IGNORED

Jinger 32: Light into the Darkness According to Jeremy

Coconut Flan

But that has to mean he has to care about people that aren't white. But it's funny that we haven't heard anything from the fundies on this sad issue

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I saw it on Broadway about 5 years ago. It's a great show 

I've seen it twice so far, I LOVE It. Especially "Spooky Mormon Hell Dream"

Did anyone else see that picture of Jeremy with the dog? The caption reads weirdly. It reminded me of a drunk post. 

44 minutes ago, JMO said:

Did anyone else see that picture of Jeremy with the dog? The caption reads weirdly. It reminded me of a drunk post. 

This one, from Instagram?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171029-031547.thumb.jpg.7d0800040b07c9da4eb4736912bfbbfe.jpg

It's awfully well spelled and punctuated for drunk, but it definitely reads a bit silly. Tipsy, maybe?

He somehow seems more relaxed showing affection for that dog in the photo than he normally does with Jinger.... I'm sick of seeing those 'dead behind the eyes' smiles and stiff side hugs whenever JinJer pose together.s

On another note, I work for a church (don't ask- it is a strange position to be in for someone with my ambivalent views on religious institutions) and the Chief Sermonizer (Priest/Pastor/Father/Reverend/whatever he's called) was telling me the other day to go and watch The Book Of Mormon and then started singing one of the songs at me. Was a little unexpected and unnerving, I must admit.....

On 10/26/2017 at 3:23 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

that's exactly why one of my friends read Twilight. She wanted to elk people who gushed over the book exactly why they're wrong :pb_lol:

I did the same thing. Read that awful piece of trash and then tore apart a girl who'd been drooling over Edward. It's like a textbook on emotionally abusive relationships. I'm glad there were others out there fighting the good fight. 

(Edited to add that I wasn't cruel, I just explained, loudly, why Edward embodied things you'd never want in a real, healthy relationship.) 

1 hour ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I did the same thing. Read that awful piece of trash and then tore apart a girl who'd been drooling over Edward. It's like a textbook on emotionally abusive relationships. I'm glad there were others out there fighting the good fight. 

(Edited to add that I wasn't cruel, I just explained, loudly, why Edward embodied things you'd never want in a real, healthy relationship.) 

I read quite a bit of the first book for the same reason. Not all of it. I skimmed a lot as I could not take the horrible writing. I was teaching high school when it initially became popular and I had girls in class that were going on about how they wanted someone exactly like Edward and how romantic it all was. I did my best to set them straight. It is indeed a practically a textbook on abusive relationships. 

don't forget that the Twilight books then spawned the fan fiction that turned into 50 Shades of Gray.  That was such a terrible book and not because it focused on a kink sex fetish.  That was the least bothersome part. 

When I was teen,  there was book publisher called "Harlequin books".  They were all thin paper backs that you could read in one sitting.  The formula was almost always the same, and involved a virginal but wise young women, often off on her own for the first time.  She is put in the path of a cold, mysterious handsome and wealthy man.  They have chemistry right away, but it goes unspoken.  Often the mystery man has another worldly woman in his life and of course the virginal girl feels she can't compete.  Eventually the man, who has likely treated her with contempt, and harshness along the way,  can't hold back his feelings anymore and he kisses her roughly, leaving her lips bruised.  But they part and he becomes even colder towards her until finally on the last page, he gives up, confesses his undying love, kisses tenderly this time and proposes. 

The books were devoured by pre-teens but also older women as well.  This is what Twilight is, and it is what 50 Shades is.  The underlying premise is the love of a good, and virtuous woman can fix a cold and emotionally damaged man.    This particular thee has probably been the cause of many a bad marriage, and many abusive relationships.  From the beginning, young women are fed this as an idea of romance.  We are taught to believe if we can get our man to love us enough, he will change from the basic asshole he has always been.  So thus, if he doesn't change, then it is a failure of ours, not his.  Somehow we weren't lovable enough.  Or we didn't love them enough. 

I don't remember growing up with very many stories where a woman meets a man, man is a jerk and woman says 'fuck you and the horse you rode in, you emotionally stunted loser" and then goes about her business. 

39 minutes ago, calimojo said:

When I was teen,  there was book publisher called "Harlequin books".  They were all thin paper backs that you could read in one sitting.

Like Mills and Boon (which I think is also Harlequin). They're still going!

52 minutes ago, calimojo said:

don't forget that the Twilight books then spawned the fan fiction that turned into 50 Shades of Gray.  That was such a terrible book and not because it focused on a kink sex fetish.  That was the least bothersome part. 

When I was teen,  there was book publisher called "Harlequin books".  They were all thin paper backs that you could read in one sitting.  The formula was almost always the same, and involved a virginal but wise young women, often off on her own for the first time.  She is put in the path of a cold, mysterious handsome and wealthy man.  They have chemistry right away, but it goes unspoken.  Often the mystery man has another worldly woman in his life and of course the virginal girl feels she can't compete.  Eventually the man, who has likely treated her with contempt, and harshness along the way,  can't hold back his feelings anymore and he kisses her roughly, leaving her lips bruised.  (snip)

You forgot that the man was generally way older.  Like 18 year old woman to 35 year old man. And he had tons of sexual experience but freaked out if she even so much as looked at another guy.

Totally off topic, but why is anything non-Duggar-related more interesting to chat about than anything actually on-topic?????

On 10/18/2017 at 8:23 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Jinger looks like a hostage in that photo.

Sorry but no. If she was even remotely a captive person the captor would never stand in front of them. A captor would stand behind and place an arm hold of some sort just to let them know that they are caught and held.

I had to go back and look at the picture again, and honestly,  what a weird picture?  Jeremy looks barely aware that the 'love of his life' is even present.  And Jinger's pose almost looks as if she is mocking the typical Gothard wife pose.  Maybe they meant this picture ironically?  I mean that would be pretty f'in cool if they were totally in on the joke and just trolling Gothardism and Duggarism.  But sadly, I doubt they are capable of that kind of irony.

I hope they are as in love as they try to so hard to convince everyone they are.  Jinger deserves happiness.  She has had her childhood sold to the circus and was forced to not only be the entertainment but also one of the worker bees keeping things going while queen bee and king bee ( yes I know there really is no such thing as a king bee), stand aside and preach about how to raise children, while they ironically turned over raising more than half of their children to someone else. 

Again Jeremy,  If you ever visit this website,  be brave.  Step away from the comfort of the black and white thinking of fundmentalism.  Try to really read the teachings of Christ.  Try to fully understand his messages of love, and acceptance.  Be part of a growing move away from fundamentalism and towards progressivism.  Know that you and Jinger would be welcomed by the liberal Christians, and you could do so much more good with that movement than you can do in a sect that just wants to punish, divide and judge. Be your own man, not just a follower of JB and your father.  They had their day, and they are doing their thing, so you do you, and treat Jinger like an equal, though recognize she has been raised with far fewer choices and years of work to make her feel less valued and less important.  Support her, give her time, and help her take the reins of her own life and she can be with you because she knows she has choices, but chooses you.

Nah it's not ironic. Jeremy's just working the camera. He is the trendy, athletic  fundie pastor after all :my_biggrin:

But seriously, we can't base his feelings  for his wife off of one posed picture. Sometimes it's hard to look natural on camera. Plus, he's doing his poster boy pose. Gotta practice for his future book deal.

For a good overview of the start of Mormonism, watch the episode of South Park called All About Mormons. It is brilliant.

Well my goodness, if I didn't know Halloween was of the Devil, I would think Ms. Jinger has a very cute Wednesday Adams inspired outfit on!  

On 10/28/2017 at 1:42 AM, Shadoewolf said:

I want to see Rent and Wicked when they come back this way.

Just saw Wicked for the third time when it was in Boston this summer! 

I also saw POTO in Boston this summer and although I have seen the show twice, I had never heard until "Love Never Dies" until this time. It seemed so depressing, I'm glad you found it decent, I may have to make it a point to see it now!

Another one where Jeremy is professing his love for Jinger in the caption, but in the photo she's the one looking at him and he's looking at the camera. At least in this one he specifically mentions Jinger so we know he's not talking about his love for the camera. :pb_lol:

20 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I SEE A BABY BUMP!!!!

:handsex:

If that's a baby bump, I must be pregnant with quints. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

If that's a baby bump, I must be pregnant with quints. :pb_lol:

Same! Or half a pizza. Hard to say, really!

I absolutely hate that he said "GIVE me a godly woman." Hate hate hate. That wording might just be the thing that extinguishes my hope for how he and Jinger interact. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@TheOneAndOnly,  your avatar makes me hungry!

Sorry 'bout that. To tell the truth it has the same effect on me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived