IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 14: Another arrow for the quiver

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I missed the post - what was it?

A picture of Mason with his stats displayed all creatively (they wrote down his weight and attached it to an actual weight, used a real clock to display time of birth, etc.), as well as a collage of each of his siblings holding him.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely name. Garret is an Irish name. Very popular among my generation, it's the Irish language version of Gareth and similar. Makes sense, as Michelle's father had an Irish surname too. Ruark which was originally O'Rourke (v common in Ireland) but changed for ease as is common with immigrants. 

11 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Also, someone better hurry up and start courting/get engaged/get pregnant.  Joy is the only pregnant Duggar right now... the horror!

No problem, Kendra will be soon (if not already).

I like the name, but I admit to surprise that they picked something so trendy - Mason is at least really popular here in the Midwest. He's a cute little guy. 

12 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Well, I'm glad it's Mason and not Masyn. 

Amen -- I'm with you! I have a friend who uses all kinds of "creative" spellings for her kids names ( she has 5, I'm not going to say them in case she happens to lurk here!) But needless to say it's almost impossible to figure out the correct pronunciation of the name on first pass....and then she gets mad when people don't pronounce it right!  I'm sorry my brain can't comprehend little Theueytylghtozyzbklia Smith (obviously made up but you get my drift!) 

41 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

I like the name, but I admit to surprise that they picked something so trendy - Mason is at least really popular here in the Midwest. He's a cute little guy. 

I knew she'd go with something trendy, but I was torn between Mason and Miles/Myles.

The Duggars all seemed to be much more fond of Grandpa Garrett Ruark compared to Grandpa Jimmy Lee. So I guess we should have seen this coming. JL obviously didn't approve of that many children but the Raurks had a big family themselves so Grandpa Garrett probably did and probably didn't make comments like JL did. You would think that someone would use Mary by now since they all love Grandma Mary so much. MaryAnna would make sense but maybe they don't like that. 

Mason. Hopefully he'll use his masonry skills to repair the structure of this marriage. Ba-dum tsh.

But not really. No kid deserves that kind of pressure on them.

Hi Mason, hope you're happy to be here! It's a solid Southern name, I had no clue it was trendy now. The two Masons I grew up with were named after grandpa, were a bit quirky and best friends. They both had unicycles, which for kids is enough to form the instant undying bond of best friendship.  

That baby announcement was so cute, I've made mental notes and the grey knit was lovely. I wonder if it was homemade. I wouldn't be surprised at all if crochet and knitting were big in fundie circles! (Note to self: buy yarn now and begin scarves so they are ready by the hols).

7 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

There's a collage pic of the M siblings holding Mason over at Pickles. The couch they're sitting on looks generic, not comfy or squishy so my guess is birth center if not hospital. He's cute, I'll give Anna that!

I must have missed it because I can't find it

13 hours ago, albireo said:

That brother had Josh in his wedding party. Just because they won't talk about him in public doesn't mean he's shunned on a family level.

I i agree they probably think the outside world is way too weird and rradical for them..probably think of ryone out here s radical abortionist using birth control and haaving sex on  streets like  nymphos

Very cute kid! Nice name. With the life he's going to have he'll need something. I hope there is no M6 but I know that is wishful thinking. :(

8 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

I must have missed it because I can't find it

TFDW took it down, but someone capped it on tumblr.

tumblr_ow75jhyWig1tl94kio1_500.jpgtumblr_ow75jhyWig1tl94kio2_500.jpg

TBH glad they didn't pick Matthew... that's one of MY family members' names! And I'd hate to say that I have something in common with a Duggar. lol

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

2) Anna's genes are strong. All those kids look exactly alike and nothing like Jim Bob. Dumb and Jessa can't say that. 

It's because Josh looks nothing like JB. In my opinion, he looks most like Michelle out of all the children. You look at his teen pictures and Michelle's teenpictures and they look just alike. 

Kenzie looks more like Anna but I see josh in there too. Michael looks a lot like josh. I barely see any Anna at all. Marcus is a clone of grandpa Keller. Meredith is a mix like Kenzie. Mason is too hard to tell just yet. 

I agree, Josh looks a lot like Michelle, but damn those Keller genes are strong. Mackynzie reminds me so much of Priscilla. And Marcus is the spitting image of Pa Keller, and Meredith is like the female version of Marcus. I think Michael looks a bit more Duggarish. 

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I knew she'd go with something trendy, but I was torn between Mason and Miles/Myles.

I LOVE the name Myles, but Myles Garrett wouldn't happen.  Naming your kid after the overall first draft pick from a rival SEC school is an abomination. Even douche bag josh wouldn't do that. And I'm still trying to figure out how that asshat helps make such beautiful children. Mason is adorable. 

5 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I also see Kellers in all of Anna's kids. Like overwhelmingly so.

If you look at a picture of Josh around age five, you'll see Michael. 

Sorry, @Carm_88, but the Skittles math and the Nog kids?

Answer=0. The Nog kids were so excited at seeing a recognizable food item without guessing that they ate all the skittles.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived