IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

44 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

That all changed when A. I realized guys can be just as dramatic if not more so than women. and B. Logic and facts are not owned by the male brain. So as I posted on another blog, "my thought processes and emotions are mine and I am a female."

Amen Sistah!  As a woman raised in the Bible Belt, being taught that emotions (negative ones in particular) were bad, I was a bit overjoyed with the discoveries of male dominated industry.  I have driven men in my home and work life insane with logic driven arguments while they just ran with what felt right at the time.  I've seen small companies nearly tank simply because the male owner got pissed at a specific job or client and flew off the handle.  Or for a more personal peek:  I live in a poor business situation simply because my workplace is a family heirloom that certain folks can't bear to terminate....not matter how awful it may be.  

Alllllll of us are ruled by our hearts.  IMHO that is what separates the men from the animals.  Rarely do you find animals that are driven by emotion, as a rule it's survival and common sense.  Not saying they don't have emotional reactions, but instinct takes center stage.  

Lori is just a heartless broad.  I think that happens when someone is handed to and truly privileged to the point that they can't fathom difficulty in finding viable work, or a home/car that's riddled with more problems than they have money for.  I can respect the notion of keeping yourself in check, having self control, but there's a line between having self control and shutting yourself down to the point that you forget how to feel.  Honestly....the supposed reward of whatever Heaven is supposed to be isn't enough to sacrifice a full life here, where I'm conscious.  I just can't believe God would have put all this here if we weren't supposed to utilize every experience.  At least the Vikings get a divine feast and warrior fun after death...I'm not impressed with gold or lounging on a cloud all day.  

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 hours ago, KDA said:

I have no idea what period underwear are but mama cloth is great!! I'm a total convert :) I love the Charlie Banana brand on Amazon. So soft and comfortable. I'm NEVER going back to plastic disposable pads! And if you put them on the floor of the shower while you're in there and stomp on them, they rinse out really nicely, so easy to just chuck into the washing machine.

But ewww ... the "family cloth" (washable toilet paper) is never happening in my house!! I would send the kids outside to gather leaves, or rip up newspaper, before I'm washing rags covered in family poo! That is just gross. I think I would vomit.

Period underwear = Thinx and the like. Basically, underwear with the pad already built in.

Personally I love cloth pads: so much more comfortable! I have a menstrual cup, too, also much more comfortable than tampons. I might be a bit evangelical about reusable products...

I do draw the line at "family cloth", though. I'm willing to do cloth diapers, but that's my limit!

So glad so glad to see other logical women here. So tired of my mom saying I and others like me have a man's brain and thought process. 

Men in my life, including Mr Nova, have said that they like that I'm not over emotional, that I think like a man. To me it's an odd thing to say because I feel like I'm very much ruled by my heart. I can't help but wonder if one of the ideas behind thinking like a man comes from the ability to compartmentalize. I feel that men generally do that better than a lot of women. I've brought it up to my therapist and she said there's nothing wrong with compartmentalizing as long as you remember to open the boxes. Logical thinkers unite! In an orderly fashion!

On 16 October 2017 at 12:36 AM, Hisey said:

I still think that--best case scenario--with kids who can be happy in either setting--that kids miss out on a lot by long-term homeschooling. They just do. There's no way I can re-create the things my high schooler is experiencing, for example. I'm not talking academics--maybe I could re-create that (though a lot would involve boring computer teaching). It's the choir retreats, the school plays, the art classes with their expensive equipment and instruction, etc. .There just isn't the structure for teaching kids these things outside the classroom. It can happen (like if your friend owns an art studio and can mentor your artistic kid) but it is harder and less likely to happen.

What you're describing are things that a lot of homeschoolers have access to. In fact, homeschoolers are in some situations more able to participate in arty and extracurricular things because they have more control over their time. Where I live, school days are long, and participating in the things you describe on top of that would mean no downtime at all for the kid.

It sounds like you live somewhere where school is the source for all things. That is not the case for all people. Choirs, orchestras, art classes, etc, are all available and popular in my city, including public performances and even international tours. Our city has about a dozen schools and many, many community activities where kids from different schools and home-ed kids mix. (That's why we moved here.) The activities my kids are committed to have spanned many years and long friendships.

It's ironic that you say homeschool parents are defensive while parents of school kids are not. You seem pretty defensive in your quest to prove that all homeschoolers everywhere share your community's exact experience and don't do anything!

Some homeschooling is badly done, as evidenced by the families we discuss here (and perhaps by isolationist families in your community). But that is not inherent to all homeschooling.

44 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Men in my life, including Mr Nova, have said that they like that I'm not over emotional, that I think like a man. To me it's an odd thing to say because I feel like I'm very much ruled by my heart. I can't help but wonder if one of the ideas behind thinking like a man comes from the ability to compartmentalize. I feel that men generally do that better than a lot of women. I've brought it up to my therapist and she said there's nothing wrong with compartmentalizing as long as you remember to open the boxes. Logical thinkers unite! In an orderly fashion!

I think it's an odd thing to be told as well. It was one of the few gender stereotypes I heard from my dad. I recently explained to him that no, I did not have a masculine mind and I think he got it. I won him over with the logic of the entirely female mind lol. I did make sure to tell him that while I did not have a masculine mind, that he a male and my father, influenced my abilities by being entirely supportive of my education and fostering my growth as a thinker.

I'm also pretty good at compartmentalization and definitely need to remind myself to open the box. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

So glad so glad to see other logical women here. So tired of my mom saying I and others like me have a man's brain and thought process. 

Logical Ladies Unite! 

19 hours ago, KDA said:

Where I live, it's illegal to be paid to be a surrogate. Expenses are legally allowed to be covered, but that's it. And as maternity care is free here, legitimate expenses don't amount to much. Friends had a child via surrogacy last year, for less than $5000, including airfares to attend scans, appointments, the birth, and bringing bubby home. The surrogate mother is still in contact with the family and did it for love, not any other reason. I just can't imagine anyone wanting to be a surrogate for money. And if fundie-Christians are doing it, aren't they worried that the life they're bringing into the world won't be raised to know God? Maybe they put that down in the terms and conditions on their rent-a-uterus form?

To add: I have nothing against surrogacy. As said above, it enabled a friend to have a family. But when it's done as a money-making venture, then I'm pretty anti.

Totally agree with you on the surrogacy front.  I have a friend who cannot carry a child - her heart cannot handle the strain.  A friend on hers acted as surrogate, but there were no expenses apart from maternity costs.  I believe friend paid for a trip to Disney for surrogate and family after baby Z was born as a thank you.

Today's topic--thong on beaches!! All those horrible women who don't wear much at the beach and how they cause men to lust!! I guess she was about due for this topic. You know, Lori, if you got out of southern CA you wouldn't be exposed to this. Do you see this in Door County? Nope, its a rare thing actually that is popular in the super liberal area you live in. 

Today's post brought to you by: Thong Bathing Suits

On our walks on the beach, I have seen a troubling trend; more and more women are wearing thong bathing suits and when they are laying on a towel or are seen from the backside, they look naked

Maybe this is a local thing, because in the (many) years I've been spending summer vacations at the beach, I've seen less than a handful of women in thongs.

*If* Lori really wants these women to stop wearing thongs, she should tell them that she and her creepy husband talk about paddling them for their immodesty.  Seriously, let them know what the creepy older guy and his incoherent, gossip of a wife are talking about.  That will probably keep them off the beach all together.  Of course, they'd know what absolute freaks the "godly" Alexaders are, but Lori's mission would definitely be accomplished.

I read what others write against me for saying this as if women are completely innocent concerning men’s lust but they aren’t! 

Well in that case, Submissive Mentor, you should know that Ken said he would never allow you to read here, so if you want to be a submissive wife, you should stop reading now.  

Also, you are contradicting your former assertions that you don't read these sites, but whatever.  Maybe you were drinking a little wine for your "frequent infirmities" when you said that. :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

when women are wearing thongs they are only loving themselves and being selfish

I know many Christian men and women who would say that your navy top/short shorts are immodest, and therefore selfish.  

But wait...your rules only apply to others, right?

Many young people get into a lot of sexual trouble during these years because of this trend of putting off marriage for so many years after puberty.

We want the attention and love of a man so we try different men out since we’re “way too young” to be married even though our bodies tell us otherwise.

Lori- Based on some of the comments on your Facebook, this just comes off as creepy.  Like really creepy.  

Is her home surrounded by beaches - like are beaches the ONLY kind of land mass there is around her neighborhood?  Does she love in some kind of sand-covered Venice?  Does she need a paddle board to go to the grocery store? A boat to make it to church? 

Because if the beach is not her only option for walking - DON'T WALK ON THE BEACH if it is so offensive.  She is such a ninny. 

Also, I think Ken and Lori need to flee - FLEE - that God forsaken place and move to a land where people cover themselves. They need to move to a land without lemon trees and year-round farmers' markets and constant warm weather. They need to move to a land without bikinis. But is she willing to do that?  NOPE!  She'd rather stay where she is and judge people every day. And there's no way on God's green earth that Ken would love someplace that did not allow him a glimpse at bikini clad women every day. 

Oh, and Lori could not sunbathe practically nude each day if they left California. Because, you know, it's okay for HER to do that and flash her neighbors but....

Today while Lori was singing her throng song (again) she dropped this gem 

......... since most sunscreens are unhealthy and cause skin cancer.

So at least we know why she doesn't wear sunscreen and why her skin looks liked badly tanned and mottled leather.  But then we also know for sure she's an idiot to actually believe that.

Lori seems to be echoing the odious Mykel who commented that a girl of 12 was "longing for a man" and therefore we should marry girls off when they hit puberty.   Because they are ready for sex then and "want it."  Which is uber creepy and pervy coming from a guy, but somehow even worse Lori when Lori says it.

The Privileged Mentor:

I only shop at Trader Joe’s, the nearby health food store, and Costco so I never have to see the vile magazine covers. We thankfully don’t have billboards around us. I tape almost everything I watch so I speed through commercials. Therefore, the only place I see immodestly dressed women is at or near the beach. I love it when the weather cools down and the women cover up.

"Therefore, I should totally stop going to the beach!"  

Except, no.  Because then what would she have to gossip about??

33 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Putting off? Some of us couldn't find a decent non command man to marry until we were, 29. Thank you. 

Same here.  Plus, my husband and I lived together for a year, shared the same bed, and still managed to abstain until our wedding night!  Suck on THAT, Lori!

If Lori went to a beach in many parts of Europe, she would find many of the women topless. I will gladly supply popcorn for everyone should this blessed event ever happen. 

We go on cruises around once a year.  My husband and I love the Caribbean.  I don't think I've noticed a single "thong bathing suit" on the cruise ship, and sun bathing is the norm of the trip - but then again, I'm too busy enjoying myself to focus on criticizing others.

No where in the gospel do I see Jesus winning people by lobbing criticisms at them.  In fact, Jesus criticism seemed to be reserved for people who judge others in the name of God. (kind of like Lori here)

signed:  another INTJ who married my husband a year and half ago; in our late 40s.  (only marriage for both) - and the only person I have consented to have sex with is my husband. :-)   

Where I live, nudity is normal.  People of all ages dress and undress at the (outdoor) pool, the doctor can ask you to take your jeans off so he can examine your legs and he won't even leave the room while you slip out of them. No paper gown is provided.  I was shocked the first time I was asked to take my jeans off for an examination. Now I just wear a skirt and leggings.

At the pool, my kids don't stare and I don't either. We teach them not to view people as obects. That's the problem. I remember the time my sister,  a friend and I went to the pool and this man lay down right beside us in his thong. We were grossed out, especially because he seemed to be interested in flirting with our friend. We were 14, 15 and 18 respectively.  When he followed us to our new spot, we started to giggle and he left. 

Men in speedos look most unattractive, but a well-built man in well-fitted clothes is a nice sight. Should well-built men be made to wear ill-fitting clothes lest they cause us women to stumble?  

Lori so pathetically confuses two very distinct concepts: male lust and male predatory behavior. *Some* women might not care about male lust. But I think it’s probably safe to say that MOST women do very MUCH care about male predatory behavior. (I’m being very general, so please excuse any inaccuracies). Men have no right to prey on women, no matter what women wear. Men can lust and women can lust, but clothing will never dictate that. Lust is a matter of the mind and heart. And not all lust is bad!!!

I’m starting to think Ken has a thing for yoga teachers/swim coaches/other women into athletic or fitness activities, given Lori’s obsessive hatred of yoga pants and thong bikinis.

9 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Lori so pathetically confuses two very distinct concepts: male lust and male predatory behavior. *Some* women might not care about male lust. But I think it’s probably safe to say that MOST women do very MUCH care about male predatory behavior. (I’m being very general, so please excuse any inaccuracies). Men have no right to prey on women, no matter what women wear. Men can lust and women can lust, but clothing will never dictate that. Lust is a matter of the mind and heart. And not all lust is bad!!!

Lori should know that men and women both lust. Look at her, basking in the attention of Dave, Trey, Josh and her other male friends. Has she ever considered how Dave's and Trey's wives feel when their husbands praise Lori and call her "the most beautiful woman"?  I bet Lori gets all giddy when she reads those posts. And then she levels criticism at the scorned wives...Nice, loving, unselfish and pure Lori. 

It's ok to appreciate a good looking person. That doesn't mean you proceed to undress that person in your mind, or that you need to engage in sexual activity with him or her. 

Lori likes to give men who stare at women a pass. I think Ken has even posted on her blog that he struggles with looking at other women.  He has most definitely hit on women on her blog.

If Lori convinces herself that it's just the way God made him (and it's the woman's fault "anyways"), then she doesn't have to accept that she's married to a complete creep.

Ken has tried to explain this to me before.

Yes, most men will be attracted to a beautiful, sexy woman walking by but that doesn't mean he wants to have sex with her. It may get him more excited to have sex with you, but we need to stop taking this offensively and understand that this is the way God built them and live in an understanding, instead of judgmental way with them.

Just remember to give your husband lots of sex, don't try to control him in any way, and learn to please him. This makes his battle against his sexual nature SO much easier.

See?  Men are just victims of the way God created them.  If he's staring at other women, don't be judgmental.  Looking will just get him more excited to have sex with you!  Just remember to "give" him lots of sex (or as Michael Pearl so delicately put it, "pump him dry", and you won't have anything to worry about.

Blessings!

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/07/he-looks-at-sexy-women.html

Women, on the other hand:

we can see that women have no shame with being naked

Yes, these women are absolutely 100% being stumbling blocks to all of the men around them

when women are wearing thongs they are only loving themselves and being selfish.

We are to cover our bodies and keep them covered except for our husbands. Men like breasts. They like to look at them and feel them.

For some reason, young women today believe that if they are nursing their baby in public and they expose their breast, it's okay. It's not okay. 

Many women have no scruples. They are immodest and indecent and they cause many men to stumble

Cover up as much flesh as possible.

Never be directly responsible for a man to lust. 

Immodest women are mean women.  They like to turn other women's husbands on.  That's mean.  Remember that the next time you desire to dress immodestly.

I grew up in Santa Barbara and thongs were most definitely a trend. I remember the first time Mr Nova and I went back for a visit. It was the early 2000's. We were walking along the beach which is only about 20 or 30 feet wide in some spots with a cliff on the land side so you can't always see what's coming. We come around an out cropping of cliff and BAM! Three naked bootys in a row. Of course Mr Nova looked but he didn't stare. Hell, I looked. My hats off to anyone brave enough to bare their naked butt on that cold beach. We all have eyes and we don't live in a vacuum. Nudity doesn't automatically translate to sexuality for everyone.  

I wouldn't ever wear a thong bathing suit, but not because of immodesty reasons - they look bloody uncomfortable to me and I tend to prioritise comfort over fashion (obviously I do like to look nice, and thankfully there are plenty of fashionable items I can also feel at ease in). If someone wants to wear a thong bathing suit, they can do. There's no dress code in the US/U.K. beyond covering your nethers, and beaches are more relaxed anyway. It's a shame the UAE is Muslim because Lori would love living there if it was Christian. Then again she wouldn't have anything to bitch about, so...

I had never seen a thong bikini and didn't even know they existed until a year ago. We were on a trip to Seattle, of all places, but it was in the summer. A girl was standing in line at a lakeside resort. I have to admit I did a double-take. Remember, I didn't know that thongs existed (except as underwear) so I couldn't quite understand what was happening, why she was wearing that. . . why no one was staring. .. 

i went back to my family and my kids explained to me (with lots of rolled eyes) that this was a bathing suit fashion. I was like, well OK, seems a bit extreme but whatever. I actually wanted to show Mr. Hisey to get his opinion, but we didn't encounter that young girl again. 

I don't wear thongs because it is a major goal in life to keep any sort of clothing from creeping up inside my backside. But for those who are comfortable in them...go for it. 

Meanwhile, does anybody think Lori has an inkling that this comment could totally describe her?

IMG_8717.PNG

9 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I wouldn't ever wear a thong bathing suit, but not because of immodesty reasons - they look bloody uncomfortable to me and I tend to prioritise comfort over fashion (obviously I do like to look nice, and thankfully there are plenty of fashionable items I can also feel at ease in). If someone wants to wear a thong bathing suit, they can do. There's no dress code in the US/U.K. beyond covering your nethers, and beaches are more relaxed anyway. It's a shame the UAE is Muslim because Lori would love living there if it was Christian. Then again she wouldn't have anything to bitch about, so...

It would drive me completely insane to wear a thong. I am really sensitive to clothes rubbing against my skin. I certainly wouldn't like fabric in that particular area, which is quite used to being fabric-free. Plus, I am really modest (for nonreligious reasons) and would feel terribly uncomfortable and embarrassed, even if I had the kind of body that would cause "stumbling".

And that is about as immodest a comment that I am capable of. Back to you, Lori.

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived