for something whose value is 29K?  Am I understanding this correctly?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3