IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Where? I have not heard this.

The new forth road bridge. Daddy bridge is the older railway bridge. Mummy bridge is the newer (1960s) road bridge. Kevin is the brand new bridge. (named with the comedian Kevin Bridges in mind!!! Edinburgh sense of humour!!)

Yesterday I subbed in a class of 6 year olds. The one name that bothered me was a little girl called Cosa. All I could think of was who would name a child "Thing"? 

"I've read that Kevin is considered to be a trashy name outside of English-speaking countries, I think because it reeks of choosing a name from a Hollywood movie (i.e. The Home Alone franchise)."

@Cleopatra7, that's really interesting - I've never heard that before!  I have a Kevin, and after we had him I started noticing a lot of Asian (-American) boys named Kevin (we live in NY).

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

What would happen if (when) Josh strays again he gets a girl pregnant?

I see Josh as one of those guys who is "pro-life" in public, but would still try to force his mistress to get an abortion.

51 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I think Josh will cheat again. He might be a little more careful and not get caught. 

If you think about it, the only reason he "got caught" last time was because of the hacking of Ashley Madison. So either he's super good at sneaking around, or Anna's just totally clueless, or both.

(Or maybe she was like I was for several years-- suspicious, but without "hard evidence" to bring to anyone... or anyone to bring it to who wouldn't just say "if he's seeing someone else you better just up your game, girl, and win him back!")

22 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Oh, regarding dated names, does anyone else watch Kimmy Schmidt? There was a storyline on the recent season where a guy Titus is dating has a baby named Linda.

Hide contents

Haha, yes!  I have a friend who named her daughter Linda, and I had pretty much the same reaction.

27 minutes ago, formerpastorswife said:

If you think about it, the only reason he "got caught" last time was because of the hacking of Ashley Madison. So either he's super good at sneaking around, or Anna's just totally clueless, or both.

Good point that is the only reason why he was taught because of the hack. I think Anna is just totally clueless. 

I actually think Linda would be a cute name for a baby. I wonder if it'll make a comeback in like 10-20 years. Trust me, if you'd asked people 20 years ago if they thought names like Audrey or Stella were ever going to be popular they would've said, "Hell no!"

@singsingsing I really wanted to call our latest cat Stella.

Mainly so MrCoveredInBees would have to scream STELLA!!!!!!! out of the back door every night. :pb_biggrin:

Alas it was vetoed ;) 

Or maybe Anna knew and just accepted Josh's dalliances as every good fundie wife should. 

We don't know. Maybe getting caught up in the Ashley Madison made it all public and Anna had no choice but to face it. 

4 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I think Josh will cheat again. He might be a little more careful and not get caught. 

True... but then, how sure can you be it doesn't come out? Even if the media doesn't get to know about it, there might be rumors in his circle of friends and family. 

He's messed up big time and I don't mean to defend his actions in any way, but a little part of me also feels sorry for him. It's probably more common to feel sorry for the girls and women born into this cult and forget that pressure can be tough for boys and me as well. In a different environment, Josh might have gone to college, made the sexual experiences he was interested in without a wife waiting for him at home or parents who think that his sexuality is their business...

@PennySycamore,  yup, the avatar is from the Pippi movie. Which I will admit that I have only seen a few clips of on Youtube(I think it might have been dubbed into English as it was rather odd,) but I loved the booKS as a child.

I bet Anna didn't not know. She probably double thought herself through some heavy dissonance throughout her pre-AM scandal marriage years.

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

The new forth road bridge. Daddy bridge is the older railway bridge. Mummy bridge is the newer (1960s) road bridge. Kevin is the brand new bridge. (named with the comedian Kevin Bridges in mind!!! Edinburgh sense of humour!!)

That is brilliant, I knew the bridge had opened but didn't realise they had nick named it Kevin. I do love Kevin Bridges.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I actually think Linda would be a cute name for a baby. I wonder if it'll make a comeback in like 10-20 years. Trust me, if you'd asked people 20 years ago if they thought names like Audrey or Stella were ever going to be popular they would've said, "Hell no!"

My daughter, who is 20 now, had a group of friends in high school that included one Michelle and 2 Lisas.  Which of course were the popular names when I was in high school 30 years earlier, and overall don't seem to be very popular with the current young people.  

43 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

My daughter, who is 20 now, had a group of friends in high school that included one Michelle and 2 Lisas.  Which of course were the popular names when I was in high school 30 years earlier, and overall don't seem to be very popular with the current young people.  

I'm around your daughters age, and I can think of at least 5 Michelles in my high school class of 800. I only know one Lisa, and she was the grade above me. 

I find baby name trends so fascinating. I'm actually kind of upset because baby names I really like are super popular now. My name is a top ten 90s name, but it's not super overdone like Lauren. There are three girls on my dorm floor now with my name, but last year I didn't run into anyone with it. It has a million different spellings, which is kind of annoying. I use the most popular one, but even still the place I've worked the past two summers spelled it wrong on everything. Last year they even put a different name on my paycheck! (Like putting Isabelle instead of Isabella)

There's also two ways to pronounce my first name. Everyone I meet asks me which pronounciation I use, but I could care less which one I'm called. Other people with my name tend to really get offended if they're called the other one, but even in my extended family I get different pronounciations. 

57 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

My daughter is mid 20's. She showed me something in her phone the other day, she has about 25 Taylors in there. Male and female. I remember when she started kindergarten, there were little Taylors running all around.

I don't think Anna knew. Especially while they were in DC. Going in early, leaving later because of Metro/traffic, meetings because her husband was now a super speshul almost-politician....

Anna has always seemed super naive to me, even from the beginning. What Smuggar did to her was probably something she didn't even realize existed as sheltered as she was raised. 

I think her total devastation - as evident by that TV interview - shows how little she knew and how hard it hit her. 

58 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I find baby name trends so fascinating. I'm actually kind of upset because baby names I really like are super popular now.

Haha I'm the same. Every year when social security puts out the top 1000 baby names list for the previous year I check to see if my daughter's name has changed rank at all. Right now it's ranked in the 90s which is fine by me! My husband and I have a girl and boy name picked out for baby #2 and I've checked those names too, hoping they don't jump up in popularity. They're both in the 100s.

I was looking at @belleberrycottage intagram, and she said commented to people no new courtships and M5 isn't here yet, but due any day

(@Carm_88 am I allowed to put the instagram name? I'm not sure, but it's not a private account)

42 minutes ago, JPickleDuggar said:

I was looking at  a Duggar's friends intagram, and she said commented to people no new courtships and M5 isn't here yet, but due any day

(@Carm_88 am I allowed to put the instagram name? I'm not sure, but it's not a private account)

Yep! As long as its not private, its all good! :) 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived