IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

Invest in our sisters-in-law?  WTF is that supposed to mean?  Ruthie is the frowner.  All those kids smiles are forced, especially Josh's.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Five (5) Days, count’em! Five!

if this gets to a full week I’m treating myself to a Maxwell Anti-Fast! And I’ll do it at Lotawata Creek, one of the Arndt Family’s favored feeding troughs, where 2 animal crackers might be garnish for an incr cream sundae but would be the equivalent of 1/100ths of a dessert. What I’m saying is, No Bean Burritos.

Confession: if I were a guy or lesbian, I would consider Mrs. Anna Maxwell a stone cold fox. Varicosities & all. Pretty, natural, seems happy even married to a very damaged man, her children exhibit their own personalities (glower on, Lydia! Frown if you feel like frowning, other daughter)!, as opposed to the constantly smiling old photos of their poor Maxaunties as children.

I think she, of all of them, really enjoys the life.

5 days since the announcement appeared on the Bontragers' blog - and almost 7 weeks since the actual August 28 engagement! I say don't wait, MJB - if ever there were a reason for a Maxwell Anti-Fast, this would be it!! :pb_lol:

"Invest in others" is strange fundie-speak that I've noticed that many of them use.  Joy said that phrase in the last Counting On episode, when she talked about helping her younger siblings.  Maybe it's a Gothardism?  I think it sounds pretentious to use it in a casual context, but they must think it makes them appear more Godly and serious.  Gotta worry about perfect fundie family perception!

NR-Anna's sister (I believe her name is Sarah?) looks so grown up in that picture.  I don't think we've seen her on the blog since Anna and Christopher's wedding.  She must be well into her teen years now.

@MamaJunebug ITA NR-Anna is a beauty and seems to love being a wife, mom and homemaker.  Her smiles always seem warm and genuine.

@SPHASH, thanks for posting that family photo.  I am probably a bit too happy to see it. 

I wonder if they attended a wedding. Everyone looks very nice. Anna looks radiant, in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Thanks to the person who posted the photo of NR-Anna with her family. I'm glad she gets to see and spend time with them. 

Found it on Amish Anna's parents FB.

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

@SPHASH, thanks for posting that family photo.  I am probably a bit too happy to see it. 

I wonder if they attended a wedding. Everyone looks very nice. Anna looks radiant, in my opinion. 

You're welcome!

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He has an almost 2 year old child and no announcement of a new blessing.

Calia actually turned two more than a week ago. 

6 minutes ago, Bethella said:

And no acknowledgement on the blog.  Wonder if she had her birthday taken away for being self centered like her grandparents would do as punishment.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Invest in our sisters-in-law?  WTF is that supposed to mean?  Ruthie is the frowner.  All those kids smiles are forced, especially Josh's.

Poor Ruthie's eyes already look dead and she's so young. Out of all the grandchildren, Christopher's look the unhappiest. 

34 minutes ago, Bethella said:

And they've been married for over three years. It's actually rather rare that a fundie third anniversary comes up and they haven't announced a pregnancy for #2 or given birth to #2. We rarely see the Joe Max family. It leads me to believe they have a few boundaries and it gives me hope John will too. 

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

"Invest in others" is strange fundie-speak that I've noticed that many of them use................ I think it sounds pretentious to use it in a casual context, but they must think it makes them appear more Godly and serious.  

That phrase gets on my nerves. I never called it "investing in my niece and nephew" if I took them somewhere and did fun activities with them or went to their volleyball or football games or track events. I was just enjoying them. What would fundies call it since I'm a godless heathen? They are so incredibly full of themselves. Fellowshipping is another term I can't stand. My friends and family get together and don't call it that. Us godless heathens just socialize.:pb_lol:

I believe JB has said braces are also an investment in their children. Dental health is important. But it just seems weird when they phrase it that way. 

Lol, giving your kids a good education is a good investment in their future. Braces is just a good investment in their countenance.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:57 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

:pb_lol:

From Chelsy's blog Q&A:

Anonymous October 9, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Have you really thought about this? You seem to have a fabulous life, but his family isolates themselves to an unhealthy degree, in my opinion, and I wonder if someone with your spirit and joy would find the environment stifling. Best wishes whatever you decide.

Hello!
Oh yes, I've had a year to think about it and I'm absolutely certain. =) John is one of the least isolated guys I've ever met and has every bit as much spirit and joy as I have. I have to work to keep up with his energy sometimes! =) And I'm as thrilled as can be about our "to-be" team environment of the two of us. =)
Thanks for the well-wishes!

I was thinking about this after posting earlier. 

How very un Maxwellian of Chelsy herself to respond to a comment on the blog. Daddy didn't respond for her, the comment was acknowledged instead of altered or deleted...she may be fundie through and through, which of course she is, but she isn't Maxwellian. 

I hope it stays that way. I wouldn't bet on it, but I can hope it. 

On October 12, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Captain Obvious said:

I'm sure the family have stayed in hotels with TVs before. I bet he has some kind of family prayer where they passive aggressively shame the TV for existing.

And really - why would any family member have any desire to turn it on? Not only have they been raised to fear it, they're never exposed to anything or anyone that would make them want to watch it. There's really no reason why they would.

About tv in hotels where they've stayed, I can't find the relevant blog posts but I'm pretty sure they ask in advance to have the tv removed.

And as for passive-aggressive shaming, no matter what the circumstance, they always manage to get in a shot. The one instance that really fries my ass is when Melanie was hospitalized (during her pregnancy with Abby, I think) and event then, they had to comment.

https://blog.titus2.com/2008/05/11/babymax15/

Its funny, the cleaning crew very carefully cleans the tv each day. We’ve laughed about how that’s one thing we’d never know if it were grimy or not. We’ve wondered how many other rooms here don’t have the constant noise and filth spewing forth – probably not very many. For us, that’s a result of our commitment to “come out and be ye separate.” Sadly, weekend nights are movie nights for most in the US- including Christians. I wonder if people driving by your house (or walking past your room as in our case :)) will see the flash and glow of a TV or the lack of all that that comes from a family spending quality time together in the Bible. What light/Light is shining in your home?

Seriously? You've had difficulty conceiving, you've already lost one child, your wife has complications from yet ANOTHER high risk pregnancy, but you can't let it go for one second? Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on.

20 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

You guys are reaching. John is marrying a super fundie girl, despite the cute outfits and all. Steve probably thinks he'll control them once they're married, the silence is normal on the Maxwell front, these are the people who never mentioned Teri's father passing and a bunch of other stuff. Steve might be a little annoyed if the Bontragers are controlling aspects of the wedding but he knows she'll be a Maxwell after the wedding and they'll be under his thumb. Sadly, I doubt John will ever truly rebel.

I agree with all of this, I'm afraid.

The Titus2 blog is deliberately misleading and has been for some time.  It is essentially dishonest because it lies by omission about what is actually happening in Maxhell.  We know that they only post about trivialities and to preach.  The message is carefully crafted for the blog.  And the Maxwells are just plain weird! 

Chances are that an email announcing the engagement has already been sent out to the Maxwell faithful who don't know the Bontragers or read their blog.  The polloi will have to wait until the marriage has happened to be informed.  I predict that no announcement will be made earlier than January 1, 2018.  We can all happily anti-fast through the holidays!

I'm sure Steve knows about the engagement and John only proposed after the requisite fasting and praying.  Perhaps Steve hopes marriage to a Maxwell will convert Chelsy away from makeup and jeans.  Remember when someone innocently asked whether the Maxwell women ever wore makeup - and Steve snapped back:  "Do you think they need it!"

And of course the Knot wedding page had to be changed to read "John Maxwell and Chelsy Bontrager."  It is a sin against Stevehovah to put the woman's name before the man's.  Even on a wedding page!

32 minutes ago, sparkles said:

[snipped] "I wonder if people driving by your house (or walking past your room as in our case :)) will see the flash and glow of a TV or the lack of all that that comes from a family spending quality time together in the Bible."

Holy shit, the fucking smugness contained in that sentence is so obnoxious - and so Maxwellian.  He nailed the Steve-ness.

...And then I read the comments on the blog post from several people who praised Nathan for that smug attitude and now my head is about to explode.

Family time in the Bible does not guarantee anything. See: Josh Duggar.

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Hey, Sarah's learning! She used sisters-in-law, and not sister-in-laws!

You can thank the FJer who gave Stevehovah the heads-up on that one.

The Bontragers went on a 10 day singing tour and stated it would be Chelsy's last. No surprise there. They made sure to stop at the Ark. Glad they could get one last trip to the Ark before it goes under. Pun intended.

3 hours ago, sparkles said:

About tv in hotels where they've stayed, I can't find the relevant blog posts but I'm pretty sure they ask in advance to have the tv removed.

And as for passive-aggressive shaming, no matter what the circumstance, they always manage to get in a shot. The one instance that really fries my ass is when Melanie was hospitalized (during her pregnancy with Abby, I think) and event then, they had to comment.

Seriously? You've had difficulty conceiving, you've already lost one child, your wife has complications from yet ANOTHER high risk pregnancy, but you can't let it go for one second? Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on.

Reminds me of Derick Dillard starting a Twitter war with Jazz Jennings right after Jill had a rough time giving birth to her second child. Really, guys, don't you have OTHER priorities??? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived