IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

157f5915996f471a12b10cd3e2f2062d.png
Henry's 7 months old (He was a while ago) and that family picture is Jessa's new profile picture on Instagram.

Henry is such an old baby, and I love it. That baby is already ready to give lectures on how HE made it thru school debt free (so why can't you?) while casually ignoring the fact that homeschooling is different than an accredited university education. 

I hope some day we get some photos of him and fellow old baby and dump truck conservative Phillip Waller. 

I love that old man baby face! Somehow I can already see Henry and Davia Waller sitting in rocking chairs together, reminiscing about the good ol' days and yelling at kids to get off their lawn. 

On the topic of the new family picture. Jessa and Henry are colour coordinated. As for whether it's from a pregnancy announcement shoot, I'm not sure. The timing is right, and Jessa isn't holding her chunky baby son, however I feel as though she would be wearing a tighter shirt and sticking her belly out more if she were with child. Plus I'm not noticing any other signs of pregnancy (ie puffy face, bigger boobs- her hair looks great, but it usually does).

I love Henry's model pose and big smile in the pack n play pic.

I think that guessing if a Duggar is pregnant, is a bit like the tabloids and Princess Kate. Sooner or later, it will happen. Though I doubt that Kate's going for double digits.

I'm surprised Catherine is having a third to be honest. I've had two hyperemesis pregnancies and the thought of going through it again makes me feel a lot of dread. No amount of money or help in the world makes a difference when your body turns on you like that. It's hell. 

So am I, I didn't think she'd touch another pregnancy with a 10 foot poll. She must really want a bunch of kids. 

I still can't get over how much Princess Charlotte looks like the Queen. It's hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Where are they getting these photos?

According to the caption it was from Laura's story on instagram. 

@SuffolkNWhat and @HarleyQuinn - I am not too terribly surprised.  Catherine is one of three.  My mother wanted three, she was one of three; unfortunatley my father's imminent demise held her back at two.

Edited to add:  It not as though they are pressed for money or house space.

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So am I, I didn't think she'd touch another pregnancy with a 10 foot poll. She must really want a bunch of kids. 

I still can't get over how much Princess Charlotte looks like the Queen. It's hilarious. 

Oh my goodness she does! She's like a little clone.

4 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Edited to add:  It not as though they are pressed for money or house space.

But that's my point. Even if I was in her position (and we are comfortably well off enough to have more if we wished) regards money etc nothing would induce me to go through pregnancy again having had HG twice. I was suicidal at one point with it, it's a horrific condition so I'm in awe that she's doing it again, I just hope her doctors get her on the right anti-emetics straight away to reduce the vomiting to a level she can cope with (on the right tablets I went from vomiting 40-50 times to around 20 times a day)

Dear Rufus, vommiting 50x a day....*shudders* You are some amazing women for toughing that out! 

I always wonder how fundies would approach debilitating conditions that affect pregnancy. It would be more helpful to their cause to be honest about managing their condiitions than pretending every one of them has radiant, glowing pregnancies. Imagine 19 HG pregnancies?! I doubt that would happen somehow; there would likely be creative workarounds to having a bazillion kids.

On September 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM, SuffolkNWhat said:

I'm surprised Catherine is having a third to be honest. I've had two hyperemesis pregnancies and the thought of going through it again makes me feel a lot of dread. No amount of money or help in the world makes a difference when your body turns on you like that. It's hell. 

I had one HG pregnancy and it was pure hell.  This was 25 years ago, so there was NO medication (at least according to my ob/gyne) I could take safely except for over-the-counter Emetrol, which I threw up anyway.  I wound up in the hospital multiple times needing IV fluids.  I did go on to have two more children and did not have HG with either of those pregnancies, thankfully.  Are there meds that they can safely give for this now?  (I'm SO OLD!!!)  

15 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

This was 25 years ago, so there was NO medication (at least according to my ob/gyne) I could take safely except for over-the-counter Emetrol, which I threw up anyway.  I wound up in the hospital multiple times needing IV fluids.  

Are you me? Dear god - HG was awful. I had one additional pregnancy with HG, which ended in miscarriage (along with others that also ended in miscarriage without HG). I ruptured blood vessels in my eyes, cheeks, neck, and chest from the violent vomiting. And I found out that Doritos are probably the worst thing to have eaten prior to upchucking...

I still remember the taste of Emetrol (it triggers my gag reflex just typing the word).

24 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

I had one HG pregnancy and it was pure hell.  This was 25 years ago, so there was NO medication (at least according to my ob/gyne) I could take safely except for over-the-counter Emetrol, which I threw up anyway.  I wound up in the hospital multiple times needing IV fluids.  I did go on to have two more children and did not have HG with either of those pregnancies, thankfully.  Are there meds that they can safely give for this now?  (I'm SO OLD!!!)  

There are medications for morning sickness now. I was in Diclegis due to excessive vomiting my first trimester last year - at least once every hour, so nowhere near as bad as HG. I would think that (and other medications) would be fine for HG treatment, but it likely depends on the woman and how her body responds.

Women who experience HG are ridiculously tough. I hope they figure out what exactly causes it and find a treatment that helps even the worst cases.

Give you all the props who suffered through that. I guess that's why I was shocked when Princess Kate announced she was pregnant cause I remembered how bad it was for her. Like you're already growing a human and then hormones and whatnot cause you to puke even more :(

Anyone who has hyperemesis is a rockstar for enduring that. I bow down to anyone who endures that.  I just had regular run-of-the-mill nausea and vomited a few times so far and it was about the worst 8 weeks of my life. I have had three days of no nausea and I'm practically back to myself so I'm excited for my second trimester. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived