IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

Actually, Anna has a slightly lower v-neckline while the other girls have a higher scoop/jewel neckline. Apart from that, the dresses look very similar from the waist up.

JB also wore a blue suit and was not in the wedding party so the jury is out. Though, with 12 groomsmen, it's very possible Josh could be in there. 

Edited to say I see a slight difference in Lace pattern between Anna's and the other girls' dresses (but I could be wrong. Camera quality isn't the best)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's so many great names I used to worry if I ever had kids they'd end up with ten names each because I couldn't decide (before I picked my three) I love a lot of the popular ones now Brooklyn, Madison, Mason, Avery, Liam and Aiden. I love classic names like Sophia, Charlotte, Alexander, Robert and Elizabeth. Names that are now considered "old" Edith, Opal, Theodore, Constance and Evangeline. I love some of the Biblical names Andrew, Hannah, Leah, Jonah, Matthew, Gideon and Gabriel. Anastasia, Tatiana, Isabella, Giovanna, Bianca and Antonia. There's so many great names out there. In my family tree I picked one of my grandmother's names as my favorite and one I'd name my daughter. But there's others like Alice and Nora I really like too. 

21 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

well i doubt they'll use anything similar to "Mary" or "Magdalene" bc ebil catholics....lol but yes you are right there are TONS of M names for girls. My pics for a future (unfortunate....) M-girl are Mariah or Mallory.

... you realize that Jim Bob's mother is named Mary, right? And that Jana's middle name is Marie?

14 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Actually, Anna has a slightly lower v-neckline while the other girls have a higher scoop/jewel neckline. Apart from that, the dresses look very similar from the waist up.

Edited to say I see a slight difference in Lace pattern between Anna's and the other girls' dresses (but I could be wrong. Camera quality isn't the best)

I wonder if this is because the other dress style wouldn't work for a heavily pregnant Anna, so they put her in a different dress with a similar color and style. Kind of like Joy did with Jill's MOH dress.

I hope if Anna was a bridesmaid that she at least got to wear comfortable shoes or that the menfolk did not spend too much time expounding about Jeebus during the ceremony.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

... you realize that Jim Bob's mother is named Mary, right? And that Jana's middle name is Marie?

ohhh I forgot about Jana Marie! I swear that and Nicole were *the* female middle names of the early-90s lol. 

grandma duggar is Mary, yeah.....but she was also not likely named by a fundie xD. I suppose it would come down to whether they'd rather name their kid after her great-grandparent or follow their own "theology" haha.

9 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

ohhh I forgot about Jana Marie! I swear that and Nicole were *the* female middle names of the early-90s lol. 

grandma duggar is Mary, yeah.....but she was also not likely named by a fundie xD. I suppose it would come down to whether they'd rather name their kid after her great-grandparent or follow their own "theology" haha.

When I was at school, everyone's middle name was Elizabeth, Louise or Jane.  I graduated in 2011, so we were mid 90s babies.

19 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

When I was at school, everyone's middle name was Elizabeth, Louise or Jane.  I graduated in 2011, so we were mid 90s babies.

^haha, we are the same year! where are you from? I knew of a few ____ Elizabeths, no Louises or Janes though, maybe I didn't pay enough attention. When I was in 8th grade there were 6 Kaitlyns (or variations) and 3 of those had Nicole and 2 Marie --- it was *the* name combo of tween basic white girls lol. 

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

There's so many great names I used to worry if I ever had kids they'd end up with ten names each because I couldn't decide (before I picked my three) I love a lot of the popular ones now Brooklyn, Madison, Mason, Avery, Liam and Aiden. I love classic names like Sophia, Charlotte, Alexander, Robert and Elizabeth. Names that are now considered "old" Edith, Opal, Theodore, Constance and Evangeline. I love some of the Biblical names Andrew, Hannah, Leah, Jonah, Matthew, Gideon and Gabriel. Anastasia, Tatiana, Isabella, Giovanna, Bianca and Antonia. There's so many great names out there. In my family tree I picked one of my grandmother's names as my favorite and one I'd name my daughter. But there's others like Alice and Nora I really like too. 

I am the same exact way! That's partly why I play the Sims, to use up all my baby names. 

So, still pregnant? I'm thinking not since they filmed from the belly up. 

Perhaps that was one of the surprises at JoKen's wedding. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

So, still pregnant? I'm thinking not since they filmed from the belly up. 

Perhaps that was one of the surprises at JoKen's wedding. 

A friend of theirs who attended the wedding said on IG that Anna is still pregnant, but due any day.

Maybe the surprise was that she's still pregnant lol.

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Until recently, variations on Mary were the most popular and common female names in Europe and the Americas. Even today, Mary is the most common female name in the US:

https://names.mongabay.com/female_names.htm

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/decades/century.html

The second link indicates that James and John are the two most popular male names, both also very traditional and Biblical. For all the attention paid to "trendy" and "kreatif" names, most people have rather boring and commonplace names.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, Gobsmacked said:

The new forth road bridge. Daddy bridge is the older railway bridge. Mummy bridge is the newer (1960s) road bridge. Kevin is the brand new bridge. (named with the comedian Kevin Bridges in mind!!! Edinburgh sense of humour!!)

I'm in Edinburgh right now. I may need to go find this Kevin bridge. Lol

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Posted this on the JoKen thread but then I realized it maybe belongs here? Josh and Anna have a public congrats video.

Hide contents

Cant wait to have another girl in the family? They really dont have much in their lives do they. Josh appears very much the alpha male here, back to the pre scandal hierarchy. 

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

^haha, we are the same year! where are you from? I knew of a few ____ Elizabeths, no Louises or Janes though, maybe I didn't pay enough attention. When I was in 8th grade there were 6 Kaitlyns (or variations) and 3 of those had Nicole and 2 Marie --- it was *the* name combo of tween basic white girls lol. 

I'm from Sydney, Australia!

We didn't have any Nicole's or Kaitlyn's, but there was 6 guys I  my grade named Daniel (Our grade was only 80 people), and plenty of the stock standard top 90s names.

18 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

I agree that Anna will never leave. She is going to heaven.

I absolutely think Josh used/would use birth control with a mistress. He has strayed that far...

And my bet is on Matthew for M5. Only Mackynzie has a unique name. I was really surprised by them going with Meredith b/c I thought they'd pick super girly/cute girl names.

O my goodness, I just realized all their children have traditional boys names. Spelling off for Mac but still.... 

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Ugh. Josh in that video. You can put a turd in a suit, but it's still a turd.

And did he REALLY just say at the end of the video that he was getting another sister...? From anyone else it would be a lovely sentiment.... from Josh, it's horrific.

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm from Sydney, Australia!

We didn't have any Nicole's or Kaitlyn's, but there was 6 guys I  my grade named Daniel (Our grade was only 80 people), and plenty of the stock standard top 90s names.

LOL- I'm in the US.

My kids: daughter, born in 1987 is Caitlin Elizabeth. Son, born in 1990, Daniel...one of 3 in his elementary class of 30.

Apparently Elizabeth and Louise are the most popular middle names amongst girls of my age in the U.K. My middle name is neither of those. I'm named after a great-grandmother. (Actually two of them had the same name, but specifically named after one). 

Wolf boy's name was 13th most popular for his decade, and Wolf Girl's was 9th. Wolf Boy had someone else on the sub with his name when he was a junior officer, so the captain renamed him Steve. Since he was very junior, he didn't complain. Now they call him Mr. Wolf Boy.

1 hour ago, ElToro said:

And did he REALLY just say at the end of the video that he was getting another sister...? From anyone else it would be a lovely sentiment.... from Josh, it's horrific.

I can't bring myself to watch the video, but good lord, Josh, never talk again.

When I was in school, every class that I was in had at least one Jennifer (most had two, once I was in class with four Jennifer's) and one or more (on average two per class) Brian's or Michael's.  

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

When I was in school, every class that I was in had at least one Jennifer (most had two, once I was in class with four Jennifer's) and one or more (on average two per class) Brian's or Michael's.  

My sister had a ton of Michael's in her elementary school grade. One year their was 5 in one class. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived