IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

Prissy Chris probably took the pics.

Sarah took them according to the watermark.  Chris would have added some telephone wires and ominous dark clouds to the umbrella picture.

11 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

MamaJuneBug is gonna have to break her anti-fast now.

@MamaJunebug can eat her way through that delicious sounding menu before the wedding.   I want her to send me some of the jumbalaya. :)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish these two weren't moving so close to Maxhell. I really wish John had bought a house near Chelsy's family, or just somewhere else, as long as it was far away from his own family. Maybe they'll live in the house for a year or two, renovate, sell it for a profit, and move away. That's my greatest hope for them at this point. Living that close to the borg is going to be poisonous.

maybe Allison was looking the other way during the renovations so they could get their sidehugs on in semi-privacy.

38 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Prissy Chris probably took the pics.. Read the wedding list.  Interesting there is a Bontragers cousin as a bridesmaid.  No flower girls and ring bearer?

Every person except 3 on that list has the name of Bontrager or Maxwell because Chelsy is the first girl from either family to get married. They have many little ones to choose from on the Maxwell side so I imagine at least a couple of them will be a flower girl or ring bearer. 

21 minutes ago, catlady said:

maybe Allison was looking the other way during the renovations so they could get their sidehugs on in semi-privacy.

Those two look rather comfortable together in those engagement pics at Bontrager farm. She lost her front hug virginity a long time ago.

In the Maxwell announcement, there is not.one.word, positive or negative, about Chelsy. Only a statement about her "delightful" family. And nothing to say, good or bad, about their relationship. No expression of love.  Just "we are excited to see what happens..."

Poor Chelsy

Just now, Pianokeeper said:

14 bridesmaids is a lot of bridesmaids. 

Just imagine trying to please all 14 with the choice of dress. Of course it has to be long since the Maxwell girls are going to wear them. And I doubt they would approve of any bright colors or harlot red. Plus it has to fit the typical fundie modesty standard of a high neckline and at least so sleeve. If it's December I imagine they will have long sleeves. The dresses in the Bontrager weddings recently were a little fitted in the bust. I doubt Steve will allow that. Chelsy's going to have a hell of a time finding a bridemaid dress.

I'm not surprised Chelsy is in a maxi skirt. At least she's not wearing one of those modesty shirts under her top though. 

1 minute ago, mango_fandango said:

I'm not surprised Chelsy is in a maxi skirt. At least she's not wearing one of those modesty shirts under her top though. 

To be fair, she's always worn maxi skirts. It's just sad that she would choose one for her engagement pictures most likely to please Steve. 

I think Chelsy will be forced to have BM dresses like these in order to please Steve. And the Maxwell girls will probably buy one size up so it doesn't show their figures.

IMG_4917.JPG

Well color me shocked that the Maxwells acknowledged this engagement! Goodness Gracious!!

While i would never choose the bridesmaid dresses above, i certainly don't dislike them.  however, i wonder what fabric they're made of, because they are calling unholy attention to the bust, and bra outline is clearly visible.    

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

In everyone of those pictures they both look like:

• How long do we have to stand here?
  • This is awful!
  • Help - get me out of here!

The pictures are AWFUL & the umbrella is idiotic.

That would be the Umbrella of Authority. Lol

I really liked the snarkiness of "Well, we had planned not to post about them until they were married like we did for Joseph and Elissa. We had chosen the path of not posting about a relationship until after the wedding for the privacy of our children. However, the Bontragers’ posted about the engagement, so it is now public, and we re-evaluated."

Run John, Run!

I wonder when hipster Sarah will write that John "called" a work party to get the house ready?? Oh Sarah--slang is the devil's language!

The Bates had to learn that engagements and courtship don't mean the same thing to everyone after they threw Zack under the TV bus. Steve got it with which ever boy (I can't keep them straight). I hope he had to grit his teeth and seethe over this engagement. And, I hope he get a ton of crap from like-minded men over holding his daughters as near hostages.  Free The Max-Girls

54 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

14 bridesmaids is a lot of bridesmaids. 

There must be a collective noun for this.

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This Yahoo Answers thread has a hilarious set of collective nouns for bridesmaids of different numbers, clearly from an overwhelmed father of a bride:

1-3 without bride: "Scare"

1-3 WITH bride: "Fright"

4+ without bride: Intimidation

4+ WITH bride: Terror

Other options that are less fear related are also listed: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130118190942AAPvJOL 

Note: None of the answers is serious, and is not intended to insult. One of the listed answers is actually "A helping of Bridesmaids"!

For Fundie weddings I've always thought:

• a bevy of bridesmaids
  • a gaggle of groomsmen
  • a prayer of parental units
  • a flurry of flower girls
  • a bounty of bell ringers
  • a wagon of wee ones (I will never understand the babies in wagons bit)

Babies in wagons is surely to emphasise the primary point/fruit of any marital union. If they can't walk yet, or at least not very far, you stick em in a wagon. For extra cuteness get a slightly older sibling/cousin to pull the wagon. 

For this wedding, Abby, Bethany and Tina could be the flower girls, and they could get Drew to pull Benji along in the wagon.

I looked at the wedding party and my thought was how interesting it will be to see Anna Marie in a "normal style" bridesmaid dress (assuming that's what Chelsy picks & even assuming it is modest).  It won't be a frumper and she's pregnant.  I wonder if all of these people actually want to be in the wedding?

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They look so uncomfortable in the Maxwell pictures. The other pictures show that they are more relaxed with each other at least when they aren't being glared at by Steve. Did Christopher take these? 

Sarah took the pictures. That skirt is so long Chelsy has to hold it up. Steve, you’re an asshole. 

2 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

I looked at the wedding party and my thought was how interesting it will be to see Anna Marie in a "normal style" bridesmaid dress

Anna (Marie) has been seen in a non-frumper bridesmaid dress before.  It was at a wedding for one of her siblings and posted on her parents' facebook, IIRC.  A pretty dress, just below the knee, with a modest cardigan over it.  Unfortunately, she was accessorized by Christopher who had the usual Maxwell male death grip of possession on her arm.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

The correct term is a "terror of bridesmaids...."

:Yes:

21 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Anna (Marie) has been seen in a non-frumper bridesmaid dress before.  It was at a wedding for one of her siblings and posted on her parents' facebook, IIRC.  A pretty dress, just below the knee, with a modest cardigan over it.  Unfortunately, she was accessorized by Christopher who had the usual Maxwell male death grip of possession on her arm.

Wasn't this the incredibly awkward picture where her family looked radiant and close, but she and Christopher were crowded at Stage Right as if there were a force-field keeping them from the rest of the family grouping?

Meanwhile, I'm thrilled with the new development! Steve's plan got ruined, which means Steve's day got ruined, and now that he's pissy and frustrated, my day somehow just got a little bit better. 

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

The Maxborg Collective have assimilated her.

9 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Wasn't this the incredibly awkward picture where her family looked radiant and close, but she and Christopher were crowded at Stage Right as if there were a force-field keeping them from the rest of the family grouping?

Yes.  I just tried and failed to find the photo though.  Can anyone help?

And I've been giggling on and off all day thinking of Steve's scheduled announcement after the wedding being ruined for him because the Bontragers behaved like normal people.  

25 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Steve's plan got ruined, which means Steve's day got ruined, and now that he's pissy and frustrated, my day somehow just got a little bit better. 

It made my day just a little bit better too. It has to drive him insane that he can't control this entire thing. Now we get to see non-Maxwell pictures of them fixing up the house! We are going to learn things about the Maxwells that Steve isn't in control of! This is amazing and Steve is going to be pissed of for months! 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It made my day just a little bit better too. It has to drive him insane that he can't control this entire thing. Now we get to see non-Maxwell pictures of them fixing up the house! We are going to learn things about the Maxwells that Steve isn't in control of! This is amazing and Steve is going to be pissed of for months! 

Honestly I think he will be pissed after the wedding too. If she keeps blogging after she gets married, she will reveal things that haven't been Maxwell approved. This is why I was so pleased at this engagement. Because I knew the openness of the Bontragers would piss him off. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived