IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

My in-laws have separate bedrooms. My MIL snores horribly and my FIL is a super light sleeper. They’ve been together for my goodness....20ish years? and they have no issues. As long as you’re both happy with the situation and sleep better, I say screw everyone elses opinions. Ha. 

My husband and I sleep apart (except for about 2 nights a week) because he works nights. I would normally really miss him being next to me but right now, being hugely pregnant and having a variety of different pillows to get any kind of sleep, I enjoy having the whole bed to myself.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst is being stuck with a cuddler who is also a snorer. My last *cough* fling was both of those. And let me tell you, it was not worth the cuddles or the snores. I was so trapped.

I remain semi-optimistic that I will be able to share a bed again one day. I am completely open to two bed scenarios. I’ve had that whole “we aren’t a couple if we don’t share the exact same bed routine” argument. No. 

Anyone have thoughts on If sierra actually is friends with the duggars or if she just wants on tv to promote the crap she sells. 

21 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I’ve had that whole “we aren’t a couple if we don’t share the exact same bed routine” argument. No. 

We’re not a couple then. I’m a nightowl since birth and Mr Way gets up at 5 to fo to work. On weeknights he usually goes to bed 2-3 hours before me. That’s when I watch all of my favourite shows that he hates. :)

4 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Anyone have thoughts on If sierra actually is friends with the duggars or if she just wants on tv to promote the crap she sells. 

She and Jessa used to hang out a lot. They, plus another girl who's name I forget, were a "tribe."

Hubby sleeps in his recliner, I sleep in bed.  He talks in his sleep, including waking me to ask questions.  Since he's usually at work in his dreams, I know what to tell him so he'll shut up and go back to sleep.  If he sleeps in the recliner, he gets a decent nights sleep and so do I.  Plus my migraines flare if I don't get enough sleep.  

Our relationship hasn't suffered and we can both sleep!  I call that a win-win.

Eta:  I fill in at the office where he works when the office manager is out.  

I talk in my sleep sometimes. So does my husband. So do both of our kids. Fortunately, I don't think any of us generally wakes anyone up by talking. It makes for some funny stories, though, if the sleeping person says something absurd. :my_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

She and Jessa used to hang out a lot. They, plus another girl who's name I forget, were a "tribe."

Yeah i remember that, i guess I just still kind if see her as a leech

12 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Kristen, the Tacos 4 Life lady. 

My cats sleep in my bed with me and last night I woke up twice to find one's butthole literally inches from my face (with his tail resting on my face).  Just because he wanted me to get up and feed him.  Tyrant.

I'm single but I think I'd be in the separate beds camp if I had a significant other - I like my space and I'm a very light sleeper and move all around in my sleep.  I frequently wake up and find the pillows and covers off the bed entirely.

My cats sleep with us,too.One of them will go in the bathroom and knock over the trash can,or knock my books off the shelf.He's even tapped me on my face,and I have turned over to seeing him,right in my face..looking at me...all because he's ready to eat.

Mr Melon and I have been married for 38 years.He still complains about me not giving him enough room,hogging the covers,and more recently..snoring.He does all of the above,too,but refuses to admit it.But,we used to have a King size bed,and he actually complained that I was too far away!LOL..we have a Queen,now...I still remember years ago,when we had a standard or regular double bed.

On 6/16/2018 at 11:30 PM, Gillyweed said:

it was Laura I believe and also wasn't Sierra a brides maid in Joy's wedding? I don't think I've really seen her mention them since then though. 

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Kristen, the Tacos 4 Life lady. 

ah Yes I think I was thinking of Jana's friend. 

DH is a light sleeper, it took a good year for him to get used to us sharing a bed, I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, so I never realized that he slept on the couch a lot the 1st year we were together.  It worried me at 1st, because my parents had separate rooms because my mom is a light sleeper (she's very hard of hearing and can't hear you when you're standing next to her but asleep she'll hear a cat fart from across the street) and my dad snores, they divorced and they hated each other, and I thought it would be bad for us if he couldn't sleep in the bed with me. I later realized that the separate rooms were the least of their problems. Now 22 years later he has the opposite problem, he can't sleep if I'm NOT there, he says it is too quite and no one steals all the covers or hogs the bed if I'm not there. :pb_lol:

My boyfriend is a very light sleeper. We have two mattresses and two duvets on one bed because of this. Also because it is nice to decide on your own how stiff you want your mattress and how warm your duvet. 

Also I tend to snore when I have a cold or when I drink too much. My boyfriend gets out of bed a lot when he has a cold. So our rule is that if you drank too much you have to sleep in the guestroom and if you have a cold, the other (healthy) person has to sleep in the guestroom. 

Some friends think it is weird that we don't sleep together in these cases but it's so much better. And its not like any sexy time is going to happen in those cases ;-)

I'm surprised that no one has commented on her recent post.  She gave her young infant a gummy worm to gum on and laughed about repeatedly having to yank her toddler out of the water while white water rafting.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

The post @JMO was mentioning. 

this whole thing reminds me of a post I saw on my FB recently someone gave their six month old a ring pop to suck on. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:14 PM, SamiKatz said:

My cats sleep in my bed with me and last night I woke up twice to find one's butthole literally inches from my face (with his tail resting on my face).  Just because he wanted me to get up and feed him.  Tyrant.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, melon said:

My cats sleep with us,too.One of them will go in the bathroom and knock over the trash can,or knock my books off the shelf.He's even tapped me on my face,and I have turned over to seeing him,right in my face..looking at me...all because he's ready to eat.

last night around 3am, one of my cats jumped on me (yep, jumped), lay on my chest, and proceeded to lick my face.  he wasn't hungry; he just wanted attention.  and this is the cat who couldn't be more standoffish and aloof during the day, you know, when i'd like to spend 20 minutes petting a cat.

12 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

this whole thing reminds me of a post I saw on my FB recently someone gave their six month old a ring pop to suck on. 

I really try not to judge parents, really I try.  But come on!  Why would you do that?  What possible good could it do?  Why would my cousin ask about giving her 6 month old chocolate milk?  Why?  There are clear guidelines and why brake them?  ARGG

8 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm surprised that no one has commented on her recent post.  She gave her young infant a gummy worm to gum on and laughed about repeatedly having to yank her toddler out of the water while white water rafting.  

What in the actual hell...a gummy worm? You suck on one of those long enough it will break apart and I'm sure the process is only sped up by all that baby drool. We're going to do baby lead weaning with our kiddo but we are going to do it safely. And I'm not sure I'd be bragging about my toddler falling off a white water raft. Common sense people.

If I'm reading Sierra's post right, they didn't actually go whitewater rafting. They went to a water park in Branson that is owned and operated by Silver Dollar City, the Duggar's favorite amusement park. The confusion comes in because it's named White Water Branson. According to their description on Yelp, they are "A large water park offering something for every age, operated by the Silver Dollar City amusement park." 

So, Sierra's kid (which one is "Squish"?) ran into some difficulty in a wave pool, at a water park, with lifeguards nearby. Not great, but a very different situation from almost losing a child while whitewater rafting a real river. :)

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Which one is "Squish"?

The three-ish (?) year old girl. She does actually have a (super adorable) squishy face still. I'm sure in six or seven years she'll be cursing the fact that she's known as "Squish" publicly on the internet though.

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

If I'm reading Sierra's post right, they didn't actually go whitewater rafting. They went to a water park in Branson that is owned and operated by Silver Dollar City, the Duggar's favorite amusement park. The confusion comes in because it's named White Water Branson. According to their description on Yelp, they are "A large water park offering something for every age, operated by the Silver Dollar City amusement park." 

So, Sierra's kid (which one is "Squish"?) ran into some difficulty in a wave pool, at a water park, with lifeguards nearby. Not great, but a very different situation from almost losing a child while whitewater rafting a real river. :)

squish is Edyen (SP) 

Mr. 3D has R.E.M. Behavior Disorder, a frightening thing, and sleeps in another room. He acts out his dreams and they can be violent sometimes. I have occasionally had the bruises to prove that. We discovered that during a sleep study, I thought it was mostly restless leg syndrome, but no such luck. He is on a collection of meds and it is better if we use separate rooms for sleeping. I am a heavy sleeper, I can sleep through any alarm clock known to man, but I can answer the phone on the first ring. Go figure! Separate rooms sometimes saves marriages!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived