IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love her high chair - mine is an easy clean plastic monstrosity, but it will be gone within a year. If I was planning on having a high chair in the house for the next 20 years I’d want a pretty one like hers.

I don't mind her style, although it certainly isn't mine. However, I do think it's kind of sad that all the presents are in brown paper bags/what looks like packing paper just to match the color scheme of the room. If I had small kids in the house, I would want to wrap presents in fun, colorful wrapping paper.

42 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I don't mind her style, although it certainly isn't mine. However, I do think it's kind of sad that all the presents are in brown paper bags/what looks like packing paper just to match the color scheme of the room. If I had small kids in the house, I would want to wrap presents in fun, colorful wrapping paper.

I want colourful wrapping paper and I'm not a kid! I thought that was quite different as well, I know that they don't truly care about it but...still! 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I want colourful wrapping paper and I'm not a kid! I thought that was quite different as well, I know that they don't truly care about it but...still! 

Wrapping presents in butcher paper and butcher paper bags is a very "in" Pinterest-y type thing to do. But I've always seen it done with very colorful ribbon and decorative accents like bells or evergreens. I agree; I'd want more colorful presents.

Maybe those are the presents for the adults and they're waiting to pull out the kids' presents on Christmas Eve?

I like the muted colors. That could just be that I get easily overstimulated and I want a calmer environment. What I absolutely cannot stand is when people paint high quality wood furniture. Fake particle board is one thing, but besides durability, the aesthetics of wood are part of what you pay for. To me, wood is timeless and painting it is just trendy.

I also have a feeling that the market for "rustic chic" furniture is becoming saturated.

10 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Looking through these, I feel like Erin definitely keeps a nice home. I know that rustic chic isn’t for everyone, but I love that style. However, while I think her home is pretty, I feel like it’s a bit cold. Maybe it’s the monocramatic palette... I don’t know. It looks very pretty, just cold. 

It does not look like a home where young children live in. My son would be terrified to bring my year and a half year old into that room. What would he go for first. The tree? The presents? The bible? The snowman? The bird?

I used to get the girls to paint or print on butchers paper, outside on a nice day.

Made lots of 'art' that was then used as wrapping paper for presents.

Win/win

For me is just too much all matchy and pale colors, i'm use to have rich color in my room and more soft color in common room in my house 

When my kids were little and we were BROKE,I went to the newspaper office and got the end blank rolls left over from the press.  The kids colored it with Christmas colors and I did their hand and foot prints in red and green. Then tied yarn bows on all them.  It was fun, festive and cheap. And cheerful.  The plain wrapping seems depressing. 

Eh Erin's decorating doesn't bother me in the least. Then again DH and I are pretty traditional in that sense. We mostly prefer matching pieces in a coastal living style, with maybe an accent chair here and there. The flip side is my stepmom is very into the shabby-chic look with all sorts of mix-match pieces in her house. It works for them, just not my style. Likewise DH and I also prefer a pretty tree with a "theme". Growing up we always had two trees at my house, the tree in the formal living room that was nicely decorated, and the tree in the den that we kids did and covered with colored lights and all our random ornaments.

Erin's decor definitely isn't my style, but I think she does a nice job with it. And my own decor is a hot mess right now, so I wouldn't be judging her even if I thought hers was. :pb_lol:

I think the trend is now shifting towards more warm and rich colors (think "Home alone 1": I think a lot of poeple would decorate their home that way too nowadays.

And sorry, but I could not resist:

Everytime I see screenshots of her Instagram, I read it as “chad epinephrine”.

jer style isn’t mine but she does a nice job. And while I’m sure her house is neater than mine, it can’t always look like no kids love there. I’m sure she fancied it up for photos.  And that’s ok w me.  

I’ve never cared for their home decor style but it’s not my house. One thing that bothers me about their house is how cluttered it is. There are picture frames, painted decor pieces, candles, and other miscellaneous things everywhere in that tiny house. It’s overwhelming just from pictures and BUB episodes, I can’t imagine actually visiting. I have a friend with similar style and walking into her house is instantly overwhelming, I can’t relax while I’m there because it’s sensory overload. 

I try to picture all that stuff, a couple adults, 3 kids, and some pets in that house. Wowza. 

I am mixed on Erin's decor style. It's sometimes on trend with the shabby chic, farmhouse trend but it's just turned up to eleven. Everything is a little too sweet and kind of old lady-isn. However, I think Chad is hella good at repurposing things and he does a great job on delivering what Erin wants style wise. My biggest problem with that photo of the piano is those frames with ALL filled with different versions of the SAME photo. There are literally seven of almost the exact same photo. It is making me crazy. (Also I hate photo frame, collage walls. But that's just me.)

I am more into the minimalist trend that is current, myself.

I think her piano looks pretty though! 

@Carm_88 Buy one, get one free! "You get an Erin CD, YOU get an Erin CD, YOU GET AN ERIN CD." *Fundies doing the Oprah at their holiday Christmas party.*

I can't handle the empty photo frames waiting to be filled. Leave them off the wall till you have the picture!

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I can't handle the empty photo frames waiting to be filled. Leave them off the wall till you have the picture!

That is on purpose. It’s very Pinterest-y.  

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

On 11/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, JillyO said:

They may not be real presents. She could just put them out as decoration under the tree and reuse them every year. It's a bit early to have shopping AND wrapping done (although definitely not impossible :happy:)

On 11/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, JillyO said:

My mom and sister-in-law both have fake Christmas "presents" to put under their trees to kind of fill it up before putting actual presents there close to the holidays. The fake ones are all dark green, dark red, or muted brown. Looking at Erin's tree I just assumed those wrapped "presents" are something similar, especially considering her dedication to matching interior decor.

I think Erin's home is decorated beautifully however I would not want to live in it. I always wonder how houses that are decorated so elaborately like this function on a day to day basis. I have two pillows and a blanket that are meant to be on the couch but I find them on the floor daily thanks to the husband and the dog. I can never understand what people do when the whole couch or chair is covered in decorative pillows- it would drive me crazy. 

5 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

They may not be real presents. She could just put them out as decoration under the tree and reuse them every year. It's a bit early to have shopping AND wrapping done (although definitely not impossible :happy:)

We have all our daughter's birthday and Christmas presents wrapped under the tree already. Little stinker took us by surprise by being born before Christmas last year and we had to scramble to find stuff to give her as gifts last minute. I decided that wasn’t happening again this year. :pb_lol:

(No one in our immediate families has a December birthday other than Velocibaby. So I find it so weird that we have gifts wrapped in birthday paper under the tree this year.)

5 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Her home is very much a 26 year old’s. It’s very young. It is also very well done on a budget. Good for her. 

Please don’t come over and see my almost 28 years old home with some mismatched hand me down furniture and plastic put-it-together-yourself bookshelf :giggle:  Maybe it’s easier to put together a nicer home without mounds of student loans :pb_lol:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived