IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

My first grade class of 20 back in 1960 had three James and two Thomases.  Most of the girls had Mary, Marie or Ann for their middle names, in one case there was a Mary Ann.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my Great Grandmothers was named Adelaide. I have grown to love that name, but since I am 65...

we chose 3 very traditional names for the Berries... Elisabeth, Rebecca and James. Son was named after both grandfathers, the girls. well we just loved the names.

I had one of the real common 1950's names and had 4 Sharon's and 3 Linda's in my class in  3rd grade and was one of 4 with my name!!! You couldn't swing a cat without hitting a Linda, Deborah, Sharon, Kathy or Patricia... I HATE all those names  LOLOL

I also have a common 90's girl name. In middle school I remember I had a class with four of us having the same name. Iirc, between the four of us there were three different spelling variations Mine is spelled the traditional way.

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Apparently Elizabeth and Louise are the most popular middle names amongst girls of my age in the U.K. My middle name is neither of those. I'm named after a great-grandmother. (Actually two of them had the same name, but specifically named after one). 

My daughter (1987), Caitlin Elizabeth is named for 2 grandmothers. Catherine and Elizabeth.

2 hours ago, crazysnark said:

Anna looks totally infatuated with Josh in that congrats video....

She is at Michelle level Eyes of Adoration!  

@mango_fandango, two of my daughters have Elizabeth and Louisa as middle names with the daughter middle named Elizabeth in her mid-30s and Louisa 25.  They do have a British grandmother though.  

It's funny because my husband used to tell me that he didn't want to use any family names except that the names he had picked out for girls were almost 100% names of females in his family.  Two of our daughters have names from his family as middle names.  We did use Katherine as the name of our premie daughter because I wanted her to have a strong name.  She's named both after my grandma Kate and Katharine Hepburn, both of whom were strong women.

16 hours ago, Berta McGee said:

Cant wait to have another girl in the family? They really dont have much in their lives do they. Josh appears very much the alpha male here, back to the pre scandal hierarchy. 

Watch the end of that video....just the last few seconds, where Anna's face changes looking at him.....that right there is the true expression!!!!

20 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

So. Will this be Anna's biggest baby so far? How big were her other kids when they were born? 

IIRC, Mack was 8 lbs, the boys 9+ lbs and Meredith just under 8 lbs.

On 9/10/2017 at 6:42 AM, FluffySnowball said:

In Germany, it's considered to be the worst of the worst. Not the sound of it, I think... but the idea is that Kevins are loud, low class, unintelligent kids... sad actually, it's a nice name. 

I had no idea!  We actually have a (very uncommon) German last name (dh has a small amount of German ancestry) - somehow I feel like that makes matters worse now, lol.

We have noticed over the years that seemingly every random, quirky character in shows/movies is named Kevin, to the point where it's running joke in my family.

14 hours ago, Jana814 said:

In my class their were 2 guys named Robert. However, 1 of them we always called Bobby. I ever knew that Bobby was the nickname for Robert. 

My father is Robert, and so are my brother and my nephew. I remember being at my great grandmother's house one day, when she said, "Go get Bobby." So I went to find my brother.. you know, Bobby.

She meant my father. I still laugh at the thought of her calling my "old" dad Bobby. 

16 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm in Edinburgh right now. I may need to go find this Kevin bridge. Lol

Take a trip to South Queens ferry. There is an Inn there where you can sit with a scone and cup of tea. Splendid views. 

Anna always had that awfully awkward veneration type smile when looking at Josh. I see that it's back in full force, so gross.

I wonder how tight a leash they keep on him.

46 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Anna always had that awfully awkward veneration type smile when looking at Josh. I see that it's back in full force, so gross.

I wonder how tight a leash they keep on him.

I wonder that, too. Also, I wonder on how tight a leash they keep Anna. Having to sleep in the girls bedroom and appearing to have been under constant supervision when the scandal broke is insane. She's a grown woman after all... Also, Meredith was a newborn when her father's cheating came out. How could Anna sleep with her and the little girls? Didn't a crying baby disrupt the kids' sleep and unnerve poor Anna?

another thought: I'm not a psychologist, but I could imagine that for a baby to be born into this amount of mess, sadness and desperation, the situation might potentially leave marks in the sense that it could be emotionally scarring. Meredith didn't experience stability and happiness in the people closest to her when she was very small. I feel for her and the other M-kids and hope I'm wrong!

Ugh. I braced myself and watched the video. After all this time I still can't look at him without wanting to vomit. I see Anna has the adoring stare down pat, almost to creeepy and stalkerish level. 

18 hours ago, Berta McGee said:

Cant wait to have another girl in the family? They really dont have much in their lives do they. Josh appears very much the alpha male here, back to the pre scandal hierarchy. 

Hide your kids hide your wives!  Josh is back!  I think that all of the women in the family do that creepy stare.  I wonder what that's about.  I was raised to be an "empty vessel" so that God and my husband could fill me up.  I wonder if the stare is some extension of that thinking.

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

... you realize that Jim Bob's mother is named Mary, right? And that Jana's middle name is Marie?

HA! Do Jill and Derick realize this?

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

...Do Jill and Derick realize that Grandma Mary's name is Mary and Jana's middle name is Marie? I'm going to go ahead and guess yes!

Just now, singsingsing said:

...Do Jill and Derick realize that Grandma Mary's name is Mary and Jana's middle name is Marie? I'm going to go ahead and guess yes!

I was just injecting a bit of levity here, given their adventures in converting Catholics in Scary America. My question was not meant to be taken literally or seriously.

Just now, SilverBeach said:

I was just injecting a bit of levity here, given their adventures in converting Catholics in Scary America. My question was not meant to be taken literally or seriously.

I know, I thought it was hilarious! Sorry if that didn't come across! :) 

16 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

;) Derick has probably changed their names in his own head. To make himself feel better! 

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I wonder that, too. Also, I wonder on how tight a leash they keep Anna.

Based on her adoring gazing at her douche of a husband, my guess is no leash needed.

24 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Based on her adoring gazing at her douche of a husband, my guess is no leash needed.

The Stockholm syndrome is strong in this one 

49 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Personally, I'm more interested in knowing whether Jeremy realizes it. :pb_lol:

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived