IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

The main gene for baldness/hairline is on the X chromosome, which boys get from their mother. A woman gets an X from both her mother and father, though, so she could pass down either one to her son, so the gene a boy gets for baldness could come from his mother's father or his mother's mother's father. It's also somewhat complicated by the crossing over that occurs between chromosomes in meiosis I, so the X that a woman passes on could be mostly from her mother with some genes that crossed over from the X from her father. In addition, the gene on the X chromosome isn't the only one that affects a man's hairline, so he could get some genes directly from his father.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I wonder if Joe wanted to use the name for his own son one day and if Josh asked for approval first on using the name.

Pretty sure Josh doesn't ask for permission or approval to do anything...

Spoiler

josh-duggar-anna-duggar-family-bugged-a5

The M Kids are super cute. I like that Meredith is just wearing leggings. No skirt at all. ;) 

I know @HarleyQuinnshared it already, but I about died laughing when I read the caption this random person put on the Pecan Thief collage:

Spoiler

Little Mason is adorable and I like his name. Hopefully his father mans up and actually starts doing right by his family. I'm not holding my breath though... at least his mom seems halfway competent.

26 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Pretty sure Josh doesn't ask for permission or approval to do anything...

Nor do I think he should have had to, in this case.  No one owns or has dibs on a name, especially a family name and doubly so for a name that is in both cases only a middle name.  Name your kid what you want.   People in families share names all the time and middle names even more frequently.  It's not a big deal. 

Garrett was Josh's grandfather as much as Joe's, and being older, maybe Josh had more of a relationship with him.  I'd tell my brother to fuck right off if he tried to tell me I needed his "approval" to name my child after my grandfather just because he carries the name as a middle name and I don't.  

@Georgiana I actually don't think Josh needs to ask permission for using a name either. I was trying to be funny. Apparently not successfully. :my_confused:

Michael has gotten super adorable! I feel like some kids are cute babies and then lose some of it when they get older, but the Ms are kind of the reverse -- average looking babies and toddlers who grow into really cute kids.

Just now, nausicaa said:

@Georgiana I actually don't think Josh needs to ask permission for using a name either. I was trying to be funny. Apparently not successfully. :my_confused:

Oh no!  I agree with your sentiment!  I don't think he ever considers his siblings or how his actions impact anyone but himself.

I was more responding to the suggestion from the previous poster that Josh should have asked.  He wouldn't have, even if he should have, of course.  But we can't really fault the guy for NOT asking when really he didn't need to.  

I found the US Mag story on Mason's birth interesting. There was ZERO mention of Josh's infidelities or molestation scandal. Just a short snippet on Josh and Anna's love story (their meeting and then marriage). First article I've seen recently about this family that hasn't mentioned at least one of the scandals. Sounds like an attempt at re-branding to me.

Did US Magazine disable the comments on that article? Because I've got things to say and I don't see the option. :pb_lol: 

2 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Ugh. Getting locked in an "escape room" with Josh would be like a nightmare come true. Talk about an incentive to escape!

Spoiler

tumblr_ow75ojlE0C1tl94kio1_1280.jpg.5417c63f4cbfa2e3dd0608ecef5be365.jpg

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Maybe it's recent, and if so there's been very little change to that skating rink, but it looks a lot like something from years ago.

We only have one roller skating rink left in my area and it looks straight out of the 1980s. I don't think it's profitable enough for the owners to bother with any large changes. No idea if things are the same in NWA.

Yup I saw Michelle fly by Josie and I gotta admit I'm impressed. She's not that much older than me and I cannot skate that fast anymore! 

Roller rinks do not change. I saw a video a friend from my hometown posted of her kids skating at the roller rink I hung out at in the mid 80's. It looks exactly the same. Except for more water stains on the ceiling. 

7 hours ago, Irishy said:

Lovely name. Garret is an Irish name. Very popular among my generation, it's the Irish language version of Gareth and similar. Makes sense, as Michelle's father had an Irish surname too. Ruark which was originally O'Rourke (v common in Ireland) but changed for ease as is common with immigrants. 

Well by gosh and by gora, she's really just doing the old Roman Catholic thing not using birth control.   Who would have guessed!

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Poor kid, I'd probably make that face too if Josh were that close to me.

Hide contents

anna-josh-duggar-baby-1-682a7366-802f-45

I was trying to find the picture of Josh and Anna drinking out of the same milkshake at chik fil a to protest gay rights but I cant seem to find it.  I swear, its the exact same pic only with a baybee.

Why the hell does Smuggums get a photo spread but Jillymuffin didnt?  Seems kind of odd that a child molester is A-OK but a self righteous fake missionary isnt... 

Well, the US Weekly article does answer the birth location question, Anna was at home with a midwife. So no birthing center or hospital for her with this baby. But Michelle and Anna's mom were apparently there. Hopefully the midwife was properly licensed and not just Jill. And going into labor on Sunday means she was REALLY ready to pop at J&K's wedding Friday night. I wonder if she was overdue (at over 9 lbs I assume she wasn't early) or they really did schedule the wedding that close to her due date.

2 hours ago, kacarlton said:

Apparently it's Michelle's birthday so they posted a picture of her skating to YMCA. I'm pretty sure that breaks about 43 rules. I feel like it's the end of times.

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/

I remember watching an episode of 19K&Counting where they went to the roller rink for a birthday party. Michelle said she loved to skate & was actually really good at skating. I'm sure Boob made some comment about "Momma was a good skater...." so sad her own children never had the chance to go hang out at the rink with their friends. They probably only go for their private birthday party where they play Christian music. 

1 hour ago, GnomeCat said:

I can't believe Merideth's "crotch" was allowed to be shown in the family picture.  Her dress was hiked up over her leggings.  NIKE!!

Mason is a nice name, not one I'd ever use as it is associated with the Masonic Lodge here in Scotland, at least they didn't call him Masyn. I wonder if they regret spelling Mackynzie's name the way they did. 

Congratulations Josh and Anna and to the other M kids, hope his dad doesn't screw anything up.

7 minutes ago, divadivine said:

so sad her own children never had the chance to go hang out at the rink with their friends. They probably only go for their private birthday party where they play Christian music. 

On the earlier specials they were seen ice skating at a public rink with the Holt family and they played Broomball with kids from different backgrounds. They still didn't mix with people as often as they should have though.

11 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I remember watching an episode of 19K&Counting where they went to the roller rink for a birthday party. 

I'm pretty sure this video is from that episode. I remember Amy and Jinger(?) not wanting to skate and sitting on the benches with Grandma Mary.

I have to say this... The M-kids are adorable... Kenzie is beautiful, Michael and Marcus are so cute and Meri is always happy... Welcome Mason... 

And I really hope for the love of this children Josh doesn't screw everything again... 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived