IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the counting on episode where Austin asked Joy to court last week and I was overcome with emotions because I had watched her grow up on TV since she was young. It was strange, I wish them well. Joy and Austin seem to be a good match. Austin may have came from a strict Christian family but they were not grifters and he is a hard worker. I wish she had a shot at college or more opportunities but I can see being happy helping out at his family camp and helping him flip houses. Joy is probably in a better position than Jill at the moment thanks to Derick and his grifting and fake missions. 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Joy is probably in a better position than Jill at the moment thanks to Derick and his grifting and fake missions. 

I think you nailed it. Joy probably is in a better position than Jill, not because of Austin being the better husband or his family being less restrictive. But because of Derick being worse. 

As some others have said, I think nineteen year olds can be very responsible, AND it's still not ideal for them to have babies. Maturation is a journey, not a destination.

OK, slightly off topic, but the title to this thread included the word "grandbaby"...

I KNOW people do describe their grandchildren as grandbabies at times, but it     just struck me that not only did JB and Michelle, specifically Michelle, say it was a grand BABY, they listed it as their tenth.

SO, to restate, only BABIES are important, and only their NUMBERS.

Children need not be recognized.

It just hit me the wrong way. End of rant.

I have no doubt that Joy had a crush on Austin for a long time. I also have no doubt that when Jessa left, the work load changed in the TTH.

Marrying Austin was a way to escape as much as it was a way forward with her man.

She is now only responsible for the two (or now 3) of them, rather than the multitude that remained at the TTH plus guests.

22 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I think you nailed it. Joy probably is in a better position than Jill, not because of Austin being the better husband or his family being less restrictive. But because of Derick being worse. 

Exactly, on paper Derick should be the better catch as he has a degree in accounting but he isn't using it. Austin is not Mr perfect but he is at least willing to provide for Joy and his family.

Joy Is around the same age as my daughter and son . She's traveling the world and dancing.  My son is in college. I have a teen mom who's 18 years old. She got pregnant at 14 years old and gave birth at 15 years old. She is living her life the way she wants to live it. She's not sure about college but she has a job. She hangs out with friends and is an amazing mom. If Joy had a choice that's completely different. Unfortunately she didn't have a choice. Teen mom's can be amazing mom's. Sometimes more amazing than grown adults. I wish she had a choice. I didn't expect Joy or the Duggar kids to follow a different lifestyle. They've been brainwashed since birth. 

38 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

OK, slightly off topic, but the title to this thread included the word "grandbaby"...

Quoting Michelle, of course.

I got pregnant with my oldest when I was 17. The only advantage was that I'd graduated from high school and had a year of college under my belt. It wasn't ideal (it was dumber than hell) but we survived it. 

The difference between me at that age and Joy is that I had choices. Three of them for my daughter...abort, adopt or parent. I had choices in terms of working/resuming my education. The sperm donor split long before she was born so I didn't have to deal with him. 

Admittedly, my parents were control freaks and tried to undermine my relationship with my daughter (and subsequent children) and that turned a lot of stuff to shit...but...I DID have choices. 

On 9/1/2017 at 11:13 AM, Ms. Squishels said:

I don't know or care how far along Joy is, but I was thinking about this.  Teenagers can be really good at figuring out how to get together no matter what their parents try to do to stop them.  If the baby was conceived before they got married, I'm just thinking "You go, Joy!"  I just wonder how much they try to ditch the chaperones, no matter what they say on TV.  Wouldn't that be normal behavior for any young person in love, especiallly from a strict household?  I would just love to find out that Joy was sneaking out and getting to enjoy time with Austin alone and sticking it to JB and Michelle!!  I also really think that Ben and Jessa found a little alone time before they were married too.

Keep in mind that Joy was alone with Austin when they got engaged - with only one of his male friends as a chaperone - and maybe the friend let them have a little time for hey hey hey.    

I'm not surprised she got pregnant this fast.  For Joy & Austin's sake I hope she does not have her mother's fertility as I do not see them  practicing NFP in the future.   I am hoping she will only end up with about a dozen.  For what its worth, I can see Bin and Jessa practicing NFP and maybe having 5 or 6 kids. max.  You know Anna & Jill are going to keep popping them out as fast as possible & as long as they are physically able.  I am in the camp that says Jinge & the Babe are practicing NFP/barrier method.      

11 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Keep in mind that Joy was alone with Austin when they got engaged - with only one of his male friends as a chaperone - and maybe the friend let them have a little time for hey hey hey.    

Yeah, totally alone. Just the two of them, the chaperone, and the whole film crew.

8 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I don't think they had hey hey hey before the wedding.  They 're  young healthy fertile and probably fucked like rabbits on the Honeymoon.  

Just now, singsingsing said:

Yeah, totally alone. Just the two of them, the chaperone, and the whole film crew.

Do you think the film crew would feel responsible for sticking around if they felt they wanted some alone time?  

17 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Grandbaby is a Southern thing. We say it all the time. I have 0 problem with it. 

Yup! My 14 year old granddaughter is STILL my grandbaby (she's the oldest of the 7 so far)

Oh...and I just found out that there's a new grandbaby on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, SayWhat said:

I don't think they had hey hey hey before the wedding.  They 're  young healthy fertile and probably fucked like rabbits on the Honeymoon.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant the moment her clothes came off. 

Just now, feministxtian said:

Yup! My 14 year old granddaughter is STILL my grandbaby (she's the oldest of the 7 so far)

Oh...and I just found out that there's a new grandbaby on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm from the Northeast and say Grandbaby. 

CONGRATS to you and your family!  

2 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Do you think the film crew would feel responsible for sticking around if they felt they wanted some alone time?  

Do you think Joy and Austin would trust the film crew not to tell?

I honestly don't think Joy would have broken the Duggar rule for no sex before marriage. Have you watched the show? She's dedicated to that lifestyle for better or for worse its what she knows. She's never shown interest in doing anything else but following the marriage and babies path set before her. 

If she did get pregnant on her honeymoon, the pregnancy calculations would start before due to the last mental cycle not because when they actually had sex. If they aren't announcing, they probably want to avoid this kind of speculation.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Do you think Joy and Austin would trust the film crew not to tell?

LOL   They were probably happy to let them have a bit of freedom.   

Also, the film crew could have left thinking that the friend was in charge of policing them.      

5 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

LOL   They were probably happy to let them have a bit of freedom.   

Also, the film crew could have left thinking that the friend was in charge of policing them.      

Sounds like you're on a roll with this fan fiction you're writing, anyway.

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Oh...and I just found out that there's a new grandbaby on the way!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Can we start the pool already. I, A: think I accidentally stumbled on a private page where Anna told a person the due date, and B: There was another baby belly pic, and I am ready to start the baby date pool. lmao

1 minute ago, SadieJane said:

Can we start the pool already. I, A: think I accidentally stumbled on a private page where Anna told a person the due date, and B: There was another baby belly pic, and I am ready to start the baby date pool. lmao

I'm guessing a private Instagram? (Don't share if it's private, I'm just curious about how you accidentally found it!)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived