IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is there a pizza cutter on Chels and John's wedding registry?

How is she supposed to know what to do with one of those? 

13 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Random thoughts...

Once I had a dream that I took the Anderson kids to Disneyworld.  They were very happy.

Chelsy's nails look atrocious in her engagement pic.  She should have gotten fake nails put on.  Now she is stuck with that terrible picture the rest of her life. 

Sarah finally learned how to spell sisters-in-law! 

Sarah's latest blog post is depressing.  She is not living life to the fullest.  Playing games with your sisters is fun.  I sometimes play Scrabble when my sister comes over.  But that's all Sarah has.  It's so sad.  Her parents did a terrible job raising their children.  Adult children shouldn't be slumming it at home.  I have no problem with adult children at home, but they need to work.  The Maxwells post how busy they are, but they're lazy in my book.  It would be unacceptable in my house if my kids lived the way they do. 

I was looking around the internet one day and found that Mary took an online art class.  I was surprised they let her do that.

I was looking at Melanie's sister's instagram.  One of the siblings had gotten married and the sister said that one of her sisters and her kids didn't attend the wedding.  It was probably Melanie. 

Elizabeth Munck is going to give birth soon.  I am so happy she got out of that mess of a family before it was too late. 

Which of Melanie's sisters got married?

I miss following the Muncks.  Does Elizabeth Munck have a blog?

+1 in support of Chelsy's nails. Her hands look strong, clean, and she has nice long fingers. Her fingernails look like those of a musician or manual laborer, and she is both of those things. I do a lot of hand-sewing, and have a physically demanding job. Mine look a lot more rustic than hers, and if I were having professional pictures taken, I'd trim my nails and use lotion and leave it at that. Chelsy's hands remind me a lot of Martha Morton's from her wedding photos, and I remember some comments about hers as well. 

It's just a personal taste thing, and nobody is wrong for wishing it were one way or the other. My mom is VERY into nails and physical appearance in general, and she would agree with the folks here who wish Chelsy had done something less casual with her nails for her professional photos, especially knowing the ring would be featured. I've caught a lot of flack from her over the years in similar situations. My mom is a person who believes that people should always "go the extra mile" when appearing in public or for pictures, and I'm the kind of person who believes that people should do whatever feels the most authentic and natural for themselves so that they don't look back at photos like these, and feel like they are looking at a stranger. 

Every single regret that I have regarding personal adornment in photographs is from using products or styles that weren't typical for me in a misguided attempt to feel more "special" in the photos. Hence, the Eyebrowmageddon of 2002, the permed bangs of 1991, and the disastrous Kardashian Kontour of 2010.

I keep my nails short most of the time. It's a preference. When I'm typing at work and my nails get in the way it's off to the cutter I go.

I sometimes try to let them get a little longer for things I may get dressed up for, like weddings or some event. But, mostly, I keep them short enough that they do not top my finger tips. I hate nails. They get in the way of every damn thing. 

I did notice Chelsy's looked a bit ragged, to me, but it was an observation not a judgment. 

I'm mostly just not a fan of done up fingernails.

In their blog post Meet Chelsy they said she plans to continue blogging in the future. Who knows what it will look like originating from Maxhell, but as of now she still plans to keep it up. 

I agree with whoever said it would take a force more powerful than Steve Maxwell to pry her black eye liner from her. She very clearly likes her makeup and it's part of her visual identity. 

Please, Maxwells, make a damn blog post about the engagement because I am/we are engaging in talk of makeup and fingernails. Don't make us as boring as you are! 

Chelsy and Allison just got back from a weekend in Maxhell where they spent time working on the house with John. Sarah could have mentioned that in her "things to do with sisters" post.

Just read Bontranger's blog . I didn't see anything about being in Maxhell. Where was it? Oh, regarding her engagement ring, is the diamond surrounded by the Christian fish symbol?

11 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Just read Bontranger's blog . I didn't see anything about being in Maxhell. Where was it? Oh, regarding her engagement ring, is the diamond surrounded by the Christian fish symbol?

Same here and it's not on Chelsy's...can you post a link? 

7 minutes ago, lilith said:

Allison's blog - https://www.fromallison.com/

Wow; seeing them together, and John looks SO much like his dad.......it's weird. But, hopeful. I hope Allison DOES get to go visit them often, and posts about it. I have mixed feelings about that being on the Maxwell blog, though. Unless they do another sister-trip and invite one or all the Maxwell sisters.

I'm glad she's wearing her usual just above the knee denim skirt - I thought she may have to confirm to their dress code on their turf (I know Melanie and Elissa don't exclusively wear ankle length skirts, but Chelsy's are shorter and tighter than any I've seen them in).

i am impressed that allison blogged about investing. and not just in her sisters. 

10 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Lots of people who work with their hands have to keep their nails short.

That's not keeping her nails short.  That's chewed off down to almost nothing.  Big difference.  It looks awful for an engagement picture. 

IMG_3671.jpg

Honestly...looks like she's a nail-biter. It's hard to kick. You do what you can. Plus, as other posters have said, she has motivation to keep her nails short. I'm just not bothered.

6 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Wow; seeing them together, and John looks SO much like his dad.......it's weird. But, hopeful. I hope Allison DOES get to go visit them often, and posts about it. I have mixed feelings about that being on the Maxwell blog, though. Unless they do another sister-trip and invite one or all the Maxwell sisters.

I can’t believe how much like Steve he looks. Why was he called hot John again?! 

I really don’t like her ring, mixed metals & a tiny diamond but obviously it’s a personal preference. My mum thinks my ring is obnoxious. Ha. 

Her nails look fine to me, I don’t like the long fake nail look (not allowed them either as a registered nurse at my hospital)

The wedding blog has been updated with a list of the bridal party. There are to be 2 best men (!) Jesse and Joseph plus 9 other groomsmen. As expected Allison is Maid of Honour and there are 13 other bridesmaids! So basically a bloody big wedding party! 

Also am I not the only one finding it weird that there are more bridesmaids than groomsmen? 

On the plus side though it is sweet that Chelsy's having all John's sisters and sister in laws in the bridal party, including a no doubt very pregnant Anna-Marie.

At the end of her post Allison quotes Nicholas Sparks. Do you think she has read anything from him? It's way too wordly  for them in my opinion.

1 hour ago, meee said:

Who's Joseph Hale?

One of these guys:

https://www.outsideonline.com/1928141/papa-pilgrims-progress-dark-tale-alaskan-frontiersman

(warning: the story is pretty full on):

I'd say he's from the Maxwell side rather than the Bontragers. He's married to Lolly Hale, nee Buckingham,  who is a long-time friend of Sarah and who illustrated some of her books. The Buckinghams and the Maxwells go way back - I think they used to live in Leavenworth because of the military base there.

The Bontragers did stay with the Hales during their Alaska summer tour, though.

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

One of these guys:

https://www.outsideonline.com/1928141/papa-pilgrims-progress-dark-tale-alaskan-frontiersman

(warning: the story is pretty full on):

I'd say he's from the Maxwell side rather than the Bontragers. He's married to Lolly Hale, nee Buckingham,  who is a long-time friend of Sarah and who illustrated some of her books. The Buckinghams and the Maxwells go way back - I think they used to live in Leavenworth because of the military base there.

The Bontragers did stay with the Hales during their Alaska summer tour, though.

The Hales are one hell of a rabbit hole. Google Papa Pilgrim. There's even a (very good) book about the whole fiasco titled Pilgrims Wilderness. There are old FJ threads about a BuckHale road trip blog (shut down when FJ attention was noted) that are interesting too. 

10 hours ago, lilith said:

Allison's blog - https://www.fromallison.com/

Is Chelsy on the right in the 2nd picture down?  She and John have the same t-shirt.

It's sad that Chelsy's sister says their road trips together will end once Chelsy is married.  I've been married 25 years this year and I take trips with my sister once or twice a year.  We're already planning next year's trip.

Chelsy, let John watch the kids for a weekend and take a trip with your sister.  It will do you good.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Is Chelsy on the right in the 2nd picture down?  She and John have the same t-shirt.

It's sad that Chelsy's sister says their road trips together will end once Chelsy is married.  I've been married 25 years this year and I take trips with my sister once or twice a year.  We're already planning next year's trip.

Chelsy, let John watch the kids for a weekend and take a trip with your sister.  It will do you good.

Or at the very least go on a child friendly trip with your sister, you will be able to have some sister time when they go to sleep. I mean, even with a quiverfull lifestyle they would have another 3-4 years of road tripping that way before the number of kids grow too large for comfort.

15 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Hence, the Eyebrowmageddon of 2002, the permed bangs of 1991, and the disastrous Kardashian Kontour of 2010.

I had an epic Permageddon in the 1990s!  During that same period, I did a Carmen Miranda outfit for Halloween and did long fake nails.  Almost gave myself an accidental lobotomy when I took a private and extremely discreet moment to pick my nose. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived