IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

22 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

This is the most ridiculous thing ever! I don't get it. Clearly the family doesn't care if she is wearing jeans other than being filmed. These aren't real families, they are a brand. The. End.

Agreed. It seems like Kelly Jo desperately cares about their public appearances. Obviously Whitney doesn't care about being seen in pants, she posts pictures of herself in jeans all the time. But when it's Kelly Jo's media platform, everyone must be in skirts!!

Also, poor Whitney. Such controlling in-laws. Although I guess she doesn't have to comply.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost felt sorry for Whitney, but then I remembered she made the choice as an adult to be filmed and be "on brand." For a good financial incentive, I'd change into a skirt, too :evil-laugh:

20 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I almost felt sorry for Whitney, but then I remembered she made the choice as an adult to be filmed and be "on brand." For a good financial incentive, I'd change into a skirt, too :evil-laugh:

If I got 5K to spend a few hours in a skirt for an event I was already at, I would change into a skirt too. 

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

If I got 5K to spend a few hours in a skirt for an event I was already at, I would change into a skirt too. 

I get the sentiment, but I really doubt Whitney would see 5k for one episode. UP is a small network, and earnings would need to be split among all the families. I don't think the Bates make as much from the tv show as people assume. I expect that each married family makes between 10k-20k per season.

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

I get the sentiment, but I really doubt Whitney would see 5k for one episode. UP is a small network, and earnings would need to be split among all the families. I don't think the Bates make as much from the tv show as people assume. I expect that each married family makes between 10k-20k per season.

even for 10k-20k per season, i'd still wear a skirt.  And i hate skirts and dressed.

18 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I doubt Alyssa and John or Michael and Brandon bag even close to that. They probably get a cool $1000 for each of the 2 episodes they’re featured in per season. Chad and Erin as well as Zach and Whit might get that much, definitely closer to the $10,000 end. 

Ugh.. Michael would be a good doting mother. I rarely say this but I hope she gets to be a mom someday, she truly deserves it.

Unpopular opinion. Michael comes across as incredibly smug. Also, the fact that she wouldn't "share" Kaci really bothered me. If I acted the same way with one of sister's kids, she wouldn't hesitate to put me in my place. And we have a strong bond.

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Unpopular opinion. Michael comes across as incredibly smug. Also, the fact that she wouldn't "share" Kaci really bothered me. If I acted the same way with one of sister's kids, she wouldn't hesitate to put me in my place. And we have a strong bond.

I think Michael is smug as well, but to be fair, she only sees Kaci like once a year. I don’t know exactly what your talking about with “not sharing” but everyone else sees Kaci literally all the time. 

On 12/1/2017 at 10:28 AM, jacduggar said:

I doubt Alyssa and John or Michael and Brandon bag even close to that. They probably get a cool $1000 for each of the 2 episodes they’re featured in per season. Chad and Erin as well as Zach and Whit might get that much, definitely closer to the $10,000 end. 

I agree on your pay estimates, but this just further fuels my bewilderment at how they afford their lives. Michael and Brandon are the only couple whose lifestyle seems to fit their income. I still don't understand how Chad and Erin and Zach and Whit afford all of their clothing, decor, and trips, even with an extra 10k a year. 

I realize I'm a broken record on this, but I just don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I agree on your pay estimates, but this just further fuels my bewilderment at how they afford their lives. Michael and Brandon are the only couple whose lifestyle seems to fit their income. I still don't understand how Chad and Erin and Zach and Whit afford all of their clothing, decor, and trips, even with an extra 10k a year. 

I realize I'm a broken record on this, but I just don't get it. 

Chad and Erin make a little more sense to me because Chad salvages like 80% of their decor, and Erin still buys clothes at consignment stores. She also wears a ton of repeat outfits and stuff. I can’t imagine rent on that tiny little house being too terribly high, either. 

Whit and Zach are a huge mystery to me. Either the PD pays wayyyy more than other police departments do, or they are not living by that “debt free commitment”. Alyssa and John too. We know Alyssa gets some stuff free but that girl is never wearing the same thing twice. Neither are her kids. I don’t get it at all. 

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I think Michael is smug as well, but to be fair, she only sees Kaci like once a year. I don’t know exactly what your talking about with “not sharing” but everyone else sees Kaci literally all the time. 

I think @RosyDaisy was referring to the episode in which Michael met Kaci for the first time at a family picnic. One of the little girls kept begging to hold Kaci and even got permission from Whitney to do so but Michael refused and said no. I admittedly thought it was kind of weird, but it sounded like the rest of the family was used to that sort of thing from Michael- in the THs several of her sisters commented on how Michael is a huge "baby hog" (their words) and Whitney also said something similar but in a much nicer way lol. I do think that it's a good point that she doesn't get to see her nieces and nephews much so she gets her fill when she can.

Out of all of the awful things the Bates do, Michael being a bit too affectionate to the kids is "bad" but if they don't pay attention to the kids is bad too. Damn if they do, damn if they don't.

5 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Out of all of the awful things the Bates do, Michael being a bit too affectionate to the kids is "bad" but if they don't pay attention to the kids is bad too. Damn if they do, damn if they don't.

Personally I don't think it's bad that Michael adores her younger family members so much. I think she probably gave her younger siblings a lot more attention than her mother did. I just thought that in that instance, it was odd that she was denying other people a chance to hold a child that wasn't hers even after the child's mother gave permission. But like I said, she doesn't get to satisfy her baby fix as often as the rest of them do so I get it.

5 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I think either extreme can be bad. If the baby is not bottle fed and needs to go back to mom because he or she is hungry, it is not okay to argue about giving up the baby. If the baby is tired and needs to be put down for a nap, it is not okay to argue because you want more snuggle time. Some babies sleep better outside of people's arms.

I am not saying Michael has done something this extreme. I have experienced both of these scenarios myself and it is very frustrating to have to argue with someone about getting my baby back.

Wanting to hold a niece or nephew is great. Refusing to let no one else snuggle the baby is not.

17 minutes ago, Ali said:

I think either extreme can be bad. If the baby is not bottle fed and needs to go back to mom because he or she is hungry, it is not okay to argue about giving up the baby. If the baby is tired and needs to be put down for a nap, it is not okay to argue because you want more snuggle time. Some babies sleep better outside of people's arms.

I am not saying Michael has done something this extreme. I have experienced both of these scenarios myself and it is very frustrating to have to argue with someone about getting my baby back.

Wanting to hold a niece or nephew is great. Refusing to let no one else snuggle the baby is not.

I agree 100% but we saw seconds of Michael holding Kaci. Since Michael did almost all of the childcare of the Bates and the kids and everybody ADORES her I doubt very much she was kidnapping any baby. Michael LOVES babies and is very maternal, she lives far away and was just meeting Kaci for the first time, of course she wanted to hold her as long as she could.

FYI: I criticize the Bates a lot but this is reaching too much. 

Whitney gave permission for someone else to hold Kaci. Michael refused to give the baby to that person. On what planet is that right or normal or cute? If a mother asks you to give her baby to someone else, you do it.

No Bates (except the little ones) will get a free pass from me...EVER! And no, in my eyes they NEVER do good. There is always some ulterior motive behind their so-called "good deeds".

20 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Whitney gave permission for someone else to hold Kaci. Michael refused to give the baby to that person. On what planet is that right or normal or cute? If a mother asks you to give her baby to someone else, you do it.

To be fair, Whitney didn't say "Ok Michael, it's time to give someone else a turn now." She said the little girl (I can't remember who it was, sorry!) could hold Kaci after Michael was done. Michael just didn't want to be done yet. We don't know if Michael did eventually let someone else hold Kaci. And if Whitney really cared she would have come over and taken her baby and let someone else have a turn. I don't see Michael refusing to hand over the baby if Whitney had directly asked her to.

Michael has a possessive streak about people. She was flipping out about Tori touching Brandon when she was chaperoning them during courtship.

That said, it must be hard to have basically raised all those kids (the other older girls seem to have opted out as much as possible on the grounds that Michael was the one who loved babies), then to have to leave them all, move far away, and have such trouble conceiving. I can see why she doesn’t want to let her nieces and nephews go on the relatively rare occasions she sees them.

37 minutes ago, lilith said:

Michael has a possessive streak about people. She was flipping out about Tori touching Brandon when she was chaperoning them during courtship.

Unpopular opinion: I've always found Michael a bit weird and insecure, and think she's not actually the pleasantest person to be around in real life. Granted, her dumbass parents made her a mother at the age of five, so that might have something to do with any emotional issues. 

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Unpopular opinion: I've always found Michael a bit weird and insecure, and think she's not actually the pleasantest person to be around in real life. Granted, her dumbass parents made her a mother at the age of five, so that might have something to do with any emotional issues. 

And what everyone seems to gloss over- she didn’t only do most of the childcare. She most definitely did a lot of the „training“ too. One comes with the other. There are so many stories of older children that had to discipline the younger ones- I really don’t get why Michael or Jana have such a large fan base. The only hope I have for their future children is that maybe they have become softer over the years, just like most parents get more relaxed with every child.

12 hours ago, lilith said:

Tori was dragging Brandon around and Brandon looked ridiculously uncomfortable. I don’t think that was being possessive, I think that was telling her annoying (yes, Tori is super annoying) little sister to knock her shit off. 

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I also find something about her demeanor to be very off putting as well. The little kids in the family love her, but she wasn’t really close at all with the older girls. I don’t know if it’s because she’s unpleasant or perhaps just introverted, as none of the other older Bates girls are introverts in the slightest. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived