IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how many things simply being white and having a penis makes you an expert on. 

On 10/7/2017 at 1:18 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

My one chin hair (that keeps coming back again and again) is black.

I have one on each side of my chin. Black as a moonless night in the country. I have these little instruments that are about six inches long with a plastic handle and a little metal scrapy comb at the top, which are meant for eyebrow shaping, and I'm using one a couple times a week on those two. I do have much less hair on my legs, but I do not consider this a suitable trade off. I've been shaving my legs for 40 years, I could just carry on with it.

Mainly having one long endless hot flash. I wear a sleeveless short loose rayon dress pretty much all the time. If we get autumn and winter eventually, too bad. Maybe I'll put on boots to go out.

I actually just finished a book by Dr. Willie Parker, a brave soul that treks around the south to provide abortion services that are much needed there. He addressed the whole black lives matter comparison. Basically fundies are trying to steal the narrative to address THEIR wishes. Think trump trying to steal the narrative of kneeling into being disrespecting the flag. Basically, "black women: don't let the white Man get you down and make you feel like you need an abortion! You got this! Your kid could be the next Obama if you don't murder him!" (They actually put up billboards saying this) Here are some quotes

(Context: black genocide movement) ..."their goal- im  preaching now, I can't help it- is not, actually, to curtail abortion services for poor women and women of color. It's to limit access to abortion for all women, including, and especially, white women. Because the thing all too many white anti abortion activists really want, which they can't say out loud, is for white women to have more babies, in order to push back against the browning of America. As we march toward that reality, by 2050, no one racial or ethnic group will hold a proportional majority in this country, racial suicide paranoia abounds. And for the white racist legislators in the red states, nothing is more threatening than a majority-brown country; it strips them of their historic power. The prospect of being outnumbered is what enabled the Tea party's mutiny of congress in 2010 after the election of Barack Obama, americas first black president, allowing it to cripple the Republican establishment; Render the first majority party female presidential candidate powerless; and enable the rise of the racist, nationalistic, and misogynistic Donald Trump. The white people who are still in charge believe that if their women don't start having lots of babies, they- the white patriarchs- are going to become obsolete" pages164-165

"...and so white men in charge have invented a work-around. They're tied their antipathy toward abortion together with civil right and the Black lives matter movement. They understand that by curtailing abortion for black women they curtail it for white women, too. It's a sleigh of hand, a misdirection."- page 165

I'll add some stuff about mike pence, so you can see what's fundies love that moron:

"Mike pence signed into law a bill that bans abortion on the basis of a diagnosed fetal disability and requires abortion providers to advise patients about perinatal hospice, in the event of a lethal fetal anomaly. Perinatal hospice is not an established medical protocol but a bundle of services invented by anti abortion forces. What the antis want is for nonviable fetuses to live inside the uterus until they die of natural causes, with increases the risk of harm to the health of the mother"-180

Still, anti abortion forces are so focused on finding small vulnerabilities in the business of abortion care- any aspect of the procedure that can be restricted or legislated or impeded somehow- that the legal disposal of remains has become a focal point. In 2016, in order to stop abortion clinics from providing fetal material to research facilities, the state of Indiana passed a bill, signed into law by governor mike Pence, requiring all fetal mAterials to be treated like dead people cremated or buried in accordance with the law- even if the woman who sought the abortion has no desire or wish for such a rite. These laws serve to perpetuate an atmosphere of suspend criminality around abortion, the sense that this legal health service is illicit, somehow"-98

and in hope derrick reads this:

(He's talking about TRAP laws, like, abortion clinics needing hallways wide enough for gurneys or Abortion providers needing  privileges at hospitals) "Now everyone on every side understood that this 'health and safety ' rationale was ridiculously bogus: the real intent of the law was to shut the clinic down. Abortion is safer than outpatient plastic surgery and many other procedures-and those doctors are not required to have admitting privileges. What's more, the .5% of patients who need to be admitted to the hospital because of an accident or incident occurring during an abortion would be admitted through the hospital emergency department, no special 'privileges' required. These laws were designed to entrap doctors like me, coming from out of town with no local connections,and from the moment I started performing abortions in Mississippi, I found myself snared in their web"-186

the book is called Life's Work. Interestingly enough, the doctor chose to become fundie in his teen years. He describes his journey of realizing it would be a sin not to use his medically skills to help women who desperately need abortion.

I follow him on twitter! I think he was in that Jackson documentary I mentioned a while ago. I guess I missed his book came out, definitely adding it to my list!

3 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I follow him on twitter! I think he was in that Jackson documentary I mentioned a while ago. I guess I missed his book came out, definitely adding it to my list!

I wanted to give him a standing ovation nearly every page! Check it out. I really loved his answer to people who think abortion is only ok to save moms life.

"If you can agree certain medical conditions might justify abortion, then how can you exclude social, or personal, or financial conditions?" -153

another good point:

"adults are presumed to be able to look after their own best interests and the best interests of people who are depending on them. In every case except abortion, society bestows upon individuals this trust, even if those individuals have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to make good decisions. The presumption undergirding abortion decision making is that women who have had sex and are accidentally or unintentionally pregnant cannot be trusted to comprehend the consequential weight of their actions. The law requires them, like bad little girls, to 'prove ' to authorities that they have thought carefully about what they're about to do" -141

a39eb7c95a964018a418e033559ef666.png
Spurgeon was checking out Henry's bouncer/seat thing in last night's Instagram story from Jessa!

He is the cutest and really melts my heart. I have watched the video in which he puts his hand into Henry's drool like a hundred times. I just can't get over the way he says "yuck yuck yuck - it's a mess". I really hope Jessa and Ben's quiver won't be all too big so they have the time, energy and ressources to really focus on the ones they got.

I noticed that all the critical comments on Michael Seewald’s whitesplaining blog post are gone. It could be some kind of fluke, but my guess is that he can dish it out just fine but can’t take it when others call him out for his stupidity.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:31 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Are you me? Dear god - HG was awful. I had one additional pregnancy with HG, which ended in miscarriage (along with others that also ended in miscarriage without HG). I ruptured blood vessels in my eyes, cheeks, neck, and chest from the violent vomiting. And I found out that Doritos are probably the worst thing to have eaten prior to upchucking...

I still remember the taste of Emetrol (it triggers my gag reflex just typing the word).

I also survived and HG pregnancy and I had a list of food that tasted the same going down as it did coming back up. Things that didn't burn or leave an even worse taste in my mouth. It was pure hell. My mom is still pretty mad that I won't chance another pregnancy. I would have to be under supervised care 24/7 and probably on IV fluids constantly. I love my beautiful, healthy little boy but those were the worst 9 months of my entire life and I won't put myself in that position again. 

I would feel bad for any fundie with HG because you know they would be expected to have kid after kid regardless of their health. It's maddening :( 

18 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

the book is called Life's Work. Interestingly enough, the doctor chose to become fundie in his teen years. He describes his journey of realizing it would be a sin not to use his medically skills to help women who desperately need abortion.

Abortion exists for a reason and is a much needed service.

What annoys me about Duggar types and such they act like it affects them directly.

It is the choice of the woman who is carrying the child (and a partner sometimes) and no-one else's damn business.

I think I will have to buy the book by Dr. Nelson - it seems like a good read.

Abortion is pretty ancient too.  Tansy ( an herb) is still not available in the US because it is a natural abortificiant.  We could grow it, use it as plan B or for early abortion and no one would know.  It's bullshit.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:07 PM, candygirl200413 said:

such as black abortions

OT but this sounds like the title of a Cannibal Corpse song.

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Abortion is pretty ancient too.  Tansy ( an herb) is still not available in the US because it is a natural abortificiant.  We could grow it, use it as plan B or for early abortion and no one would know.  It's bullshit.

There have always been rumored ways to end an unwanted or poorly timed pregnancy. It's an ancient practice that won't be deterred by laws, but can and will be complicated by unnecessarily punitive measures designed to shame and torment those seeking what should be a private, medical procedure. 

30 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

More wrestling cuteness

Spurge is only getting cuter and cuter, didn't think that was possible!
It's so nice to see Ben being a hands on dad and playing around, you can see in his facial expressions to Spurge how engaged he is with his son. I try to put Derick and Izzy in this setting, and I just don't see it.

I know it's possible that Derick is actually a super hands on dad, having fun and playing with Izzy all the time, and Jill just isn't filming it like Jessa does, but I think somehow (and I think most of you guys would agree), based on what we've seen from aspects of Derick's personality, attitude and behavior, I doubt it. That makes me feel a little pang of sadness for Izzy, and now Sam too.

Man I struggle with these cute videos because, well I think it's great to see such parental interaction. They ARE cute kids. I can't help but want to compliment Jess in the shopping picture for kids who are buckled, dressed well for fall, clean and happy.

But then I ask myself why we have SO much access to these kids, why we get entire photo albums, television shows, magazine covers and social media updates regularly. Will we get these their whole life?

Do you really want to be a good parent Jessa? 

Turn off the Truman show. 

So the Seewalds are still in the same house.....where are Joe and Kendra and when do Benessa get their newer bigger place to live. An add on.....building up...if she has another blessing.....well.....what will happen. 

These and other shallow questions swirl through my addled brain. 

34 minutes ago, Feministe9000 said:

Spurge is only getting cuter and cuter, didn't think that was possible!
It's so nice to see Ben being a hands on dad and playing around, you can see in his facial expressions to Spurge how engaged he is with his son. I try to put Derick and Izzy in this setting, and I just don't see it.

I know it's possible that Derick is actually a super hands on dad, having fun and playing with Izzy all the time, and Jill just isn't filming it like Jessa does, but I think somehow (and I think most of you guys would agree), based on what we've seen from aspects of Derick's personality, attitude and behavior, I doubt it. That makes me feel a little pang of sadness for Izzy, and now Sam too.

I agree this video is cute. Spurgeon and Ben are having fun together. But it's also bringing out a lot of different thoughts on the subject for me. Roughhousing like this is such a gendered activity. What would we think about this if it was Jessa and Spurgeon playing like this? Or if it was Ben and Spurgette? For some reason, this is only adorable father-son behavior. But if a dad, perhaps like Derick, doesn't want to engage in play like this with his son, does it make him a bad dad to the point that we feel sorry for his kids? My husband didn't play with our kids like this and I didn't think that he was any less of a father. I didn't encourage my kids to play fight because I thought it would encourage real fighting when they were angry. Jessa posted a video of Spurgeon and Henry "wrestling" that wouldn't have been allowed if Henry was Henrietta.

Derick seems like a stiff and only seems to want to discuss Izzy's moral development, but I don't think we really know how they interact. Jill seems to think he's a fantastic father so at least there's that. Not every kid is going to have a "fun" dad like Ben, but it doesn't mean that their dads love them any less. And some "fun" dads are just that and not good dads in any other ways, but I don't think that Ben is part of that group either. This just seems like another example of Jessa and Ben winning the parenting competition and of course, Jill and Derick, once again, are failing miserably by comparison.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived