IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

Okay, I went back and looked for the blurred knees because I didn't notice it the first time around. I think they blurred her knees because they were actually blurring her upper legs. Her skirt got pulled up pretty far, and at one point you can almost see up it (or would be able to, without the blur). I think they started blurring at the beginning of the scene so that there wasn't this sudden noticeable censoring going on. It's still pretty silly, there's nothing scandalous about upper legs, and the scene didn't seem so necessary that they couldn't have just edited it out - but it's not quite as ridiculous as it seems at first glance, and it explains why her knees aren't blurred when it cuts back to her. Or at least that was my interpretation!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

I wish I could have blurred legs on those days when I CBA to shave :P

I may not shave my legs again until spring. I don't wear dresses very often and I'm prone to ingrown hairs. Blurred legs would be handy, from time to time. ;)

Menopause. I don't have to shave my legs any more. Not complaining. Don't know if this happens for everyone.

14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Menopause. I don't have to shave my legs any more. Not complaining. Don't know if this happens for everyone.

Not me - at least my legs. My pits are less hairy though... but that hair is apparently transitioning to my upper lip. :( 

I don't understand the Duggar girls. If they want to be modest, wear modesty shorts under skirts (also helps with chafing). I do that, not because I'm a fundie, but because I live in a very windy city and walking around constantly exposing everything including hairy thighs and underwear might be a bit too much. I don't have legs and buttocks like Kate Middleton. 

i think that a pair of pant that fits you well is more modest than those skirts...... i don t get the modesty thing on little girls....what s wrong with a t shirt and leggins for a 2years old???long dresses and leggins sometimes are not confortable.

14 hours ago, likejana86 said:

i think that a pair of pant that fits you well is more modest than those skirts...... i don t get the modesty thing on little girls....what s wrong with a t shirt and leggins for a 2years old???long dresses and leggins sometimes are not confortable.

I sometimes think it has less to do with modesty and more to do with the fact that Gothard is a misogynistic pervert who likes women to appear feminine, or at least his interpretation of it.

The Duggars did not let their boys wear shorts until after Ben showed up wearing shorts. The boys had to swim in short wet suits, and the girls wore those strange wholesome wear swimsuits. The next generation is allowing the little boys to wear shorts, and Spurgie was actually bare chested in the pool. *Nike* Anna seems to be keeping her girls in dresses. We 'll have to see what Jill and Jesse do. I don't think Jinger will have an issue with shorts or pants on a girl.

All This to say, that the Duggars can change their minds if they want to.

This might be a little bit if a random question  (the skirts/modesty) discussion made me think about it. But did the Duggars let the infant (like younger than a year) daughters wear onesies and things with pants? I know Chad and Erin Payne had Brooklyn in pants and onesies with just leg holes but it's been too long since a female Dugggar was born to remember if they did the same. 

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

This might be a little bit if a random question  (the skirts/modesty) discussion made me think about it. But did the Duggars let the infant (like younger than a year) daughters wear onesies and things with pants? I know Chad and Erin Payne had Brooklyn in pants and onesies with just leg holes but it's been too long since a female Dugggar was born to remember if they did the same. 

It’s been two years - Meredith Grace Duggar was born in July of 2015. We haven’t seen a lot of her because her dad is a massive asshole who screwed the family over. I think she’s mostly been seen in dresses and leggings so far, but she has been shown in shirts and pants/leggings too:

Spoiler

5208856D-7468-4F2F-B237-5DFAF18994D1.png.2ebc8fca7a349fed4127c2db93829185.png

Spoiler

B2687753-C78A-4D05-A192-41C6F47AADEB.jpeg.6257e9e3424eb3e2daed7719396b1bb1.jpeg

Spoiler

F4673529-1461-4F86-ACB3-B6CE82508500.jpeg.a82d24f31c1e357ff2fbf260c5ebefc6.jpeg

(Last photo is of Meredith and Dillon King, Amy’s husband, from 2015.)

Mommy where are the puppies?
Warning Spurgeon does do a good job of puppy noises and it's pretty high pitched, at the end.

i think that they added the pink fabric to the shirt so like this is more like  a dress...

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

82c0d74c6f7177dc2ada453c7621a689.png
Recent picture of Meredith from Jessa's Instagram story.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Duggars did not let their boys wear shorts until after Ben showed up wearing shorts. The boys had to swim in short wet suits, and the girls wore those strange wholesome wear swimsuits. The next generation is allowing the little boys to wear shorts, and Spurgie was actually bare chested in the pool. *Nike* Anna seems to be keeping her girls in dresses. We 'll have to see what Jill and Jesse do. I don't think Jinger will have an issue with shorts or pants on a girl.

All This to say, that the Duggars can change their minds if they want to.

i noticed that too...they dress the boys differently ...anna i don t think she will change a lot but the other girls maybe

i want them to wear pants too

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

@Carm-in that last photo of SES posted on Jessa's IG, SES favors Ben.

I am starting to see more Ben in him as well. 

On 10/4/2017 at 10:24 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Not me - at least my legs. My pits are less hairy though... but that hair is apparently transitioning to my upper lip. :( 

Also the chin for me.  :my_cry:

54 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

Also the chin for me.  :my_cry:

And the dang chin hair is thick and sharp and heavy... and white.

He's just a dolly, I love Henry growling in the background.  I miss having littles around. My son is moving out today, and yesterday I spent the day touring the college campus my daughter will be attending.  It seems like just yesterday they were that cute and little. 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

And the dang chin hair is thick and sharp and heavy... and white.

My one chin hair (that keeps coming back again and again) is black.

And why oh why does the chin/lip hair have to arrive as the same time as the extreme myopia??????? Oh and for shits and giggles, I also have a chin mole that sprouts about 3 white hairs all at once-, every other day!

I think Ben and Jessa need to share their makeover professional with the Dillards - someone needs to put a sock in Dereck's mouth-and take his social media away for awhile.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:50 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I got pregnant again because the docs assured me that HG was "rare" and would likely not happen again...

Hah.

They also assured me that "morning sickness equals a strong, healthy baby" - yet, I still miscarried while having HG. So. I think child birthing is still quite a mystery, even to the old guard medical pros. :)

I had HG with pregnancy #2 & #3. #3 was worse than the second.  I ended up miscarrying at 12 weeks. We didn't try again as I didn't think I could handle HG again.  It is so debilitating. 

I was told that since I had HG once I'd likely have it again.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived