IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

How can she roughhouse in a skirt! Not modest!

Jeggings-  more layers of clothing= greater modesty. Kind of like the higher the hair, the closer to God.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play wrestle with the kiddos all the time. Because ya know belly razzberries!! (Or they stole my spot/blanket) I'm also notorious for grabbing the mini super soaker and ambushing everyone at random. 

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I am a huge fan of how Jessa claps back at some of the comments on her Facebook/Instagram. 59e283a988a81_ScreenShot2017-10-14at5_33_06PM.png.97beff9aaeaee4b39e1ee97f1bb2f600.png59e283ab4eea6_ScreenShot2017-10-14at5_33_34PM.png.dc25aed535d744f2662f6da1031a16c0.png

Spoiler

59e283a85b5af_ScreenShot2017-10-14at5_37_29PM.png.f523c337e52989164083809a2bbe0727.png

Its a real shame Jessa was raised a Duggar. She's a confident, well spoken, and funny young woman who doesn't back down and doesn't shy away from confronting disrespect. 

Without her toxic beliefs, she could really be a force for empowerment in this world.

But instead...

She took that passive-aggressive woman down well. I hope she keeps it up. You can make yourself quite clear and be firm and still "keep sweet."

On 10/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, Rachel333 said:

I think it applies to them too. They seem like really nice people, but that doesn't change the fact that I think being on reality tv is incredibly unhealthy for children. (Well, probably for anyone, actually, but especially children.)

I agree with this. I am watching this week's episode of the Little Couple right now. While they do keep it lighter than some of the other families and seem to film a lot less, there are still moments in there that no kid should have aired to the nation. For example, they were driving to visit family and Zoe announced she had to poop. They had a whole conversation asking whether she could hold it and her saying she wouldn't have an accident.

It may not be as bad as other examples we've talked about on this board (Duggars and Gosselins, I'm looking at you) where a child actually pooped their pants or needed help after being constipated or whatever. But I can't help thinking how I'd feel if it were me. Can you imagine how Zoe will feel when she watches some of this back as an adult? Some of it is cute home videos, but some of it could be embarrassing. 

On 10/13/2017 at 2:15 PM, Rachel333 said:

I've come to the conclusion that you cannot really be a good parent if you also put your kids on reality tv.

Easy now.. (we were on One episode of a tlc show).

One positive thing I will say about the Little Couple is that after each adoption they forbade the cameras from being around for a while, which allowed them to bond as a family and for the child to adjust.

It makes me very happy that Spurgie and Henry are growing up in a home where they're clearly very, very loved. They seem like secure, happy babies who are developing perfectly as they should, in an environment that supports them.

i did my fair share of giving out about Jessa and Ben over the years but on this one I'm glad to be proved wrong. They're great parents and I'm really starting to believe they might stay great parents even as the numbers increase. I know all the arguments about huge family sizes meaning you can't be an interactive, attentive parent, but you know something? Some people can be. And I have a weirdly warm feeling about Jessa and Ben.

Oh god, I just praised a Duggar :shocked::shocked:

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

One positive thing I will say about the Little Couple is that after each adoption they forbade the cameras from being around for a while, which allowed them to bond as a family and for the child to adjust.

What Little Couple did you watch? Both of their international adoptions/bringing home their kids were filmed and aired. 

47 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

What Little Couple did you watch? Both of their international adoptions/bringing home their kids were filmed and aired. 

Yes but I believe after they got Will home, I'm not certain about Zoe, they kicked the cameras out for a period of time. They used it as a bonding time. 

17 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes but I believe after they got Will home, I'm not certain about Zoe, they kicked the cameras out for a period of time. They used it as a bonding time. 

I’m not well versed on the Little Couple but I do remember watching an episode with one of their children and it was within the first few days of them being home from the adoption. To me, that’s no different then any other TLC star giving birth on camera then wrapping filming for a few months between seasons. I don’t personally care but I’m also not going to pretend the Arnold’s are above the whole “exploiting my kids for TV fame” thing either. 

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I’m not well versed on the Little Couple but I do remember watching an episode with one of their children and it was within the first few days of them being home from the adoption. To me, that’s no different then any other TLC star giving birth on camera then wrapping filming for a few months between seasons. I don’t personally care but I’m also not going to pretend the Arnold’s are above the whole “exploiting my kids for TV fame” thing either. 

After each adoption pick up & initial arrival home they did kick out the cameras for 6 months afterwards to bond with the children without interference.  

However, I'm of the mind too that it's not a normal upbringing for a child.  While their younger they may not realize, but, as they age, they definitely do.   Maybe a show here or there to show milestones, but, the day to day living NO!

The Gosselins are a perfect example of excess and the takeover of their everyday lives to the camera.  Kate insisted it was their lives that camera's just happened to catch ... bullshit, they had 'episodes' and 'plots' for each show especially to amp up the drama (with her it sure wasn't hard) and they were filmed so much as young children that their house was set up like a studio with built in lights and everything associated with filming and their lives were episodes!  I don't remember the  exact figures now, but, during the years when the show was at its zenith, they filmed those poor children over 150 days a year!  

She thought she was the 'stah' of the show and the show must go own and damn the consequences, of which there have been many.  Their  marriage, the alienation of  her family; their father with some of the children, her son living in a live-in facility and not being home for almost 2 years now and I'm sorry, the behaviour of both her and her children is sometimes atrocious and she has no issue with the way they're portrayed on TV.    BLOWS my mind that she has no issue with this, she is a narcissist of the first degree and it is always someone else fault!  

LOL as you can see I don't like Kate Gosselin and it was their show that got me interested in these shows filming 'real' life and their effects on children and the family.  

@Smoochie Well said. Kate is a horrible asshole. I wonder how growing up being filmed has affected the kids at school and their social lives, and how impressions of their lives will affect college, careers, etc.

2 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

After each adoption pick up & initial arrival home they did kick out the cameras for 6 months afterwards to bond with the children without interference.  

However, I'm of the mind too that it's not a normal upbringing for a child.  While their younger they may not realize, but, as they age, they definitely do.   Maybe a show here or there to show milestones, but, the day to day living NO!

The Gosselins are a perfect example of excess and the takeover of their everyday lives to the camera.  Kate insisted it was their lives that camera's just happened to catch ... bullshit, they had 'episodes' and 'plots' for each show especially to amp up the drama (with her it sure wasn't hard) and they were filmed so much as young children that their house was set up like a studio with built in lights and everything associated with filming and their lives were episodes!  I don't remember the  exact figures now, but, during the years when the show was at its zenith, they filmed over 150 days a year!  

She thought she was the 'stah' of the show and the show must go own and damn the consequences, of which there have been many.  Their  marriage, the alienation of  her family; their father with some of the children, her son living in a live-in facility and not being home for almost 2 years now and I'm sorry, the behaviour of both her and her children is sometimes atrocious and she has no issue with the way they're portrayed on TV.    BLOWS my mind that she has no issue with this, she is a narcissist of the first degree and it is always someone else fault!  

LOL as you can see I don't like Kate Gosselin and it was their show that got me interested in these shows filming 'real' life and their effects on children and the family.  

I never really watched the Gosselins but the way that woman talks about her son makes me want to hurl. She’s all but disowned him for his “problematic” (re: not good for TV) behavior. Ick. They are definitely the epitome of reality TV ruining children’s lives. The Roloff’s have a son who’s been really open about how much reality TV screwed up his childhood and ruined his family, and it was very eye opening to read some of it. 

14 hours ago, twoanddone said:

Easy now.. (we were on One episode of a tlc show).

That does nothing to change my opinion that reality tv is terrible for children, though one episode of something like A Baby Story is probably not a big deal and is entirely different from the families that live their life on tv.

I actually was contacted online by someone wanting to talk to me about being on a TLC show, but I didn't respond because I don't want to put my life out there like that. (And even if I did I doubt my life would make for compelling tv. :pb_lol:)

I understand how people get sucked into putting their lives on tv and I don't necessarily think they're bad people, but I do think it is a terrible parenting decision to put kids on a reality tv show, and that applies to everyone, even the people like the Arnolds who seem nice and tend to engender more sympathy than families like the Duggars or Gosselins.

These kids aren't going to have the option of living private lives and choosing what they want to disclose to people. They can choose to retire from the spotlight but that won't change the fact that everyone they meet will be able know personal information about them from a decision their parents made for them. In the case of the Arnolds kids, maybe they won't want everyone knowing all about their adoption and how they reacted when they first met their new parents, but because of their parents' choices those kids will never have the option of keeping it to themselves.

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

What folks like you forget is that The Little Couple was a program long before the adoptions took place. That's why it's The Little Couple and not The Little Family.

The premise of this show was never based on children. Bill and Jen themselves explained their motivation, to show that despite the challenges they face as little people, it's possible to accomplish much, find love, and have a rich life. They didn't need TLC money.

I've watched every episode and Bill and Jen took time off from work to bond as a family. This time WAS NOT televised.

I get this reflexive dislike for children on reality shows, although I do not agree with it, because I don't agree with blanket prejudices like this. Judge each family on it's own merit, or not. Not every family is a trainwreck like the Duggars, whose entire brand was based from the start on the exploitation of children.

27 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I never really watched the Gosselins but the way that woman talks about her son makes me want to hurl. She’s all but disowned him for his “problematic” (re: not good for TV) behavior. Ick. They are definitely the epitome of reality TV ruining children’s lives. The Roloff’s have a son who’s been really open about how much reality TV screwed up his childhood and ruined his family, and it was very eye opening to read some of it. 

The Gosselin kids were ruined because they had Jon and Kate as parents, the show is irrelevant! Same with Jacob Roloff, who always had issues. There is not always a cause and effect relationship between a child turning out badly and being on a reality show.

The 7 Little Johnstons has teens, you hear nothing about them. There's also a black family with multiples that are not talked about. Every family is not the Duggars and Gosselins. 

32 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

The Gosselin kids were ruined because they had Jon and Kate as parents, the show is irrelevant! Same with Jacob Roloff, who always had issues. There is not always a cause and effect relationship between a child turning out badly and being on a reality show.

The 7 Little Johnstons has teens, you hear nothing about them. There's also a black family with multiples that are not talked about. Every family is not the Duggars and Gosselins. 

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree.  You might not have heard anything yet and may never, but, why take that risk with your children and their mental health?  Also, many shows don't catch on and are one and dones.  It seems the ones with the most effect are those that continue on for years.

Remember there are no protections in place for children 'acting' as themselves on reality TV.  No rules, regulations or protections that need to be adhered under laws that those professional children actors in the Guild are provided.  The TV contract is signed by the parents of all underage children and the underage children themselves are not compensated, their parents are and there are usually provisions that all must be available during filming hours.  Money can corrupt the best of people and is the master of many a narcissist, there's never enough and be damned anyone that gets in their way.   

Yes, some may already have issues, but, the constant camera presence and a child being judged and knowing so by  possibly millions of people could certainly exacerbate the situation.  It's not the way I would want to have been raised and would never subject children too.  I can rest easy knowing that if I google my name I won't have articles, blogs or websites dedicated to my childhood and the way I looked, acted or reacted during my best and my worst times.

Of course the irony is, I'm here commenting on adults that started as children on reality TV and in some ways am contributing to the effects and blowback of reality TV they'll face as adults!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived