IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

Damn. No congrats video from Jill on the Duggar Family page. I don't normally ruffle the leghumpers but I was so looking forward to congratulating her on being a first time grandma.       

I think they didn't didn't post one because it would be such low hanging fruit. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also a very real possibility she is having twins, there is a significant family history, at some point at least ONE of the girls will have at least 1 twin pregnancy. 

As for Joy having an 8 pound premie, I had one. My water broke at 35 wk 6 days & he was born the next day at 36 wks, he was 8lbs even and 20 inches. No speculation of a shotgun wedding since he wasa born 14 months after my wedding.  And my daughter was 9lbs 2oz at  38 wk 3 days, I make nice big babies.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

@SapphireSlytherin Aw, that kinda sucks... I'm a huge Little House on the Prairie fan (book series - I never really watched the show) and would love to see some of the actual locations.

I never heard that Almanzo was short, but Laura for sure was tiny. They were both very good looking people. Almanzo definitely seemed like a heroic and all around decent guy (at least, that's how she wrote him). You do kind of have to get past the creep factor of how young she was when he started scoping her out, but hey, that was normal for the time and place. 

Almanzo Wilder was 5'4.Laura Ingalls Wilder was 4'11.She was a Half-Pint like her Pa said.

2 minutes ago, melon said:

Almanzo Wilder was 5'4.Laura Ingalls Wilder was 4'11.She was a Half-Pint like her Pa said.

I'm the same height as Laura! :) I was obsessed with her for the longest time. In middle school I wrote a paper about her, and I bought the Pioneer Girl autobiography. 

Almanzo looks a lot taller than her in pictures... Are you sure he's that short?

15 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Does anyone know of quiverfull families where someone got married under the age of 18 witht heir parents permission?

There was a girl named Autumn who got married at 16. Her husband turned out to be abusive and when the church disapproved of her divorce, the entire family left the church. 

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Re: fundies getting married before 18, wasn't there that 17-year-old who married a woman in her early 20s? I think his name was Taylor? Was he still 17 when they married?

That's Taylor Tsantles who was 17 when he married Blair Brown (daughter of Scott, sister of Kelly Bradrick) two weeks before her 23rd birthday. Seven years later they have 5 children.

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot Autumn! She was one of my gateway fundies. What happened to her was absolutely horrifying. Thankfully she got out (with the support of her family!) and seemed to be thriving last time I checked.

3 minutes ago, JPickleDuggar said:

What's up with them not announcing due dates anymore? I get not saying when the weddings are, but no due date announcement? 

Probably because of the shitstorm Jill caused by going seventeen weeks past due.

On the topic of Laura Ingalls Wilder, I just finished reading The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure.  She visited all of the Laura spots and describes what's real and what's been relocated/built for tourism. Also delves into the truthfulness of the events in the Little House books and the timeline. Not the greatest book I've ever read, but interesting if you're a Laura fan! 

On 9/2/2017 at 7:20 PM, anaandrade said:

I think she's due in March. I do wonder how far along she really is, mainly because it seems they announced really early. She can't be any more than 16 weeks. I sincerely hope she has this kid in mid March simply because if she has it any earlier, people are gonna be more convinced she has sex before marriage, which we know it's not true. She already looks pretty big as it is. I hope they announce a due date. What's the earliest you can find out your pregnant? How many weeks?

Woot!

I said March 6th due date pages back.  Maybe even previous thread.  Sticking with; and for @Carm_88 's next birthpool :

Terrance Austin.   7lbs 15 oz.   21-1/2"  on March 9, 2018 

Someone did a birth date calculator, and if the baby was conceived on their wedding night (5/26), baby would be due on 2/16, making her something like 15-16 weeks along now. I guess we'll find out when they're good and ready to tell us. We'll probably get something vague like Late Feb/Early March, depending on when they actually conceived. 

There is such a thing as "do as I say, not as I do" and justifying one's own actions while looking down at others who do the same.  Remember Bristol Palin?

Now I am NOT saying that Joy got pregnant before marriage while preaching purity.  I agree with the people who are pointing out that there were chaperones, film crew, etc., and it just would have been logistically impossible.  But I don't buy into "she's fundie therefore she couldn't have conceived before her wedding night."

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As for Joy having an 8 pound premie, I had one. My water broke at 35 wk 6 days & he was born the next day at 36 wks, he was 8lbs even and 20 inches

Babies born at 36 weeks are very close to term, babies born at 37 weeks are considered at term. 7 months means 32 weeks that is a whole month earlier than that. And a month means a lot when even a week makes a great difference.

I read that the people who think she was knocked up before the wedding think this is the reason they 'changed' the wedding date.

But wasn't it clear for weeks already that the wedding would be somewhere in May/June? Even if they first had an October data (which I doubt was the case) then still they 'moved' it quite a few weeks before. Think about the dress shopping, bachelor party etc.

If the speculators would be right it would mean that she got pregnant already in March or something, meaning that the baby would be two months 'premature' which seems impossible to fake.

This 'doctor' even claims 6 months, which would mean the baby should be passed as three months premature. Some people are just stupid.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I read that the people who think she was knocked up before the wedding think this is the reason they 'changed' the wedding date.

I don't get why people keep bringing up the moving up of the date as evidence that she had premarital sex... it was clearly stated in their registry that oct 28 wasn't the actual date, as it is Joy's bday

plus, the duggars have always gotten married about 3 months after the wedding.. no way they were gonna wait 7 months imo

On 9/3/2017 at 4:59 AM, eveandadam said:

Also reminds me of Gilmore Girls. Lorelei fell pregnant at the age of 16 and they seriously told her to marry Rory's father at the time but she refused. So in conservative families it is defiately a  possibility.

I was coming here to say just that! In my opinion it was a good thing she didn't marry Christopher, although I do not agree with many of the choices she made raising Rory ( I know, I know- fictional characters!)

How could any ethical doctor predict how far along in a pregnancy a woman is based on an Instagram photo?

Seriously.

I also hope that Joy did not get pregnant before marriage because I cannot imagine the restrictions that would be placed on the remaining girls, had that been the case.

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

How could any ethical doctor predict how far along in a pregnancy a woman is based on an Instagram photo?

Seriously.

These people need a new hobby,

Poor Joy. So what if she carries large. Bump size doesn't always correlate to baby size. I'm all for criticizing fundie politics and effect in society. It's mean to judge a women based on her appearance, especially a pregnant one.

11 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

On the topic of Laura Ingalls Wilder,

The History Chicks have a pretty good episode on Laura. It's one of their earlier ones though so the audio quality isn't spectacular. Stuff You Missed in History Class also has a two parter (I think). They did episodes on Laura and on the actual "long winter" she describes in the book. They're all worth a listen. 

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

This 'doctor' even claims 6 months, which would mean the baby should be passed as three months premature. 

I'm a pretty privat person, so I already get uncomfortable with coworkers knowing too much about my private life. I can't even imagine what it is like to have people making videos of me, examining my body so closely, following every public move. It sounds like a nightmare. 

Add to it the belief system that you can sin by merely thinking or causing others to think bad thoughts. What must it be like to be raised to be a role model to people that judge you. It must feel like running on a never ending treadmill. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived